RPGA and Errata

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
(Also posting this on the main board)

In case you have seen it:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/updates

The errata has some pretty darn serious errata concerning DCs and skill challenges (in short, the people at ENWorld and the general forum were right) that drop hard skill DCs but 10 (from 25 to 15).

But with multiple preview published adventures for LFR released using the broken rules(and other 4e adventures, including the first two H-series mods), and likely the first couple official adventures for each region finished (less than two months to go and all) the adventures will be using broken challenges that do not reflect the latest errata.

So my question is, will the adventures be updated to reflect this? And if not, are GMs allowed to adjust (ie lower) the DCs on-the-fly and modify the skill challenge?
Especially since, as currently written, first-third level characters would be facing skill challenges for characters level 16-18!

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

We were aware of many of the changes coming, and some of those changes were made in the adventures already--yes, even the first adventures premiering at GenCon. More information about this will be forthcoming prior to GenCon.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
Whoopie for the people going to GenCon.
For me, the person possibly playing Escape from Sembia in a week or two, not so helpful...

Just sayin.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

Note that the version of Escape from Sembia which is now downloadable from the RPGA ordering database is different from the one which ran at D&DXP. The details in the skill challenge encounter(s) are particularly different, so you probably don't need to worry too much.

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

So point out the errata to the DM of the adventure. Let the DM run the adventure as he/she sees fit based on the information in the adventure, in the DMG, and in the errata.
Note that the version of Escape from Sembia which is now downloadable from the RPGA ordering database is different from the one which ran at D&DXP. The details in the skill challenge encounter(s) are particularly different, so you probably don't need to worry too much.

I may be mistaken, but even if you play the preview adventures after the campaign starts, they are still just that -- previews. They can't count towards any regular character's advancement in the campaign...
Right. I nearly made that point as well, and then promptly forgot it while typing. Play the previews entirely for fun and don't sweat it too much :D

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.