Specials and adventures

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
i seem to be having trouble finding this.

For the RPGA LFR events, specials, and home plays, the players handbook states that 5 players are considered the "perfect" group now. Does that RPGA events are now no longer 6 players or is 4-6 players a valid statement.
i seem to be having trouble finding this.

For the RPGA LFR events, specials, and home plays, the players handbook states that 5 players are considered the "perfect" group now. Does that RPGA events are now no longer 6 players or is 4-6 players a valid statement.

The base RPGA rules haven't changed, so 4-6 is still valid.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

They sold LFR tickets for GenCon in multiples of 6 so, presumably, they are planning on tables of 6. I would assume 4-6 players will still be OK.
To expand a bit, LFR adventures (at this time) are all written for 5 players. There are instructions for adjusting each encounter if there are 4 players or 6 players. But 4-6 players (and 1 DM) still make a legal LFR table.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
Just imagine if the RPGA reduced the legal table size from 6 to 5. This would essentially create a situation where conventions would need a good deal more judges and space to accommodate the same number of players.

My friends and I discussed the possibility of this when we read that the ideal 4e table consisted of 5 players and dismissed it due to the reason described above.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
ok whew...just checking, our RPGA Gencon group is 6 people so i was getting scared.
To expand a bit, LFR adventures (at this time) are all written for 5 players. There are instructions for adjusting each encounter if there are 4 players or 6 players. But 4-6 players (and 1 DM) still make a legal LFR table.

I think Wavester even commented at one point at a recent con that 5 players being the core "standard" may have been influenced (even if only a little) by the RPGA's standard of allowing 4-6...

I think it also shows that 4 players at a table under 3.x was severely underpowered (unless, by some miracle, each canonical role -- fighter, wizard, cleric, rogue -- was filled with PCs all of the same level ;) )
To expand a bit, LFR adventures (at this time) are all written for 5 players. There are instructions for adjusting each encounter if there are 4 players or 6 players.

If this is done well, it might be the single greatest thing about LFR. Actually, stopping difficulty creep in mods and making specials not impossibly difficult would be the greatest thing ever. But this would be a close second.
I think Wavester even commented at one point at a recent con that 5 players being the core "standard" may have been influenced (even if only a little) by the RPGA's standard of allowing 4-6...

I think as time goes on that many people will be surprised at how many ways the RPGA has influenced the 4E ruleset.

Just my two cents.

Joe
Joe Fitzgerald | joerpga[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au LFR Global Administrator
ok whew...just checking, our RPGA Gencon group is 6 people so i was getting scared.

Just a note here - the D&D Championship (DDC) is 5 person tables. This is a special change just for this team advancement tourney. All other RPGA events remain 4-6 players.
According to the description(below) the delves are also 5 players. If the tables are Max 6, that would mean more delving !

Star Wars: Rebel Run
Blast your way through the clutches of the Galactic Empire as your team finishes its mission before time runs out! Use one of our 3rd-level fastplay characters to get as far as you can in 30 minutes. A Star Wars Saga Edition delve-style event. This event uses 5 player tables. Generic tickets only.

D&D Dungeon Delve: The Royal Gambit
Jump into D&D 4th Edition and get as far you can in 30 minutes during this dungeon delve! There are many different paths to explore; play as often as you like! 4th-level characters are provided. A D&D 4th Edition delve-style event. This event uses 5 player tables. Generic tickets only
According to the description(below) the delves are also 5 players. If the tables are Max 6, that would mean more delving !

Star Wars: Rebel Run
Blast your way through the clutches of the Galactic Empire as your team finishes its mission before time runs out! Use one of our 3rd-level fastplay characters to get as far as you can in 30 minutes. A Star Wars Saga Edition delve-style event. This event uses 5 player tables. Generic tickets only.

D&D Dungeon Delve: The Royal Gambit
Jump into D&D 4th Edition and get as far you can in 30 minutes during this dungeon delve! There are many different paths to explore; play as often as you like! 4th-level characters are provided. A D&D 4th Edition delve-style event. This event uses 5 player tables. Generic tickets only

I think that the delves, like the DDC, are exceptions to the general RPGA 4-6 player rule. I'm not exactly an official source, but I can't imagine that the Delve table size will increase from 5 to 6. I'd love to cut the line size down by 20% like everyone else but alas, no can do I'm afraid.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Sign In to post comments