4th ed GM test

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
when will testing for GMs be switched to 4th edition?
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1055064
Very soon. We wanted to ensure everyone had a few weeks to get their books, read them and become familiar with the new rules. The test is written and being fine tuned as I write and will be deployed as soon as we've finished.

Please note that as soon as the test goes live the old test will be switched off.

Ian

WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Will we need to retest?
In a previous thread from the RPGA General forum that I can't find ATM, we were told, no.

The logic being, if you passed the 3.X test, and you have the desire to be an active judge in the RPGA, as it moves to 4th, you'll simply keep yourself up-to-date and well versed in the rules.

If, like me, you're a test junkie, and simply WANT to test to see where there may be weak spots in your rules knowledge, you are allowed to take an optional 4E test. Ian tells us that even if you don't pass you shouldn't be risking your Herald-Level status.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Its in the RPGA General forum. Right oh on the reasoning. It seems to me that the test is more about being able to find and give the correct ruling, hence the open book. If you can do the 3.5 test you have the skillls to do the 4E test, or this Star Wars test some of us are looking forward to.