LFRCS

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know several months ago we were told that we would see the Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting sometime between Origins and GenCon.

It's that time now. Any idea when it will be released, especially for those attending GenCon in 30 days?

Thanks.

Uthgardt
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/news/20080519a

[INDENT]Q: When will character creation rules be available?

A: The campaign’s launch is August 2008, and we expect that character creation rules will be available at least 2 weeks prior to the first adventure releases. The character creation rules will be an appendix of the RPGA Character Creation Guide.[/INDENT]

Said RPGA Character Creation Guide is already available here, and indicates that an FR appendix will be included in an update around mid-July (which is not for at least a week). You can build a perfectly competent character using what's in there, though...
The RPGA Character Creation Guidelines are available on the RPGA website. They will be updated on (I think) July 19th or thereabouts, and we expect that this update will include the appendix which details the specifics for LFR.

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

I know several months ago we were told that we would see the Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting sometime between Origins and GenCon.

It's that time now. Any idea when it will be released, especially for those attending GenCon in 30 days?

Thanks.

Uthgardt

RPGA® CHARACTER CREATION GUIDE
Version 1.0, June 6, 2008 Next Update: July 18, 2008
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

That's all well and good and all, but he asked about the "Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting", NOT the "RPGA Character Creation Guide".

Thanks.

Uthgardt

Are you sure you are not mixing up the Setting with the LFR guidelines? Cause, last I saw, the Setting isn't due out until after GenCon. I distinctly remember hoping an early copy would be the reward for LFR judges at GenCon but figuring it wouldn't be released in time. Now the character creation guidelines for LFR should be out any time now.
Are you sure you are not mixing up the Setting with the LFR guidelines? Cause, last I saw, the Setting isn't due out until after GenCon. I distinctly remember hoping an early copy would be the reward for LFR judges at GenCon but figuring it wouldn't be released in time. Now the character creation guidelines for LFR should be out any time now.

This was my assumption as well, since the Products page shows the release of LFR next month, and asking in the forums for the release of a phsyical book would be, highly uncommon.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

That's all well and good and all, but he asked about the "Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting", NOT the "RPGA Character Creation Guide".

I'm extrapolating from the fact that he posted in the RPGA forums that he's actually looking for the LFR appendix (since people seldom (I've never seen it)) ask about book release dates in the RPGA forums. Not to mention he called it the Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, indicates he's looking for the LFR Appendix, but simply didn't know the correct terminology.

Additionally the FRCG is due in August, as is clearly marked on it's Product Page. Nothing was promised, that I've seen, that "it's that time now".

Therefore I was listing the next update to the RPGA CCG, as it's generally assumed/anticpated that this update will include the LFR Appendix based on the proximity of the release date to GenCon.

From 'When can we start?' Thread
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1051569

There will be more information posted when the LFR character creation rules go up (scheduled for July 18).

So I expect the updated RPGA CCG to be ready on 07/18/08 at 11:59 pm PST. :D
From 'When can we start?' Thread
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1051569

So I expect the updated RPGA CCG to be ready on 07/18/08 at 11:59 pm PST. :D

Early August is a more realistic expectation, but we can all hope!
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Last news was that the CCG was still planned for July 18th. It is always possible that it may come out a little later, which isn't really a problem. The living campaign doesn't start until Gen Con anyway, and they said that it would be at least a couple of weeks up from then.

The thing I am waiting to see complaints on is the fact that the campaign starts during the weekend Aug 14-17, yet the campain setting hardcover won't be out until the following tuesday, the 19th. This is posted on Amazon.com, and confirmed at a local premier store.
Last news was that the CCG was still planned for July 18th. It is always possible that it may come out a little later, which isn't really a problem. The living campaign doesn't start until Gen Con anyway, and they said that it would be at least a couple of weeks up from then.

The thing I am waiting to see complaints on is the fact that the campaign starts during the weekend Aug 14-17, yet the campain setting hardcover won't be out until the following tuesday, the 19th. This is posted on Amazon.com, and confirmed at a local premier store.

When asked about classes and races that will only be in the FRCG, Chris Tulach said "Don't worry about it".

So, I'm guessing he can't confirm or deny what's going to be in the CCG, but I'd expect at least a peek of the Swordmage and Gensai will be included so we can start with those options.

Sign In to post comments