Records

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
since LFR is a Living Campaign and We will need Campaign documentation .... how are Records going to be Done ... Are we going to do LG AR Style ? or something new

also what about Time Units .... I know this is a sore spot for people ... but our Group is exactly the Reason to Support TU's ... We Ran through Hellspike / dragondown grotto / Expedition to the demonweb pits ( I added Red hand) + a Full Con Load as well as a few Cores in a 6 month period
The information on LFR documentation should be part of the LFR Campaign standards and be released sometime in late July. Hopefully just in time for Gencon slot 0s. I don't think more information is available at this time.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
I am a big fan of TUs (and ARs) but, it is beginnning to look like advancement is going to be limited by what level bands modules are available for.
Minus the level bumps I am a fan of the way Xendik Expeditions has tracked characters online. I hope they do something like that as well...
Hoping for AR's and not certs like Living Arcanis/Force had.
Minus the level bumps I am a fan of the way Xendik Expeditions has tracked characters online. I hope they do something like that as well...

Well, to me, that'd be a drawback. They've been doing online character tracking for, what, 5 years now? And, they still can't get the system to work the way they intended. I trust my own ability to keep records more than I trust the RPGA's system, sorry. And, I don't like the idea of going to a big convention, playing a half-dozen modules, and not being able to have the results "count" yet for my character because the online tracker hasn't been updated.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"

I like the *IDEA* of the online tracking.

However, the execution has left much to be desired. (Problems with certs not being in the database, no real options for appeals if a record is entered wrong, difficulties with tracking forms getting lost/mangled/misreported at conventions, etc).

These problems have, at various times, been so severe as to cause the Factionmasters and the RPGA to actually recommend that players keep a paper trail (Adventure Log) of their exploits, because the database is known to be unreliable.

The Adventure Log is considered more official than the database (when there are discrepancies), and having a paper trail that's more official than the central tracking database defeats the entire purpose.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Here have been my issues with both systems.

Paper Records: If I play online, I have to wait 2-3 weeks for my certs to arrive in the mail before they become official for my character. This is problematic if I intend to play several games online consecutively. I do a lot of my gaming online as it is easier for me to do than go to a gameday/convention especially when I start my new job.

Online Tracking: The reverse is true... my online certs usually show up right away (the DMs are already at their computer so they pretty much report it as soon as the session is over) however events at a Convention I don't get my access until after the convention is over. This is a drag when the con is 2-3 days long.

I would really like to see a 'best of both worlds' option whereby you can get the certs online OR have a paper documentation (perhaps be able to print the full certs online, but one that is hand-written is just as valid?)

I know it's probably a pipe dream, but all I can do is state what I would like to see.