Module Amount

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know that right now each region is limited to 4 modules, 5 if they get the other 4 in on time. What would be the possibility, if everything runs really smoothly, of that number possibly increasing in the future? I was just thinking while 5 modules is a decent number to get flavor and story lines going, 6 is even better. I guess I'm just hoping if we are on really good behavior, we just might get a treat in a couple of years.
I know that right now each region is limited to 4 modules, 5 if they get the other 4 in on time. What would be the possibility, if everything runs really smoothly, of that number possibly increasing in the future? I was just thinking while 5 modules is a decent number to get flavor and story lines going, 6 is even better. I guess I'm just hoping if we are on really good behavior, we just might get a treat in a couple of years.

Honestly, if I'm reading what I saw right, I believe it has been said somewhere on this board that there are 5 mods per region PER Quarter. To me, that means that there will be 20 modules per region per year, which equals to more modules than I can play with one character unless I exhuast myself playing. I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a quarterly release of modules. Take this with a grain of salt, but hopefully the grain of salt turns out to be nice, tasty, useful garlic salt (goes great on everything, just like garlic.)

Wes
The current production and release schedule is 4 adventures per region per year. Regions that meet all their deadlines are eligible for a 5th adventure each year.

Every adventure released for LFR is going to be treated more like any other WotC-published adventure than previous RPGA offerings: contents vetted by WotC folks, more careful editing, etc. This makes budgets and time constraints a little tighter.

Still, in an average year that is 48-60 regional adventures, plus at least 12 "core" adventures, 2-3 specials, adapted adventures, quest adventures, plus a bevy of other possible play opportunities that will be announced as the campaign progresses.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
I am ready and beginning to plan events for Sept. or maybe Aug. if I can get enough info soon enough. There is a huge Warhammer Tournament here in Sept. and I want to piggy back with them and do a big RPGA event here.
The current production and release schedule is...... plus a bevy of other possible play opportunities that will be announced as the campaign progresses.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin

I take that to mean even if we do really, really well, the likelihood for a 6th normal regional adventure is, well, practically non-existent. I figured that would be the case, but hey, I can dream can't I?
I have no idea what are the chances that the number of LFR regional adventures might be raised in the future, although I would be pleased if it did. I do know that a key factor in making such decisions goes back to the play numbers. If a lot of people are playing a lot of modules, then it is more likely than if most people only play a few or some of the modules. Even back in the 1990s, the RPGA tracked that sort of metrics and would even divide up numbers of players who played ten or less modules a year, or more than ten a year. Sort of like asking why produce more games if the majority of players don't "consume" all that you provide now, if you see my point.

Then, you have to hope the WotC ups the budget to pay for more adventures, and editors, etc. have the time to take on more work load, and those other mundane considerations.

So play and get others to play -- a lot!

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
I take that to mean even if we do really, really well, the likelihood for a 6th normal regional adventure is, well, practically non-existent. I figured that would be the case, but hey, I can dream can't I?

We can all dream. I can only comment on current plans as I know them. I cannot speak to future plans on adventure numbers. I could see a scenario where we get a lot of people playing every single available play opportunity and asking for me. In that case, the RPGA might have a good case to take to WotC for a bigger budget and more adventures. But that is a lot of "ifs." But I know that we, as a campaign, want to avoid the appearance that we are spending budget on materials that only a select few get to play. That does not sit well with the budget people, no matter what the business.

Shawn