LFR map

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can someone direct me to a map of the LFR? I can find earlier maps but not anything that outlines the regions...
Can someone direct me to a map of the LFR? I can find earlier maps but not anything that outlines the regions...

There's a good map of the Realms as they were before the Spellplague downloadable from the Wizards site here, but as far as I'm aware there aren't yet any maps of the Realms as they are after the Spellplague hits and shakes everything up... I'm not expecting to see any until they start previewing teasers for the FR Campaign Guide on the D&D site.

So I imagine there won't be any decent maps of the LFR Regions as they divide up Realms geography till there's a post-Spellplague map to work with. In the meantime there's a rough map dividing up the pre-Spellplague geography here as a 2.4Mb .png file in the LivingFR Yahoo! Group, which you might not be able to see without being a logged-in member of the group...
BTW you won't see a map of the realms. Its part of the desighn of 4th edition that the dm makes the world his own. Although I could see those running the campaigne making a map that simply shows relative regions in accordance with each other just for flavor.
Lets not post falsehoods, or speculation as fact.
There will be a poster map of the 4th ed. Realms (in fact, Chris Perkins commented on it).

Gomez
BTW you won't see a map of the realms. It's part of the desighn of 4th edition that the dm makes the world his own.

Do you have an official source for your first statement? If the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide doesn't include a map of the post-Spellplague Realms covering at least roughly the same area as the pre-Spellplague maps currently downloadable from the Wizards site, I shall eat my hat!

A DM can make a published campaign world his own whether an official map is produced or not, all published source material is an optional resource for a home game.

Edited to add: Glad to hear about the poster map, I've found the poster maps of the Flanaess immensely useful for running Living Greyhawk games.
Edited to add: Glad to hear about the poster map, I've found the poster maps of the Flanaess immensely useful for running Living Greyhawk games.

As have I, not to mention the fact that they were just so bloody COOL!

So, will the FR poster maps be packaged with Dragon or Dungeon?

Uhhhh.....Nevermind :P
Actually its mentioned in lots of podcasts and articles. They have said that they (WOTC) are no longer making maps because of the idea of "points of light" and that they want the DM fleshing out the world they play in. Might they go against their own words....possibly...but at most it might just be a map of the general landscape with the smaller important parts left out. Then again if the smaller pieces such as scale are left out your left with a meaningless map.
The maps they won't make are the ones for the core D&D world, which doesn't even have a name.
Settings such as Eberon and Forgotten Realms obviously will have maps, since they are settings with establishe locales.
Besides, it's the very point of these settings that the DM doesn't have think up everything of the world, so they can focus on the adventure. No setting is going to sell if it doesn't have a map.

Gomez
Has there been an official announcement of the division of regions?
Has there been an official announcement of the division of regions?

Basic divisions listed here on the WotC site. There's a bit more info for each Region here on my site.