(point of contact read) central US

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Working on resurrecting the large following of living gamers here in the midwest, which is rather huge.

As a published writer, and old LC freakaholic, I'm looking to write modules for the forth coming Living Forgotten Realms, in mass. I need the point of contact to give me a buzz, as I've already scheduled the intro modules for the local gaming shops, and interested in doing more in the future.

I need to know what formats the modules need to be submitted in, and who to contact, now in the region for submissions.

Email: [email]drakesylvan@yahoo.com[/email]
or
[email]drakesylvan@hotmail.com[/email] for more information. I'd like to get started right away.

RPGA number 446953
See here for contact information for LFR regions where it's been made available: http://www.lfr-oxford.oxif.org/regions.html

You might also want to post on the appropriate Yahoo! Group. See here for links: http://www.lfr-oxford.oxif.org/

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

Working on resurrecting the large following of living gamers here in the midwest, which is rather huge.

A few of us did play a little Living Greyhawk, and other campaigns, here and there, you know.

(Sorry, I'm teasing, but you make it sound like the player base withered up and died after LC went toes-up.)
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
A few of us did play a little Living Greyhawk, and other campaigns, here and there, you know.

(Sorry, I'm teasing, but you make it sound like the player base withered up and died after LC went toes-up.)

Well, the LG game did not have the support as old LC in our region. Most of the LC gamers did not like the "living accounting" of Living Grayhawk.

Luckly the LFR stuff will be accounted for online, in many ways.

As a published writer, and old LC freakaholic, I'm looking to write modules for the forth coming Living Forgotten Realms, in mass. I need the point of contact to give me a buzz, as I've already scheduled the intro modules for the local gaming shops, and interested in doing more in the future.

I need to know what formats the modules need to be submitted in, and who to contact, now in the region for submissions.

POC for Northcentral USA / Waterdeep is Ryan Kappler (who posted his email address in the sticky poc board.

You may also choose to volunteer to write for any region, not just the one in which you reside.

I will be sending my potential Waterdeep authors more information (the various templates and Writer's Guidelines) after June 6th, and soliciting authors to sign up for specific scheduled adventures. If interested, we can talk off line.

Keith

[email]LFRWDHoffman@aol.com[/email]
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
To add to what Keith said, if you are interested in writing for Waterdeep, you would want to visit the current Yahoo group for Waterdeep here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lfrncusa/

Keith is one of our two Writing Directors for the Waterdeep region. While the first two mods were written by him and Claire, to get Waterdeep off with a bang, we are looking to outsource the writing of future mods to prospective writers. But there is no physical or geographic boundary on what regions you can write for. You would just have to go through the submission process for each region.

We do have proposal guidelines, writing guidelines, and templates to follow, but those cannot be release at the present moment. But, there is a limit that we are bumping up against. Four (max five) mods a year, per region, so if you are planning on writing mods for a single region, you may want to start thinking of condensing some of your ideas. Just a thought. I don't want you to be disappointed.
Ryan P. Kappler Community Manager for Living Forgotten Realms.
Ay. For the Dalelands, we have several plotlines planned, and are already discussing adventure ideas. This means that it is likely that a writer will be asked to write withing a certain framework - or at least to have goals defines that need be met on the adventure.
Sign In to post comments