GenCon Indy schedule announced

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
The RPGA events are now up for viewing (but not, yet, ordering) on the GenCon website. A .xls spreadsheet of all events is downloadable from here: http://community.gencon.com/files/24/default.aspx

Three cores (CORE-1, CORE-2, and CORE-3) and four regionals (BALD-1, EAST-1, LURU-1, and WATE-1) are all running in each slot (8am, 1pm, 7pm). Available tickets for each slot vary, but some modules have sixty available tickets in some slots.

CORE-S1, which is a two-round module, is running at 8am and 7pm each day, with up to 132 tickets available in each slot.

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

So...now that RPGA events are up and ready to run, there's a big question I have.

Is there going to be a need for judges? My initial guess is no, because they are premiering LFR at GenCon and rules and games will not be up till then. However, I love to help and judge at GenCon. It's fun! :D

I know this is yet another question in the Pool of Queries for all of the regional admins, as well as Dave, so don't stress yourself with it. ^.^ But if judge sign up is going to happen soon, please let me know. I want to order my event tickets correctly this year.

And as a side note, if the campaign kicks off in two months, are we going to have at least a preview of the LFRCS soon? Just a taste? Ok, I'll shut up. *covers head and mrows*
Yes, we will need judges. Lots and lots and lots and lots of judges. Literally, we cannot have enough judges. Keep an eye on the WotC site, and this board, and any other place where there is LFR news. The call for judges will be going out, and I would guess it will be fairly soon, although I can't give a better estimate than that.

The LFRCS will not be coming out "soon." It is being worked on, and it will be available a couple weeks before GenCon.

Shawn
LFR Global Admins
I wouldn't mind judging, but I don't really want to do anything else at Gen Con (blasphemy, I know.) Is there some way that I could do this thing on the cheap if all I do is judge?
Well, it depends on what you consider cheap. Generally, if you judge 4 slots, you get your badge for free. If you judge 7 slots, you get a share of a hotel room for free. So you are still looking at meals and travel, but otherwise you have everything paid for. And there are also other rewards for judging in the form of free books or other "swag."
Dave Christ, the Senior GM for RPGA, has been working furiously on the judge requirements for Gencon. He will post on the RPGA website his form for GMs (new to working with him), and various information on what is involved. He uses the www.consupport.com website/application to register and schedule judges. Judges still have to go to Gencon website to get an account number (in order to get the free badge), and, if they want to play games at the con, to sign up for the games. I know that Dave hopes to have this stuff up shortly, but as he is running a local con this weekend, he is multi-tasking. Dave is extremely organized and runs a fine show. (If you go to the consupport site, the Paradigm Concepts is already organizing their judges for Gencon; the RPGA will be a different set.) LFR adventures should be available for slot 0s for judges. Dave sets up a yahoo.list for his judges (for each specific con) and will send you an invitation once you sign up.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
I just know that, to get these things slot zeroed, I'll have to know some type of rules. While I have the books on preorder from B&N, that'll only give me enough to judge D&D.

Thank you for answering my questions! :D I'll just have to wait and sign up when I get the post from Dave.
Generally speaking, they try to have the campaign standards out *just* in time for slot zeros to begin (which is typically about 3 weeks before a show).

Keep your fingers crossed that all the t's get dotted, and the i's all get crossed. (Yeah, I know. I'm weird that way).
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I just know that, to get these things slot zeroed, I'll have to know some type of rules. While I have the books on preorder from B&N, that'll only give me enough to judge D&D..

If you can judge 4E D&D, you will be able to judge LFR. There are some upfront boilerplate words in every LFR adventure that will explain the few campaign specific aspects. I would expect by the time you download the modules to prep, the campaign standards should be available. It is possible that you might want to read some background material on the specific setting, to help you be more comfortable with the setting.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
So...now that RPGA events are up and ready to run, there's a big question I have.

Is there going to be a need for judges? My initial guess is no, because they are premiering LFR at GenCon and rules and games will not be up till then. However, I love to help and judge at GenCon. It's fun! :D

I know this is yet another question in the Pool of Queries for all of the regional admins, as well as Dave, so don't stress yourself with it. ^.^ But if judge sign up is going to happen soon, please let me know. I want to order my event tickets correctly this year.

And as a side note, if the campaign kicks off in two months, are we going to have at least a preview of the LFRCS soon? Just a taste? Ok, I'll shut up. *covers head and mrows*

Well Dave has put out the call for judges and that call included "Bring your friends!" So yes, judges will be needed. More info will most likely be on the RPGA website.
Sign In to post comments