Regions and PCs in LFR

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recently, I have noticed that many people are confused regarding the latest announcement of regional adventures and their level banding. As the most popular RPGA campaign, there appears to be a natural tendency to try to understand new LFR announcements as they relate to Living Greyhawk, that LFR will be some kind of Living Greyhawk version 2.

The regional system in LG encouraged people to play PCs dedicated to one particular region (their real world location). The vast, vast majority of us did that, sometimes because we couldn't play other regional adventures and sometimes for other reasons.

With LFR opening up regional play and allowing every player to freely play in every region, there are a few concessions that have to be made to allow for the greater play opportunities. A major one is that there will be less content per region. This will make it impossible to have one PC for each region, to effectively have 12 different PCs leveling simulataneously.

My thoughts for those stuck on the difference between LFR and LG regions to think of LFR regions the same as LG's metaregions.

I have suggested to many local players with this problem to assign their PCs to an arbitrary geographical 'metaregion' (for want of a better term). This allows them to retain the theme of tying a PC to an area of the world, while also allowing enough play opportunities to advance through the campaign.

My suggestions for those interested in this idea are:

PC 1: Dragon Coast, Tymanther, Cormyr, Dalelands
PC 2: Waterdeep, Luruar, Balder's Gate, Moonshae isles
PC 3: Aglarond, East Rift, Akanul, Impiltur

Cores can be played evenly across PCs or dedicated to one. Just a thought for those wanting their PCs to adventure only in a particular area. I know that's how I'll be doing it!

Joe
Joe Fitzgerald | joerpga[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au LFR Global Administrator
Joe,

That's a fantastic idea and I intend to do something very similar.

However, I do encourage people who pursue this idea to create their own "meta-region" groupings rather than use common ones. The primary reason for this is PC variance (I am making a big assumption about item access here). If the majority of players have one PC for a common set of regions, then there will be large chunks of PCs that have the same exact magic items (presumably) and/or favors, which is no fun at all!
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Great advice, Joe.

As I'm guessing some of my posts inspired your solution, let me clarify what's in my brain (a daunting task, but I'll try).

My concern isn't necessarily that characters will need to play "out of region". It's that they will be FORCED to do so at such a dangerous and formative time in their careers. Sorry, but it's hard for me, a lover of the story, to completely ignore the fact that my lowly Wizard, after scraping by to survive his initial forray into the LOCAL hazards, somehow manages to arrive unscathed to adventure in the next TOWN, much less in a land hundreds or thousands of miles away. Yet, by the designs of the campaign, players are expected to suspend their disbelief not once but many times through the course of character advancement.

Will it bother me that my Wizard, when 18th level, will be jaunting from Calimshan to the Dalelands then home to Waterdeep? Heck no! That's what high level casters are SUPPOSED to do! They're also supposed to keep their one or two hit dice behinds close to Mom's so they don't have to pay for robe washing on the weekends or full ink bottles, too.

I suppose my point is, I WANT regions to be more than just a convenient way for the RPGA to delegate workload. Regional atmosphere and a sense of belonging are a key ingredient for a well-rounded PC. Otherwise it's just a hasty pencil sketch of a character with no ties to his world, with the notable exception of the things he's gleefully running around hacking-and-slashing.

Heck, even those smelly MMORGs have more regional flare than that!

Larry

P.S. Do I expect to change anything with these posts? No. I am fully aware that the PTBs will do what they must and what they will. I am not even a cog in the machine yet. I do believe, however, that sitting here quietly without voicing concerns and sparking debate is akin to complaining about goverment then not voting.
Thanks Dave. That's a realistic concern, although probably not as much as you may think with the way item access may be set up.

Aerion, remember that the suspension of disbelief was really no different in LG with regard to region hopping.

I could easily play a Perrenland regional, then an Iuz metaregional set in Furyondy, then a Core set in the Pomarj and one in Tenh, then come back to Perrenland - all by 4th level! ;)

Joe
If the majority of players have one PC for a common set of regions, then there will be large chunks of PCs that have the same exact magic items (presumably) and/or favors, which is no fun at all!

Actually, having the same favors may work better in a scenario, since it breeds familiarity with plots, NPCs, locations, etc.
SO I think that would be a plus.
As to treasure... I wouldn't worry too much about that. The paladin half-elf is not likely to have the exact same items as the human wizard.

Btw, the metaregions proposed are similar to the one I use for my PCs, except that I stuff Dragon Coast, Tymanther with Akanul and East Rift because I can't adventure in Cormyr/Dalelands.

Btw, I think Akanul is closer to Dragon Coast than Tyrmanthyr, so you might wish to switch those around.
Aerion, remember that the suspension of disbelief was really no different in LG with regard to region hopping.

I could easily play a Perrenland regional, then an Iuz metaregional set in Furyondy, then a Core set in the Pomarj and one in Tenh, then come back to Perrenland - all by 4th level! ;)

Joe

Again, Joe, I agree. The sticking point with me isn't that such region hopping exists, as it very much did (does) in LG. It is the glaring fact that players are being FORCED, by campaign design (proposed), to engage in activities that, when you consider the severity of the setting, are downright assinine. At no time in LG did I have to go from an intro mod into playing 4 or 5 adventures out of region JUST so my PC could participate in the next part of the local storyline.

What has been proposed, as I have stated previously, sounds like nothing short of a tabletop version of putting a quarter in the slot and slogging through bad guys to reach the next level. No regards for plot or devotion to defending the homeland. No impetus for PCs to become attached to anything resembling a stomping ground. No sense of pride in making a name or establishing a reputation. I am confident the adventures will be well-rendered and the story lines will be amazing. I just don't know why a character born and raised in Waterdeep should give a rats backside about things afoot in the Dalelands when it sounds to me like there should be plenty of work outside the ol' front door. Do I WANT to play all the available mods? Heck yeah! I play the game to PLAY, afterall. I will, however, miss the sense of being part of a community (PC wise). I don't want my character to be pressed into a UN Peacekeeping force right out the gate.
Well, you can design your character to care (or at least to have an interest).
One thing I occasionally saw in LG where PCs who were coming 'why would I help the damsel in distress that cannot pay me a truckload of money'? Or: 'so, some poor guy is beaten up in an ally. why would I care?'. I really didn't like those type of PCs because they made me wonder why they adventured at all.
I had various LG characters, and all had reasons to adventure. In LFR, I will do the same, but take into account that she will need an excuse to travel. That excludes some region-focused PCs (of which I had a few in LG). That's a pity, but I will try to accommodate by making PC concepts that work in the setting.

Two major differences:
- all PCs will essentially be forced to do it
- this whole "points of light" thing makes it rather less credible than on the well-travelled roads of the Flaeness.
Points of Light is the generic setting for 4E.

It is not an idea that will necessarily be integrated into Forgotten Realms.

Don't forget, travel has to occur between cities and towns for basic commerce.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

While I cannot give lots of details as yet, the points of light concept is only somewhat applied in the Forgotten Realms. Many very bright points of light, with traffic between them, but a few points blinked out, (and a few new ones blinked in), and some of the spots, not well lit, got a bit more dangerous.

Trade definitely still exists, ships sail, caravans plod along, etc., etc. A few trade routes may have been altered, but for instance, there will be frequent shipping between Waterdeep, Moonshaes Isles and Baldur's Gate, I think. All healthy with sea trade. Probably land and river trade between Luruar and Waterdeep. Such existed before and likely still exists.

I have always considered high fantasy to be about the adventure and don't worry about the secondary details, whereas low fantasy is counting how long it takes you to walk from X to Y and how much your pack weighs, and what is the cost of your upkeep, etc. Tastes differ -- fine. My sense is that 4E is encouraging DMs to move in the direction of high fantasy if it makes for more fun, and LFR is moving (to some degree) in that direction.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
I think the main problem with the tarveling is not that a PC can't do it (though LG did not just stretched the idea of traveling between scenarios, but wrapped it around the world several times and oput a knot in it).
The main perceived threat is to regional flavor, more specifically, the ability of players to immerse them in it, since once they have played a Cormyran adventure, it will take then four levels until they return. I mean, I know players who won't even remember the adventure they playes last weekend, let alone have any recollection of NPCs, plots, or local flavor after four levels and several months of play.
I am sure many people won't care. But some will, and they may enjoy the campaign a little less because those are the thing (being in region, etc) that they like.

That said, I had a PC that immersed herself in her region yet played there only once. The solution where regional boards: give people a place where they can be 'IC' in their home town.
I don't know if these will be available in LFR, but it may be a solution.

Gomez
Exactly my point, and my fear.

In LFR (and possibly in 4E in general, though it remains to be proven. I'm basing this solely on Chris P's flippant comment that stopping to camp during an adventure made it "Grind to a halt" at the 4E unveiling at GenCon Indy last year) the nuts and bolts of daily adventuring life are being swept under the rug in favor of "ease of play" (i.e. "We don't want the DM to have to create anything other than combat encounters") and ease of organizing and presenting a global Living Campaign (i.e. "We don't want the wizards behind the curtain to get overly taxed by having to develop their regions. We're all just here to kill stuff and move on anyway, right?"). Do the characters need to sleep? SURE! But if it doesn't involve rolling dice, we don't need it, right? I mean, when you read a book, you just rush through all the inbetween stuff and cut right to the swordplay. Nobody actually READS stuff about the environment or the people in it, unless the environment is hazardous or said people are targets for a spell. Come on! It's a GAME! Put your quarter in and let's go! Imagine things like chatting around a campfire or carousing at your local inn on your own time. The monster generator is set on high, and those puppies are flooding out like crazy. Let's get to the killin!

Harsh? Maybe. But that's how strongly I fear the death of the story.
That is a rather different type of argument, really, and I don't believe that you are correct.
4th ed is very much more mechanics, but that is not too strange at the start of a new version (3rd ed had the same).
Authors for LFR are expected to hold back a bit on background trivia or detailed history, with the expectance that the DM should have the freedom (and inclination) to add these himself (with or without aid from old sourcebooks, DDI, or Candlekeep).
That doesn't mean we are expected to make dungeon crawls. At least, if we are expected to cut down on story or roleplay opportunities, 'The Prospect' and 'Blades for Daggerdale'' are likely going to fail miserably.... :P
D&D is a combat oriented game. It's how you earn (most) of the xp. But it is, imo, primarily a roleplaying game, and in the games written under my supervision (and I am sure under all other WDs), that won't be glossed over.
It is, in fact, because of this that missing out on regional flavor may be problematic. If every scenario is a dull dungeon, then what region you are in doesn't matter except for the critters you cut down. It is when there are NPCS to encounter, people and places to meet, and stories/plots to unravel that actually being in that region for more than that one adventure would pay off.
I share many of the same concerns...is there a point for PLAYERS to be divided into regions???

So far, it seems like the regions are just for administrative purposes, so why should the players care what region they're in? Especially if you can start a character in any region and play in any adventure in any region. If this is the case, why not just do away with the concept of regions to begin with?
Regions are done for administrative purposes, for the most part.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
The reason to have regions is that it is the easiest way to have various people make plotlines (and arrange having the scenarios for it written) without risking to break ones neck stumbling over the plotline of another.
I can play blissfully unaware in Silverymoon, feeling secure that my own intrigues in Harrowdale won't cause any mayor upheaval (well, not yet, anyway ).
Regions are the easiest way to make such separation.
That said, I think we should try our best to also make the regions interesting for players - other than making it the happened up-on location of dungeon crawl #24.

Gomez
The reason to have regions is that it is the easiest way to have various people make plotlines (and arrange having the scenarios for it written) without risking to break ones neck stumbling over the plotline of another.
I can play blissfully unaware in Silverymoon, feeling secure that my own intrigues in Harrowdale won't cause any mayor upheaval (well, not yet, anyway ).
Regions are the easiest way to make such separation.
That said, I think we should try our best to also make the regions interesting for players - other than making it the happened up-on location of dungeon crawl #24.

Gomez

I would like to make a proposal for in-region benefits. Instead of having a mechanical benefit for a character make it something special for the RPGA player. For example, Hss’ck ,a dragonborn from Tyrmanther, when the player uses him in a regional Tyrmanther game the player gets two RPGA reward points for participating in the adventure instead of one. No need to be greedy, we can leave the RPGA 4 points for specials. I have no idea how this would work using the RPGA computer reporting system, I believe it can be done by a programmer.
Remember, no matter where ever you go, there you are. --Shaundakul
I don't know that every player is being "forced" to region hop with the new system. It seems like it is more an issue for those of us going to GenCon or intending to play a many adventures straight off from the beginning with only one character in August.

For those playing multiple characters, waiting a few months to dive in to heavy play frequency or playing more casually, very few border crossings should be necessary. It's just a matter of waiting for the module Library to get built up and allowing the campaign to spool up to speed.

I do lament that the regional feel of LG will be reduced but, I believe the aforementioned personal meta-regions and more nomadic character backgrounds and concepts could embrace the new ways until there are more adventures and the character can better settle down in an area for a bit.
I don't know that every player is being "forced" to region hop with the new system.

We are all "forced", to some extent. If only 1 level 1-4 band adventure per region comes out each year, it could easily be 8 years before a character that the player restricts to one region can play any adventure beyond that band. Some region hopping is required to have a character advance, unless a lot more adventures in the lowest band are released than seems likely. The cores and adventures from all 12 regions are available for local play anywhere, so advancement is possible with some region hopping by the PC (the player can stay home), but not with none.
It is too early to speculate on this, because a complete list of what is available to play in LFR has not been released. It is true that if you ONLY play in one region's "regional adventures," and never take advantage of ANY other types of adventures (core, adaptable, or other types of adventures that might be released or introduced), then your play is going to be limited. However, there are going to tons of opportunities that have yet to be revealed, so it is to soon to say for sure that a PC is going to HAVE to play in multiple regions. A PC may have to, but that is not certain yet, to me at least.

Shawn
LFR Admin
I have to say that for Roleplay purposes, I do like the idea of their being some sort of benefit for a PC being in his or her home region. Whether its a slight mechanical edge, or extra RPGA points, etc., is not necessarily important. I just think that if there were some sort of an incentive to playing within your region, it would help build up not only the flavor and feel of the region, but also a sense of connection for the PC to that region.

If a PC spends much of his career adventuring in the Waterdeep region, he will no doubt feel a greater sense of urgency or loss when a recurring NPC is threatened in that region. The PC that has never been to Waterdeep before though, will no doubt want to rescue said NPC (for Metagame purposes if nothing else) but there would not be the same feeling of loss if an important NPC or organization were to meet its end.
Maybe I missed something but how are players being 'forced' to region hop in order to play? I've heard each region is putting out 5 or 6 mods a year, plus the cores. In LG, regions were limited to 8 mods a year so that's only 2 or 3 mods more a year. Has somebody said somewhere that they are only putting out one mod a year for each region that is for levels 1-4? I cannot believe that would be the case. So given they put out 5 or 6 mods a year and assume that you should be able to play a PC through them, where is the forcing coming in? Now if you mean that if you want to play every weekend, then yes you will have to region hop. But I would think in that case, you'd also outgrow the mod levels quickly and hafta have mutliple characters.
Maybe I missed something but how are players being 'forced' to region hop in order to play? I've heard each region is putting out 5 or 6 mods a year, plus the cores. In LG, regions were limited to 8 mods a year so that's only 2 or 3 mods more a year. Has somebody said somewhere that they are only putting out one mod a year for each region that is for levels 1-4? I cannot believe that would be the case. So given they put out 5 or 6 mods a year and assume that you should be able to play a PC through them, where is the forcing coming in? Now if you mean that if you want to play every weekend, then yes you will have to region hop. But I would think in that case, you'd also outgrow the mod levels quickly and hafta have mutliple characters.

Just as an FYI - regions are putting out 4 modules a year with an optional 5th bonus module if they get their other 4 in on time.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com

The worry some people have is that the first adventures in each region have a level range of 1-4, while the second adventures have a level range of 4-7. Therefore some people are worried that if you only want to play in your region and nothing else, you cannot do so, since you cannot get to 4th level playing only one adventure. But until the full schedule of events is released, this may or may not be true. "Only playing in your region" may not be the same as "only playing regional adventures," for instance.

As I've said earlier, the campaign is going to offer more play opportunities than just those mentioned so far. There are going to be many play opportunities, and a wide variety of play opportunities. People may have to alter their expectations a bit on what a Living campaign is or is not, and some people's fondest desires on what LFR should be may not be met, but no one is going to be able to say that there aren't enough chances to play LFR games and be taken seriously.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
Nothing I have seen indicates that adventures can be expected that occur in a region other vthan redional adventures or adapted adventures, nor that may low level adapted adventures can be expected in any given region in the next few years. There is no reason to expect to be able to get a character to 4th level without him leaving his region in less than several years, if the WotC imposed level bands of 1-4, 4-7, etc. continue. 17 level 1-4 rounds for 2008 have been announced (1 for each reagion, 3 cores, and a 2 round core special), with no indication that any other low band adventure will be coming before 2009 (the second wave of regional adventures would appear all to be in the level 4-7 band). Thus, there are sufficient adventures to get a PC or two to level 4 and the second band of adventures, but only one of those adventures could be from his home region.

This isn't mere speculation; if follows from what has been announced.
The worry some people have is that the first adventures in each region have a level range of 1-4, while the second adventures have a level range of 4-7. Therefore some people are worried that if you only want to play in your region and nothing else, you cannot do so, since you cannot get to 4th level playing only one adventure. But until the full schedule of events is released, this may or may not be true. "Only playing in your region" may not be the same as "only playing regional adventures," for instance.

As I've said earlier, the campaign is going to offer more play opportunities than just those mentioned so far. There are going to be many play opportunities, and a wide variety of play opportunities. People may have to alter their expectations a bit on what a Living campaign is or is not, and some people's fondest desires on what LFR should be may not be met, but no one is going to be able to say that there aren't enough chances to play LFR games and be taken seriously.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin

Nothing I have seen indicates [snip]

Yes, this is exactly my point. Just because the only things that have been announced are regional adventure, "core" adventures, and special adventures does not mean those are the only things that will be released. Those are just all that have been announced.
Yes, this is exactly my point. Just because the only things that have been announced are regional adventure, "core" adventures, and special adventures does not mean those are the only things that will be released. Those are just all that have been announced.

Thus, they are a reasonable basis for conclusions. Can you state, with any certainty, that a PC from an arbitrary region will have several additional in-region play opportunities before 2009? If the opportunities won't exist, my conclusion is correct.
As far as I'm concerned, there are two things you have to suspend your disbelief of to fully enjoy a region-based Living campaign:

1) Linear flow of time. You will sometimes have to play sequential modules out of order. Live with it.

2) PC in-world travel. Your PC will flit from corner to corner of the game world, in little to no time. Live with it.

If either of these really bother you, you're probably going to enjoy a home-game (or one of the D&D campaigns) a lot more than a Living campaign.

Big Mike
Thus, they are a reasonable basis for conclusions. Can you state, with any certainty, that a PC from an arbitrary region will have several additional in-region play opportunities before 2009? If the opportunities won't exist, my conclusion is correct.

I can neither confirm nor deny anything, including my own existence. And I never said such speculation was unreasonable based on current information. I'm just saying it might be wrong. :D
If either of these really bother you, you're probably going to enjoy a home-game (or one of the D&D campaigns) a lot more than a Living campaign.

Otoh, if it bothers enough people, the Living Campaign fails in being a campaign for everyone. So I feel it is a legitimate concern.
Now, we may be able to do something about it, or we may not - I expect it is all about resources, and ther is only so much. But even if we don't that doens't mean we shouldn't try, and it certainly doesn't mean we (the admins) shouldn't take other people's concerns serious.

Gomez
Now, we may be able to do something about it, or we may not - I expect it is all about resources, and ther is only so much. But even if we don't that doens't mean we shouldn't try, and it certainly doesn't mean we (the admins) shouldn't take other people's concerns serious.

Gomez

Of course we should (and do) take it seriously.

Using the Living Greyhawk example, in the leadup to last year's GenCon Indy the type of concerns registered on these boards were largely ones of specific item or feat access, bad rules items, adventures or missed deadlines.

When the announcement came down that the campaign would be ending, the type of concern changed to the issue of its demise. Suddenly all the people decrying the minutae of LG were desperately rallying for its continuation.

The thing is, the amount of complaints didn't really change all that much, just the content. It is really an issue of perspective. ;)

As with all things in life, there is a trade-off when trying to appeal to everyone - sometimes they want mutually exclusive things.

Joe
Otoh, if it bothers enough people, the Living Campaign fails in being a campaign for everyone. So I feel it is a legitimate concern.

Gomez

Thank you. Personally, I don't expect to play alot each year, and don't mind my PCs adventuring all over the place, but I know that there are many who want to identify their PCs with particular regions, want to play alot and rapidly advance their PCS, and have trouble suspending disbelieve re the PCs trvling great distances between adventures. It's good to hear that admins will try to address the issue. (Some posts have given the impression that they weren't acknowledging that it is a valid issue for present concern.)
Without official word, everything is speculation. But let's run with that. Going on the logical that the first series of mods are for levels 1-4, and that the second set is for levels 4-7. Logically if you keep moving that forward so the third set is levels 7-10. The fourth set is 10-13. So by the end of the year, the campaign should already be in the paragon stage. By end of 2nd year, it would be in epic. And by end of 3rd, PCs would be capped out.

Now, if this was a campaign that had a limited lifespan i.e. Mark of Heroes, Green Regent, etc, I would expect this. But LFR is supposed to be an ongoing campaign like LG was. So I would not expect that kind of rapid progression. I can see the second round of mods being for levels 1-7 with planners accounting for players who want to play all the mods but I cannot see them limiting it to force players to do so. That places artificial limits on a campaign and stunts further growth of new players.

In the end, I guess we'll all just have to wait until after June 6th when campaign admins can openly discuss everything.
I like the idea of a reward for adventuring within the character's home region.

Extra rewards points might be a programming nightmare, but what about an extra campaign card in the stack when a character is participating in an adventure in his home region?

Just throwing out a suggestion. Feel free to run with it! ;)

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac
Total Confusion www.totalcon.com
LFR Calimshan Writing Director
LFR Epic Writing Director

LFR Myth Drannor Writing Director

The campaign is starting mid-year. I have the impression that there will only be two quarters, and sets of quartly adventures, in 2008.There may be new 1-4 band adventures in 2009, so it may be sometime in 2009 when the first 10-13 band (or 11-14 band, if tiers are separated) adventures are released.
Without official word, everything is speculation. But let's run with that. Going on the logical that the first series of mods are for levels 1-4, and that the second set is for levels 4-7. Logically if you keep moving that forward so the third set is levels 7-10. The fourth set is 10-13. So by the end of the year, the campaign should already be in the paragon stage. By end of 2nd year, it would be in epic. And by end of 3rd, PCs would be capped out.

I like the idea of a reward for adventuring within the character's home region.

Extra rewards points might be a programming nightmare, but what about an extra campaign card in the stack when a character is participating in an adventure in his home region?

Just throwing out a suggestion. Feel free to run with it! ;)

How about a 5-10% XP bump per home region mod that you play?
In the end, I guess we'll all just have to wait until after June 6th when campaign admins can openly discuss everything.

Hmmm...we need to reset expectations (about what is everything) a bit.

June 6th is the release of the 4E D&D rule books (PHB, DMG, and MM) so at that point, our NDAs on the 4E rules are moot.

However, it is not the release date for the FRCS or the FRPG or the LFR campaign standards...so our NDAs are still applicable on said topics, except as information is approved for release. :-(

As we approach the campaign launch at Gencon, more information will be released, but I don't know that everything there will be to know about LFR (such as more cool stuff to be in the campaign) will be released, even by Gencon.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
So... you can't comment on the campaign or the Realms until the FR Player's Guide is released in September?
A month after the campaign starts.

Ohhh... those first few adventures are going to be awkward.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

So... you can't comment on the campaign or the Realms until the FR Player's Guide is released in September?
A month after the campaign starts.

Ohhh... those first few adventures are going to be awkward.

You are misrepresenting Keith's statement.

LFR Admins cannot comment on specific elements of the new Forgotten Realms until the retail release of the associated books.

This means we can talk about the Campaign Guide in August and any new rules items, races etc. in September when the Player's Guide is released.

Both of these books are seperate to the Living Forgotten Realms RPGA campaign... we can talk plenty about that - when the Campaign Standards come out! ;)

Joe Fitzgerald
Event Manager
Dragon Coast
When can we get a list of adaptables?

I'm worried that if I run/play Keep on the Shadowdale (sp?) now and it is later coverted to an adaptable, I'll lose my chance to play it in the LFR RPGA campaign.

Sidney
Keep on the Shadowfell will not be adapted for play in the LFR campaign. Play it and enjoy!

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
Sign In to post comments