Reward cards question:Zhentarim Infiltration

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok if this was asked under another thread or Community board then I am sorry. I didn't see it.

Now on to the question.

The standard is 1 card per person per 3 HD. Now what I want to know about is the new Reward Card of Zhentarim Infiltration.

Can a table of 6 each have that card in each of their stacks?
It doesn't say you can't.

I ask this because if you have the above situation then it will be a very silly RolePlaying session for one person will tell the Potter about the weather and the other 5 people will then do the same.

Wouldn't that raise some eyebrows back at the Zhentarim that all of the sudden that 6 people want in as a group?

What about the last task you have to defeat an agent, so all 6 people defeat the agent at the same time and they all spare his life?

Also when you finish the Tasks ,do you still need to carry this card in your stack until the special mission?
James Playing D&D since the Red Box of '83.
All of these questions will be dealt with in the LFR campaign documentation, as well as in the adventures that have encounters which fulfill the tasks on the card.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
Zhentarim Infultration is a Heroic Tier Quest that means even if you get mission access right a way your still going to have to wait a loooong time before you can actually plat it because I belive Heroic starts at APL 20.
Zhentarim Infultration is a Heroic Tier Quest that means even if you get mission access right a way your still going to have to wait a loooong time before you can actually plat it because I belive Heroic starts at APL 20.

The heroic tier is levels 1-10. 11-20 is paragon and 21-30 is epic tier.
All of these questions will be dealt with in the LFR campaign documentation, as well as in the adventures that have encounters which fulfill the tasks on the card.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin

I know that in quoting your post, I shouldn't be asking this question - I should be waiting for the campaign documentation as you stated - but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway in hopes that you can pre-emptively put my concerns at ease.

If I as a player am trying to fulfill this quest for a particular PC - how do I know which modules I have to play to meet all of the requirements? What if I play one of the key modules with a different character? Will I end up missing the opportunity to complete the quest? Will module blurbs have hints in them for PCs trying to fulfill a particular quest?
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
The requirements can be fullfilled in several adventures, so I don't think the chances of you missing all opportunities with the right character are too big. Having said that, the campaign rules might ammend your fears in other regards as well, but for that you have to wait.

Pieter
LFR Global Administrator
Will everyone playing the special mission need to have the Quest Card?

I see one of two things happening if so:
- hardly anyone plays it because they can't get tables together*
-fortunately there will be plenty of alternative games to play
- the requirement gets widely ignored in homegames (and quite possibly at conventions too)

..or it may be an outstanding success; but I'm not optimistic.

* I suppose some people may buy the cards (certainly possible for subsequent Quests if the mission is very good [one way or another]).

EDIT: come to think of it there's no requirement that you own the card to use it so if there are enough oportunities groups could pass these cards round (but they are still more likely to simply pretent they have extra cards imo)
I think everyone will have to have the card. However, once you are done with the card (or temporarily), not to say you cannot loan or give the card to another gamer; you won't be required to hang on for the rest of your unnatural life to an no longer usable card. :P Specific rules will be in the campaign standards.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
Quests seem like an interesting idea but Reward Cards strike me as a terrible way to implement them.
Making it a generic card that anyone can take as part of their 'stack' would be a huge improvement imo though I'd rather have the quest start in an adventure and be an AR item.
Quests seem like an interesting idea but Reward Cards strike me as a terrible way to implement them.
Making it a generic card that anyone can take as part of their 'stack' would be a huge improvement imo though I'd rather have the quest start in an adventure and be an AR item.

There are those as well... (although not for access to unique adventures, but more for minor extra rewards in existing adventures)
Incidentally is the Quest special adventure going to be notably different from other adventures (once you get to the point you are sat round the table)?

Obviously it will have its own story but I hope you see what I mean... will the 'AR' have special stuff? will the encoutners be special in some other way?
- if you have a choice of this module or some other module will there be anythign particular to recommend this one?; aside I suppose from relatively few other people playing it.

OK that was rather rambling but I hope you see what I mean ..and I bet you don't have an answer ;)
It will be the MOST AMAZING THING EVER(tm). [Insert descriptions of angels singing, cold beer, throngs of cheering fans, or whatever else gets your juices flowing.]

Or not.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
It healed my leprosy and cured my impotence! And look, now I can walk again!! Okay, I still spend most of the day in front of the computer, but I could walk now if I wanted to!

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

Yeah! ..but doesn't that describe all your modules?
What about the last task you have to defeat an agent, so all 6 people defeat the agent at the same time and they all spare his life?

Well, let's be honest, it will take all six people at the table to spare this guys life. There have been many folks who have had in mod missions that got nixed by the actions of the guy at the table who roleplays his character that he a) doesn't take prisoners, b) destroys all mcguffins because such powerful magic shouldn't be in the hands of anyone, or c) just 'cause.

Lord knows I sat at a regional mod where I need the cooperation of my party to get a nomination to become a King's magical advisor. There were three other people at the table actively working against me "Just 'cause I don't trust me no wizard." I only got out of it with my nomination intact through some wiley thinking on my part. Still lost the overall vote for the position, but I'll pride myself on knowing I mage dueled the winner and had him on the ropes. I was one grapple check (Evard's) away from beating him. Bad time to role a 5 compared to his 18. Not bad for a 11th level Sor/War Weaver facing a 15th level Wizzy.
If the reward cards have such an impact on the game, it should be granted that evrerybody gets it´s fair share. Until now it has been like: All people are equal, but some are more equal. Again, I did not get any reward cards this time while others got staples of it.
Last time the players in my reagon only got at least some cards, though pretty useless, after the intervention of someone who has become an admin for forgotten realms by now.
If the distribution of the cards goes on like this, it will easily result in maximum annoyance on the players side.
Card distrubution is based on the amount of official registered RPGA play. So it is a reward for playing a lot of RPGA games. Now, if you don't get any cards and are sure you played enough to get one or more you should check whether you have registered yourself as wanting to get them. If that is the case you should contact customer service to see what is going wrong. I have heard of several people that somehow could not register on-line and had to arrange it at a convention or via customer services.
Well, as they already sent me cards home last time, when this guy I was talking about managed to get our region the cards and I did play a lot...it should not be a problem getting cards. And about customer service "cough....cough". This will probably just be wasted time. Thank´s though for trying to help.
Well, as they already sent me cards home last time, when this guy I was talking about managed to get our region the cards and I did play a lot...it should not be a problem getting cards. And about customer service "cough....cough". This will probably just be wasted time. Thank´s though for trying to help.

I just contacted Customer Service regarding my receipt of too few Campaign Cards. I received quick correspondence confirming my concern and that they would take steps to correct it on the next mailing. Whether or not they follow through is a different matter, but I did get a quick response.
John du Bois Living Forgotten Realms Writing Director, Netheril story area Follow me on The Twitter: @JohnduBois Follow my presence on The Intertubes: johncdubois.wordpress.com
Well, let's be honest, it will take all six people at the table to spare this guys life. There have been many folks who have had in mod missions that got nixed by the actions of the guy at the table who roleplays his character that he a) doesn't take prisoners, b) destroys all mcguffins because such powerful magic shouldn't be in the hands of anyone, or c) just 'cause.

Lord knows I sat at a regional mod where I need the cooperation of my party to get a nomination to become a King's magical advisor. There were three other people at the table actively working against me "Just 'cause I don't trust me no wizard." I only got out of it with my nomination intact through some wiley thinking on my part. Still lost the overall vote for the position, but I'll pride myself on knowing I mage dueled the winner and had him on the ropes. I was one grapple check (Evard's) away from beating him. Bad time to role a 5 compared to his 18. Not bad for a 11th level Sor/War Weaver facing a 15th level Wizzy.

Be glad you didnt duel me my young son. That PC also should be glad they didnt duel me. But it's quite alright. All things come in time to those who wait
8)
-Pot Stirrer. -Because I can. Co-Author Neth 3-3 Seek and Destroy. (Now with 10% more diplomacy!) Author ELTU 4-3 Minutes to Midnight (Waiting on Release) ABSO 4-2. (I really am working on this I promise!)