Is Ed Greenwood's New/Old Realm Open for Play

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just listened to the new podcast about the 4th editions Realms and I am wondering if the area that Ed Greenwood worked on is going to be open for play in the LFR. This could be an excellent area for adventures to be only played at Cons. Rich Baker gave only a hint about the area but a Dragon Empire would definitly be a fun place to adventure in.
That would be the "alternate" world. Turns out Abir-Toril is two separate worlds, Abir and Toril. And all the adventuring and all the past setting information occurs on one world.

Because the Forgotten Realms wasn't large enough already.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

I just listened to the new podcast about the 4th editions Realms and I am wondering if the area that Ed Greenwood worked on is going to be open for play in the LFR. This could be an excellent area for adventures to be only played at Cons. Rich Baker gave only a hint about the area but a Dragon Empire would definitly be a fun place to adventure in.

I can't expand on that area beyond what was mentioned in the podcast. I believe they said it was a separate continent. None of the LFR assigned regions are "over there" but I suppose it is possible that a LFR core or special adventure might go there. Basically we don't have a definitely yes or no to your question at the moment.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep