H series modules as adaptables?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm wanting to play the H1-H3 modules as a "let's learn to play 4e" home campaign.

I was wondering if there was any chance of these adventures becoming adaptable for LFR? I would hate to read and run the game only to miss out on the chance to get LFR credit for it later.
The LFR staff will always be looking to adapt WotC published adventures for the campaign. It will not always be possible, however, depending on the nature and scope of the published adventure. Each adventure will be evaluated, then decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis with Chris Tulach having the final say.

Shawn
LFR - Global Admin
IMHO... don't do it mate. They'll probably become adapteds, especially as I think they're technically set in Faerun (or have no warforged in 'em, for instance)
I think it would be good for the campaign staff to decide and announce that the first H series will not be adapted, but that perhaps the future Forgotten Realms specific adventures may be. If there's any thought that the stuff might be adapted, then players will avoid playing it until later, where the point of H1 at least is to get in the swing of 4th edition early. At least, that's my thought.
It is very likely that the H-/P-/E-series of adventures will be playable through the RPGA for Rewards. It is less likely that they'll be adapted for LFR. There will be FR adventures, and those will likely be adapted.

Chris Tulach

D&D Program Manager

Wizards of the Coast  

Chris on Twitter

Glad to hear it I'm looking forward to getting my game started as soon as we receive the H series. (I also love the thought we can get RPGA rewards for it.)
Where does this stand? I am planning some Game Days at the library I work at am planning on running the H series. But this could change if the are adapted. When might there be some information regarding this. I don't mind if they are adapted or not I just need to know for scheduling and reporting.
H1 will not be adapted for play in the LFR campaign. It will probably be playable for RPGA Player Reward Points, but that is far outside of my area of control.

Shawn
I have read that much. I guess my question is when might it be posted as playable for RPGA points? Now that it is officially released and available for all I figure it should be added as playable soon.
I have read that much. I guess my question is when might it be posted as playable for RPGA points? Now that it is officially released and available for all I figure it should be added as playable soon.

That is the part that is outside my area of control.

You can try asking in the General RPGA forum, or email customer support and see if they can find an answer.

Shawn
Aren't all D&D games (including the one you made up as you went along) reportable for RPGA points?

..they certainly used to be.
Well, yes. Any D&D (or Star Wars) game can be reported as a "Home Game," and so you can receive points for it.

However, sometimes "off-the-shelf" adventures are put into the ordering system especially for reporting. This often includes extra rewards points.
Exactly... I have re-posted my question to the "General Discussions" area.
A group in Portland, OR just started playing Keep on Shadowfell. Fun, though very low on the RP and skill opportunities. An ok mod, which is less than one would hope for as a start.

I understand this will not be adapted. However, it would be nice to know where this town of Winterhaven, Fellcrest, and Nentir Vale all are located in FR. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I understand this will not be adapted. However, it would be nice to know where this town of Winterhaven, Fellcrest, and Nentir Vale all are located in FR. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

The closest thing you are probably going to find to an answer is in this thread:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1027657

Just to clear up potential confusion, the linked thread above talks about adapting H1 for the Forgotten Realms, NOT adapting it for the LFR campaign.

Shawn
LFR Global Admin