Convention Adventure Release Dates

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
While I realize that adventures will be written in the coming months for GenCon and beyond, do we have any indication when the written adventures will be available to the Convention Community?

Adventures for conventions are typically available immediatly following the premier, from a major con, while Game Days and Home play adventures must wait the customary 45 days. The RPGA website self manages this process when you list your event.

I ask this question as I'm planning a small, 25+ table convention in September and was wondering if it was reasonable to expect that the LFR adventures (at least some) would be available in September. I'd prefer tho know this info sooner than later as planning a Con requires some effort and upfront $$ for the location.

Thanks very much.

Rob
I think the same pattern of release for cons, gamedays/retail, and home play will follow. Planning for a con in September should have rich pickings. Depending upon when in September, you should have from 5-15 adventures to choose from.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
Anyone have any idea of dates/times games are planned for GenCon Indy? I am looking specifically for 4E and RPGA games but everytime I check to see what is available to sign up for it does not show anything. I am considering going but need to know if what I want will be available. Any help would be appreciated.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." A child of 5 could understand this, someone bring me a child of 5.
Anyone have any idea of dates/times games are planned for GenCon Indy? I am looking specifically for 4E and RPGA games but everytime I check to see what is available to sign up for it does not show anything. I am considering going but need to know if what I want will be available. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't been paying close attention (not going to GenCon this year), but, at least in past years, this would be way too early for the event schedule to be out. IIRC, they usually do event registration in May, and they usually release the event schedule a few days before event registration goes live.

Edit: just found at http://registration.gencon.com/indy/index.cgi that event registration is supposed to start on April 20th.

Based on what RPGA would do for LG in past years, I'd imagine that there'll be several different LFR modules, and that each module will be running in most (if not every) slot. For the past few years, they've run 3 slots per day, a 8-12:30 (or so) slot, a 1-5:30 (or so) slot, and a 7-11:30 (or so) slot, plus the Midnight Madness slot (though I don't know if they're doing that this year, since that was traditionally used to let people run LG modules from their home regions).
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Thanks for the information that helps greatly.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. "Abandon all hope ye who enter here." A child of 5 could understand this, someone bring me a child of 5.
If I remember correctly, Chris Tulach mentioned at D&D XP that there will be 3 "core" LFR adventures, 4 regional LFR adventures and an LFR special at GenCon Indy.

Claire
Co-Writing Director North Central (Waterdeep)
If I remember correctly, Chris Tulach mentioned at D&D XP that there will be 3 "core" LFR adventures, 4 regional LFR adventures and an LFR special at GenCon Indy.

Claire
Co-Writing Director North Central (Waterdeep)

and the LFR special being planned as a 2-round event. So that right there is almost the entire show of LFR if you want to go that route.
I was wondering if there will be any LFR at DragonCon? It will be held two weeks after GenCon, is that enough time to have any of the GenCon mods ready for other conventions?

James
I don't see why Dragoncon couldn't have the Gencon modules, and perhaps 1-2 modules which are after Gencon. I am not certain how the initial release schedule will be laid out, but if you figure that we will need to release 8 more regional adventures starting immediately after Gencon and by the end of September, I am estimating the two more regional adventures might be available.

The rules governing the distribution of the specials will have to be announced.

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep