Regional Websites

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm having some problems tracking down all the regional websites for the various regions - 8 of them seem to have some sort of semi-official/official website already.

Does anyone know where the following websites might be found?

Canada=Akanul (returned Abeir place)
Latin America=Baldur’s Gate
UK/Ireland/South Africa=Luruar (Silverymoon)
Southern Europe/Turkey= Impiltur
Well at present there isn't a website that I'm aware of for Luruar.

Kithran
Luruar POC
A crucial part of LR, at least to me, is that anyone from any region can play any other region's mods - which means in order to ensure steady play, any given area needs to find people willing to eat the mods outside of the region.

Ideally, that involves 12 people in that area. I've started a website for NYC - hopefully, I can make all the LFR mods available have no shortage of judges right after release in my area without requiring me to eat more than 4-5 mods a year.

That to me is one of the most exciting parts of LR - that done properly, everyone sacrifices just a little bit for a lot of gaming. As opposed to LG, where you lose significant regional play opportunity if you do that. But people need to know how to find each other to pull this off...and a website existing now lets one find those people willing to help out.
I'm having some problems tracking down all the regional websites for the various regions - 8 of them seem to have some sort of semi-official/official website already.

Latin America=Baldur’s Gate
UK/Ireland/South Africa=Luruar (Silverymoon)
Southern Europe/Turkey= Impiltur

In the near future you can find info about BG at:

www.baldursgate.com and www.rpgarautos.com.br

Stand by.
In the near future you can find info about BG at:

www.baldursgate.com and www.rpgarautos.com.br

Stand by.

Cool! I have brazilian RPG fans pals. ^^ gotta pass the words around.
We don't have one yet. We don't really have any information to give out at this time, so it isn't worth putting one up. Although, we do want to get information out to people when we can. We might start up a mailing list or something in a month or two.

Chris Wachal
POC - Akanul (Canada)

At this point, there is a web presence at Akanûl
We don't have one yet. We don't really have any information to give out at this time, so it isn't worth putting one up. Although, we do want to get information out to people when we can. We might start up a mailing list or something in a month or two.

Chris Wachal
POC - Akanul (Canada)

This is pretty much my worst fear and reason for being uneasy over Canada's regions...
I can just picture the blank website and it's FAQ

Q: What's Akanul like?
A: It's a rough region of canyons and cliffs with floating motes of rock hovering the sky, formed in the devastated and warped lands between Chessenta and Chondath.

Q: Cool, how big are the motes? Any cities on them?
A: We don't know.

Q: What's the capital? How heavily populated is it?

Q: Well, I heard there's, like, gesani there. Is this true?
A: Oh, yes. Gesani from all over the Realms have flocked to their new home, but those from Abeir remain the most common.

Q: So is the majority of the populace gesani, or just a very large minority?

Q: What about the humans of Chessenta? Did they all die when the bit of Abir manifested there or were they transported to the mirror world? Or do they still live in the ruins of their former home?

Q: What do we know?
A: Canada's been blessed with an open land we can make our own and can do anything with and have complete creative control over.

Q: So when can we start creating?
A: Once we're told what it's like.

Q: What is the air speed velocity of an unladed swallow?
A: African of Eurpean?
We don't know.
:D
Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: 
What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

This is pretty much my worst fear and reason for being uneasy over Canada's regions...
I can just picture the blank website and it's FAQ :D

Just remember that there is a huge difference between having no information to give out and not having any information at all. ;)

Joe
Joe Fitzgerald | joerpga[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au LFR Global Administrator
At this point, there is a web presence at Akanûl

Great! Thanks!
*shrugs* In time, it will be fleshened.... Plus, I am sure WOTC have stuff already wrote to give.
For Impiltur, from a not-an-official-person-at-all in Turkey:

I've been talking to several people in Turkey and some have mentioned that they have the bandwidth to handle a regional website for Impiltur.

OTOH, I've always been talking to 'some people'. I've been to cons and written on forums in Turkey and phoned and e-mailed and ran games for a lot of people, but what I have to show for it is quite nebulous. We have increased RPGA activity, there are new Herald GMs here, more cons have LG (and soon LFR) on them, and at least one person I know of already sent an application form to fill in the Events Manager position, and 3 others are waiting to hear from Chris Tulach/Pieter Sleijpen/Alex Sabitzer to send an application form for the writing directorship. But that's it.

40% of that is because I do not have the time to properly promote RPGA, and others here are just starting to promote it. 20% is due to the fact that most Turkish players I've met do not want to finish a normal mod under 7 hours. They feel that their RP is being cut short otherwise. It is easy to fit a 4 hr game in one session, but a 7 hr game needs 2 sessions, and the number of people willing or able to play decreases exponentially with the number of sessions. 20% of the reason is due to the fact that our present admins (Chris/Pieter/Alex) are probably too busy with forming up the campaign to answer anything sent their way. I've written to each a few times in the past month or so with --understandably-- no response (I did get one response from Mr. Sabitzer, our PoC, early on). And 20% is due to the RPGA staff being probably too busy to respond to new membership card requests that I've been making for the past 6 months(yes I've read the stickied post at the RPGA board).

That's how things stand on the Turkey side of Impiltur. Although I can say this: As is evident from the fact that we've started criticising the RPGA and the admins and staff, we're on our way to form a 'normal' living campaign community. :P

Baris
Well..
In Sounthern Eu. we will have some difficulties to forge a unity but a start is a start indeed..
A website would be perfect and the question is:Will WotC let us to code a webpage or will they code an official one..I would prefer an official one also not giving more chance flying dragons out of my window nowadays 'cause they are busy as much as liches..First of all we need the results of regional manager positions..than we will talk more

much more..

until than we will observe
[snip]
And 20% is due to the RPGA staff being probably too busy to respond to new membership card requests that I've been making for the past 6 months(yes I've read the stickied post at the RPGA board).

That's how things stand on the Turkey side of Impiltur. Although I can say this: As is evident from the fact that we've started criticising the RPGA and the admins and staff, we're on our way to form a 'normal' living campaign community. :P

Baris

Hi Baris,

if you let me know how many membership cards you need and send me your address (easiest way to get it to me is to send it to onnwal (at) kithran (dot) org) I should be able to help. I've a meeting with the WotC Organised Play Manager for UK on thursday and someone I work with is due to head to Turkey a few days after so he should be able to post them on to you.

Kithran

LG Onnwal POC
LFR Luruar (UK / Ireland / South Africa) POC
Hi Baris,

if you let me know how many membership cards you need and send me your address (easiest way to get it to me is to send it to onnwal (at) kithran (dot) org) I should be able to help. I've a meeting with the WotC Organised Play Manager for UK on thursday and someone I work with is due to head to Turkey a few days after so he should be able to post them on to you.

Kithran

LG Onnwal POC
LFR Luruar (UK / Ireland / South Africa) POC

Great! I'll e-mail you with the details, thanks a lot!

Baris