League FAQ

What is a League?
Leagues are much like tournaments that run over a period of weeks instead of hours. When you play league matches, you earn points that affect your rank in the league. However, wins and losses in a league won't affect your official Magic Online ratings.

Each league runs for a minimum of four weeks, though some leagues may run shorter (Release leagues in particular). Each week, participants can play up to five matches that count towards their league rating.

If you don't play all your matches during a week, those matches are added on to the total you can play for league points in the next week. For example, if you only play two matches during a week, the next week you may play eight for league points (5 matches for the new week + 3 matches not played in the previous week). This also means that, if you join a league sometime other than during the first week, you can make up the matches you could've played for league points. For example, if you join a league that's in its third week, you may play up to fifteen matches for league points in the week you joined (5 matches for the first week + 5 matches for the second week + 5 matches for the current week).

You may play more matches than you have available that count towards your league total, but the results of those matches count only towards your tiebreaker points.

Each match is best two-out-of-three games, with a 90-minute time limit.

Why do I always get the same rares in my leagues?
All cards come from a print run. This run serves a few purposes.
1. It ensures that an equal number of rares hit the system.
2. It keeps sealed in check so no one opens 3 Birds of Paradise, while the next person cracks 3 Okk's
For a little more in depth look, please check this post: http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=8726217&postcount=6

How do I join a league?
After obtaining your product (usually through the MTGO store), navigate to the Leagues room.
1. Make sure you are in "Expert Mode"
2. Click the "Home" button on the left side of the screen.
3. Click the "Leagues" button. (Upper left of the middle buttons)
4. Sort the league's by week (you might have to scroll the spreadsheet view)
5. Select a league with less than 256 players, in the week you want to join. (Usually week 1, but you may want to join an already running league sometime).
6. Click the "Go to" button. (Bottom Right)
7. Click the "Join" button. (Bottom Right)

What do I need to join the league?
Product + Event Tickets (Tix).

For base set you'll need
1. 5 boosters of Nth edition
2. 2 tix

For fully released sets (i.e. Chk + Bok + Sok) you'll need
1. Main set (Chk) tournament pack
2. 1 booster of Bok
3. 1 booster of Sok
4. 2 tix

For a non fully released set (i.e. Ravnica + Guildpact) you'll need
1. Main set (Rav) tournament pack
2. 2 boosters of Guildpact
3. 2 tix

How do I add cards to my league card pool?
NOTE: Adding cards in a league is optional.
In 4 week leagues (non release league) you add boosters through the league deck builder screen. You will need the appropriate unopened product to add to your pool.

For base set you'll need
Week 2: 1 booster of Nth edition
Week 3: 1 booster of Nth edition
Week 4: 1 booster of Nth edition

For fully released sets (i.e. Chk + Bok + Sok) you should need
Week 2: 1 booster of the base set (Chk)
Week 3: 1 booster of the 2nd set (Bok)
Week 4: 1 booster of the 3rd set (Sok)

Week 2: 1 booster of the base set (Rav)
Week 3: 1 booster of the 2nd set (Gpt)
Week 4: 1 booster of the 2nd set (Gpt)

**HOWEVER** CBS leagues currently have a glitch that only allows you to add Sok and Bok boosters during weeks 2, 3, and 4 (Sok, Bok, Sok instead of Chk, Bok, Sok)

1. Main set (Rav) tournament pack
2. 2 boosters of Guildpact
3. 2 tix

How are leagues games rated?
How you earn points in a league is one of the main differences between leagues and tournaments. For your first five matches per week, you get 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 1 point for a loss. You can't play the same opponent twice in the same week. In any league that awards prizes, you can only play against a particular opponent in matches that count towards your league points twice per league.

You can play more than five matches a week to earn tiebreaker points. Tiebreaker points are what make a the difference between two players with the same number of league points. Matches after the first five award 2 tiebreaker points for a win, 0 tiebreaker points for a draw, and -1 tiebreaker point for a loss.***

At the end of the league, players are awarded prizes based on their league rating.

Can I go negative in tie breaker points?
Currently, no. If you have a deck idea you want to test, doing so after your points matches is the best time to do so.

How do I play a League match?
You can use the My Leagues window to select the league you want to play a match for and then click Play. You can also go to the Leagues room, select the league you want to play a match for, then click Go To. Once you're in the room, click Play.

The Waiting for Players screen will open with your avatar at the table. Within a few minutes, if another eligible player is available, you'll paired with him or her for a match.

Can I play other games with my League Cards?
Yes! Cards from your league can be used in any other aspect in MTGO.

Can I trade my League Cards?
No. The system protects you from completely hosing your sealed pool by trading league cards away. They won't even show up when people view your binder. However, once the league is finished, cards become normally tradable and will show up in your binder.

Can I drop from a League early?
No. The current league system does not allow you to drop from the league.

How can I practice alone with my deck?
1. While in the league deck editor, save the deck to any directory.
2. Navigate to one of the casual rooms (New Players/Casual/Anything Goes)
3. Click on the "New Game" button.
4. Change "Standard" to "Freeform" (2nd from the bottom) in the game type drop down
5. Change "1 on 1" to "Solataire" in the players drop down
6. Change "Single game" to "Best 2 of 3" in the rounds drop down.
7. Finally navigate to your deck in the final box.

How can I practice against others with my deck?
1. While in the league deck editor, save the deck to any directory.
2. Navigate to one of the casual rooms (New Players/Casual/Anything Goes)
3. Click on the "New Game" button.
4. Change "Standard" to "Freeform" (2nd from the bottom) in the game type drop down
5. Type in "Rav league deck testing, 40 card league decks only!" into the Game Description box
6. Change "Single game" to "Best 2 of 3" in the rounds drop down.
7. Finally navigate to your deck file in the final box.

How can I tell what place I'm in?
When you're in your league room toggle between the Spreadsheet View and the Graphic View by:
1. If you see tables of players playing, click the little Spreadsheet icon on the top right of the client
2. Find your name

If you see a list of players, points, etc... you're already in the Spreadsheet View, and now just need to find your name.

What are Sharks/Campers?
Sharks or Campers are usually good players with really good decks that are building a great deal of tiebreaker points. They often "Camp" in the room waiting for the random player to try to get their games in.

Can I avoid Sharks/Campers?
Possibly. If you play on the "Pack day" there are often more players playing, which should increase your odds of getting a normal opponent.
Also, you can add the top players of the league to your buddies list ("/addbuddy player", without the quotes) and see if they're logged in and not playing elsewhere.

Lastly, it is often advantageous to play against sharks during tiebreaker matches, as it will count as one of the times you can play against them. Also, playing against better players is the best way to get better as a player.

How do league prizes work?
Prizes go from 1st to 128th as follows:
1st = 27 packs
2nd = 21 packs
3rd = 15 packs
4th = 15 packs
5th - 8th = 9
9th - 16th = 6
17th - 32nd = 3
33rd - 64th = 2
65th - 128th = 1
129-256 (nothing)

I'm tied with someone what place do I get?
If you're tied with another player(s), you are both rated at the lowest number. For example if you and 2 other people are tied for 6th, the league standings will show: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th ... 128th

Why is my league still going?
Matches can be started until the league end time is reached. If a match started before the end time runs past the end time, the league will remain open until the last match finishes, and the standings are recalculated.

How many times can I play against the same player?
As far as I know, twice per league. Once for points, and once as a tiebreaker (for either of you).

I just clicked "play" and got immediately matched against one of the top players, why?
The system tries to match tiebreaker to tiebreaker, counting match to counting match. However, this is not always possible. When a tiebreaker player has been waiting for 5 minutes, the system will automatically match them against anyone in the queue.

Can I save my league matches to replay them later?
Yes!

1. After you are done playing a game (or two or three), logout of the client (either exit the client or just logout).
2. Navigate to your MTGO directory (Generally "C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\Magic Online")
3. Copy and rename your mygames.hamtastic.dat* to something else**.
4. Start MTGO again
5. Login
6. Delete the new mygames.hamtastic.dat*
7. Rename your old, copied .dat file back to mygames.hamtastic.dat*
8. Replay!

How do I post my card pool for members to help?
Follow the instructions in the following thread for a tool that can scrub the data in to a forums post.
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=691647

What's happened to Kamigawa and Mirage Leagues?

They have been cancelled due to low turnout. There have been murmurs about running one last 'Farewell' Kamigawa event right before Time Spiral is released, but it hasn't been confirmed as of yet. As for the Mirage leagues, the next ones will most likely be when Weatherlight is released and completes the block. Current ETA is December 2007

-------------------------------------

*This is based upon my name, replace with yours.
**I currently try to rename them to something specific like: badLeagueRunwk2GPT.mygames.hamtastic.dat
***Based on the assumption that joining a game just to draw isn't supported, if anyone has evidence/counter-evidence, please post!
MTGO SVCL - Ask me for help if you're lost or confused!
Good FAQ

On a note about 'sharks'
This is a two-edged sword. You won't get better playing 'average' players. The problem with that is you lose points. Try to get all your games in as soon as you join a league and whenever the boosters are added. And play the 'sharks' later in the week for your tie-breaker points...
You might want to note a few things I find to be worth knowing tha tyou missed:
At least for now, you can't go below 0 tiebreaker points, so your TB games are risk-free until you win one. Great time to experiment with deck ideas you were scared to try in counting matches.

in 4-week (non-release) leagues you can generally add a booster (which you must have, unopened, in your collection) to your deck every week. This is done from a button in your Edit Deck window, and is not mandatory, though it can help make your deck better.

Prize breakpoints are powers of two: i.e., top 8, 16, 32, 64, 128.

If players are tied after tiebreak, they both count as the lower place in the standings.

If a game is ongoing at the expiration of the league, the league will wait for the game to end before ending, and the results count in the standings.
All good things, I'll add them into the FAQ shortly.
Why do I always get the same rares in my leagues?
All cards come from a print run. This run serves a few purposes.
1. It ensures that an equal number of rares hit the system.
2. It keeps sealed in check so no one opens 3 Birds of Paradise, while the next person cracks 3 Okk's

What does this mean?
I´m just playing my second Rav league and i´ve got the same rares as last time (all crap).
Is this no accident?!
Since your post didn't seem sarcastic, I'll answer it seriously.

At first glance the probabiliy of getting the same rares in 2 leageus seems impossible, it's really actually quite easy to have happen.

MTGO utilizes the same rare run as paper MTG. (There are rare run threads in the Magic Online General forums). These rare runs are constant, which means that for example* all 5 leylines are next to each other on the print run. If you start your pool on the first leyline, you will always get the next ones in order.

Also, the system is opening ALL boosters in this fashion. Let's say I open 4 packs of ravnica, I'll get rares 1,2,3,4 in the run. The next person opens 3 packs of Ravnica, and gets 5,6,7. Then you open your rares for your league and get 8,9,10.

This process circles the run over and over and over and over until your next league, which just so happens, to land you on rare #8 again.

*this is speculated currently, but the rare run hasn't been full finished
ty for explaining,
but without meaning to be sarcastic, i still have some probs understanding.

my understanding so far:

the system opens booster in a special order, in a numberd row.
if i open lets say 5 booster at the same time, i get 5 rares starting with an accidental number (the system is at that number at this moment) of the rare run.

the system chooses the rare the moment the booster is opened, not the moment it is sold.

so what happens, if i open just one booster, wait 5 min, then open the second?
(Doesn´t work in league, where you open f. e. 5 booster 9e at the same time.)
But what about additional booster in weeks 2,3,4?

thankful for any help.
ty for explaining,
but without meaning to be sarcastic, i still have some probs understanding.

my understanding so far:

the system opens booster in a special order, in a numberd row.
if i open lets say 5 booster at the same time, i get 5 rares starting with an accidental number (the system is at that number at this moment) of the rare run.

the system chooses the rare the moment the booster is opened, not the moment it is sold.

so what happens, if i open just one booster, wait 5 min, then open the second?
(Doesn´t work in league, where you open f. e. 5 booster 9e at the same time.)
But what about additional booster in weeks 2,3,4?

thankful for any help.

You're welcome, I just wasn't quite sure since it's quite difficult to tell if someone is sincere or sarcastic over the internet.

In the case of opening 1 at a time, you just get the rare that would be next in line based on where the server is in the run.
As far as I know, twice per league. Once for points, and once as a tiebreaker (for either of you).

Is this true? I thought you could play each player once each week.

I seem to recall getting "sharked" by the same player in multiple weeks.

Maybe it's just my memory.
Is this true? I thought you could play each player once each week.

I seem to recall getting "sharked" by the same player in multiple weeks.

Maybe it's just my memory.

As far as I know, it's the truth. But you could be matched up against him for points twice. One time would have to be him playing for tie breakers, the second him and you playing for points.

That was how I saw it explained some time ago (if the search worked, I'd use that).

Hrm... I learn something new each day. :P

To make sure I understand, this means that...

If in week 1, after playing 5 counting games, a player plays all the sharks for tie-breaks (who will by then also be playing for tie-breaks).

Then in weeks 2-4, that player will never ever have to play a shark again as long as he/she plays after the sharks have gotten all their points game in (because the sharks will then be playing for tie-breaks - which they have already done with said player?)

Is that right?
Yep, that's the way I understand it. I've only ever played the same person twice (that I can recall). However, that's only based on anecdotal evidence from myself and other league goers, and we have no hard proof either way.
[i][b]
Can I trade my League Cards?
No. The system protects you from completely hosing your sealed pool by trading league cards away. They won't even show up when people view your binder.

Will I be able to use my league card pool for constructed decks or trade after the league is over?
Will I be able to use my league card pool for constructed decks or trade after the league is over?

Yes, and Yes. You can use them to play in any constructed deck. And as soon as the league ends, they are available to trade.
Very helpful FAQ, thanks man!

Does the payout stay the same depending on how many players join the league?

Or does it depend on how many join; more boosters the more players, etc.
Very helpful FAQ, thanks man!

Does the payout stay the same depending on how many players join the league?

Or does it depend on how many join; more boosters the more players, etc.

Yay!! I'm glad it's been useful!

Payout is always the same, which makes for some easy packs in under played sets (like CHK and Mirage right now). The leagues haven't even been filling halfway, so all you have to do is join, and you get 1 pack*. I believe there is a limit of players needed , (I *think* it's 32 before it will start, I'll see if I can find out), so if the league is running, it will always pay out the same amount of boosters.

Which makes your cost per pack ~3.50 (8 packs * 3.69 + 2$)/9 packs total
That number is based on 8 packs, but a tourney pack is about equivalent to 3 packs, for number of cards.

If you get to 64th, the ppp (price per pack) drops to about $3.15.

Not great, but hey, it's a little bit of a discount.

All numbers are based on MSRP, no VAT, not extra taxes.
does the print runs depend on when the booster is bought or is it determined when you open the pack? in other words can i buy a pack once a week and on the 5th week join a league and get a different rare due to print runs? i have noticed that most people i play have very similar cards but the sharks always have different cards. i tested the booster theory once in 8th and did notice a big difference in cards opened. (i traded a few bosters with some one else that had purchased his weeks prior, packs had different pictures on them) any one else seen this? one last thing, the last 3 leagues i have entered i have been really unlucky with my cards and couldnt win any games in 10 played. i stopped buying boosters due to this. does anyone know of a good sight on some basic deck building tips that i might be able to use? (i wonder if its me and not the cards.)

thanks for all the good tips here by the way!

Michelob
1. Print run: the booster is determined when you open it. Whatever the date of purchase is.

2. Deckbuilding tips: there are some good guys here helping deck building. Try to post your pool and your deck and ask for criticism... they should come and give you good insight on deckbuilding.
Some basics: 16/18 lands (17 in core set is usual, 16 + a signet in Rav is usual), 15-18 creatures, as much removal as possible. Try to play a 2 colour deck whenever possible, if 3 colours, try to make 1 colour a splash (no more than 3 cards avoiding creatures but including crads you would be happy to draw late game). Of course there are many exceptions to these rules (Ravnica being a clear exception for the 2 colour deck advice), but hopefully that helps get started.
Updated FAQ with how to save game replays.
If Player1 plays 20 games in week 1, 20 in week 2 and 0 in week 3, he will appear in the ranking with 40 games played.
Player2 with 13, 13 and 14 games in week 1, 2 and 3 also appears with 40 games played.
But Player1 will still have 10 games counting towards the (primary, not tie-breaker) ranking points, whereas Player2 only has 5 such games.

Is there a way to find out, how many matches counting to the primary ranking a player has played?

(Hope you understand my complicated question
(Hope you understand my complicated question

I do!
No way to be sure of these things IMO. Only his TB count can give you a small idea... Or take a screenshot of the standings at end of each week ;)
I get the question, and as gabotirio stated, it's kind of fuzzy to figure out how many games an individual has played.

Based on games played in the current week, games played total, points and tie breaker points you can get a rough estimate. For example:

Week 3, player has played no games this week. Has 20 points and 10 tiebreakers, and has played 15 games total. Means that he has gone undefeated in 10 points games, and 5 tiebreakers(somewhere in those 2 weeks).

Week 3, player has played no games this week. Has 18 points and 10 tiebreakers, and has played 15 games total. Means that he went 8-2 in his 10 point games, and undefeated in 5 tiebreakers(somewhere in those 2 weeks).

Week 3, player has played no games this week. Has 15 points and no tiebreakers, and has played 10 games total. He's gone 5-5 somewhere in the first two weeks.

Week 3, player has played no games this week. Has 15 points and 10 tiebreakers, and has played 50 games total. He's gone 5-5 somewhere in the first two weeks in counting matches and played a ton of tiebreakers, where he's broken less than even in matches.

If your opp has played this week all of the matches he's played are displayed to the right, and you can figure out where this weeks points have come from and should be able to figure pretty closely to where they are in their games played.
I just realized, that I don't know the meaning of "# recent matches".

Is this the number of matches in the current week,
or the number of matches since the last "shut-down and re-start" of the mtgo-server (normally on thursdays)?
AFAIK, recent matches = matches from the current week. I hadn't even thought about the restart of the servers. From what I recal seeing, it seems to refresh on the league pack day, not always on Thursdays. But I'll keep an eye out on my next league.
I played one opponent three times in my last league. All were TBs for both of us. It was a "small" league, only 110 players at the end and fewer in earlier weeks.

Nice FAQ! Thanks, Hamtastic.

LotF
Great to hear, I've updated the FAQ accordingly, thanks for the info!
Thx for the good thread,

it helped me a lot!

Still got one question. You said that the league cards are not tradeable.

Is that also the case after the league is over?

Thx for a reply.
Still got one question. You said that the league cards are not tradeable.

Is that also the case after the league is over?

League cards become tradeable as soon as the league is over. This is only to prevent you to trade them before the event is finished, because you still need them to play in this event.
Hi, I've a question concerning the points.

for example, I play 5 games on the 1 st week and all lose then my points should be 5 right?

let's say I play the sixth game and lose, will my score be deducted by 1 and became 4 points?

another one is I didn't play in the 1 st week and I'll need to play 10 games on the second week, right?

let's say I play the first 5 games and all lose again, then I again got 5 marks. But I'll need to play 5 more also as I didn't play a single game in the first week. What happens if the 5 games were lose, will my marks became 0?
Each games played after the fifth in the same week will only give you tiebreaker points. If you win, you will receive 2 tiebreaker points. If you lose, you will be deducted 1 tiebreaker point.

Example: You play 5 games in the first week and lose all of them. The you play 2 more games, win the first and lose the second. Your score will then be 5,1 where 5 is your regular score and 1 is your tiebreaker score.

If you play less than 5 games in a week, your remaining counting games will be moved to the following week(s).

Example: In the first week, you play 3 games and win them all. Your score is 6. In the second week, you play 6 games, win 3 and lose 3. Your score will be 15. In the third week, you first play 6 games, win 3 and lose 3. Your score is then 24. Then, you play 4 more games in the third week and win them all. Your score after the third week is now 24,8.

Am I helping, or just confusing you?
Hi, I've a question concerning the points.

for example, I play 5 games on the 1 st week and all lose then my points should be 5 right?

Yep, 1 point for each counting game loss.
let's say I play the sixth game and lose, will my score be deducted by 1 and became 4 points?

Nope. You have two sets of points. We'll call them main points and Tiebreaking points. You've hit your Main Points quota, 5 games in 1 week. You're now into your Tiebreaker points, and they start from 0 in the beginning of the league and accumulate throughout the weeks. You gain 2 points for a win, and lose one tiebreaker point for a loss. You currently cannot go below 0 tiebreaker points.

another one is I didn't play in the 1 st week and I'll need to play 10 games on the second week, right?

Well, you don't *need* to play 10 games that week, but you do have 10 counting games that are in your quota. So the next 10 games you play will be Main Points matches, and anything after them will be Tiebreaker points

let's say I play the first 5 games and all lose again, then I again got 5 marks. But I'll need to play 5 more also as I didn't play a single game in the first week. What happens if the 5 games were lose, will my marks became 0?

I think what you're going for here is if you have 10 Main games to play and lose the first 5? Then lose the next 5? If that's the question then the league counts them all as 10 Main Points matches, and you will never decrease main points after you get them. Meaing that your main points will always increase whenever you play a Main Points game. (+2 for winning, +1 for losing)

Tieebreaker points can go up and down but nver below 0.
Some Qs I'd like to know:

When (day/time) can league players add the optional new packs every week?
Will the game prompt you for that?

(edited out a stupid Q...)
Thanks Cliff & hamtastic, I've got it.
Some Qs I'd like to know:

When (day/time) can league players add the optional new packs every week?
Will the game prompt you for that?

(edited out a stupid Q...)

You get the option to add a new pack each week, from the exact time the league started. So, for example, if your league started Wed at 9:02 am, you'd get the option to add another pack each Wed, at 9:02 for the next 3 weeks.

The system doesn't prompt you to add the packs, you have to go to the deck editor windo for your league, and there will be an "add booster" button that will allow you to add a booster to your league pool.

Great questions!
Hi there,

just a short question. It was stated that prizes are received from 1th to 128th. Now, is that also true if your league is not having the full range of players? (256)

I'm currently on 65th (what a pitty ^^) and we have 219 players on board...what does that mean for me?

Thanks for an answer!
Hi there,

just a short question. It was stated that prizes are received from 1th to 128th. Now, is that also true if your league is not having the full range of players? (256)

I'm currently on 65th (what a pitty ^^) and we have 219 players on board...what does that mean for me?

Thanks for an answer!

The prizes are the same regardless of the number of players (this is true for Premier Events as well). If a league has less than 128 players, all of them will get at least 1 pack.
The prizes are the same regardless of the number of players (this is true for Premier Events as well). If a league has less than 128 players, all of them will get at least 1 pack.

Thx for the bad news ;)
I have another question about leagues and especially about adding boosters. Here it goes:
When I enter a league, for example in the last week, will I get to play 20 games for league points with all my 8 boosters (5 initial plus the 3 added for every week)?

If that is true (which I think it is, for it would be a hell of a job in terms of coding to make it otherwise) isn't that a bit unfair? I mean the people who started playing from 5 boosters, certainly didn't have as many cards to choose from as the players who started to play in the final week.

I do see how it gets a bit evened by the fact that the other players may have more time and opportunity to play for TB but even then it 'unbalances' the league system (which in my opinion isn't that strong anyway ) quite a bit...

Or am I missing something?
It's actually quite fair, because in week 1, everyone is playing with 5 boosters of cards vs 5 boosters of cards. Week 2 it's 6 vs 6 and so on through week 4. (Although you don't have to add boosters, usually people do)

All that waiting until week 4 does is give you the whole pool of 8 packs to choose your cards from, and build all at once. The others who have played every week still get 8 boosters of cards, just that they've been slowly building up to the week 4 deck. That is why sometimes it's best to wait until weeks 3 and 4 to play your games, if you have a decent framework to a deck but are missing some key spells, (like finishers or removal) it's often best to wait a week or two to see if it improves.
Maybe I am just complaining that leagues are unfair because I am such a sore loser... :D

(ah well.. it's not nice to be defeated by jet [CARD=blaze]another fiery, hot piece of firework[/CARD], just when I finally 'mulliganed' my way into a winning hand).

But seriously, I understand from your answer that the leagues do work as indicated. So, starting to play in week 3/4 - and playing the 20 league games for points with all the boosters - can have quite an impact on strategy as opposed to playing it from week 1.

As you indicate it could be wise to try and score as many points and TB when still in the first week if you manage to construct a solid deck then... your competitors will only get better! And you're right when stating that it could be wiser to let a weak deck gain some weight until week 3 to get some of those nice removers...

Thanks again for your advice: you're F(H)amtastic! (this has just become my entry for the lamest joke ever to be made on a magic online forum.. woohoo )
Hi Folks,

I have a question about how I should proceed with regards to adding cards to my collections via leagues.

I'm currently playing my second league in 9th...and I suck.. think I have a good pool but screwed due to mana and stupid mistakes...still learning a lot.

Now here is my question:

with regards to constructed games (longterm) in which league should I participate?

1. Staying in 9th
2. Fully released sets (i.e. Chk + Bok + Sok)
3. Non fully released set (i.e. Ravnica + Guildpact)

I want to add cards to my pool via league to have the opportunity to play against decks on the same level, to improve card pool and playing skill.

Tournaments are not good for me because of time lack.

Would drafting be an alternative? How long does a draft usually takes?
Sign In to post comments