Marauder Homebrew

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

What you think about this bad boy?

Play a Scout using your favourite hit and run tactics!

I thought this forum already had this, but if not; here's my version of it.

Replace Dual Weapon Strike with Maurauder Strike

Marauder Strike                                                         

At-Will · Free Action                                                                                             

You follow a successful throw with a lunge of steel.

Keywords: Martial, Weapon

Trigger: You hit with a ranged basic attack using a thrown weapon on your turn.

Effect:  Move up to your speed.

Attack: Dexterity vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage (main-hand)

Special: You can only use this power once per round.

In addition to Flashing Blade Mastery and Spinning Axe Mastery you can now choose the Hit and Run Mastery:

You gain +1 bonus to speed and can draw a weapon as a free action once per round.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.

Marauder Strike                                                         

At-Will · Free Action                                                                                             

Trigger: You hit an enemy with a ranged basic attack using a thrown weapon on your turn.

Effect:  Move up to your speed and make the following attack against -see target line-:

Target:  The triggering enemy or An enemy other than the triggering enemy (eh)

Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage (main-hand)

It's Throw and Stab (or Throw and Throw), but way better.

Bolded is my changes and stuff. Word it however makes it work right

I made a ranged version of the Scout, and a Thrown Weapon Hunter here:

Stalker

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-41L0WdqjDFYU9FMFNHWTFJSE0/edit?usp=sharing

Hurler

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-41L0WdqjDFQUtEOTRkeVd1Z1E/edit?usp=sharing

Edit:  Those may not be the most up to date versions, but you get the idea.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Marauder Strike                                                         

At-Will · Minor Action                                                                                             

Trigger: You hit an enemy with a ranged basic attack using a thrown weapon on your turn.

Effect:  Move up to your speed and make the following melee attack against target:

Target:  The triggering enemy or Any enemy other than the triggering enemy

Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage (main-hand)(against triggering enemy only),  1[W] (Main-hand) against any other target.

Oh, didn't even notice the (Main-hand) thing.  Scrap that.  Who cares.  If it must stay, it goes in the Attack line. 

Good catch with the melee attack in the Effect Line.  Though I think removing that restriction would be really fun to play (and fun to optimize.  Some Deft Hurler/Cleave shenanigans, if possible, would be neat)

Not sure how I feel about making it a Minor Action.  Though I guess you're trading it for a Move action.  Since it is just a Scout, giving it chances to make more Minor action attacks (Sohei, Ranger E-powers) helps it keep up with O-class Strikers.

mattador666 wrote:

Oh, didn't even notice the (Main-hand) thing.  Scrap that.  Who cares.  If it must stay, it goes in the Attack line. 

Good catch with the melee attack in the Effect Line.  Though I think removing that restriction would be really fun to play (and fun to optimize.  Some Deft Hurler/Cleave shenanigans, if possible, would be neat)

Not sure how I feel about making it a Minor Action.  Though I guess you're trading it for a Move action.  Since it is just a Scout, giving it chances to make more Minor action attacks (Sohei, Ranger E-powers) helps it keep up with O-class Strikers.

This attack does complement the class well, and combined with, say, Glorious victory, is quite nice.  Making it a minor action does what you've described and also prevents its use with, say, an opportunity attack or whatever else is out there. Its already gold, this just makes it Sky Blue if you understand my parlance.

Good point, didn't consider OAs and such.  I got the charop color ratings.