Is This 'Final Boss' Too Hard?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

First Campaign I ever made myself, and we play with a lot of new guys. Even I'm pretty new to dnd. Just to clerify, I play with 3.5.

So we're at level 7-8 and my Players are moving along. But I'm working on the final boss of our campaign. Mainly because this is a story driven campaign. And before you get into railroading, the players actually want to hear the story and hate sections where they dont have some sort of objective.

Anyway, moving on, I'm writing up my final boss and I need to make sure that this homebrew boss isn't Insanely difficult.

Here is his char sheets for his diffrent forms:

Giant Mech Form:

Gilgamesh Mark I.pdf

Smaller Mecha and Pilot (This form Ejects from the first form after it's defeated. The Only way to attack the pilot is to break the glass which has an AC of 15 and a total HP of 50.) If the players disable the stasis mech by reducing its HP to zero, he cannot move without the use of PSI powers.

Stasis Mech.pdf

Gilgamesh.pdf

And then after that, it gets even better. If the players bring the Pilot down to 1  hp or lower. He gains DR of 999/-- and is unbeatable until a certain event happens. now i would think that this would take maybe a turn after some hints, but lets say im wanting them to have at least 10 rounds after this happens. 

I'm wondering if this is too hard, not if it's unfair. So let me know what you guys think. Also we have a Rogue/Psion, a Ranger, a Fighter/Psychic Warrior, a Monk, and a wizard.

You may want to look into d20 Modern/Future which has rules for mecha combat. It may help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a world just around the corner of your mind, where reality is an intruder and dreams come true.

You may escape into it at will. You need no secret password, no magic wand or Aladdin's lamp;

only your own imagination and curiosity about things that never were.

Chirp wrote:

You may want to look into d20 Modern/Future which has rules for mecha combat. It may help.

I did... I based it's attacks on those stats on some of the weapons.

GingerJack wrote:

First Campaign I ever made myself, and we play with a lot of new guys. Even I'm pretty new to dnd. Just to clerify, I play with 3.5.

So we're at level 7-8 and my Players are moving along. But I'm working on the final boss of our campaign. Mainly because this is a story driven campaign. And before you get into railroading, the players actually want to hear the story and hate sections where they dont have some sort of objective.

Anyway, moving on, I'm writing up my final boss and I need to make sure that this homebrew boss isn't Insanely difficult.

Here is his char sheets for his diffrent forms:

Giant Mech Form:

Gilgamesh Mark I.pdf

Smaller Mecha and Pilot (This form Ejects from the first form after it's defeated. The Only way to attack the pilot is to break the glass which has an AC of 15 and a total HP of 50.) If the players disable the stasis mech by reducing its HP to zero, he cannot move without the use of PSI powers.

Stasis Mech.pdf

Gilgamesh.pdf

And then after that, it gets even better. If the players bring the Pilot down to 1  hp or lower. He gains DR of 999/-- and is unbeatable until a certain event happens. now i would think that this would take maybe a turn after some hints, but lets say im wanting them to have at least 10 rounds after this happens. 

I'm wondering if this is too hard, not if it's unfair. So let me know what you guys think. Also we have a Rogue/Psion, a Ranger, a Fighter/Psychic Warrior, a Monk, and a wizard.

I am sorry but this doesn't seem to have anything to do with D&D 4e.  This is a D&D 4e homebrew forum.  I would lover to help you out, but I have no idea where to start, it doesn't follow any of the conventions of 4e monsters.  They are very simple to make and balance, so if you want to make a 4e version of this I am sure the community can help you out.