ASKING FOR ANOTHER P.E.A.C.H. ON MORE SEKOLA WORLD SETTINGS' MATERIAL.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm asking for a P.E.A.C.H. on the material below and I'm also open for suggestions too.

(There's more information that can be found in this draft and work in progress I will make public for short time where this link is taking you to:

http://community.wizards.com/content/blog/818301

Please forgive the little squares on the page but the pictures at that forum haven't been functioning properly since the new look came and happened at this site yet if you want to see the the pictures you will them here with more information and notes related to the picture written under them about the SeKola's World's:

http://community.wizards.com/content/media-gallery/579436

F.Y.I.: The picture's with its thousand words sum is clearer to grasp in understanding life in the SeKola's mortal realm than the guide's draft. )

I'm also asking is "Is the direction I'm heading in with the strong implication toward the highly sensitive nature of this world setings' energies with non-Martial Class weilder is a good idea if I only address this under the settings' feats' options?."

Below are few feats and a backgorund feature (so you can get a general idea about the feat's prerequsiites) that I'm looking for the SeKola Player's Guide or do you think these are little too much or should I start looking at other directions to add to these settings' ideas for feat s and backgrond instead of only adding the benefits of the world's natures I'm bringing to 4E DnD's play. Even though I know I will have to adress the more Martial Power possibilities eventually; would you believe I have no ideas on what I should add under that catagory that isn't covered already by 4E DnD material and yes, I'm open to suggestions about this subject, too.

BACKGROUND OPTIONS::

Emerging Generation:
Since birth like many others born in the SeKola world you was atoned to the exceesive energies of the continental region you was in yet your natural ability to manipulate this energy had a profound effect on your bodily state and your general state of being:
Benefits: Choose an Natural Affinity racial type and your racial origin is considered the type for the chosen Natural Affinity type for the pupose of prerequisites and requiremnets of that racial origin type but unless your racial origin type is unchange after your your choice; you will loses all of your previous racial's origin's benefits and will no longer be considered a mmebr of that race origin. If your racial  doesn't change you still  gain all benefits and bonuses of your chosen Natural Affinity racial type.

(All skill bonuses for backgounds are determined by chosen The Natural Affinity Racial Type.)

==========================================================
SEKOLA'S FEATS

Natural Affinity Feat:
Prerequisite: Either of the SeKola's Generation or Native Sekola backgrounds or having one level 1 non-martial class at-will attacks with training in the Insight skill and in one of the Intelligence Abilities' category skill.

Benefits: You are considered an Aspect of the Sekola Affinity Nature's for the purpose of qualifying for prerequisite and benefits meant for Aspects of  the SeKola's Affinity Nature's members. You gain the Power Affinity Ability:

Once per round and only during your turn as a minor action you may activate then trigger SeKola's Affinity Nature's Power Affinity Ability and after your turn ends after actiavting without triggeering the bonuses you must spend another minor action to reactivate it. All bonuses grant by this ability becomes feat bonuses instead of racial bonuses with none of the attacks and damages rolls' bonuses capable of been stack with any other feat bonuses.

{The Power Affinity Abilities' Benefits: Once per round as a free action when either starting an action or ending a turn choose to activate one of the following:
Focus: If your next attack roll you make shares a power keyword with your Affinity Nature type that attack roll gains a +1 stackable racial bonus (Paragon = +2 ; Epic = +3)
Surge: If the next damage roll you make shares a power keyword with your Affinity Nature type that damage roll gains a +2 racial bonus (Paragon = +4 ; Epic = +6) }

Prime Collector:
Prerequisite:
You either a member of the SeKola's Generation or The Native Sekola backgrounds or you have one level 1 non-martial class at-will attacks with the training in the Arcane skill and one skill in the Charisma Abilities' category skill.
Benefits: Pick either the Ritual Casting feat or Alchemist feat; and with the Wizard's Spellbook Feature you gain the feat you picked.

Prime Resarcher;
Prerequisite:
Either of the SeKola's Generation or Native Sekola backgrounds or having one level 1 martial class at-will attacks with training in the Diplomacy skill and one skill in the Wisdom Abilities' category skill.
Benefits: For the purpose of only multiclassing into any of the Arcane, or te Primal, or the  Psionic classes you gain the Bard's Multiclass Versality feature You also qualifies as a  member of  the Arcane, Psionic and Primal class  for any prerequisite for feats, themes, and items.

Reflective Affinity:
Prerequisite: Natural Affinity Feat or the Emerging Generation background.
Benefits:
Once per round when you deal extra damage as a result of class feature or either an item's properties or item's power, as long as the damage type dealt is the same type of your chosen affinity nature you may as no action choose to add to that damage any bonuses you generally would able to use if that damage was made by either a basic attack, ca lass power or a feat power (ie: A Level 4 Avenger class character with an Emergng Generation background and The Brighten Affinity Origin type having the Radiant Power feat can deal with the +2 feat bonus tol radiant damage an additional amount of damage equaling to half that Avenger character Highest Ability Score's modifier when the Radiant Power feat bonuses is triggered.)

Selfless Monster
Prerequisite
: ~~Natural Affinity Feat Or Any of Seloka's Generation/Native backgrounds
Benefits: Once per Encounter: As a free action you may spend one healing surge but instead of regaining hitpoints; you gain a power charge and before the end of your next turn if choose to acquired another power charge you must spend two healing surges and use a minor action then for a third power charge you must spend three healing surges with another minor action and then after this you must spend four healing surges with a standard action for a fourth power charge and then on with only standard actions; you may spend five healing surges for a fifth power charge or six healing surges for a sixth and so on at this rate. Also during this same duration anytime you use a power or an attack that shares either a keyword type or a damage type with your affinity nature type: if your Focus's is activated your attack roll(s) gains a +1 racial bonus for each power charge you are  holding (Level 11 -20 character = +2 per power charge  Level 21 or hiher character = +3 per power charge) or if your Surge's is activated your damage roll(s) gains a +1d4 racial bonus for each power charge you are holding (Level 11 to 20=2d4 damage per power charge. Level 21 or higher=3d4 damage per power charge.) You also gains +1 per power charge you holding feat bonus that does stacks to saving throws against a power effect that  shares either a keyword type or a damage type with your affinity nature type.

PARAGON PATH FEATS:

Aura Of Confidence
Prerequisite: Level 11, Brighten's Affinity Nature and any Divine Class.
Benefit:
When you use a Channel Divinty power with either the radiant keyword or dealing radiant damage, until the end of your next turn; each ally within 5 squares of you gains regeneration either equaling to their Constitution modifer+2  or a minimium equaling 3 (If character is of the Epic Level then minnium becomes Equaling 5). If you use a healing power while adjacent to any ally under this regeneration effect that ally while having this effect regenaration active can't lose consciousness and if this ally hitpoints drops below 1 then at the end of that turn the hitspoints dropped below 1; the hitspoints becomes the regeneration value or becomes 1.
Special: This effect never can caused an unconscious ally to gain conscious even if the regeneration caused the ally's hitpoints to move above 0 and while unconscious with more than 0 hitpoints that ally can't die from a failed third death saving throw as well as unless there's another means to gain hitpoints that ally must remained unconscious until either a successful death saviing throw is made or until the end of the encounter.

ALSO THANK YOU..

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve here, I'm rather confused honestly. What is a natural affinity racial type?

FUrthermore I think you'd be better off making this a theme than a background, consideirng how big  a change it is, it would also allow you to keep regular racial traits.

I mean what's the point of a background that effectively changes your race? Just write a new race.

What is a natural affinity racial type?
ALL OF THE FOLLING ARE EXCEPTS FROM THE SEKOLA'S PLAYERS' GUIDE HANDBOOK:

A natural occuring condition that happened to non-amphibious and non-aquatic races' offsprings born by parents from other worlds that have lived more than 10 years oo Sekola. 100% of fifth generation offsprings born on Sekola are living energy beings and no longer considered a member of their parets race and are categorized as a natural either Elemental, Shadow or Magical creature (meaning they become non-humaniod) A second or third generation offsprings are called "Emergers" for their natural subconscious ability to create fire or freeze items or create light or create small wind breezes before they learn to walk and before they even comprehend what they were doing. In all other worlds this sort of child would been unusual but on SeKola this is the Status Quo .

The Sekola's world's life energies are altered by the strong arcanuum properties in which in terms created profound effects in and from individuals thanks to an ecological factor. One of the most evident effect of this developing condition is seen with some of the creatures and plants elemental-like textures of their physical appearences. Most creatures (Humanoids or otherwise) whom rely on consuming sustance to survive while living on Sekola for a long period becomes capable to identify and visualize energy forms around them while their offsprings are born naturally atoned to certain energy type and forms in a matter that these offspring can manipulated the energy mass flow using thought alone. The degree of this condition's effect depends on the creature's or the plant's offspring's generation origin from the first castaways whom found themselves stranded on SeKola (Castaways are from places like the mortal worlds of the Feywild Realms, The Forgotten Realms, Eberron and Athlas deserts - mentioned here just to name a few morortal worlds as well as castaways more mystical realms like The Shadowfell, all of the The Elementals realms of the Planes Below and Astral Seas also mentioned here to named a few Elemental Worlds realms)

All non-castaways origin humanoids living on-land besides the hamadryads, hags and changelings races found on SeKola are either ambiphous or aquatic with the underwater population outnumbering the on land population by 5 to 3. Among the land-bound humanoids' poulation besidse the formerly mention are consist of mostly Castaways and the Second Generation of past castaways. Due to the castaways' habitats' and diets; whom bobies proves to be too-easily sustained by the world's environment; some of their first generations of offsprings and nearly all of their second generations of offsprings displays having uncontrollable abiities to manipulate the natural life energies around their bodies. This ability is always encourage to be practiced and discipline as an family asset and a means for survival but these abilities in the leter generations becomes way too powerful to be trust even developed into benevolent force by the individual. Also this affinity to life energies in the third generations and fourth generations of the Catsaways' offsprings sometimes comes with the cost of the offsprings's physical resemblance of their immediate parents' racial features appearances. The Third and Fourth generation's population combined are about the same as the population of the castaways that can be found alive in any given year on SeKolas. This avoiding of bringing a third and fourth generation of non-native race SeKola offspring is inrtentionally because its rare for young offsprings of these generations to learn how to control their subconscious abilities at the emotional level before having many harmful accidents happening immediately around them invovling others like family members. Plus the the fact that more than half of the Fourth Generation offsprings and nearly all the Fifth generations offsprings are shunned or cruelly exploited by SeKola's seemly civilized orders as well as the groups of the chaotic orders and choatic regions. Then there are those regions and groups having high xenophobic fear of any elemental and near-elemental creatures of SeKiola that are constantly attacking and hunting these highly evolved humanoids; and doing so always with shouts of either "Monster!" or "Fasle-God."

Most of the fourth and fifith generation that does live past their first 12 years of life mainly lives in isolated regions and as a highly evolved individuals they learned that they must carry on living his or her day to day life always on the defensively against attack by the much despised fortune hunters trade and from the destroy at first sight intolerance.

FUrthermore I think you'd be better off making this a theme than a background:
Sekola's World Settings is made for Character's Theme builds even though its really the DM's call to recognized the player's rights to reject some of the Character's Theme powers for a class power of that same level. (I don't and by this build rule the background bonus are balanced well into 4thD&D and---> )

it would also allow you to keep regular racial traits;
I have included in the above information the area where why some of the Affinity Backgrouds are also a must-exchange for a racial feature or two.

I mean what's the point of a background that effectively changes your race?
This World is mixing races from all the 4th ed Worlds onto one Mortal plane world which have something or something esle that can support all the materials that come with each race. from any world. Such a mixing of material would naturally mean the what would grow there as nativity will have to stand the test of been functional build in any of the 4E ed worlds and this means some sort of healthy spellscarred effect is necessary and must use with the right balancing cost

Just write a new race.
I think I almost and just did!
See pictures: #16; #17;  and especially the Fourth Generation Background Bonus Hero in #20
http://community.wizards.com/content/media-gallery/579436

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

Yes that's all very nice fluff.

The problem is that natural affinity racial type has no meaning in the rules context. So I have no idea what you're swapping out with that background. You never define specifically what NART translates to in game mechanics.

Is that anything like an eladrin's fey origin?

What's the problem with themes again? your answer confuses me.

Yes that's all very nice fluff:

Thank You.

The problem is that natural affinity racial type has no meaning in the rules context. So I have no idea what you're swapping out with that background. You never define specifically what NART translates to in game mechanics:

if you looking at the Eladrin or The Elf or The Dragonborn with options of Wood Elf, The Sun Eladrin or The Dracconian Dragonborn then I do understand what you mean and yes it an almost the same concept. I hope the following clears up part of the questions? As for what is exactly NART, its the same as backgond options for the charater but these background options are somewhat like spellscar conditions without the negative side-effects.

THERE'S ARE NEARLY NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE CHOICE OF A CHARACTER'S RACE TO PLAY IN THE GAME SET OF SEKOLA  AND AS FOR HOW TO EXPLAIN HOW THIS SETTING'S EFFECTS RACIAL TRAITS ARE ATTEMPTED TO BE CLEARER BELOW!

RACIAL TRAITS

Average Height: Same as the chosen race
Average Weight: same also

Ability scores: same also
Size: same
Speed: Same as well yet Speed  is a subject to a  bonus  or/and bonus movement abilities by Natural Affinity Background. .
Vision: Vision is a subject to a bonus or/and a vonus abilities by an chosen Natural Affinity Background

Languages: Primordial replaces all common language  unless one of the following background bonus are active for communiicating while traveling around SeKola could turned to a DC Skill hit or miss.:

Unless otherwise determined all cases where the common ilangauage is the racial trait language becomes Primorbial language instaed. (Also  there's are Safe Haven Conditions - see below;  like the ones for residents and safeborns^ from City-State Of Virtu <-=-> Blue Skies Mountains Area of Praesparos that rgrants the supernal language as an additional language instead of grant the character's Racial Trait language. Common languare usage maybe more uncommon than rare yet its far less used then the Primorbial language. The primorbial language is both the language of the powerful militant Watersoul Genasi race of the SeKola and the language for trade and banking of this world. Yhere's really isn't  a coomon language for all of this large world yet there's a favored preferance for which language should be t formally worldwide..) 

The Castaways Background Option: Castaway character doesnt' loses Common as the racial trait language and don't recieve the Primordial language unless the language is chosen by another means 

If the player's character's language is Primordial then that character language is left unchanged.

Common is a taught language on Sekola and may be chosen among options of choosing another language.

If the player's character chosen a Non-Sekola, Non-castaway background ,that character could retained his/her Racial Trait language of the common language from that character's Safe Haven Conditions as an additional language.

Skill Bonuses: Mostly unchange yet there are a couple Safe Haven conditions that would effect skills bonuses .

Origin: Most of the Sekola's Natural Affinity Backgrounds, Some of the feats and some of the Pathagon Path may change the Character's Racial Trait's origin.   

Origin benefits: this will be a swap for every origin changed by the Natural Affinityw Background the new origin's benefits granted by that chosen affinity nature 's keyword nature is noted here..

Quirks and Weakness: :This may be subject to a swap here also based by the chosen affinity nature's keywords 

Unaltered Racial Traits Benefits. Unless directly addressed to change the others will remain unchange

^ = Safeborns are characters born of Sekola unaffected by the world sensitive nature. Safeborns are as common found among the Sekola's born population as the generation borns. 

.* = All areas in the SeKola's mortal world that are dominated by a certain races' influence also dominates the language since the first castaways arrived into the area. When a state.  Depending on the chosen area each charcters are granted and restricted by terms of that areas' Safe Haven Conditions. Sekola background options that aren't listed among the Castaways Backgrounds Options Llist recieves SeKola's Safe Haven background conditions. Most of the Safe Haven conditions related to language grant an additional language yet these additional language choices mainly are determine by a race of people in an area's having dominanting numbers and influence to the region which directly means controllng the language streght in usage over other language known..

Is that anything like an eladrin's fey origin?

Plenty Like it!

What's the problem with themes again? your answer confuses me:

Character Themes are prioritized as a must use option for playing 4E DnD on Sekola with a restriction of no swapping the Character's Theme powers,,feature nor benefits for class based powers and features or benefits while other sources like feats, items, skill powers, tier advancement choices etc.... etc...are alright for exchanges.

Who/What Am I?
html_removed
What I Doing Here?

Here's a thought, mock up  2-3 NARTS because I'm still not getitng it. Is it  a background? a racialy determined bonus pack of abilities? or abilities the races already have but are getting swapped around?Is NART  a new category like when the 4e dark sun book introduced themes? When I make a sekola character assuming I don't take the background option thing form the first post what NART does a Half-orc wizard have at level 1? What about an Eladrin Barbarian?

So Sekola has themes? and there's a bunch of wierd rules about the swapping that make no sense because you don't swap theme stuff for class stuff, some themes (most of the good ones) have additional leveled powers that can be accessed by swapping a class power of the same level or higher of the appropriate type (encounter for encounter, utility for utility, etc.)

Here's a big portion from the NART's Options. I'm sure you will get a better idea from just this one. If you think this is too much of alternative to work into the  4th Edition material; what would you to bring it back into 4E's formatting

Maybe I'm been too hard-pressed about the racial bonuses on tthese background options. What you think?

============================================================================

SEKOLA'S BACKGROUNDS OPTIONS:

Second Generation
Type: Birth
Campaign Setting: Sekola's
Prerequisites: Character Theme selection and either a hybrid class or a level 1 multiclass feat.
Within the first year of your life your physical features either demonstrated uncanny natural features like eyes start glowing when you feel a certain way or you have perform extra-ordinary prowess like been responsible for fire to burned brighter and stronger when you are near it. Since your parents are either safeborns of Sekola's birth or have two castaways parents stranded on Sekola you are considered a member of the First Generation of Sekola.

Associated Skills: You gained training in up to one skill associated with your  racial traits' Skill Bonuses.
Additional Bonuses: Choose an an Aspect of the Sekola Affinity Nature that shares a power keyword with either a feature power or a level 2 or lower power from your Character Theme powers. If your chosen Character Theme has no powers or doesn't have powers with keywords dealing that keyword type damage then you  become a member of the Exceptional Aspects of Sekola's Affinity's Natures

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE EXCEPTIONAL ASPECTS OF SEKOLA'S AFFINITY'S NATURES' BACKGROUND OPTION.
If you qualified as a member of the Exceptional Aspects Of Sekola's Affinity's Natures choose one of the following presences. You recieve the chosen presences benefits as a racial bonus.

~~CORRECTION THAT WAS ADDED ABOVE:

Extra-Ordinaire Presence
Benefits: 
Your SeKola's Background birth type's racial associate skills changes to you recieve training in one of the following: Arcane, Athletic, Heal, or Religion. You gain the option of choosing +2 to the Intelligence Ability with any other optional ability scores you have to choose from with your racial traits' benefits if this option isn't present. All your blast 3 weapons attack powers also targets as if it was a burst 1 attack powers; allof your burst 1 weapon attack powers gains the option to be use as a blast 3 attack. Also you gain the Wizard's class features Blade Magic, Guarded Flourish, Instinctive Attack and one power from the list of powers from the Bladespells' features. For the purpose of qualifying for prerequisites and benefits in feats and items you are considered a member of a Divine and Arcane class as well as a member of the Aspect of the Sekola Affinity Nature that shares a power's keyword of your chosen Bladespell power.

Sensed As A Dangerous Presence
Benefits
: All level 1 at-will weapon keyword  powers and basic attacks that does non-type damage gains the the rattling keyword. When you deal damage with an attack with the Rattling keyword, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the your next turn. A target that is immune to fear is not subject to this penalty.

Hearthy Presence
Benefits
: Your SeKola's  Background birth type's racial skill bonus changes to training in the Endurance skill. You gain the option of choosing +2 to the Constitution Ability with any other optional ability scores you have to choose from with your racial traits' benefits if this option isn't present.  Also all Level 1 At-Will weapon keyword attack powers, Character Theme attack powers and basic attacks that does non-typed damage gains the Invigorating keyword. When you deal damage with an attack with the Invigorating keyword, you gains temporary hit points equal to its Constitution modifier when it hits. No invigorating power grants temporary hit points more than once during a turn, even if the user hits more than once with that power.

Mechanic Presence
Benefits: All level 1 at-will weapon keyword attack powers and Character Theme attack powers that does non-type damage gains the stance keyword. When you deal damage with an attack power with the stance keyword and all basic attacks you make afterwards until you hit with a non-basic attack causes the same hit's effects on the target that last stance power you hit with in additional to any other effects you may have cause on the target with the basic attack. This effect only may trigger once per turn and a character can assume no more than one stance or rage per turn.
==================================

Here's the most elaborated background birth type bonuses of the Seloka's Background that access the NART bonuses and remember that any other Sekola's Background birth types besides  First Generation and Safeborns brings in the idea of an unique metamorphosis away from the charater's parents racial traits which effects even  half-breed races.

As for what does a Character Themes build looks like; here look over these pre-Sekola's Background era play-test player's character builds others made found in post #4 on this thread.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/gaming-room/threads/3884531

Even without the background bonuses they are totally different and exceptional.   

Who/What Am I?
html_removed
What I Doing Here?

... Are any of those NARTS?

also instead of :

If your chosen Character Theme has no powers or doesn't have powers with keywords dealing that keyword type damage then you  become a member of the Exceptional Aspects of Sekola's Affinity's Natures

why not : 

If your chosen Character Theme has no powers or doesn't have powers with keywords dealing that keyword type damage then you gain one of the listed presence abilities listed below.

also be careful about requiring leveld powers since many classes, especially psychics, eventually ditch many of their level one powers.

Are any of those NARTS?:

Natural Affinity Racial Types that you are referring to are meant to be found in the Charater's Background Options as the "Background Type: Birth." to say you are really referring to the Sekola's Background Options that are under the Type category: Birth.  
Would it be too much to created a new unstackable bonus type called "background bonuses" and with this category have the bonuses become improve on by a tier advancement systems? (i.e: Heroic, Paragon, Epic, Mythic with Mythic tier starting at level 32.)

======================================

also instead of :
If your chosen Character Theme has no powers or doesn't have powers with keywords dealing that keyword type damage then you  become a member of the Exceptional Aspects of Sekola's Affinity's Natures
why not :
If your chosen Character Theme has no powers or doesn't have powers with keywords dealing that keyword type damage then you gain one of the listed presence abilities listed below.

also be careful about requiring leveled powers since many classes, especially psychics, eventually ditch many of their level one powers

I wasn't considering that because choosing a background options is part of the initial building process yet I see what you mean and this would lead me in thinking that I should somehow isolate this condition in order to have a clause inserted at "when you choose character theme then if you have chosen a SeKola's birth type category background option etc... " or "when you choose your class and decided to choose no Character Theme option if you have chosen a hybrid class then if you have already chosen a SeKola's birth type category background option etc..." Of course anything esle do qualifiy the character for the Sekola's Background's option  of the birth type associated skills benefits but it doesn't kiick in the additional bonuses; yet my only concern about this is  is this necessary.

Woud this be necessary?

=======================================

CORRECTION THAT WAS ADDED ABOVE:

Associated Skills: You gained training in up to one skill associated with your racial traits' Skill Bonuses.

Here I made the associate skill bonus in the background Option card more modest:

AND

Extra-Ordinaire Presence
Benefits:
  Your SeKola's Background birth type's racial associate skills changes to you recieve training in one of the following: Arcane, Athletic, Heal, or Religion. You gain the option of choosing +2 to the Intelligence Ability with any other optional ability scores you have to choose from with your racial traits' benefits if this option isn't present. All your blast 3 weapons attack powers also targets as if it was a burst 1 attack powers; allof your burst 1 weapon attack powers gains the option to be use as a blast 3 attack. Also you gain the Wizard's class features Blade Magic, Guarded Flourish, Instinctive Attack and one power from the list of powers from the Bladespells' features. For the purpose of qualifying for prerequisites and benefits in feats and items you are considered a member of a Divine and Arcane class as well as a member of the Aspect of the Sekola Affinity Nature that shares a power's keyword of your chosen Bladespell power.

Here I added Blade Magic; added the burst 1 weapon attack translation into blast 3 weapon attack, adjusted the associate skills reference to the modest revison and reworded some.

AND

Hearthy Presence
Benefits:
Your SeKola's  Background birth type's racial skill bonus changes to training in the Endurance skill. You gain the option of choosing +2 to the Constitution Ability with any other optional ability scores you have to choose from with your racial traits' benefits if this option isn't present.  Also all Level 1 At-Will weapon keyword attack powers, Character Theme attack powers and basic attacks that does non-typed damage gains the Invigorating keyword. When you deal damage with an attack with the Invigorating keyword, you gains temporary hit points equal to its Constitution modifier when it hits. No invigorating power grants temporary hit points more than once during a turn, even if the user hits more than once with that power.

Also here I had adjusted the associate skills reference to the modest revison and reworded some.

Who/What Am I?
html_removed
What I Doing Here?

Show me a damaned NART!

you've got this whole big system in your head and the little partial snippets you let out are just confusing me further

I advise that you post a step by step process for creating a sekolas character with at least two options at each step that differs from standard charaacters ala the PHB 1.

Show me a damaned NART!

you've got this whole big system in your head and the little partial snippets you let out are just confusing me further

I advise that you post a step by step process for creating a sekolas character with at least two options at each step that differs from standard charaacters ala the PHB 1.

============================================

My homebrew settings is just a new settings with new birth types' and regional types' backgrounds options and some homebrew items. As for the character building porcess besides the requirements to meet the prerequistes for the settings homebrew options there really isn't any other then standards building. This may resembles houseruled but both of us know even with the settings' gane-style been created following the 4th ed. DM1 and DM2  Guides its isn't standard and is so homebrew.

I can produce your sample characters yet most of the materials that was incorporated into this settings make-up came from all the 4th ed. materials especially the post-Essential's materials so the Idea of creating a character using only PH1's material will be nearly all standard process.  

Sekola settings and grading exploits and abuse the optimizations of Character Themes acessing class features .using racial traits and keywords damage types under the notion of the  law of physics of charactes becoming highly atoned and sensitive to those naturally based damage energy resources.

This weekend as I find time during RL to do so I will presented you an EathForger (Hybrid Swordmage/Barbarian) Githyanki with the Second Generation ((Extraordinare Presences) birth-type Sekola's native background. I will also build this same characteragain and this time with a standard birth-type background yet I will keep the Must-Used Character Theme options intact during both process. So please ear with me and i will get this tro you soon enough.

P.S. A Note Addressing On Why I'm Doing This:

If you are familiar with my forum group "Players' Vault"  you would have known that the campaigns I ran there were always legally altered using the DMs' Guidebooks into "Hard Level Combat Encounters" as well as intentionally fillied with risky and tricky quests in which players had an opportunity to earn high XPS, generous gps rewards and interesting uncommon and rare magic items frequenltly while leveling up fast during the challenging game progress. There also may have been a fatality here and there  but there far more great role-playing, entertaining gameplaying and impressive optimized player character's builds astounding everyone all the time and overall. 

The Sekola's is a mortal world settings I coming up with is so that I can re-introduced these type difficulties with more fun and challenge as the norm for only optimized players characters build without the awkwardness of having the game in any of the WotC'spublished settings by having a mortal world settings that is isolated yet filled with characters whom ancestors or birthplace is of all of those published WOTC's world settings. A simple large mortal world planet  where more tha n 705 of the on land dwelling populations original are from people or persons that were stranded there or pull there by many possible avenues and ways.

What I'm attempting to do is to recreate the fun and excitement from defeating super-hard bad guys and monsters while I'm enjoying recreating standard non-elite NPC adversaries' templates and 3rd Edition Monster Manual templates as elite or solo bad guys or monsters without changing or straying far from the combat tactics found for those adversaries the Monster Manuals or other guidebooks where these subjects was introduced in. In some cases I will even introduced adversaries with 4th Ed. class features and powers published meant for players' characters just to up the challenge.

Well. anyway one thing I'm certain of is that I had found out that the Character Themes (especially those that altered racial origins) flirts with an easy to see possibilities of taking a player's character power theme to a whole new level if the right prerequisites was made available to liberate such freedom for a player. This freedom is what I'm trying to make totally possible for the players with this homebrew settings idea.

Thank you Rampant;for  I does appreciate your inputs and questions greatly and will have your scale models up this weekend. (if RL is allowing.)

Peace to you, Signed V.      

Who/What Am I?
html_removed
What I Doing Here?

Completed Now (I Think.  and yes I know I well late but if you excused me by don't asking questionson how come I am late in delivery this and I promise you I will won't answer you with any lies.

Happy New Year, Buddy. Signed V,

The N.A.R.T.s are now ready for your inspections

====================================================================

NATURAL AFFINITY RACIAL TYPES:

Natural Aptitude:
Upon meeting the requirements of a Natural Affinity Racial Type; choose up to one of your origin background skill bonuses that you may recieved a +2 bonus if option for it and instead of optioning for it choose to gain training in that skill instead. This doesn't counts toward recieving the background option even though this does eliminated the skill you recieving training in from the background bonus list.

Affinity Also Equals Resistance:

You gain Resist 5 +half your character's level versus any of the keyword damage type that shares a keyword type with your character Natural Affinity Racial Type.

You also recieves a +2 bonus for saving throws against the effects that shares a keyword type of your chosen Natural Affinity Racial Type.

The Aquatic Factor:

If the Natural Affinity Racial Type has a (*) next to its title then upon choosing that type your character gains the Aquatic racial origin in additional any of the racial benefits and racial origins your character have obtained or retained.

If Your Character Qualifies As Having A Natural Affinity Racial Type; Choose Up To One Of The Followings That Are  Listed:

Essentially Affinity Origin: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Primal or Psionic class
Choose one damage keyword type: You gain the damage keywords type for all basic attacks:
Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following race types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Satyr Hamadryad, Teifling. Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Shade, Pixie, Vryloka, Githyanki, Githzeria, Drow, Wilden, Shadar-Kai, Hengeyokai, Changeling, Genasi, Kalashtar, Shardmind, Eladrin

Amphibious Affinity Origin*: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Primal or Psionic class
Choose one damage keyword type: You gain the damage keywords type for all basic attacks:
Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Draconian; Kobold, Bullywug, Living Construct or Hamadryad.

Atoned Affinity Origin: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Shadow or Primal class
Choose one damage keyword type: You gain the damage keywords type for all basic attacks:
Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Fey Origin;or are Shadar-Kai, Hengeyokai or Changeling

Brighten Affinity Origin*: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Shadow or Divine class

Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type:
Immortal origin or having a racial benefits that has within its title the term "Hertiage".

Endowed Affinity Origin*:Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Martial or Primal class

Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Thri-Keen, Goliath, Bugbear, Deva, Changeling, Orc, Githyanki; Githzeria, Hobgoblin, Warforged, Minotaur, any with  Draconic Hertiage

All members of this Natural Affinity Type can weild large weapons and all normal sized weaponsthey weild gains an additional property of light throwm properties.

All members of this Natural Affinity Type are grant proficiency with all melee weapons category types including of the superior weapon category.

Mystical Affinity Origin*: Prerequisite: Must be a member of aPrimal or Psionic class

Choose one damage keyworh type: ou gain the damage keyword type for all basic attacks:

Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Shadow Origin;; Any racial benefits that grant any sort of Terrain walk or has within its title the term "Vitality" or "Mind" or "Hertiage"

Seering Affinity Origin*: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Divine or Psionic class

Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type: Shadow Origin; Undead: Living Dead; Immortal; or are Shadar-Kai orHengeyokai

Instilled Affinity Origin*: Prerequisite: Must be a member of a Shadow or Divine class
Character's that are either a member of or have the racial origin type of any of the following types retains their racial benefits when choosing this Natural Affinity Type:  Immortal; Shadow Origin: Undead; Living Dead, Living Construct or have within its racial benefits' title the term "Hertiage" or  "Vitality"

=========================================================================

+++++++++I have also made some adjustment on the feats for these racial options in the above postings.++++++++++

SeKola's Background Bonus: (More Coming As I Find Time To Organized Them For Display.)

SeKola Generations Background Bonuses:
Since birth like many others born into the SeKola world; you are sensitive to the excessive energies of the world around you. Was you like many others that some call lucky while others shunned you away aggressively because this natural gift done more than formed you differently than other of your race. Was your physical appearance altered enough to show everyone at first sight that you are gifted or can you hide your gift in crowds and lived as it is expected by the status-quo without using your gift one another or for your benefit with or over your peers and family. Regarless of what you have chosen you possess an sense of affinity with one of the natural energy powers of Sekola and you can't be normal.

Package Benefits: You gain the Natural Affinity Feat as a bonus feat and you must choose a Natural Affinity Racial Type. Once you do  your racial origin is considered that type for the purpose of meeting prerequisites and requirements for the racial origin s and race type listed under your chosen Natural Affinity Racial Type choice; you will also loses all of your previous racial origin's benefits and will no longer be considered meeting the requirements and prerequisites for your previous race origin unless otherwise stated by you Backgorund Bonus Package option.

Emerging Generation Background Option:
If your racial origin doesn't change by your bonus type then you will retain all benefits and bonuses of your character's original race. You also gained the choice by this Background Generation Option to trade away your Natural Aptitude and Affinity Equals Resistance Features you received from your Natural Affinity Racial Type to retained your origin character's racial benefits; if you do this trade then you keep only the keyword selection benefits for your Natural Affinity Racial Type and lose all qualification to meet prerequisite for feats and benefits meant for other races sharing the racial origin for feats and items..

==========================================================
SeKola's Feats:

Natural Affinity Feat:
Prerequisite: Having a Natural Affinity Racial Type or having one level 1 non-martial class at-will attack power with training in the Insight skill and one skill training from the Intelligence Abilities' category skill.

Benefits: You are considered an Aspect of the Sekola Affinity Nature's for the purpose of qualifying for prerequisite and benefits meant for Aspects of  the SeKola's Affinity Nature's members. You gain the Power Affinity Ability

Once per round and only during your turn as a minor action you may activate the Affinity Ability Power, this power remains active until the end of the turn,. All bonuses grant by this ability are treated as a racial bonuses instead of a feat bonus..

The Affinity Abilities' Power Benefits: Once per round as a free action when either starting an action or ending a turn choose to activate one of the following:
Focusing : If your next attack roll you make shares a power keyword with your Affinity Nature type that attack roll gains a +2 racial bonus (Paragon = +4 ; Epic = +6)
Surging: If the next attack roll you make that shares a power keyword with your Affinity Nature type deals 2 damage of the damage type as a +2 racial bonus to the damge roll (Paragon = +4 ; Epic = +6) }

Prime Collector:
Prerequisite: Natural Affinity Feat or you have one level 1 non-martial class at-will attacks with the training in the Arcane skill and one skill in the Charisma Abilities' category skill.
Benefits: Pick either the Ritual Casting feat or Alchemist feat; and with the Wizard's Spellbook Feature you gain the feat you picked.

Prime Resarcher;
Prerequisite: The Natural Affinity Feat or a level 1 martial class at-will attacks with training in both the Diplomacy skill and one skill from Wisdom Abilities' category skill.
Benefits: For the purpose of only multiclassing into any of the Arcane, or te Primal, or the Psionic classes you gain the Bard's Multiclass Versality feature You also qualifies as a  member of  any of the Arcane, Psionic and Primal classes for any prerequisite for feats, themes benefits, and items use. Besides the Bard class all your powers are considered a power of any class you multiclass into.

Reflective Affinity:
Prerequisite: Natural Affinity Feat
Benefits: Your Power Affinity Power surge lasts until the start of you next turn instead of until your next attack roll and while this power is active and as long as you are dealing damage of the the same type of your chosen Natural Affinity Racial type once per round you may as no action choose to declare the damage to be be treat as successful basic attack in order to qualify the damage dealt for bonuses and benefits you are generally granted for basic attacks, class  and feats benefits, features and powers  (ie: A Level 4 Avenger class character with the Brighten Affinity Origin type while under the Surging Natural Affinity Power effect having the Radiant Power feat can deal with the +2 racial bonus to radiant damage in additional to the amount of damage equaling to half that Avenger character Highest Ability Score's modifier when the Radiant Power feat bonuses is triggered as additioal damage.)

Selfless Monster
Prerequisite: Natural Affinity Feat
Benefits: Once per Encounter: As a free action you may spend one healing surge but instead of regaining hitpoints; you gain one power charge and before the end of your next turn if choose to acquired another power charge you must spend another healing surges with a minor action then on for a third power charge with minor actions but after obtaining the third power charge you must spend a standard action to obtained a fourth or a fifth or so on. Also during this same duration anytime you use a power or an attack that shares either a keyword type or a damage type with your Natural Affinity Racial type: if your Focusing's state is activated your attack roll(s) gains a +1 racial bonus for each power charge you had obtained  (Level 11 -20 = +2 per power charge  Level 21 or higher = +3 per power charge) or if your Surging's is activated your damage roll(s) gains a +1d4 racial bonus for each power charge you are holding (Level 11 to 20=2d4 damage per power charge. Level 21 or higher=3d4 damage per power charge.) You also gains +1 per power charge you holding as a feat bonus to saving throws against a power 's effects that  shares your affinity nature type.

=======================================================================

Who/What Am I?
html_removed
What I Doing Here?

1. Aquatic is not an origin like fey or elemental, I think it's a sub-type like dragon or fire.

2. You have a list labled N.A.R.T.s, and on that is labled with: "If Your Character Qualifies As Having A Natural Affinity Racial Type; Choose Up To One Of The Followings That Are  Listed:"  What is this second list? 

3. Describe when you get nart, do you give up anything from the core pillars of Race and Class, or is this an add on?

4. Same for the second list.