d20 modern and eXodus question

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey all, I have a question on the rules for d20 modern/eXodus.  I don't understand where the Total Attack Bonus comes from in the weapon listing.  It is listed with the weapon for instance a 9mm pistol, Total Attack Bonus of +4 Damage 2d6 etc.  Where did the total attack bonus number come from?  When I look at another pregen guy with a baseball bat his weapon listing says baseball bat total attack bonus +5.  It's not the same as his Base Attack Bonus so I'm confused.

Total attack bonus is generally BAB + the relevant ability modifier for the attack. So someone with a baseball bat would use their BAB, lets say +3, plus their strength mod, lets say a +1. So their total attack bonus would be a +4. Dexterity is used for ranged attacks. So, assuming a BAB of +3 and a DEX mod of +2, the total attack bonus would be +5.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a world just around the corner of your mind, where reality is an intruder and dreams come true.

You may escape into it at will. You need no secret password, no magic wand or Aladdin's lamp;

only your own imagination and curiosity about things that never were.

Sign In to post comments