Afflictions and Disease Tracks

1 post / 0 new

These are a feature I would have liked to have seen taken further... I have been thinking about Bloodline and Oath magics and the flassic roundtable knights and ran in to an ability which kind of called for creation of an Affliction to be created on a Defeated (Bloodied/Intimidated Enemy) - I am currently calling it a blood Demand its basically a forced oath that induces a curse if the subject fails to follow it. There is even a ritual to remove an affliction but zero methods that I know of for one to be created.  Has anybody done anything more in this arena on there own or am I just missing it.

I have heard people mention using the disease track for long term wounds I guess that is a related thought.

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."