World Creation - Any opinions?

1 post / 0 new
Hello everyone! My name is Justin but everyone calls me Draxul. I have been DM'ing for about 2-3 years now. I know that isn't an impressive amount of time but I feel like I learned a lot and I was looking to share what I learned with some other players / dms. First and foremost let me say that I specialize in custome DnD Content. When I sit down to make a campaign the first thing I do is create a map of the entire planet, in 1/8" graph paper squares. Then I break it down content by contenient on 1/8" graph paper. Blowing up the content alittle bit to fit the page.

Finally I then fill in each square on the contenient  with a symbol like: Sh1, or To1. I create a database to organize all my symbols each one refers to a location. In this way I populate the entire world with customized content. I've created dozens of Excel sheets the help generate world content, as well as help DM's track player progress and world events.

I'd love to share my materials with other DM's and players. I currently host a website called: www.handofthemagi.com

I welcome you all to visit it, you don't need to make an account to download the materials they are listed under Role Playing Materials. Check them out and tell me what you think. I also run a blog for content creation at handofthemagi.wordpress.com/ and on the link above as well.

If you would like to get in touch with me and see some of my created worlds let me know. I have about 6-8 people who play my campaigns and they love the content they encounter. I even had a player send me a webcam off Amazon, a wifi cam with built in ventrilo, so he could play from Africa.

I'm sure there are alot of Dm's here that are much better than I am but I just wanted to see how other people create their campaigns or if other DM's simply use the supplemental material from Wizards.
"I am the champion of light, In the stronghold of darkness."