Lords of Creation 2 (OOC) (Thread 2)

407 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Lords of Creation” is one of the most addictive forum games you’ll ever encounter. You might recall one of the earlier versions, played on these boards and the 3.5 boards. If you saw it and wanted to join but the collective history was too daunting, fear not; now is your chance. This is a play-by-post cooperative world-building game in which the players take on the role of gods, with the full powers and influence thereof. The goal of this is to produce a campaign world complete with history, pantheon, geography, races, creatures, and anything you could possibly imagine. One of the best elements is that the world is entirely organic; ancient wars, cultural growth, and divine conflicts are actually the result of warring interests, rather than being pulled whole cloth from a single person’s imagination. This provides diversity that you just can’t find anywhere else. And of course, we have a LOT of fun along the way. To facilitate play and later use, we also have a wikia where game information (such as homebrew races, maps, classes, etc) will be posted: lordsofcreation.wikia.com

You can find the basic rules here: lordsofcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Basic_Rul...
And we also ask that you read these basic guidelines: lordsofcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Guideline...

Currently the Admins (and their gods) of the game are:
ff6shadow: Veros
Wyld Mutation: Xirinet (Inactive IC, still admining) 
Topheh: Nixis

Currently the Players (and their gods) of the game are:
Mechalibur: Shurka
Angelofthenight: Vymrl
Nerdzul: Hensen Jijou
Tinwe: Hammu
Chapien: Azor'Chapien
AnubisDread: Chroma
XiahouXhu: Starl
Graxith : Honissia
Kiptar:Ekluag
Xeadin: Torvek
Aradeia: The Empress
Moondoggy: Ythrexle

Inactive Players Not having posted in 4 turns will place you on this list. If you have found yourself on this list, you will no longer be included on the turn reset for PP. Simply PM me of your return, and resume play as normal. You will return to the active list as soon as I see you posting again.
Aldii: Eijra
MassiveAttack: Mara
Shinobicow: Il'tharas
wizdude47: Frellisk
The_Orius: Oravalos
Delfedd: Chactross
MatthewSwift: Neko
Novatack: Nocturne
Mostly Ghostly: Oreb Nahash
Voodooguy: Ka
Half_Dragon_Infernal: Runescar
GrimPoet: Siccadan
Malltrick: Roan
RUMPLESTIX: Ipsur
Camu: Tsarokga-Noggoth
Lord Mephistopheles: Jormundrasil
Ritreaude: Drahthor
Live-Laugh-Love: Sessilee
IncarnationsEnd: Incarnations End

Dead Gods These are the gods that have died for one reason or another. They are incapable of returning without the original player agreeing, as well as passing it by an admin.
Thought: Xa'an
Space_Dragon: Thans
Sinasilver: Yoglith
Aldii: Zophia

Retired Players These are players who have been forced to quit for one reason or another. Their gods may or may not return to active play.
Armisael: Cygnus
Ganryu: The Void

If you are interested in playing, please post your interest in this thread here and PM one (or more) of the admins. We'll let you know when you can post in the IC thread. Please use the following format:

Name:
Domains:
Physical Appearance:
Symbol:

To note, every god starts off with 3pp worth of domains. This might be one Greater domain or several Lesser domains. Those listed on the Wikia are only suggested domains; feel free to come up with your own. The game will begin as soon as we have enough player interest. So let’s get creating!

Waiting List:

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
What exactly is the point of the Waiting List?

Anyway...

Yay! LoC is back up! FOR REALZ!

Think we should start a LoC 3 Development Thread?/
OOC works fine for it.

Then waiting list is where we keep players waiting to join the game. It was more important early on, when we were holding back and not letting everybody flood too fast.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Didn't this get asked to get moved to the PbP Haven?
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Didn't this get asked to get moved to the PbP Haven?

No, it got RECOMMENDED to the PbP Haven.
For LoC III, I was thinking that we should make it more difficult to negate actions. Perhaps twice the original PP cost of said action? Also, I think nourishes and techs should be split into separate groups. Say, Civilian, Industrial, and Military? Nerd also suggested that perhaps we should incorporate civilization levels, i.e renaissance, middle ages, iron age, bronze age, copper age, and stone age. Maybe 4PP to advance a civ. one level? Also, if anyone has ideas for a system to determine nation on nation battles I would be interested to see it.

On another subject, a random events table, maybe activated once a month, could be interesting? Events such as Great Famine, all societies with agriculture as a tech have a 1PP denourish, or Holy Empowerment, all good aligned gods get 1PP bonus for one turn. What do you think?
Actually, if I admin and don't play, I could drop random stuff like that.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Tinwe--who is this girl calling out for Mara? I have no idea...

In other news. I am going to be very sparse in the coming future. Tommorow only a bit, and then Thursday-Saturday I am moving half way round the world. It may be a few more days until I check in. Not quitting, but will be "away" If you need Mara for anything, please PM me a notice and maybe a quick summary or what not so I don't miss it.

Unfortunately I will likely not be able to do much with the Ae-Sylvani-Gnome thing, yet, since that would put myself in a highly disadvantageous position.
Have a good move, Massive, and don't worry about the Ae-Sylvani/Children interaction... it can wait for when you have time again, and anyways, after this turn or next, I think the Ae-Sylvani will pity them more than anything.
Goodbye ppl, hehe btw let's don't forget the vote in progress on the other thread while I'm off :p

Maybe we should report the partial resoults and the vote post here.

Okay. Then lets do this publicly and clearly. It seems like a lot of people are wanting to restart, but lets hammer that out a bit more. Here is the 'official' poll

Two questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) Do you want to restart now or in the near future?

2) Regardless of what you answered above, were we to restart, when would you like to restart? (immediately, one week, one month...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we do decide when we're gonna restart, we should talk about a number of issues including how we pick admins, what the process is for disputing rulings, things like that.

Current Votes (check the ad Interim Post)
Against: Shadow, Topheh.
Pro: Nerdzul, Chapien, Ekluag, Angelofnight, Aldii
Neutral: Mechalibur

Goodbye ppl and have fun :p
On the active gods list, you forgot to put me and my god, Kiptar.
Tinwe--who is this girl calling out for Mara? I have no idea...

Hammu's been messing with your river for 2 resets now, thinking about breaking it in retribution for you breaking Beacon.
Bring Gleemax Back. Even as a failure, it was better than this. http://community.wizards.com/durdur
Fixed,Ekluag.

Aldii, can we not shrink the inner world?

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Hmm? What do you mean?
Your last post shrank the inner world. . . I was wondering if you felt that was necessary? I've got dimensions on it previously, but after your mold, I'd have to rework them.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
No, Eijra is mad. She wants to destroy the Inner world and sees the shrinking of it as a first step of making the world in to a better place.

You can always try to fight the changes she has made in game, but the chances are the she will just continue with her general destruction until she is taken down.
I have posted in the IC Thread. I was thinking about doing something different for a change to how Torvek woke up. :D

For the LoC III, I'm thinking about a few greater planes of existence as Base planes to install the lesser planes for the gods for when we do start over.
(The original list was in the Interim Thread, so this list has been revised)

Greater Planes & Descriptions

Far Realms: A place of utter mystery, the Far Realms has a thick atmosphere of chaotic energies that morphs the land and changes the physical bodies of organic matter into abberant, unknown forms. The Far Realms is an apparent wasteland of constantly shifting and morphing structures and lifeforms. Mortal beings subject into the grey wastes of the Far Realms may experience periods of time subdued into a weightless space in one moment, then fall facedown onto earthen rock the next. Mortals may also experience small amounts of Corporeal Instability, until they get out of the Far Realms. Gods that exsist within the Far Realms are keepers of great lore, but are often hard to reach, since the extraterrestrial lands of the Far Realms hinders traffic greatly.

Astral Sea: The dominion of the divine outposts, the Astral Sea is the main Hub plane of most of the gods that pursue creation and destruction. Dozens of dominions float along the wave-like energies that supplies the powers needed to sustain the mortal worlds below. Besides being gods within the Astral Sea, there are also small communities of Githyanki Pirates that litter through the waves. The Astral Skiffs the Githyanki ride are a common sight around the dominions, but they are a threat to the mortals that travel through the Astral Sea. Angels also litter the many dominions of the Astral Sea as divine guardians and servitors to the great Gods of the plane.

Elemental Chaos: A place pf birth and death, the Elemental Chaos is home to some of the most magnificent and devestating Primordials that have walked across the mortal lands. The elemental Chaos is a constant sea of the raging elements that make up the Chaos- Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. Gopds that live within the Elemental Chaos are usually the keepers of these powerful elemental energies, so they possess great lore on their homeland. Mortals may have a hard time travelling through the Elemental Chaos- especially when the land masses explode into the different elemental powers.

Feywild Frontier: The Feywild Frontier is a hospitable plane for mortals as well as gods who pursue both Arcane and Divine arts. Essentially, lots of things can live in the frontier. Wild hunters like the Gnolls and the Orcs run rampid through the thick jungles of the main frontier, while vast bodies of water surrounds the edge of the sand- laiden shorelines. Titanic mountains rise above the bulk of the mainland, casting forboding shadows among most of the inhabitants that live in the jungles and prairies.

Shadowfell: The land shrouded in death and undeath, the Shadowfell posesses great dangers to many who lurk within the tunnels of the Shadowfell. Up above, mysterious twilight zones warp time and bring about an aura of fear, as Necromantic energies surge through the wastes. Vast number of undead figures stalk the land, hunting for the living when their souls had been destroyed by forces that have haunted them since their time of death. The stronger creatures live closer to the center of the Shadowfell, where most of the gods who pursue the undeath glories lay in wait.

Whitelands: Huge blizzards ravage this plane, as the Whitelands conquer most of this scarce plane. Very few mortals can survive in these harsh conditions, as mounting winds and subzero temperatures create monstrous amounts of snow too deep for foot travel. There are few places where mortals can live in- small refuges that provide excellent shelter for travellers that had got caught within the Whitelands. Winter wolves scourge the Whitelands in search of food. Few gods have found the Whitelands as their home, but there are some present and they change the climate to where they see fit.

The Great Maw: A huge sinkhole lined with buildings and cities, the Great Maw is home to some of the best flyers ever known to existence. Even though the Great Maw doesn't seem like a good place to stay, the construction of some of the cities are very unique and they offer easy transportation to other cities and to the surface area above the Great Maw. Many gods who end up here find this to be a good home of opportunity and they see to it that the Great Maw stays in existence for years to come.

Skyway River: This celestial river of energy links all of the Greater and Lesser Planes together. The planes are not all connected, but the Skyway River leads travellers to their destination by use of Celestial Airboats. Gods most often use this to get to other planes of existence. Planes not connected to the Skyway River are thus harder to reach but not impossible to get to.

Tell me what you think about these ideas.
Also, the descriptions are how the Planes generally are. In the LoC, the planes will start out as blank spaces, though their geography will still be the same- They'll just have no inhabitants occupying them until they are created.

Resident Paladin of Insane Imaginations

PbP Haven Group (Relocated) & My Groups
If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Heroes' Last Stand; Worlds Abroad; City of Ruins
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Fable [4e] (Karinna, Dragonborn Warlord -- Lv. 1)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)
City of Ruins [Kobold City] (Karnat Lightsoul, Kobold Cleric -- Lv. 1)
City of Ruins [Frozen Citadel] (Xeadin, Human Paladin -- Lv. 1)

Mirthomir (Enara Harpsong, Eladrin Wizard -- Lv. 1)
Last Breaths of Ashenport (Malkary Runestone, Goliath Runepriest -- Lv. 8)
D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

D&D Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Hammu's been messing with your river for 2 resets now, thinking about breaking it in retribution for you breaking Beacon.

I am aware of what you did to the river and then how you used it (though really didn't affect it the second time).

I'm just wonder if you want a response, who this girl is....
Xeadin,

That would be a huge deviation from both the history and spirit of the LoC games, which are primarially about creating ANYTHING you can imagine, rather than working within a framework of planes that already exist. We can talk about it more in the planning thread for the next game... but I for one think that we don't need those sort of restrictions.
Xeadin,

That would be a huge deviation from both the history and spirit of the LoC games, which are primarially about creating ANYTHING you can imagine, rather than working within a framework of planes that already exist. We can talk about it more in the planning thread for the next game... but I for one think that we don't need those sort of restrictions.

True- It was just a thought. I was thinking to myself the other day on how would anyone be able to live in a space of nothingness when they first start to play the LoC. I wasn't even thinking about restrictions when I was doing that, so thanks for the reminder. Plus, I've got this HUGE library of different planes and worlds just swirling through my head right now.

Question- did somebody create the Skyway River, or is that an important piece to the LoC?

In any case, I'm all ears for a new LoC III. :D

If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Hello again everyone. I haven't been on in a while as life has sort of gotten in the way. Still, I would not be opposed to starting another LoC, and would love to be a part of it.

Aradeia
Your still welcome to participate in this one if you wish. You would have your usual 6PP

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Hey, ff6shadow-
If we were to switch from LoC 2 to LoC 3, would we be able to keep our current characters- just starting from scratch?

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

No, it would be strarting from scratch

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Oh...

Well, time to think of another character then! ...maybe...

I want to be able to keep Corelloth in, because I'm doing this campaign in D&D where Corelloth is up to no good in the country that I have created. The LoC is kind of a backstory for what is happening when Torvek, Dolestre, and Corelloth are not around Anorbus. Sounds kind of weird, but... I pulled it off somehow, by using my imagination! :D

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Xeadin: Everything has been created from scratch. Mara created the skyway river a few months ago.
Xeadin: Everything has been created from scratch. Mara created the skyway river a few months ago.

Was that when the LoC first started to take off on the WotC Forums? I was told to have my Lesser plane to be connected to the Skyway River, or else I had to pay an extra 1pp to create the plane if it wasn't.

I hope I wasn't misunderstanding anything...

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Your still welcome to participate in this one if you wish. You would have your usual 6PP

Okay then, sounds good. I'll just have to wait until my life settles down a bit first, but then I'm good.

Aradeia
Me and my friend CatalystJones are both voting for the current one to end or fade so we can start anew in ver.3.
ƸȌƷ
Well, I'm going to leave voting open until the saturday reset, but it does seem as if we have some fairly consistent trends appearing. LoC 3 is likely not too far away! Hold in there

Xeadin,

There have now been two LoC games. Both started from scratch, with absolutely nothing created but an empty and formless prime plane. From there, players have created each and every thing that affects people in the game. The skyway river is an artifact, much like your chakram, just with some special triggers worked into it so that it spends its PP automatically to make creating a plane not attached to it harder. There's another artifact that does a similar thing, but it makes creating bodies of land in the Aether harder... which is one of the reasons that I've been working so hard to find alternate ways of settling the place (back of a turtle, on a pre-existing rock, on giant amoebas... none of it 'new land'... (heh... I wonder if Massive is annoyed at my trickery and thats why she's killing my people off )

When the next LoC starts, there will be no skyway river, no inner and outer worlds, no sun, no moons, no stars, no Astral Sea, no Humites, no Imperium, no Dragons, no Library, no Noth... there will just be the void, waiting for us to fill it. In this LoC, the void even became a god for a little while, which made things even more interesting. Take a read of the first couple pages of this LoC to get a feel for what the start of the game will look like. While I'm sad to see this version go, I *am* looking forward to the opportunities the next will allow.
Hey all

It's been a while and I just started checking the forums again. Good to see the game progressed so much.

I was considering to join again, but seeing that the game is running to an end and plans are made for a new one, I might pass and just wait.

Camu
Okay, so what are the votes like as of now?

We're missing Ritreaude- he hasn't been on for quite a while...

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

So with the trends that we're seeing, should we begin the rules discussion now? And Shaddow, I was thinking that the admins would use published tables of random events, using InvisibleCastle as a roll site.
Chapien:
So, Corelloth is planning something nasty- I think that she might be executing her plan to destroy a plane...

We still don't know which Plane she is targeting...

The bomb she had placed won't destroy Azora, but rather scorch a small part of the island. In place, a huge column of flame will rise up like a pllar to the Skyway River. Something tells me that she may be up to no good...

It takes 1pp to disarm the flame for a day, but immediately rearms after a day has passed. When the flame does go off, it then takes 3pp to extinguish the pillar.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Xeadin, in order for that flame to have that property, you will need to spend that amount of PP to create it.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Stats for shadowspawn:

Flesh puppet:

[deck=Flesh Puppet Level 12 Brute - Minion]
Medium natural animate (undead) XP 175
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +6
HP 1; Missed attacks never damage a minion.
AC 24; Fortitude 25; Reflex 21; Will 23
Speed 5
Fists (standard; at-will)
+15 vs. AC; 5 damage.
Explode (when reduced to 0 hit points; encounter)
Close Burst 1; +13 vs. Reflex; 6 damage.
Str 18 (+10) Dex 16 (+9) Wis 10 (+6)
Con 20 (+11) Int 8 (+5) Cha 10 (+6)
[/deck]

Thoughts? What are the list of baddies that inhabit Old Terena? I thought adding another named villain could be helpful. Though I should probably stat her.
Resident generic resident.
Actually, honestly at this point, we could make Terena an entire campaign locale... super adventure style. At the moment, we have:

The Mournelord himself, bound and entombed, but able to project his mind and image.
A large number of vampires, it would appear headed by Iyelle. They've created a fortress around the center of the old city to protect the physical form of the Mournelord.
Shadowspawn and FleshPuppetts, as Mecha has created.
My skull swarm... which I should probably turn insubstansial... seeing that they are ghosts...
And my generic 'various forms of undead' that have moved in.

My initial idea of Old Terena was to have it be a single adventure in the mid paragon tier, where characters would venture into the opened city of the dead, fight their way to the Mournelord's chamber, and rip the amulet of Life... or whatever I called it, from his chest, killing him and leaving the rest of the undead leaderless.

At this point, if there is interest among three of us, we could expand it into a location that could support a series of adventures... roaming into the bizzare opening that has been discovered, fighting off a zombie hoard in the streets of Terena, learning more about the threat, killing Iyelle and finally the original adventure to finish off the Mournelord.

Angel, Mecha... by all means help! For one of you its your original city, for the other, its one of your creations that is forming the big bad. When we're done... I think I'll actually write it up into an adventure and we'll play through it.
Xeadin, in order for that flame to have that property, you will need to spend that amount of PP to create it.

How much PP does an Exarch have, then? Torvek did not create it.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

0 or 1, and the type of that 1 is set at creation.

As it stands right now, any one of us could snap his fingers and make the bomb dissapear, or that gateway you have earlier, or the primordials that don't exist yet. PP is what makes things go from fluff and illusion to reality in the game, and is expended by the player to actuate that effect.

In order for your artifact to operate as you desire, it would have to look like the following.

It would be a 3 PP artifact, that provides 1 PP denourish (the pillar of flame) that is automatically expended each turn unless another god spends 1 PP to deactivate the device for the turn. Destroying the artifact permanantly would be 3 PP, the same cost as it took to create it in the first place.

Once again, I urge you to read over the rules on the wiki: lordsofcreation.wikia.com . It will tell you much of what you need to know.
Ah, I see.

The mechanics of the LoC on spending PP is not detailed enough or is confusing in the Wiki...

In the next LoC, we should probably work on defining the rules for spending PP more clearly for newcomers to know what to do, instead of making fluff up. I'm having a hard time searching for what I need on the Wiki.

[EDIT]: Okay- a second glance pieces a lot of things together now- Exarches have 1pp, but they can use your pp as well...

Hmm. Torvek's gonna have a hard time with Corelloth now...

Wait! If they can use your character's pp, then can they use that for their Combat Bonus?
... Or is that a misunderstanding?

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

I think the rules on the wiki are fairly straightforward. I don't think many other people have had too many problems with the rules.

Anyway, welcome back Meph (I like to shorten everyone's names to 1 or 2 syllables) nice to see you haven't vanished

I'm working on stats for Iyelle. Could you post the LoC version of the vampire template for me, Shadow. Or is it the same as in the DMG?
Resident generic resident.
Sign In to post comments