Lords of Creation 2 (In Character) (Thread 2)

400 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turn 49 begins now. 12,250 years have elapsed since the beginning of existence.

PP Refresh
8 - Veros
7 -
6 - Xirinet, Vymrl, Shurka, Mara, Hensen Jijou,
5 - Kiptar, Nixis, Eijra, Hammu, Chroma
4 - Azor-Chapien, Starl, Honissia

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
A ripple of agony ran through Vymrl's being. The god spasmed beneath the oceans, sending shock waves rippling through the murky waters. The new part of him, the Aberration Within, twisted and tore, seeking to mix its otherness with the rest of his essence. The god howled again, shuddering. Then, Vymrl surrendered. His inner defenses crumbling, the torrent of aberrant power coursed through him, and receded.

The slightest alteration of his physical form had taken place, everything about him seemed a little slurred, but nothing more. Rising from the depths, Vymrl returned to the world.

The god sought, however, another tool. He slipped into Tamurung, now protected by both the Shroud of Veros and the Ex-Temporal Shell, and began work. Utilizing his dominion of Time, the god called the echoes of his convulsions from assimilating the aberrant taint back into the world. He quickly trapped them, distilling the minuscule amount of taint that he had thrown off, and solidified the substance.

From the essence of the plane, he called forth a raging inferno, melting and searing the taint until it liquefied. Into this substance Vymrl poured power, pure and undiluted, filling it with his yearning. To mortal minds, this would drive them to follow his will, or comprehend mysteries previously beyond their ken. To any who resisted the artifacts pull, flickers of agony would dance within their minds, ceasing only when they followed the Grand Marshall of War. Vymrl called this new instrument the Glistening Agony.
----------

Across the world, Beholders, Aboleths, and Saughahin felt a call. Following it, the pull, the feeling of weird otherworldly-ness, the horrors, the aberrations of the world grouped together in center of the ocean. Their, these Exemplars of Insanity raised a great city, the metropolis of Sarakesh.

PP
3PP-Create Artifact: Glistening Agony (Guide)
1PP-Guide Populous: Aboleths- Worship Vymrl and congregate in the center of the ocean.
1PP-Guide Populous: Saughahin-(See above)
1PP-Guide Populous: Beholders-(See Above)
1PP (Ssabrec)- Nourish Populous: Sarakesh

((OOC: I'm grouping Beholders, Saughahin and Aboleths into one nation, that of Sarakesh))
Hensen went back to the palace of Xa'an, his mind focused again on Eye of the Pantheon, fully absorbed by its visions.

PP & OOC

4 PP - Given to Vymrl
1 PP - Given to Shurka.
Aether Ripples Guide PP - Given to Help Mechalibur.
1 PP - Given to Hammu
Bloodstone Mold PP - Given to Hammu.
Wondermaker Create PP - Given to Chapien
1 PP - Nourish (from Bloodstones) - Drakhorn.

All the artifact points should count toward my max expenditure for the turn
Goodbye and Have Fun in these few days when I'm off
The planet was hollow, something it had been for untold millenias, a thin crust separating one inner and one outer world.
Earth was meant to be one. To be solid, to be united, to not be disfigured by two horrible holes...but things would change..

The inner world begun to shrink as new earth, rock, minerals and stone was shaped and pushed, oceans and exisiting landmass in front of it. This process took nearly a century and was barely noticed by the local population.

Shape Land 5 PP: Creating more mass in the inner parts of the world. In consequence the Inner world gets smaller.
The ruins of Old Terena were home to a variety of strange and dark creatures. Any person who entered this area was never seen again. What happened within the darkness of these ruins was a mystery to the citizens of the Terenean States, but they seemed blissfully unaware of it.

Vampires had lived in the shadows of Terena for a long time. The ruins had been the perfect location for them to stay hidden. Vampires nearly as old and Drevan were present in the ruins. Their numbers swelled whenever a foolish gnome or humite would enter their ruins to find out what really resided within.

PP Use
1 PP [+1 Eorna] - Nourish Populace x2 - Vampires have large numbers in the ruins of Old Terena.

(OOC: I sure do a lot of actions that don't help my PP gain at all)
Resident generic resident.
Azor'Chapien was once again in his fortress at Azora, looking on his now-larger island. His worshippers were growing in number, yet maybe the Azorans weren't enough. Sure, they were chivalrous followers of the Code, yet the only followed that one aspect of the Code. There was another side of the Code, a side of Honor and Warriors, isntead of Chivalry and Justice.

Thus, in the large network of tunnels beneath the surface of Azora, a new race came into being. They were like dragons, yet they were like people as well... they were the Dragonborn.

There society was based entirly around a code of Honor. Unlike the Azoran code, one was not measured by status of birth, but by their skill as a warrior. While an Azoran lord is born into his position, a Dragonborn must earn his position, and even a Dragonborn of the lowest birth could find himself a king.

Deep below the Azoran capital of Valden, another, underground city was carved from the rock directly below the city. Here was the capital of the underground Dragonborn kingdom, much like its aboveground twin.

PP
1 + 1 Shape PP (from Topheh's late donation): The Dragonborn are created and live beneath the surface of Azora.
1 PP Guide Populace: The Dragonborn worship Azor'Chapien.
1 PP Guide Populace: The Dragonborn form a government based around Honor and strength of Arms.
1 PP Guide Populace: A large amount of Dragonborn move beneath the city of Valden and build a city of there own, unaware of the Azorans living above them.
From a deep, long slumber, Torvek found himself on the stone slab atop of his home. Dolestre was sound asleep on the ground near the slab. Hondala was seen hovering just above the ground in front of Torvek.

"Had a good night sleep, Torvek?" Hondala asks. She gives a quiet giggle.

Torvek yawns. "Wow- that was some nap. I don't remember what happened last, but I'm glad to be home." He looks around, and focuses on Dolestre's sleeping body. He shoves her lightly with a nudge. "Hey, sis- wake up."

"You don't remember? Hmm... how unfortunate..." Hondala laughs.

"Huh? What's so funny?" Torvek stares at Hondala in confusion. He scratches his head.

Hondala rolls over on the floor. "You should check out your face!" Hondala rises up to Torvek's eye level, and turns into a brilliantly solid surface that reflected Torvek's face. Scribbled on his face are black markings that outline his scales, and some outline a pair of spectacles.

Torvek gasps. "AAAAAH!!! What did you do to me!??"

Hondala assumes her amorphous form and starts bawling with laughter as she rolls along the floor. Dolestre opens her eyes from all of the commotion.

"Okay- what's going on with you two?" Dolestre stands up with her arms crossed over.

Torvek turns around and points at his face. "Look at what Hondala did to my face while I was sleeping!"

Dolestre studies it for a moment. She smiles and starts laughing along with Hondala. Torvek looks at the two. "O-kay...?"
-----------------------

Corelloth studies the Chaos for a moment, as she stares down at the huge gateway that has strange formations already circling around it. Elementals of all sorts come around the gateway- hoping to unleash their fury upon the mortal worlds on the other side.

She smirks. "I've been waiting for this to happen. I shall prepare the components needed to open the gateway as soon as possible." She thinks for a moment. "But first, I must take care of a few things before I let myself go do my thing- I must first distract the gods somehow, as to not spoil my plans. I shall keep this doorway concealed until I'm ready." She turns to the Gateway looming below her. "I must ask you a favor, my sweetie- I do not want anyone to see you at the moment while I'm away, so that my plans don't go awry." The Gateway speaks. "I SHALL HIDE MYSELF FROM YOUR ENEMIES, AS YOU COMMAND. BUT BE QUICK ABOUT IT- I GROW TIRED OF WAITING."

"Consider it done, then." Corelloth summons her spear, and she disappears from the Chaos. The Gateway crackles with energy, and molds itself into the contours of the environment- it is now invisible.

Resident Paladin of Insane Imaginations

PbP Haven Group (Relocated) & My Groups
If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Heroes' Last Stand; Worlds Abroad; City of Ruins
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Fable [4e] (Karinna, Dragonborn Warlord -- Lv. 1)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)
City of Ruins [Kobold City] (Karnat Lightsoul, Kobold Cleric -- Lv. 1)
City of Ruins [Frozen Citadel] (Xeadin, Human Paladin -- Lv. 1)

Mirthomir (Enara Harpsong, Eladrin Wizard -- Lv. 1)
Last Breaths of Ashenport (Malkary Runestone, Goliath Runepriest -- Lv. 8)
D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

D&D Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over time, the sentience that was the City of Gears had stayed the same. Collecting the knowledge that was contained in the Crystals that were used to store and transmit information, it still remained sentient in a very small way, hardly aware at all.

Then this changed. Bursts of power unseen ran through its mind, awakening it, expanding its sentience, giving it new thoughts and new horizons. Those few artificers who happened to be communing with it were shocked out by the rush of power. It would take a long time to determine what had happened, as the new sentience was still unsure of itself, and was reclusive.

Among the things that the sentience had discovered was the magic that ran through it and its shapeable nature. Guided by something beyond its ken, used this power to reach out, explore beyond the boundaries of the city. It found two other cities like it, inhabited by the same people. As soon as it did, brilliant links of power flashed between them and it. Space twisted, and changed shape, bringing the cities into alignment.

Show

3 pp: Create Artifact(Greater)(Gear of Creation): The City of Gears becomes fully sentient, and gains the ability to move people between itself, Aether Home, and Far Home. Its sentience also begins to spread to include these cities.
1 pp: Nourish Populace(Gears): Iron State grows stronger.
Premptive PP

Giving 1 PP to Chapien (retroactively) for the creation of the dragonborn.

Once more, Convincer fell to his knees as the laughter overwhelmed him, pounding against the inside of his head as he felt the staff of earth go warm once more. As he slipped into unconciousness, his last thought was that he needed to talk to Nixis about this.
~~~~~~~~~~
Below Terena, A shape materialized over the Mournelord's trapped form. hazy and insubstancial, it gazed down upon the vampires which had formed his inner circle.

"Report on the progress of your work."

One of the vampires bowed.

"Your fortress is complete, and many of our number are rallying to train in the arts of defense to hold this place against any invader. What shall we do next, Mournelord?"

SSarok looked down at the vampire before him.

"Now? We turn our gaze back above to those who banished me here, and whose blood I know you long for. Soon, soon we will have our revenge!"

The Vampires bowed and left the room, and the Mournelord's projection dissipated back into nothingness.

Elsewhere in the city, the iron-entombed heads of those killed by the Mournelord still stood in silent testimony to their slaughter. One by one, ghostly skulls detached themselves from their mortal counterparts, and floated upwards, turning into massive hordes of skulls driven insane by the pain and depravity of their deaths. They roamed the outer edges of the city, searching for the living to exact their revenge upon... for the simple crime of still being alive.

PP

1 PP: From Staff of Earth: Mold Land: Create a dirt and stone castle for the Mornelord's body.
1+1 PP: From Convincer: Guide Populace (lesser): Vampires learn Warden class
2 PP: Spawn Creature (paragon): Abyssal Skull Hordes, formed from the entombed heads of those killed at the Mournelord's orders. See below for stats.

And with this, at least for me, Old Terena as an adventure site is ready to go. All we need to start is some overzealous humite who wants a bigger basement to break through into the underground, and we'll be golden. Assume various creepy things have been happening in town, but nothing to reach the level of a denourish.

Iyelle had unlived for millenia. Most humites had thought she was dead after the vampires had attacked Rathali, but Drevan would not allow her to find any freedom in death. She had hid among the ruins of Rathali for many years, until the ruins of Old Terena had called to her. She was an incredibly talented invoker, but she now used her divine connection to serve darker purposes. She performed gruesome experiments on makeshift altars.

Her first experiments were called flesh puppets. First she would capture other humites, and kill them with her magic. This method of killing left their body intact for her work. She would then cut the body open, and fill it with an explosive alchemical substance. She then used a vile ritual to animate the bodies. Any major damage to them would cause the substance to explode. She called them flesh puppets.

Her next experiment involved stripping her enemies of their shadows. It was an interesting idea she had, and her dark magics allowed it to work. She would kidnap any creatures that roamed near the ruins, and use a special spell that would kill them, but keep their shadow alive. These shadows caused mental damage to their opponents with just a touch. Iyelle called these shadowspawn

PP Use
3 PP [+1 Bloodvine] - Spawn creature (paragon) x2 - Created flesh puppets and shadowspawn

OOC
Shadow might be the only person still playing that remembers Iyelle (maybe Wyld, too). Anyway, to Topheh: Are you planning on Old Terena being a heroic, paragon, or epic adventure? I want to know so I can adjust how much I spend on them
OOC/Mecha

Paragon. Probably mid-paragon.
OOC
Remember her, I do.That doesremind meof something I need to work on tonight.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Corelloth ends up in Azora, as she looks around.

"Cursed island of infatuating light- I'll show these hooligans a thing or two!" She conjures up a small ball of violet flame, and lays it on top of the sand. "Once a full day has gone by... Boom! This island will be scorched- it's my way of sending a warning!" She laughs, and she disappears into purple flames.

PP expenditure (Corelloth)
1pp- Create (Flame Pillar)- The flame pillar is in its first stage of activation; It needs the presence of a stronger god to activate.

Remaining PP- 0

--------------------

Torvek stands just before a fountain, washing his face off while Hondala continues rolling all over the floor- coughing up bouts of giggles. He looks up at the mirror, and notices that the markings have washed away.

"There we go." He turns toward Hondala. "Okay- you have some explaining to do!"

Hondala stops giggling. "What? All I needed was a little fun time for myself while you were sleeping away on that stone slab."

Torvek glares at her. "This is not the time, Hondala! We have a serious problem in our hands, and you're supposed to be our relay!"

Hondala replies. "You never told me to go away from you- ever!"

Torvek steps back, as he heard Hondala's reply. "I... didn't? Oh- oops... Well, you know that that was not necessary anyways."

Dolestre steps into the room. "Torvek, Hondala- come here and check this out."

"Huh? What's going on?" Torvek and Hondala follow Dolestre out into the balcony outside. A small telescope lays on the railing at the edge of the balcony.

Dolestre points out in front of her. "Look over there and tell me what you think. I just saw this purple light on the edge of Azora's shoreline."

Torvek takes the telescope and looks in that direction. "It's... a purple fla... Corelloth was just there." He exclaims. He looks over to Hondala. "I need you to investigate what that flame down there is doing. If anything happens, come straight back here- got it?"

"Got it!" Hondala disappears in a flash to Azora.

If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

((OOC: I'd be happy to add to Old Terena if you want))

S'kre drifted into the Far Realms upon his master's orders. Illithids, the creatures he had been sent to find, wandered across the plane. Laughing, the exarch shattered the memories and shifted them into the Prime. They would believe themselves a new race. Soon, the squid-men formed a nation, calling it Ossen.
-----------

The Drakhorn flourished.

PP
3PP-Guide Populous, Greater: Illithids migrate to material plane, form Ossen, worship Vymrl
1PP-Nourish Populous: Drakhorn
As the winds creaked through the huge trees branches, it finally seemed to creak back. Roots thick as a full grown tree writhed and twined in the dirt as the tree became aware once more. Instead of the time of it's birth, it was now merely awakening from a great slumber, the huge tree reached out with it's consciousness. It knew it had been sleeping for some time, and it wished to know what had changed since it began it's rest.
As the winds creaked through the huge trees branches, it finally seemed to creak back. Roots thick as a full grown tree writhed and twined in the dirt as the tree became aware once more. Instead of the time of it's birth, it was now merely awakening from a great slumber, the huge tree reached out with it's consciousness. It knew it had been sleeping for some time, and it wished to know what had changed since it began it's rest.

OOC
Umm, are you new here, Lord Mephistopheles? Because if you are, then you need to create a character first...

... Unless I didn't check the Active or Inactive lists...

[EDIT]: Just checked the lists- you're good! :D You just need to let ff6shadow know that you're gonna post in the IC thread by PMing him.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

OOC

Xeadin, let the admins handle any new players that show up or old players that return. We're more than capable of monitoring the threads.

Welcome back, Mephistopheles, glad to see life is getting saner for you

Also, lets try to limit the number of OOC-only posts that are made in the IC thread. We do, in fact, have an entire thread devoted to OOC :D

Nixis pondered what to do next, when he realized he hadn't talked to Azor'Chapien in some time. He set off for Azora, hoping to find his friend there.
Azor'Chapien was once again sitting in his mountain-fortress, looking down from Azora. From here, he could practically see the whole island. Then, he sensed another god coming.... his friend Nixis.

Azor'Chapien sat down and awaited his friend in his fortress.
Hondala appeared in Azora, examining the small ball of purple flame.

"Huh- that's weird..." She splashes a little bit of water on it- the water evaporates before it could even touch the flames. "Huh?" She looks at it in confusion, and she tries to put it out with her mass. The flames burn her as she inches close to it. "Ow ow ow OWWWWW!" She floats around frantically, and she dives into the water. The pain stops. "Ahhh... that feels good... What in the world is this flame?"
--------------------

Corelloth appears in Beacon, as she examies the various buildings. "Hmm- Hammu should be careful about the construction of the ground, but I think I'll leave this place unscathed... for now..." She smirks, and once again she disappears.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

On Chukwa's back, the citizens of Diaspora, unsure as to what the response of the Ae-Sylvani would be, prepared for a possible battle, fortifying their city and stockpiling food and water. Chukwa saw the Fly-Speed approaching and cautiously allowed them to continue, gesturing with a flipper towards his back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nixis arrived before Azor'Chapien.

"Hi, Azor'Chapien. I was flying over the world and noticed that the grey wastes still exist and are full of undead. Destroying the Grey Wastes will be difficult, but I propose that we join forces to create defenses surrounding its blight, and hopefully, one day, find a way to destroy it."

Nixis pulled out the Astral Shard and began channeling power into it. In a few seconds, a mace floated before him.

"For the effort, I give one of your champions this mace, the Mace of Deanimation. It will be very useful in fighting off the Undead Hordes."

Nixis pulled off a bit of his energy and left it floating in the air beforeAzor'Chapien

"I must go for a time. Feel free to use this energy as you see fit."

With that, Nixis darted out the window and to the north...

PP

1 PP (From Chukwa): Nourish Populace: Children of the Aether prepare for a possible war.
1 PP (From Astral Shard): Create Artifact(lesser): Mace of Deanimation. Mace that deals extra damage to undead.
1 PP left for the first taker [Have to run, don't have time to spend the last PP]
Veros finally left his island, seeking out Nixis. He ndded to speak to him, and last he had heard, the god had been heading for Azora. Arriving there, he made his way to the fortress of Azor'Chapien, to greet the god as was proper before searching his dominion.

"Greetings, Azor'Chapien. I trust I am not distrubing you. I was searching for Nixis, and last I heard, he was heading here."

Noticing the mace, he coughed slightly. "An unusual weapon. Designed to combat undead, correct? Not nearly potent enugh for your own personla use though. What do you intend to do with it?"

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
The Terenean States continued to grow and prosper.

PP Use

2 PP [+1 Eorna] - Nourish populace x3 - Terenean states.
The Rakshasa and other members of The Well grow in number, accepting into their ranks even more of the wilder residents of the Underdark. More Illithid joined the city, bring with them the knowledge of sorcery and mind-magic. Rakshasa scouts ventured periodically through the portals in the Place Between Places into the wider world, bringing knowledge of places bitterly cold and places surrounded by water- even of places near where they had met their Deva enemies cowering among the humans and eladrin. But now... now those same lived in the place beyond the portal, and both Rabi and Fang forbad combat within its limits. All other places were free for fighting, but the Place Between Places would remain peaceful- for now.

PP

1PP Guide: Illithid join The Well in greater numbers
2PP Guide Populace: The Well learns the Psion class
2PP Guide Populace: The Well develops the art of fortification
+1PP (The Code) Guide Populace: Through "cultural contact" in the Place Between Places, The Well learns Combat Tactics from the Deva.
+1PP (Ahura the Reborn) Nourish Land: The Underdark blooms with phosphorecent life. Near the entry to the Place Between Places, some edible plants are found and cultivated.
Bring Gleemax Back. Even as a failure, it was better than this. http://community.wizards.com/durdur
Azor'Chapien nodded and took up both the mace and the energy left behind by Nixis.

---

Azor'Chapien smiled and said, "No Veros, you aren't interrupting. As for Nixis... you just missed him. He gave me this mace, in fact."

Frowning in thought, he looked upon the mace and said, "Yes, it is made for combating Undead.... Nixis gave it to me so we might combat the horrors of the Gray Wastes. I plan on giving it either to my chosen champion, Eon, or to hide it away and wait for some hero to find it. I think I'll choose the former."

With a snap, Azor'Chapien summoned Eon to his presence. Eon protested and said, "Hey, I was having fun!" Then, he noticed Veros and said, "Um... who is he, then?"
He nodded. "Ah. That is a bit dissapointing. As for combating the undead, I have had an opportunity to study the Gray Wastes some. More than simply a weapon will be required. Perhaps I could offer you something imbued with my own power for your champion, in exchange for a bit of power to do it with."

-----

The Azorans that fell prey to the corrupting influence of the gray wastes always reanimated into undead, but the unforgiving land had developed a new and potent hell for them, and the azoran knights were the chosen victims.

Thos who fell would find themselves awakened and bonded with their weapons, destined for an eternity of crimes and murder, aware of their actions but unable to control themselves. As time passed, they would learn to induct willing members into their ranks by means of a ritual, but that time was the future. This was the now, and thus did the first death knights walk the world, sewing chaos, death, and discord.

-----

Bolstored by azoran laborers bartered for, the ruins of Celeron in the center of the Gray Wastes were expanded. Rather than simply repair the ancient structures and tunnels, they were expanded upona and enhanced, using knowledge drawn from their dwarven members.

-----

The mighty creature moved swiftly through the night, unseen by the ignorant mortals living in their city so far below. As he circled, moving ever closer, he called to mind the ritual he had developed to make it a simple matter to move among them as necessary.

Finally, he settled to the ground, taking the form of a gaunt almost skeletal mortal. He could feel it, far below, an impressive source of necrtoci energies. Moving along, he entered the tunnels below, searching and seeking. Eventually, he thought, this could be a useful place tomove my hoard, where the others wouldn't look.

Ariganx the Corrupter slipped into the depths of old Terena, searching for a suitablelair for a dracolich to call home.

PP Expenditures
1 PP (Artifact) - Nourish Populace - Celeron
1 PP + 1 PP (Artifact) - Spawn Template - Death Knight

OOC
Sorry, had a hospital run to make. Working on the refresh as we speak.

As for the dracolich, it's fluff. There is no population of them living in Old Terena, just a single one, independant from the Mournelord. It may or may not be useful to the place as an adventuring site.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Azor'Chapien said, "Very well."

With that, he transfered the energy Nixis had given him to Veros.

----

PP
Transfer 1 PP to Veros
He smiled as he looked at the bloodstones, all carefully segregated and sealed away, prevented from modifying the workshop. Veros had made a mistake. The river was temporarily open. He stepped into the river, washing along it's currents wildly, bursting forth in the Place Between Places. Gripping his staff tightly, he went invisible, passing unseen among the inhabitants as he used it's portals to finally return to the prime.

As he winced in the sunlight, an ageless reflex he has never quite gotten rid of, he looked out over the world. He still held incredible power. He lay out the runes, and activated the teleportation circle, finally returning to his homeland.

Still invisible to the hapless fools all around him, he moved to the darkest depths of Celeron, where none had reached, where he had left his own experiment. A new form of undead he had never had the time to unleash on the world. A spirit forced into the body, and fused once more, flesh and spirit united, but in a way never intended by any god.

Hre raised his staff, and moan in extasy as the divine power he still held flooded through him, finally breathing life into these unhol abominations. At his hands, bodaks now hunted the living.

-----

The earth fought to collapse and grow inward on itself, to consume the hollow spehre within it. It sought to be whole and unified, but the dimension bulwark had been built with this posibility in mind. Even as new land fought to squeeze and eliminate the inner sphere, the dbulwark pulled and shifted it. The struggling new land, instead of shriking the inner sphere, was instead distributed across the oceans, forming numberous undersea mountain ranges.

-----

The intense power that had been focused and conjured to create Novindus lingered in the air long after Veros had left it. Undirected, it sought purpose in and around the continent. Eventually if found it. Latching onto a dragonflying high above the new land, it warped and twisted the creature, divinding it into many lesser copies of itself. But the power was uncontrolled, wielded without precisionor care, and each copy became less and less like the original, until at last they were completely unrecognizable as what they had once been.

The power dispersed, these new born creatures awoke in a new world, seen through the filter of eyes that had once soared the skies and wielded incredible power, but housed in the body of landlocked creatures. These were the first kobolds.

-----

Veros grasped the power he had been given, molding it into a new shape. The power began to glow white hot with power, it's illumination brightening the room, blinding them all.

When the light failed, a suit chainmail forged of an unknown metal floated in the air before them, it's form seeming to shift and waver in the light as it sparkled.

"The Radiant Armor. It's wearer should prove very resilient against attacks originating from undead. He, as well as allies in the immediate vicinity, should also be shielded from the effects of the Gray Wastes. It is a treasure worth a king's ransom and more."

PP Expenditures
2 PP + 1 PP (Artifact) - Mold Land (Greater) - Instead of the polar openings and/or inner sphere shrinking, numberous undersea mountain ranges form across the world.
2 PP - Mold Land (Moderate) - Instead of the polar openings and/or inner sphere shrinking, numberous undersea mountain ranges form across the world.
3 PP - Shape Populace (Moderate) - Bodaks
2 PP - Shape Populace (Lesser) - Kobolds
1 PP (Artifact) - Create Artifact (Lesser) - Radiant Armor

-----

Turn 50 begins now. 12,500 years have elapsed since the beginning of existence.

PP Refresh
8 - Veros
7 -
6 - Xirinet, Vymrl, Shurka, Mara, Hensen Jijou,
5 - Kiptar, Nixis, Eijra, Hammu, Chroma
4 - Azor-Chapien, Starl, Honissia, Jormundrasil, Torvek

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Iron State learned of a great concentration of energy that matched the undead that were so common in their society. Curiously, it was underneath New Terena, where what was left of Old Terena would be. for they knew of no thing that would cause this, so they decided to find out. As a result, a large expedition set forth, with all the supplies to create a settlement, as well as some of their own undead minions, to experiment with, and to perform menial tasks. Traveling by airship, they set down about a days march away from the New Terena. There they set up the town, as well as sending diplomatic advances to New Terena.

Show

1 pp: Guide populace(Lesser)(City of Gears): Iron state sends forth a expedition to Old Terena.
2 pp: 2 * Guide Populace(Lesser): Expedition begins exploring the terrain and atempting to find ways underground into Old Terena. In addition, they extend diplomatic advances to New Terena, hoping to use the city to search through, and for more ways underground.
1 pp: Nourish populace(Gears): Expedition armors itself against undead attacks, and grows a bit larger.

My contribution. If we save anything, lets save this adventure site. It is amazing.
4 - Azor-Chapien

OOC
Still? Really? 4?
Inside the Drahkorn asteroid, a new cult arose. Calling themselves the Sundered Fist, they fanatically adhered to the worship of Vymrl. As this prevented their re-incarnation, they became accomplished in the arts of necromancy, seeking to extend their lives unnaturally. Isolated from the world below them, the Sundered Fist developed an artifact that would allow them to seek out powerful undead, seeking to learn their secrets.

With this artifact, called the Grisly Spiral, a massive construct of bone and flesh, the Sundered Fist came into contact with a powerful entity that called itself the Mourner. He claimed to have been imprisoned, bound by his enemies far below the earth. If the Drakhorn could free him, then he would teach them the secrets of eternal life.
-----------

The Ossen sought to expand their reach. To this end, they began a network of tunnels. Within a few years, however, they broke into a larger network, the Underdark. Intrigued by this new discovery, Illithids poured into the Underdark, seeking to discover what lay within it.
-----------

Sarakesh, teeming with all manner of blasphemous and aberrant creatures flourished, and its inhabitants learned the nature of grafts.
-----------

In Old Terena, Ssarosk knew the vulnerability of his new servitors to the magic of the divine. To combat this, he drew upon the knowledge of his old days as a Mournelord, privy to secret plots and theories developed by the magus of the Academy Dominus. So, to combat this threat, he replicated the Quell.

Formed of frozen, tormented spirits, each one of these creatures surrounded itself in a field of its own special brand of power, capable of shearing the link between a god and their servitor. Ssarosk's abilities as a necromancer were limited, however, so the Quell possessed no intelligence. As the creatures made little threat to most undead, he cast the monsters in great numbers out into Old Terena, ready to rend the flesh from any foolhardy invader.

Furthering his work, he bound several more spirits to quantities of Madan Ooze that he had brought with him from the frigid seas of Asem. These oozes lurked in the farthest corners of Old Terena, making themselves into the images of their prey.

PP
1PP-Create Artifact: Grisly Spiral
1PP (Artifact)-Guide Populous, Lesser: Drakhorn come into contact with Mournelord Ssarosk.
1PP-Guide Populous, Lesser: Illithids begin to explore Underdark
1PP-Mold Land, Lesser: Illithids create Deep Passage to Underdark
2PP-Guide Populous, Greater: Exemplars of Insanity learn grafting
1PP (Ssabrec)- Nourish Populous: Sarakesh
1PP- Nourish Populous: Ossen found Mondler
1PP- (Artifact) Spawn Beast, Heroic: Madan Oozes
Corelloth reappears in Azora, looking for her flame that she had conjured. She notices the bright ball of light near it. "Oh, you infernal rodent! Get away! Shoo!" She soos off Hondala, and Hondala replies.

"Aah! Who are you?"

"Oh... you speak?" Corelloth raises one eybrow. "Well- pardon my manners, little one- I am Corelloth- master of the Dark depths, controller of the soon- to- be elemental armies. And who might you be?"

Hondala hesitates. "Um... Hondala...?" She sudders.

Corelloth glances. "You need not be afraid, Hondala- I'm just here to admire the beauty of this island. This here is my campfire."
OOC
She's a dirty liar... :P

"Well, no wonder- it just about burned me to a crisp!" Hondala inquires.

Corelloth laughs. "Well... it's like old times- never play with fire!"

"Obviously..." Hondala says. "Well, I've got to go- my master's getting worried about me..."

"Okay. Stay warm." Corelloth smirks.

And with that, Hondala disappears. Corelloth mutters to herself, "Wretched ball of light! Torvek should know better than that!"
--------------------

Hondala reappears at the temple. "Torvek! Torvek! Corelloth came back to Azora!"

Torvek and Dolestre look at each other. "Really? Let's go get her then!" Torvek and Dolestre arm themselves, and fly out to Azora.

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Enoch sat in an unused storeroom of the Loremaster's keep.

"So, Chastelli,", he asked into the air, "Is everything going according to plan?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Babble, a contingent of adventurous gnomes set out for the south, skirting the grey wastes and heading for the ocean. After a long journey, they arrived, making a home at the south-easternmost tip of the continent, near the location where the Defense Coalition had fled. They called their new settlement Shipshome, for that is from where they would build ships to travel the world. Nodding in satisfaction, Convincer headed back towards the Grey Wastes for his next project...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thin strip of unpolluted land rose up from the depths of the ocean to provide a barrier between the grey wastes and the ocean itself. Convincer lowered the Staff of Earth. Finally, it would appear that the Staff of Earth had resumed its former function, and Convincer himself had recovered from whatever malaise had befallen him for all these years. He looked up to see Nixis himself floating high above the Grey Wastes, pondering what to do next about this blight on the surface of the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the Yogloids continued to divide, a problem arose, one that Chukwa and Nixis, for all their wisdom, had not thought of. While most of the resources of the Children were taken care of... Water through rituals, sustenance and shelter from the trees... Air was something that could not be replaced, and as the original colony split into further and further sub-colonies, the situation became more and more dire as the layer of air surrounding the Yogloid colonies grew thinner and thinner. All hope seemed lost, until someone remembered the Xarns, able to convert Air to Aether and back again. Back when the Yogloids had been covered in air, they had been a horrible pest, depleting the atmosphere. Now, they found a different purpose. The Children domesticated the Xarns, using them both in giant farms to attempt to reverse the depletion of the air, as well as using immature Xarns as gills by sticking them around their noses and allowing them to provide the air-breathers with enough oxygen to survive. It was a hellish existence, but at least it wasn't death.

PP

1 PP: from Convincer: Guide Populace (lesser): Some gnomes head south and found the town of Shipshome.
2 PP: 1 from Staff of Earth: Mold Land (moderate): Strip of land about 10 miles across surrounds the Grey Wastes
2 PP: Guide Populace (moderate): Children of the Aether learn to domesticate Xarns, using them to survive as their air begins to run out.
Azor'Chapien took the Radiant Armor and gave it to Eon. Eon frowned and said, "What's this all about, anyway?"

Azor'Chapien said, "Well, if you really want to know, you're going to the Gray Wastes shortly, as soon as Nixis returns."

Eon said, with a hint of fear in his voice, "Oh..."

Turning to Veros, Azor'Chapien said, "I will return shortly. There is something I must do."

----

Azor'Chapien moved deeper into his fortress, and found what he was looking for. Back when he had forged his sword, he had used essence from the Astral Sea. A bit of that essence remained here. Taking the essence, he used it to forge another artifact, only instead of a weapon, a shield. After all, he was the living embodiment of knighthood, and knights used shields. The shield was a silvery color, and then, using the finest blue pigment, the silver was covered in Azor'Chapien's favored color, blue. On the blue field was a golden Fleur-de-Leis, the holy symbol of Azor'Chapien.

----

He then returned to Veros, shield in his left hand.

PP
3 PP Create Artifact (Greater): The Aegis of Azora is created, generating 1 Nourish PP per turn.
Nixis returned to Azora, ducking through the window and arriving before Azor'Chapien and Veros

"Hello again, Azor'Chapien. Hello Veros. And hello to you too, Eon. The mace suits you."

Nixis swirled into humanoid form and leaned back against a wall, looking at Eon and judging his strength versus the grey expanses that awaited him.

"But if we are going to do something about the Grey Wastes, I think we'll need more than just a mace and some chainmail. If we are to make Eon truly our exemplar in battle, we should provide him with all the benefits he might need. A shield, A helmet, boots... things like that. Does this sound acceptable to the rest of you?"
Azor'Chapien nodded and said, "Yes Nixis, that would be a very good idea."

Eon still seemed a little scared and said, "You- you're really going to send me to the Gray Wastes? Already?"

Azor'Chapien sighed and said, Yes, Eon. Don't worry, you'll be fine... probably."

----

Meanwhile, below Mount Chapien, a metal known as gold began to appear deep below the mountain, between the Dragonborn city and the Azoran city.

PP
1 PP Nourish Land: Gold appears below Mount Chapien
"Well then, I bestow upon you the Helm of the Sun and the Surefooted Boots. May the one light your way in the darkness and the other keep you on your feet in the mists."

Nixis tossed some power to Azor'Chapien.

"There. Now, lets see what you can do."

PP

1 PP: From Astral Shard: Create Artifact (lesser): Helm of the Sun. Winged helmet that provides the wearer with darkvision and can burst with the radiance of the sun once per day.
1 PP: Create Artifact (lesser): Surefooted Boots. Wearer ignores difficult terrain.
1 PP given to Azor'Chapien.
In the great Azoran city of Valden, the Azorans began to mine beneath the mountain for gold.

PP
1 PP Guide Populace: The Azorans begin to mine gold.
Both Torvek and Dolestre fly through the Skyway River, and onto Azora, where Corelloth sits in wait.

"Aha! I've been waiting for this moment..." She smirks, as Torvek and Dolestre land on the island with a thud- wepons on hand.

"Now we can end this little game of charades!" Torvek smiles, as he rears to attack.

"Not so fast, darling!" Corelloth pulls an unusual move, and with a quick flick of her wrist, a spark of purple lightning shoots out- straight a Torvek. It hits it mark, and saps his powers. "You didn't expect that now, did you?"

Torvek falls over, weakened from the attack. "Torvek!"

Before Dolestre could reach Torvek, Corelloth flaps her wings and pushes both of them out towards the water. "Now, I shall continue what is planned!" She uses the stolen energy, and the small flame on the sand erupts into a fury of violet energy, that seems to expand rapidly towards the main town. All of a sudden, the energy roars upward into a spiraling pillar- towards the Skyway River.

Corelloth appears from the roaring energy. "Let this be a lesson to both of you- if you tend to try and ruin my plans, I shall have both of your heads! Mark my words!" And with that, she disappears in a ball of violet flame.

"Oh, no... Torvek..." She sets her knees down on the sand, and holds Torvek close to her- tears running down her eyes. Torvek struggles to regain his energy. She gets up, and looks on to the roaring pillar of dark energy. "I must see to Azor_Chapien immediately!" She flies to the direction of Azor_Chapien, with Torvek in her grasp.

OOC
Corelloth basically just stole Torvek's power away from him to use it for activating the Dark Pillar

PP Expenditure (Torvek)
No actions
Remaining PP- 1

PP Expenditure (Corelloth)
3pp- Create Artifact (Greater)- Activate Dark Pillar

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

The Free Nations explorers finally manage to find the underdark rich veins of precious metals and stones, soon they begun to harvest them to feed their ever growing need for new materials.

Meanwhile the Free Nations merchant introduce the concept of coniage and economics in Azora, bringing Free Nations shields with them.

Back in Chillhund the Possessed Ones managed to increase the power of their gate and to channel a new legion of nightmarish horrors on the world.

Deep within the monastery of Nitha the warlocks finally manage to create vessels to allow the True Unshaped access to the world, in the form of impressive armor enchanted bloodstone and steel.

PP

1 PP Nourish - Free Nations (due to the new wealth coming from the Underdark Mining)
1 PP Guide - Azora learn Coniage and Economics.
4 PP - Nourish (1 from Bloodstones) - the Possessed ones number grows exponentially.
2 PP Guide (1 from Aether RIpples) - the Possessed ones learn how to create armor for themselves and the greater unshaped, allowing a freedom of mobility without their host.
1 PP Create (from the Wondermaker) - The Chillhund portal to the grand distortion is expanded.
1 PP - Mold Land (from Bloodstone), given to Angel of Night.
((Thankyou for the PP ))

Vymrl gleefully summoned the slight twist of power the Bloodstones had channeled to him and drove it into the earth.

In the hills surrounding Ssabrec, a thundering roar echoed and the earth began to collapse inward, opening a great pit, leading to the Underdark. The Senate immediately ordered an expedition of exploration, and named the new tunnel the Stairway of Giants.
------------

Having built opened the Underdark to his children, Vymrl embarked on a search for an artifact he knew to have been created long ago by the Empress. With her now silent, why should he not benefit. In the Palace of Xa'an, Vymrl found the Land Spike, laughing quietly, the god seized the artifact and carried it off to Tamurung.

PP
1PP (Nerd)- Mold Land, Lesser: Stairway of Giants
0PP- Claim Artifact: Land Spike

Fang felt the world shifting, and he felt, too, the forces shaping the shift into mountains and undersea valleys. He did what he could to maintain the balance, possibly even pushing too far as he did so.

----------

It was almost a common occurrence now, but the spectacle always awed the inhabitants of the Place between Places. The large portal slowly opened, but neither ocean spray nor blood came through. This time, it was bones. A heap of them collapsed onto the floor, seemingly inert. It was only much later that a human child carrying dice made from sheep knucklebones stumbled and fell against the heap and by doing so discovered the trick to using the new portal.

----------

Hammu sat for a long time, hoping to hear from the Lord of Life. After an age, it became apparent that no reply was forthcoming, and so he sighed to himself and set about his work alone. Too many of the troubles in the world were the results of the experiments of other gods, but he would set right some wrongs with his own "experiment".

Alone, he wandered the Grey Wastes, seeking the undead husks of great warriors. He studied them, and then went into the Farscape in search of their souls. These he gathered to himself and brought them to the Place Between Places. Tucked away beyond a fold of the plane, he conferred with Rabi at length as to how best to outfit souls with less... fragile bodies.

They settled on metal. Armor was one thing, but it had to be taken on and off- Rabi argued it was better to have a body completely of metal (thumping Hammu's armor shell as if to make his point). They forged them in the great lava lakes in the middle Underdark and imbued them with the essence of the storm that Mara had unleashed on Beacon so long ago. Hammu taught them Law, and sent them into the world to seek out injustice and imbalance and destroy them.

----------

He woke near a lake of fire. He learned in marble halls. He practiced against the best warriors of the land, and he debated with its foremost scholars. He matched himself against the best, and judged himself worthy to separate knowledge from foolishness, the just from the unjust and the good from the evil. He went in search of new challenges. Eventually, The Judge came to Terena.

+1PP (The Zenith) Create Artifact (lesser): A portal forms, linking the Place Between Places to the East coast of the Old Continent near Skypeak, Terena and the Grey Wastes.
+1PP (Fang the Delver) Mold Land (lesser): The Polar Opening enlarges slightly, creating more room for expansion in the core.
4PP Shape Populace (Greater): Maruts
+1PP (The Code) Guide Populace: Maruts worship Hammu
1PP Guide Populace: Maruts join the Place Between Places, making frequent raiding ventures into the Grey Wastes through the portal.

The Judge is a Marut Prosecutor (MM2). He's added to Terena as fluff for campaign usage if desired.

Bring Gleemax Back. Even as a failure, it was better than this. http://community.wizards.com/durdur