Avatar the Last Airbender: Elemental Heroes

342 posts / 0 new
Last post
Theoretically, if you were making the benders (air/earth/fire/waterbenders) as classes, what kind of paragon paths could you do for each?

I'm kind of stuck for ideas.
Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.
It really depends how far you can stretch the idea of paragon paths for each bender type.

Water has at least two distinct possibilities: Especially if they're a leader
A path more focused on healing, granted that your waterbender brew has healing at all... or a path the is pretty much a bloodbender; the whole controlling other people bits from third season ep 8. I could reasonably see a third part taking on more of the martial type, like an ice warrior bender or the like; but water is pretty expanded in terms of ideas.

Fire has maybe one or two: Striker style anyway...
The lightning adept style would be a good paragon path, as it's supposed to be something only master, or seasoned, or genius benders are supposed to do... but it's plausible as a feat which could be expanded via PP. Or since we see Zuko; which could be a multiclass firebender/ranger or whatever, have a paragon path that specializes in blending more martial styles...

Earth: Defender? Striker? controller?
I suppose metalbender or some such could be a decent path, though it'd be hard to differentiate effects and purpose between rock and metal really. Other than it being something akin to an anti-magic field for earthbenders...

Air: Striker? Controller?
Lost here. We don't see enough, save for avatars and low levels mooks which basically emulated aang. So I wouldn't know..
It really depends how far you can stretch the idea of paragon paths for each bender type.

Water has at least two distinct possibilities: Especially if they're a leader
A path more focused on healing, granted that your waterbender brew has healing at all... or a path the is pretty much a bloodbender; the whole controlling other people bits from third season ep 8. I could reasonably see a third part taking on more of the martial type, like an ice warrior bender or the like; but water is pretty expanded in terms of ideas.

Fire has maybe one or two: Striker style anyway...
The lightning adept style would be a good paragon path, as it's supposed to be something only master, or seasoned, or genius benders are supposed to do... but it's plausible as a feat which could be expanded via PP. Or since we see Zuko; which could be a multiclass firebender/ranger or whatever, have a paragon path that specializes in blending more martial styles...

Earth: Defender? Striker? controller?
I suppose metalbender or some such could be a decent path, though it'd be hard to differentiate effects and purpose between rock and metal really. Other than it being something akin to an anti-magic field for earthbenders...

Air: Striker? Controller?
Lost here. We don't see enough, save for avatars and low levels mooks which basically emulated aang. So I wouldn't know..

Waterbender is a leader, the firebender is a striker, the earthbender is a defender, and the airbender is a controller. The playtest showed that.

Bloodbender's a definite shoo-in. I'd like to do a more ice-based bender, and a vanilla tsunami type.

Firebender's going to have a lightningbender and a "Dragon of the West" type paragon, which deals with a lot of breaths and closeblasts. Though I'm not sure about much else.

The earthbender's metalbending paragon path will be a sort of debuffer, similar to the rust monster's rusting capabilities in the MM2. Not sure much else though.

And airbender I'm completely clueless on.

It's definitely going to require a bit more thought and less "from the show" ideas. Hm.
Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.
And airbender I'm completely clueless on.

A specialized form of Airbending in which the bender is able to generate sound waves and manipulate already existing ones as they travel through the air?

Soundbender
"The paths of magical knowledge are many and varied, none more so than the enchanting melodies of a Soundbender. "

Prerequisites: Airbender

A Soundbender is an airbender who delves deeply into the arcane power locked within the simplest of tunes, seeking to unlock that power to affect the world around him.
Due to the nature of their profession, most Soundbenders tend to be vivacious, loud and full of life. There passion for sound and music makes these arcane spellcasters appear so unlike the standard image of an airbender, that of a sage, hunched over his tomes in a dark and lonely library. In contrast, the Soundbender can normally be found in taverns and other places where music can be found, entertaining the crowds with his newest melody.

Waterbender is a leader, the firebender is a striker, the earthbender is a defender, and the airbender is a controller. The playtest showed that.

Where is this play test?
Air: Soundbending, controlling other peoples' breathing, some sort of trickster like Aang (floating on a sphere of air).

Earth: Metalbending, sandbending, mudbending, maybe one that lets you surround you body in earth for extra melee capability.

Fire: Lightning focus, breath focus, close combat focus, some sort of rage-based path, something to do with living flame (regeneration as an ability).

Water: Ice focus, plantbending, bloodbending, healing focus.

Then for each, a pure element path that enhances the main traits of the class.
You might be able to dig up some of the community thoughts on the matter in this forum as well as in the campaign forum. I know there's been 3 or 4 starts to avatar conversions, that never seemed to finish.

Hopefully you'll be the one to carry it through to completion. :D
sigh

the air bender is an easy...hell all them are
look for jade empire they did this effectively
air benders become tempests
earth benders become stone immortal
and so fourth....
now that i am thinking about this we should just take the magic styles and make a class out of that so at least it some what original....
yes this could work make...
i got some work to do......
Drop the PC nonsense. Laying waste to thousands of enemies by raining fire and death from the sky is women's work, dammit! By: Boraxe
The playtest is at my work computer. The air/earth/fire/waterbender is completed to level 3, with 5-7 feats.

It was a shitload of fun at the playtest, but I'll upload and post the PDF tomorrow.

Until then.

EDIT: The playtest me and my group did was level 3, but now I'm up to level 7 to 9 roughly.
... maybe one that lets you surround you body in earth for extra melee capability.

The Shaper Earthbender is a build in my incarnation of the Benders.
Boom!

Excuse the mess. The PDF is everywhere and no where all at once.

But, there it is, nonetheless. If you guys need me to upload it somewhere else, just ask. Some computers HAET Scribd (my home computer does).
Is this still happening? Can I help?
-Usagi
Yes, its still happening. Yes, I need the help.

Email me at ekiatoui@gmail.com, or better yet, IM me on MSN messenger at ekiatoui@hotmail.com
I like this alot, may need to start up a campaign using it. I have a question, how will multiclassing be handled? Since duel-bending does not exist and I could see these guys along side the martial classes you would need some limit. Say cannot take this feat if you have levels in Bending classes. Anyway what is left open to do? I would be glad to help, I am nothing but time.
Me and my girlfriend were talking about it last night.

It would depend on the campaign. In normal D&D that didn't have any of the original Avatar fluff attached to it, multiclassing rules wouldn't really matter. The benders would be their own class, etc. But in a actual Avatar campaign, the rules would be just if you already are a member of an Elemental class, you couldn't multiclass into the other classes. Simple as that, really.

Otherwise, I don't see any problem in multiclassing between the Elemental and martial classes.

Regarding things left to do, its mainly powers, paragon paths, feats, etc. I've updated a lot since my last post. I'll get into InDesign and re-PDF everything again.

By the way, the waterbender's different. A lot different. :\ The playtest my group did showed that the waterbender was kind of bland/lame.

If you have MSN, feel free to message me and ask questions.
www.scribd.com/doc/16920521/Avatar-the-L...

Right. Didn't take too long.

I'm not sure if I included the whole techniques thing in my first draft.

Techniques were supposed to be the magic items that Benders used to get that desperately needed enhancement bonus to attack/damage. I couldn't rationalize a bender using magic implements or weapons, so I made a new "slot" for them called techniques, based off that scroll Kitara got in that one episode. They represent techniques Benders incorporated into their fighting style to up their effectiveness in bending.

In addition to the enhancement bonuses they got, they also recieved an encounter power, either in the form of a new attack power derived from that style of technique or as some sort of add-on that was triggered off other powers.

In the end, I thought the Innate Technique class feature for each Bender was much cooler and much more graceful. Besides, I was a rabid fan of the alternate reward system in the DMG2 and has become my default system.

Looking to hear your guys thoughts on it.
I like the "techniques" equipment, but I could see them using implements actually. Something along the lines of the jewels/pendants in Jade empire. Having them near you enhances your bending. A good cannon example of this was the Water from the spring in season 1 that Katara carried around, or Aangs staff. Anyway my brain is a little addled(stupid classes) but I would like to help, are either the Ice based water bending PP or lightning fire pp still open for work, I have some nifty ideas for both and would like to take a crack at them.
Before I do paragon paths, I'd like to get each of the classes to at least 10th level powers.

Also. Ki focuses might be in order for the benders.
I personally like the idea of implements as the lore supports it well, and you could do some cool stuff like beads, shashes, pendents etc. It would be a way to give the setting a very eastern feel by flavoring the implements in this way. Again look at Jade Empire for what I am talking about.
So let's get this started I suppose.

I'm stumped as to what to give to the waterbender. I'm stuck on level 3 encounters, and only have one, moon's push.

Don't jump up all at once.
Push of the Tides---Waterbender Attack 3
You push water away from you on all sides disrupting
your foes and protecting yourself simultaneously.
Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action  Close burst 1
Targets: Enemies Within Burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target
takes a -2 to a defense of your choice until the end of
your next turn.
Torrential: You may slide the target up to 3 squares.

Icy Tracks---Waterbender Attack 3
You move water over the ground under your foes
and then suddenly freeze it.
Encounter*Elemental, Cold
Standard Action  Line 3
Targets: Enemies within line.
Attack: Wisdome vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target
is knocked prone.
Miss: The target takes a -2 penalty to AC until the
end of your next turn.

Streaming the Water---Waterbender Attack 5
You use a technique designed to teach young waterbenders
to deliver a surprising attack.
Daily*Elemental
Standard Action  Line 2
Targets: Enemies in line.
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom and you
Effect: You repeatedly move a line of water through your
enemies squares. Your allies gain combat advantage against
the target. The line moves with you. You may change the angle
of the line on your turn as a move action. The water lasts until
the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: When you sustain you repeat the attack. Your allies
still gain combat advantage against the effected enemies.

The Evening Tide---Waterbender Utility 6
Encounter*Elemental, Healing
Immediate Reaction  Range 10
Trigger: An Ally is reduced to 0 Hit Points by an attack.
Effect: You may slide that ally 2 squares. That ally may
immediately make a death saving throw.
Calming: Your ally may spend a healing surge.

The Morning Tide---Waterbender Attack 5
Encounter*Elemental
Immediate Reaction  Close Burst 2 Centered on the Ally
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage.
Effect: The target is knocked prone.
Torrential: The target is pushed 2 squares and then knocked prone.

I'm one of the minds behind the Avatar the Last Airbender 4e Project. We're about a quarter of the way through releasing the revised PDF, containing all four bender classes, paragon paths, epic destinies and a menagerie of feats and items from the show. Come by and lend your mind to the swarm.
Alright, that's what I'm talking about.

Push of the Tides---Waterbender Attack 3
You push water away from you on all sides disrupting
your foes and protecting yourself simultaneously.
Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action  Close burst 1
Targets: Enemies Within Burst
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target
takes a -2 to a defense of your choice until the end of
your next turn.
Torrential: You may slide the target up to 3 squares.

Sounds alright.

Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action  Line 3
is knocked prone.
Miss: 1d8 damage and the target takes a -2 penalty
to AC until the end of your next turn.

I'd probably take the damage on the miss effect out and just do the -2 to AC thing. Damaging miss effects are, more often than not, for daily powers.

Streaming the Water---Waterbender Attack 5
You use a technique designed to teach young waterbenders
to deliver a surprising attack.
Daily*Elemental
Standard Action  Line 2
Targets: Enemies in line.
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom and you
Effect: You repeatedly move a line of water through your
enemies squares. Your allies gain combat advantage against
the target. The line moves with you. You may change the angle
of the line on your turn as a move action. The water lasts until
the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: When you sustain you repeat the attack. Your allies
still gain combat advantage against the effected enemies.

That's pretty cool. At first, I was thinking that the sustaining should be standard, but the limited range and rather weak damage doesn't really deserve a Standard action sustain. Maybe move action? I'll think about it.

The Evening Tide---Waterbender Attack 5
Immediate Reaction  Range 10
Effect: You may slide that ally 1 + Your Charisma modifier squares.
Calming: Your ally may spend a healing surge.

This is more of a Utility. And I think I'll make it so. However, I think I'll have the effect be "You slide that ally two squares. That ally may also make a death saving throw as a free action." Then, Calming Waterbenders get that whole "ally may make a healing surge" she-bang. The reasoning behind beefing up that initial effect is so calming waterbenders aren't necessarily pigeon-holed into taking this particular utility power and Torrential waterbenders don't instantly shy away from it.

The Morning Tide---Waterbender Attack 5
Immediate Reaction  Close Burst 2 Centered on the Ally
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage.
Effect: The target is knocked prone.
Torrential: The target is pushed 2 squares and then knocked prone.

I really like this one.

I'll update the document here in a bit. And hopefully contribute a bit too.
Fantastic, well those changes all sound good. I'm particularly happy with the Tide powers, but I'm fine with that being a Utility. I have done much design work on 4th Ed, so I yield to your superior expertise with one exception.

I wrote all of these powers straight out of my head except Streaming the Water, which takes some heavy lending from the Cleric attack Spiritual Weapon. I reduced the damage from d10 and made it Line 2 instead of Range 10, but otherwise its exactly the same.

Of course this is your baby, so it's up to you.

I've got some more ideas but I have to do some reading for tomorrows classes.
-Usagi
I'm one of the minds behind the Avatar the Last Airbender 4e Project. We're about a quarter of the way through releasing the revised PDF, containing all four bender classes, paragon paths, epic destinies and a menagerie of feats and items from the show. Come by and lend your mind to the swarm.
Okay this is something that kinda has been bugging me, melee. I could see battle being well kinda interesting against the PCs in a game. I know most of the show had bender vs bender but D&D does alot of melee. Now maybe there could be some powers like the swordmage or you could make a feat like sorceorous blade channeling, or just make some melee touch powers(seeing how "lines" have come back I could see it working).
Fantastic, well those changes all sound good. I'm particularly happy with the Tide powers, but I'm fine with that being a Utility. I have done much design work on 4th Ed, so I yield to your superior expertise with one exception.

I wrote all of these powers straight out of my head except Streaming the Water, which takes some heavy lending from the Cleric attack Spiritual Weapon. I reduced the damage from d10 and made it Line 2 instead of Range 10, but otherwise its exactly the same.

Of course this is your baby, so it's up to you.

I've got some more ideas but I have to do some reading for tomorrows classes.
-Usagi

Yeah, thinking about it as I was doing a bit of work around the house, the idea settled and it seemed alright.

Okay this is something that kinda has been bugging me, melee. I could see battle being well kinda interesting against the PCs in a game. I know most of the show had bender vs bender but D&D does alot of melee. Now maybe there could be some powers like the swordmage or you could make a feat like sorceorous blade channeling, or just make some melee touch powers(seeing how "lines" have come back I could see it working).

The firebender and earthbender all have quite a few melee attacks. The firebender have a few weapon based or just straight up melee 1 attacks and the shaping earthbender has those "earth travels up the leg to the fist then pop a mother in the face" type of powers. ;)

The airbender and waterbender both have a lot of line and close powers and in the airbender's case, is really quick, nimble, and damn hard to catch. Trust me.

Damn hard.

Also:

Trapping Water          Waterbender Attack 5
The projectile of water is what forces him down;  the quickly forming ice is what keeps him there.
Daily ♦ Elemental, Technique
Standard Action    Ranged 10
Target: One creature.
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude.
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target is knocked prone and dazed (save ends).
Effect: The target is knocked prone (save ends).
Calming: The target makes attacks at a -4 penalty while prone due to this power.

Okay, now onto level 6 utility powers. (If it isn't obvious, the waterbender was the hardest for me. First off, never played a leader Second... its just hard!)
I'd also like to throw my weight at Implements and weapons concept

The main reason is for purposes of fun. I think you're right that the Innate Technique is an elegant solution. On the flip side it can be a lot of fun to gather magic items and they can lend a great deal to what makes your character unique in the long run. I think since we're dealing with a new power source and new powers that it makes perfect sense just to make up some new implements (Glider Staves and Waterskins?!).

Both Earth and Firebenders seem to be good at the whole weapon dealie, but perhaps they could go the way of the 4th Ed. Monk and have "Implements: Weapons you're proficient with" for their powers. Otherwise it's just a sort of static bonus, which has less flavor than say, a dagger that shoots snakes.
-Usagi 
I'm leaning towards doing Ki Focuses. Ki Focuses can be all sorts of things:  jewels, scrolls, sashes, necklaces, headband, etc. It's generic enough to apply very well to the Benders. Additionally, ki focuses can apply to both implement AND weapon powers.  Very nice.

Also, gives us reason to make up a bunch of cool magic items.
Icy Patch---Waterbender Utility 6
You drench an area in water and then freeze it
making moving harder for your foes.
Daily*Elemental, Zone
Minor Action       Area burst 5 within 10 squares
Effect: The burst creates a zone of icy ground that lasts
until the end of your next turn. Enemies treat the zone as
difficult terrain and anytime an enemy would be pushed,
pulled or slid through the zone you may add 2 squares to the
distance. While within the zone, any enemy takes a -5 penalty
to Acrobatics checks.

Cooling Vapors---Waterbender Utility 6
You surround an ally with a cooling mist to protect them
from the harmful effects of heat.
Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action    Range 5
Target: You or one ally.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, the target gains resist
fire equal to your Charisma modifier.

Healing Current---Waterbender Utility 6
You convert your healing waters to a mist and
send it to refresh your allies.
Standard Action    Blast 3
Target: Allies within blast.
Effect: The target regains hitpoints equal to half their
level.
Calming: The target regains hitpoints equal to half their level
+ 5.
Torrential: Increase the area to Blast 5.
Icicle Spear---Waterbender Attack 7
You hurl water at your opponent and freeze it
just before contact pinning them to the ground.
Standard Action   Ranged 10
Attack: Wisdom +2 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + Wisdom modifier damage.
Effect: The target is immobalized (save ends).

Steamshot---Waterbender Attack 7
You heat a jet of water and guide it straight
towards the eyes of your target.
Encounter*Elemental
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage.
Effect: The target is blinded (save ends).

Part the Sea---Waterbender Attack 7
You push enemies to the side and break up
their ranks.
Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action    Ranged 10
Target: One or two adjacent creatures.
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and you slide
one or both targets 2 squares. They must end
their movement farther away from eachother than they
started.
Torrential: The targets are also knocked prone.

Mercy of the Sea---Waterbender Attack 7
You embrace the duel nature of the sea, protecting and
healing your allies and harming your foes.
Standard Action    Ranged 10
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage. The first time an
ally hits the target befor the end of your next turn, that
ally can spend a healing surge.
Calming: The ally may also make a saving throw.
What about a low level utiilty that let's them pull water out of stuff. That might make a good class ability.

Draw Water   Waterbender Class Ability
As a waterbender you can always find water to
work your bending on.
At-Will  Elemental
Minor Action  Ranged 2
Effect: You can remove the water from up to one cubic
foot of either non-living or non-hostile plant matter and
transfer it into a receptacle within range. You are instinctively
aware of whether or not an object within range has at least
a pint of water in it.
I liked each of these.

I made the Icicle Spear a level 9 daily and remade it into an area burst and called it Hail of Icicles. Thought that idea was too cool to pass up.

Also, I loved the Mercy of the Seas one. I thought spending a healing surge as an encounter power was a little much, but you upped the intensity of the power by making it attack AC. I like it. A lot actually.

I took the Healing Current power and tossed it into the Level 10 utilities. I'm doing only 3 powers per for the time being, just to get it all done and, I dunno, make sure everything works alright.

This is the most progress I've had in this project for the like, past few months. You're too cool.
What about a low level utiilty that let's them pull water out of stuff. That might make a good class ability.

Draw Water   Waterbender Class Ability
As a waterbender you can always find water to
work your bending on.
At-Will  Elemental
Minor Action  Ranged 2
Effect: You can remove the water from up to one cubic
foot of either non-living or non-hostile plant matter and
transfer it into a receptacle within range. You are instinctively
aware of whether or not an object within range has at least
a pint of water in it.

Acutally, I was thinking about that.

In the show, the benders have a lot of out of combat utility:  shifting stuff, transferring stuff, molding stuff, etc. I was thinking of making the simple and basic bending techniques, such as munipulating the different elements, as sort of "cantrips" for the classes.

The reasoning behind this is... well. If someone's playing a bender, they want to be able to bend stuff. Statting these basic bending abilities out as straight up utility powers is well and all, but I don't want to have people sacrifice utlity powers that could be otherwise cool and flavorful for that basic bender utility that should come with the class itself.

Maybe a set of cantrips, universal to the Elemental set of classes, is in order.

Ponder, ponder, ponder...

SO we need two level 9 Dailies and two level 10 Utilities.

Then onto paragon paths?
Bending  Bender Class Feature
At-Will  Elemental
You have learned how to manipulate the element
you study, forcing it to move, change shape, or appear.
At-Will   Elemental
Minor Action   Ranged 2
Effect: You may do any one of the following
*Move up to a square foot of your element from any location
within range to any other location within range.
*Produce up to a square foot of your element (pull water out
out of the ground or an inanimate object, breathe fire,
pull minute particles of dirt together into a mass, create a
vaccum which pulls air in).
*Change the temperture of your element from one extreme
to another (water can either freeze or boil, earth can be warmed
or cooled, fire can burn low or high, air can be chilled or warmed).
*Mold up to a square foot of your element within range into any shape
until the end of your next turn.
Special: Nothing you create with this technique can deal damage,
serve as a weapon or a tool, or hinder another creature’s
actions. This technique cannot duplicate the effect of any other power.

Hows that?

Bending  Bender Class Feature
At-Will  Elemental
You have learned how to manipulate the element
you study, forcing it to move, change shape, or appear.
At-Will   Elemental
Minor Action   Ranged 2
Effect: You may do any one of the following
*Move up to a square foot of your element from any location
within range to any other location within range.
*Produce up to a square foot of your element (pull water out
out of the ground or an inanimate object, breathe fire,
pull minute particles of dirt together into a mass, create a
vaccum which pulls air in).
*Change the temperture of your element from one extreme
to another (water can either freeze or boil, earth can be warmed
or cooled, fire can burn low or high, air can be chilled or warmed).
*Mold up to a square foot of your element within range into any shape
Special: Nothing you create with this technique can deal damage,
serve as a weapon or a tool, or hinder another creature’s
actions. This technique cannot duplicate the effect of any other power.

Hows that?

Perfect!
Octopus Form---Waterbender Attack 9
You create eight water arms to protect you and
your allies from all sides.
Daily*Elemental, Stance
Standard Action   Personal
Effect: You and any adjacent allies gain a
+2 to AC and Reflex and you may make
the following attack once
    Immediate Interrupt 
    Trigger: An enemy attacks an adjacent ally.
    Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the
    target is knocked prone.
    Torrential: You push the target 2 squares and then
    knock them prone.

Water Spout
You summon a column of water that envelopes
your foes.
Daily*Elemental, Healing
Standard Action  Line 3
Effect: One, two or three enemies.
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target
is immobalized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: The first ally to hit your target before
the end of your next turn may spend a healing
surge.
Calming: The first ally to hit your target before
surge and gain additional hitpoints equal to your
Charisma modifier.
Daily*Elemental, Stance
the following attack once
    Immediate Interrupt 
    Trigger: An enemy attacks an adjacent ally.
    Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the
    target is knocked prone.
    knock them prone.

I might up the effectiveness of this power. It works alright as-is, but if we're going to have an octopus form, I wanna hit as many guys as possible. So I'm thinking...

Daily*Elemental, Stance
the following attack once per round as
an opportunity attack. You also have
threatening reach with this attack.
Additionally, you can choose to use this
attack as a standard action as a normal
attack.
    Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitiude.
    Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage and the
    target is knocked prone.
    knock them prone.

The real reason I'm doing this is because that scene in the series was ****ing cool.

Water Spout
You summon a column of water that envelopes
your foes.
Daily*Elemental, Healing
Standard Action  Line 3
Effect: One, two or three enemies.
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target
is immobalized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: The first ally to hit your target before
surge.
Calming: The first ally to hit your target before
surge and gain additional hitpoints equal to your
Charisma modifier.

Alright, when I get to work, I'll try and help out a little more.
Level 10 Utilities

Cradle Wave
When your friend slips and falls, you're there to help him back up.
Encounter * Elemental
Immediate Interrupt  Range 5
Trigger: An ally within range falls or falls prone.
Effect: They may stay in the square they were in before they fell or stand back up as a free action.

Cleansing Mists
As acid eats away at flesh, you wash the corrosive concoction off.
Encounter * Elemental
Minor Action  Range 5
Target: A creature within range is taking typed ongoing damage.
Effect: They may make a saving throw as a free action against one ongoing damage source with a +2 bonus.

Thoughts?
I like Cleansing Mists a lot.

I'm a little confused about Cradle Wave. When you say falls, does that mean falls off of something? What happens if they space they were just in has a falling hazard in it, like a pit or a zone that pushes?

I thought of two more:
Wash Away Wounds
You bend some cleansing water over an allies
wounds and when they dry they are healed.
Standard Action    Ranged 10
Target: One ally.
Effect: The ally may regain hitpoints as if they
spent a healing surge. Add your Charisma modifier
to the hitpoints regained.

Frozen Barricades
You bend water into pillars and then freeze it
giving cover to your allies.
Effect: You conjure three icy pillars each occupying
one square within range. They cannot be attacked
or damaged.
Enemies can’t enter a square occupied by an ice
pillar, but allies can move through the pillars’ spaces as
if the pillars were allies. The pillars grant cover
to allies but not enemies.
While adjacent to a pillar, allies gain resist fire 5 or have
existing resist fire increased by 2.

Also, the Waterbender is looking a little deficient on the Healing side. I think we might have to reduce the damage or side-effects on some of these attacks so they can heal a bit.

Par'Example:

Encounter*Elemental, Cold, Healing
Standard Action  Line 3
is knocked prone. Any ally adjacent to a enemy as they
fall prone may spend a healing surge.
Its supposed to be if someone falls off something, like a ledge or bridge or something. It could be applied to a pit trap, though.

I like both of those utilities though. Should be dailies, though.

Alright, so now that we have each of the Benders to level 10 utilities, we should start thinking about Paragon Paths. I'm thinking maybe four or five for each? Its also another part of the class building process I've been lost on, hence the original intention of this entire thread.

For the airbender, I really like the Soundbender idea posted earlier into this thread. Maybe a path for flying techniques.

For the earthbender, I'd like a metalbending paragon path that "damaged" the opponent's weapons. It probably wouldn't break them break them, but inflicting penalties to attack and damage rolls. Something that represents damaging weapons. And maybe penalties to armor as well.

For the firebender, I'd really like a lightningbender and a "Dragon of the West" type deal. The lightningbender, I'd imagine, would be really chaotic and possibly self damaging, but really potent. I can see a powers where lightning jumps from creature to creature. The Dragon of the West would be all about blast powers.

For the waterbender... maybe a Chi Master (like the female waterbenders of the Northern Tribe) and an Ice-based waterbender. Also. Bloodbender and plantbenders. Hell yeah.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Also, the Waterbender is looking a little deficient on the Healing side. I think we might have to reduce the damage or side-effects on some of these attacks so they can heal a bit.

Par'Example:

Encounter*Elemental, Cold, Healing
Standard Action  Line 3
is knocked prone. Any ally adjacent to a enemy as they
fall prone may spend a healing surge.

Maybe not so many "spend a healing surge" things but maybe small increments of hitpoints and slightly larger increments of temporary hit points.
Bloodbender
"I have power over water, the same water that flows through your veins right now."

Prerequisites: Waterbender

You have refined your waterbending technique so effectively that you can move the very
blood that flows through your enemies bodies. You harm your foes bodies from the inside
out or cause them to move to your will like an automaton.

Bloodied Superiority (11th Level): Your power over blood lets you gain advantage
against wounded foes. When an enemy is bloodied you gain combat advantage against
them until the end of your next turn.
Bloodbending Action (11th Level): When you spend an action point to take an extra
action you may force a bloodied creature within 10 squares to make a melee basic attack
as a free action.
Blood Control (16th Level): When you are first bloodied you may immediately spend
a healing surge as a free action.

Bloodbender Techniques:

Bloodbend---Bloodbender Attack 11
You tug at the insides of your foe, preventing
them from moving and ripping their insides apart.
Encounter*Elemental
Standard Action  Ranged 10
Hit: 3d8 + Wisdom modifier damage. The target is
immobolized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: If the target is bloodied, they are instead stunned

Bloodmoon---Bloodbender Utility 12
Your body is so in tune with the phases of the moon that
you can simulate its effects with your blood.
Daily*Elemental
Minor Action    Personal
Effect: You take 1d8 damage. Until the end of your next
turn your Bloodbender and Waterbender attack powers get a +2
power bonus to attack and damage.
Sustain Move: The bonus persists.
Sustain Minor: You take the damage again and the bonus
persists.

Puppetmaster---Bloodbender Attack 20
You push and pull the water in the body of your
enemy, allowing you to control their movements.
Daily*Elemental
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage and the target is
dominated until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Standard: Make the attack again.
Here are some of my ideas for paths:

Air Bender:  Aerial Acrobat, Focuses and speed and damage, Striky.
Air Temple Monk, who learns to be as indomitable as an Airbison.

Water Bender: Sweatbender, who takes penalties in order to boost allies attacks.
Follower of the Moon Spirit, whose power waxes and wanes from turn to turn.
Follower of the Sea Spirit that specializes in continuous attacks that increase in effect.

Earth Bender: Dai Li, Uses rock gloves to isolate and restrain enemies so no one can get to them.
Sandbending that blinds foes and creates zones
Seismic Adept, who gains Tremorsense.

Fire Bender: Blue Fire Adept, flamejets for fast movement or flight.
Magma Bender, does damage in lines that persist for a turn.
Fire Berzerker who takes the rage path to its logical conclusion and, on the flip side, Sun Warrior who takes the Harmony path.