Soulknife - Psionic Striker (4E Psionics Returns)

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all.

A while back, I began working on implementing psionics in 4th Edition. In hindsight, due to the amount of work required to create unique and balanced classes in this edition (as well as my timetable hitting the wall that is Law School), my initial goals were a bit foolhardy.

But eventually, hey! Results!

Here we have the third of my "completed" classes (the others can be found in my signature) - the Soulknife.

And so, I present the third "completed" class:
The Soulknife.

Feel free to read, download, use and play this class. I only ask that, if you do, you provide me with your thoughts and feedback on the class. If anyone has the time to playtest it, I would very much appreciate as much actual playtest-feedback as I can get.

You can access the PDF for the class (which also includes paragon paths, an epic destiny, implements, a skill, a few feats, and a preliminary write-up of the Dromite race) by following this link (this entire paragraph is the link).

From the document:

Build Options: Nomad soulknife, skirmisher soulknife
Class Features: Mind Blade, Psionic Strength (kinetic boon or nomad's eye), Psychic Strike

Soulknives combine the skills of the body with the power of the mind. Their namesakes – the glowing blades of psionic energy – are merely tools. A physical manifestation of the killing power of the mind. Soulknives are fast, deadly, and unpredictable.

As a soulknife, you possess an innate understanding of the workings of time and space. You use this understanding to augment and control your attacks – letting you exploit opportunities as they arise, or letting you add supernatural force to your otherwise agile blows. You attack in a flash, lashing out when your targets least expect it, before moving away. You are renowned for your ability to inflict extreme amounts of damage exactly where it is required most.

Your blades glow with energy, shifting and changing as your thoughts and emotions wander. Will you unlock the power of time and space with understanding, becoming a nomad on the battlefield? Or will you shape and control it with physical skill, becoming a deadly skirmisher?

PS: And if anyone actually likes it, feel free to go tell Wizards of the Coast to hire me for their next handbook with psionics in it. I promise, I wouldn't mind.
:D
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
A Psion for Next (Playable Draft) A Barbarian for Next (Brainstorming Still)
I remember you writing the psion-telepath controller. Love both of them dude.

Now if only the jackass who's willing to DM would DM a fourth edition game so I could try them out..:P

Ofcourse I'm bias as I've always liked psionics. Even the crappy 3.0 version.
Just to think, my Shaper was mumbling about how he wants to play a Soulknife.

Printing off right now.
Homebrew classes: Guerrilla, Airbender, Earthbender, Firebender, and Waterbender. (PHASE 2 BEGINS! Tell us how we could make these classes better. The Shadow power source done right.
I feel like strength might be the wrong choice. I would htink the strength of one's personality and presence would mean more to a soulknife than raw physical prowess. I feel like charisma would have been better. Although it does make sense with regards to opportunity attacks.

Aimed Strike: take off the +dex to damage and it's good. Just like all the other at-wills that have a bonus to hit their damage is reduced for the sake of balance. (especially considering the builds)
Wow, I am very impressed so far, what little I've had a chance to actually read. I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work!

P.S. You've included the elan with your telepath and the dromites with your soulknife. Have you made any plans as to what, if anything, you're including with the shaper and the egoist?
I'm bumping this, since I didn't realize that editing my last post wouldn't bump it.
Wow, I am very impressed so far, what little I've had a chance to actually read. I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work!

You're very much welcome - also, thank you.

P.S. You've included the elan with your telepath and the dromites with your soulknife. Have you made any plans as to what, if anything, you're including with the shaper and the egoist?

I'm working through the races (that I enjoyed). I've got decent write-ups of the Blue, the Half-Giant, the Xeph, and a second insect-like race (not thri-keen, but something homebrew). I'll probably include the Blue with the Shaper. *shrugs*

I've mostly been just including races as-they're-completed, so we'll see what's done.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yes, I am expressing my opinions (even complaints - le gasp!) about the current iteration of the play-test that we actually have in front of us. No, I'm not going to wait for you to tell me when it's okay to start expressing my concerns (unless you are WotC). (And no, my comments on this forum are not of the same tone or quality as my actual survey feedback.)
Nice work. Just looking at the at-wills deft counter is a little too strong. You should take off the dex mod damage from the counter attack or use a secondary stat for both its attack and damage. It's not a big issue, I will look at it later ans see what I can find.
It seems like the level 29 Daily Disjunctive Strike is a little weak for a capstone striker attack. Just comparing it to Paladins, they get a 7[w] attack vs. one creature, which then has a chance of blinding every enemy within 10 squares.

I'm not sure stunning is worth 3[w]+blinding, and even if it is, I feel like you should make another power to play to the soulknife's role more. As it is, a defender is out damaging them. They need an amazingly high-damage 29 attack power against a single foe, something like Assassin's Point for rogues which does 7[w] plus twice sneak attack damage if you have Combat Advantage against the target.
Planes Wanderer
I feel like strength might be the wrong choice. I would htink the strength of one's personality and presence would mean more to a soulknife than raw physical prowess. I feel like charisma would have been better. Although it does make sense with regards to opportunity attacks.

The idea is that one of the builds focuses on the "physical" aspect of things, using his psionic power as more of an augmentation/channeling of the physical skill. The "kinetic" stuff is kind of built around the idea of "the energy of motion."

The original draft was going to have a Cha build, but thematically it stopped making sense. I just wasn't able to build a sufficient number of (satisfying) powers around the concept.

Aimed Strike: take off the +dex to damage and it's good. Just like all the other at-wills that have a bonus to hit their damage is reduced for the sake of balance. (especially considering the builds)

Yeah, I had originally left that in there because of the frequent complaints that the similar powers for other classes are "weak." -X damage(something between 3 at low levels, and 10 at the highest levels) for +2 attack seemed, to me, to be a fair enough trade. Granted, it's like a "reverse power attack," but... enh. Yeah, it is out of line with other base-class options.

Nice work. Just looking at the at-wills deft counter is a little too strong. You should take off the dex mod damage from the counter attack or use a secondary stat for both its attack and damage. It's not a big issue, I will look at it later ans see what I can find.

I'll probably take off the Dex Mod on the counter - that might make it a little more distinct from the Rogue power. But yeah, I totally missed that in editing.

It seems like the level 29 Daily Disjunctive Strike is a little weak for a capstone striker attack. Just comparing it to Paladins, they get a 7[w] attack vs. one creature, which then has a chance of blinding every enemy within 10 squares.

I'm not sure stunning is worth 3[w]+blinding, and even if it is, I feel like you should make another power to play to the soulknife's role more. As it is, a defender is out damaging them. They need an amazingly high-damage 29 attack power against a single foe, something like Assassin's Point for rogues which does 7[w] plus twice sneak attack damage if you have Combat Advantage against the target.

Well, when you look at the power, consider that it's not the real "damage" power for that level. Concerted Blades will give you 3 attacks (with automatic CA), for potentially 6[W]+3x(Static Mods) damage, or 9[W]+3x(Static Mods) with twin blades.

The other daily can, on its own, potentially do 6[W] damage to several targets (if it doesn't push them too far away).

Consider that Disjunctive Strike is built to "lock down" a single target. 4[W]+Static Mods (or 5[W]+Static Mods with twin blades) is decent damage, especially since the power targets Will (a weak defense for most creatures). Also consider that, while the Paladin power you point out Blinds (secondary targets - not the primary target - but in a very good burst), it only blinds until the end of your next turn. Disjunctive Strike Stuns until the end of your next turn, plus has an Aftereffect (Daze with Save Ends). It may not be as spectacular as the Rogue's capstone power, but it certainly is better at "locking down" a single target for just a little while.

I dunno. Just some thoughts.
Feedback Disclaimer
Oh, I don't doubt it can lock down a single target quite well. The problem is that "locking down a single target" sounds like something a Defender should do. Not that there should never, or there is never, any cross-over between rolls. I'm not actually suggesting that you change Disjunctive Strike, I just feels like the Soulknife is missing a pure Striker attack at 29. Something like "Mind Killer" or something that just does a crazy amount of psychic damage and nothing else. No controlly or defendery stuff, just pure damage.

I did miss that Concerted Blades was 3 attacks while looking through the class, so that is pretty good. However I'd just like to point out that requiring twin mind blades for all your best damaging powers is a little restrictive. What if I'd rather one-hand a bastard sword shaped mind blade? Should I not be able to do the best damage with the best one-handed sword in the game?

And the way you describe Blade Pulse, it just sent off a signal in my mind. The way you have it written is clearly awesome, but I'm not sure you realize that whenever a character forces movement on an enemy, the player choses how far to move the enemy, up to the maximum noted in the power. IE, the player can chose not to push an enemy at all so the only reason a Soulknife would push enemies "too far" would be if he made a concious decision to.

Also, if you're worried about the total number of powers at level 29, I wouldn't be. Going by the PHB for the number of powers available to a class is a good baseline, but since WotC is constantly releasing new powers in Dragon or in books, I see no problem with just throwing on an extra power.
Planes Wanderer
Oh, I don't doubt it can lock down a single target quite well. The problem is that "locking down a single target" sounds like something a Defender should do. Not that there should never, or there is never, any cross-over between rolls. I'm not actually suggesting that you change Disjunctive Strike, I just feels like the Soulknife is missing a pure Striker attack at 29. Something like "Mind Killer" or something that just does a crazy amount of psychic damage and nothing else. No controlly or defendery stuff, just pure damage.

That's a good point. I'll have to add in a 7[W]+ power on the first revision then.

However I'd just like to point out that requiring twin mind blades for all your best damaging powers is a little restrictive. What if I'd rather one-hand a bastard sword shaped mind blade? Should I not be able to do the best damage with the best one-handed sword in the game?

Well, they're never required - typically the option simply adds another die of damage. Twin blades are sort of the poor-man's "two-handed weapon" for the soulknife, especially for at-wills and other low-dice powers.

The concept was really thought up just to create a two-weapon option that didn't duplicate the Ranger (or later, the Tempest Fighter) - an expansion of the "Two-Weapon Fighting" feat, rather than multiple attacks.

So, really, when you get to these higher-dice powers, a bastard sword is certainly a good option. The capstone area-power will deal a lot more damage (4d10+Static +2d10 more, to a large group, vs. 4d6+Static +2d6 more). Disjunctive will actually also deal more (4d10+Static vs. 5d6+Static). Concerted Blades may actually favor the twin-blade option (2d10+Bonus x3 vs. 3d6+Bonus x3... Enh, they're really quite on par).

Also, if you're worried about the total number of powers at level 29, I wouldn't be. Going by the PHB for the number of powers available to a class is a good baseline, but since WotC is constantly releasing new powers in Dragon or in books, I see no problem with just throwing on an extra power.

Oh, at this point, it was just wanting to be consistent - have about the same number of options per level (filling in a 4th Edition class is... a lot of work). I plan on adding more when I have more to add. No worries there. ;) (I'm also trying to balance my time between the classes, to get them all done together.)

EDIT:
And the way you describe Blade Pulse, it just sent off a signal in my mind. The way you have it written is clearly awesome, but I'm not sure you realize that whenever a character forces movement on an enemy, the player choses how far to move the enemy, up to the maximum noted in the power. IE, the player can chose not to push an enemy at all so the only reason a Soulknife would push enemies "too far" would be if he made a concious decision to.

Oh, damn, I had completely forgotten about that. Hm. Perhaps add a clause that you must push the targets the full amount if possible? It still allows one to maximize that damage by, say, pinning the targets against a wall.
Feedback Disclaimer
Yeah, a Special: Unlike most forced movement, the push caused by this power must push enemies the maximum distance and no less.
Planes Wanderer
Oh hey, greatfrito. I had an idea for a class feat. How about letting the Soulknife "maintain" an additional shape for his mindblade? Like, they can have a one-handed versatile mind blade and an off-hand lightblade available so they can spend a minor action to switch between the two modes.

I think the imagery of the soulknife splitting his mindblade in half in the middle of combat and start dual-wielding is pretty evocative. I think it works as a paragon feat, what do you think?

(Looking again, it seems weird that you restriction throwable mind blades to not have the off-hand property. You'd think that off-hand weapons would be light enough to be thrown, like daggers.)
Planes Wanderer
Oh hey, greatfrito. I had an idea for a class feat. How about letting the Soulknife "maintain" an additional shape for his mindblade? Like, they can have a one-handed versatile mind blade and an off-hand lightblade available so they can spend a minor action to switch between the two modes.

I'm trying to picture what you're saying here, but I'm not quite grasping it (need... more... coffee...).

Are you suggesting a feat that allows the "selection" of two forms for the blade during a short or extended rest? Like, a "primary" and a "secondary" or something, and allowing you to swap between them "on the fly"?

I was contemplating putting in a "quick change" feat - or something to that effect - that allowed one to reselect the form "on the fly" with a move action - maybe unlimited, or maybe once per encounter. However, if the above is what you're suggesting, I actually like your idea better - it's a bit more limiting, but the cap it introduces would be good for keeping "book keeping" to a minimum.

The real question, then, is "Heroic, Paragon, or Epic?" - and "Requirements?"

I think the imagery of the soulknife splitting his mindblade in half in the middle of combat and start dual-wielding is pretty evocative. I think it works as a paragon feat, what do you think?

Oh, d'oh, this is why I should read the whole post :D . I think it's a good Paragon feat as well. I'll add it in when I do a revision.

(Looking again, it seems weird that you restriction throwable mind blades to not have the off-hand property. You'd think that off-hand weapons would be light enough to be thrown, like daggers.)

Well, now that you point it out, it is kinda weird. Restricting Versatile weapons makes sense, upon review, but restricting off-hand seems... odd.

I'm trying to think of what my reasoning was for that (and I usually keep such good notes when I'm doing this stuff - seriously, my "design documents" for these classes have nearly hit 200 pages, with probably 100 of that being Notes and previous drafts that have been stricken-out).

I believe the idea was to restrict twin blades from being used at range for the melee/range powers, but looking at it, I solved that problem by limiting the "extra" damage to melee-only with those powers.

I think the original idea was something like... off-hand weapons -> More Damage, one-hand weapons -> More Options (melee or thrown), and Versatile -> More Damage (especially with the bladewind-style powers). You can have ranged off-hand weapons - if the base weapon stats already have range. They just don't get it as a "bonus" feature.

Enh. And now I've kinda semi-sold myself on the restriction again. But I don't know why. Gah! My mind! :P

Further thoughts on it (after this rambling)?

PS - AvonRekaes, I'd just like to say that I'm very grateful to have someone else actually taking a good look-over at the class. This is exactly the kind of feedback that I (and really, everyone) always want when I post on this particular forum. I haven't actually gotten this much feedback since the very first few (heroic-tier-only) drafts were posted. So, really, just a quick thank you. Also, a thanks to the others posting in the thread.

PPS -- A further thought. I'm considering (and indeed, I considered during "development") removing the "Requirement: You must be wielding a mind blade" bit from many of the powers (some would still bear that requirement, however - especially the "Bladewind" powers). That would allow a second Multiclass feat, for those characters who want the "Nomad" feel, without the "Soulknife" feel. Mechanically, it bugs me a bit, because it would allow some of the powers to be used with different weapons, possibly making the use of "other weapons" a more "optimal" choice. Then again, I'm still debating whether I want the "your mind blade can use the statistics of any one-handed [insert group here]"-feats to be a single, race-neutral option, or a series of race-specific feats. Race-neutral would seem the better bet, but it just feels more like "4th Edition" if those options are instead tied to racial options (if so, at least one "Psionic Race" will be getting some kind of racial weapon familiarity - we shall see).

Anyways, "spitballing" here.
Feedback Disclaimer
I'm trying to picture what you're saying here, but I'm not quite grasping it (need... more... coffee...).

Are you suggesting a feat that allows the "selection" of two forms for the blade during a short or extended rest? Like, a "primary" and a "secondary" or something, and allowing you to swap between them "on the fly"?

I was contemplating putting in a "quick change" feat - or something to that effect - that allowed one to reselect the form "on the fly" with a move action - maybe unlimited, or maybe once per encounter. However, if the above is what you're suggesting, I actually like your idea better - it's a bit more limiting, but the cap it introduces would be good for keeping "book keeping" to a minimum.

The real question, then, is "Heroic, Paragon, or Epic?" - and "Requirements?"

Oh, d'oh, this is why I should read the whole post :D . I think it's a good Paragon feat as well. I'll add it in when I do a revision.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking it would be like the same thing as a Fighter that uses a Bastard Sword, and then daggers in his belt. He'll be using the bastard sword in melee, but if forced to attack at range, like if he's Immobilized, he can draw his daggers and start throwing.

The soulknife with this theoretical feat would be able to swing around a longsword-like mindblade and then if he needed to attack at range, like if he's Immobilized, he can shape the mindblade into a shortsword and use a ranged power.

I thinking something like....

Versatile Mind
Paragon Tier
Prerequisites:
Wis 15, 13?
Benefit: When you decide the shape of your mindblade after a short rest or extended rest, you can decide on an extra shape. When you take the action to manifest your mind blade, you choose which shape you manifest. You can switch between each shape of your mind blade as a minor action.
Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time you do, you may decide on one extra shape for your mind blade.

Well, now that you point it out, it is kinda weird. Restricting Versatile weapons makes sense, upon review, but restricting off-hand seems... odd.

I'm trying to think of what my reasoning was for that (and I usually keep such good notes when I'm doing this stuff - seriously, my "design documents" for these classes have nearly hit 200 pages, with probably 100 of that being Notes and previous drafts that have been stricken-out).

I believe the idea was to restrict twin blades from being used at range for the melee/range powers, but looking at it, I solved that problem by limiting the "extra" damage to melee-only with those powers.

I think the original idea was something like... off-hand weapons -> More Damage, one-hand weapons -> More Options (melee or thrown), and Versatile -> More Damage (especially with the bladewind-style powers). You can have ranged off-hand weapons - if the base weapon stats already have range. They just don't get it as a "bonus" feature.

Enh. And now I've kinda semi-sold myself on the restriction again. But I don't know why. Gah! My mind! :P

Further thoughts on it (after this rambling)?

Huh. For some reason I was thinking that a mindblade shaped as a dagger, or another light blade with light thrown and off-hand properties would loose the light thrown property because of the off-hand property.

I think you might be thinking yourself in circles. If you dual-wield, but all the "extra 1[w]" powers are melee, then there's nothing the Soulknife can do to make ranged attacks more powerful with his two weapons. I'd just keep the restriction to no one-handed weapons with versatile. Heck, probably just no one-handed weapons. (Seems weird for them to be throwing scimitars and rapiers around)

PS - AvonRekaes, I'd just like to say that I'm very grateful to have someone else actually taking a good look-over at the class. This is exactly the kind of feedback that I (and really, everyone) always want when I post on this particular forum. I haven't actually gotten this much feedback since the very first few (heroic-tier-only) drafts were posted. So, really, just a quick thank you. Also, a thanks to the others posting in the thread.

No problem! If you want to return the favor, you can gimme some feedback on my Weapon Mastery feat. Weapon Mastery - The Brawler

PPS -- A further thought. I'm considering (and indeed, I considered during "development") removing the "Requirement: You must be wielding a mind blade" bit from many of the powers (some would still bear that requirement, however - especially the "Bladewind" powers). That would allow a second Multiclass feat, for those characters who want the "Nomad" feel, without the "Soulknife" feel. Mechanically, it bugs me a bit, because it would allow some of the powers to be used with different weapons, possibly making the use of "other weapons" a more "optimal" choice. Then again, I'm still debating whether I want the "your mind blade can use the statistics of any one-handed [insert group here]"-feats to be a single, race-neutral option, or a series of race-specific feats. Race-neutral would seem the better bet, but it just feels more like "4th Edition" if those options are instead tied to racial options (if so, at least one "Psionic Race" will be getting some kind of racial weapon familiarity - we shall see).

Anyways, "spitballing" here.

Personally, I wouldn't do that. I'd keep all the powers mind blade required. As for the multiclass feat.... I think anyone wanting to multiclass into Soulknife is going to do it for the "soul knife". You've already got the nomad side of the class represented in being able to choose the nomad features. I couldn't see any reason to take the feat other than to get the mind blade.
Planes Wanderer
I have the fealing many of the powers are based on rogue. what stops a mindblade using a psi bastard sword (or a exotic two-hander)? (while the rogue is stuck with is light blade?)
Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - Stone Gaint

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
who am I kidding? my ego would never fit in a box
I have the fealing many of the powers are based on rogue.

Some are, but many are also based on concepts (especially the damage of single-target powers) from Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, and Swordmage. In addition (at least in theory - if I did it right), the damage dice should "match up" with Rogue dice mostly when wielding twin (off-hand) blades.

what stops a mindblade using a psi bastard sword (or a exotic two-hander)? (while the rogue is stuck with is light blade?)

The bastard sword is as large as you can get (d10 damage), and would restrict you from having a throwing option. You can get that d10 damage, but you're limiting your options. Additionally, even with the d10, the damage is (or again, should be) about par for the powers.

Consider, too, that the Soulknife is less accurate than the Rogue, and (usually) deals less bonus damage per round. While it can match the Rogue's extra damage using Psychic Strike, it requires expending (typically daily) resources.

That all said, is there any specific part that's a concern for you that I should take a closer look at?
Feedback Disclaimer
oh, btw, nice work on the dromite. looks like a fun race.

The bastard sword is as large as you can get (d10 damage)

it would supprize me if Adventures Vault didn't have an exotic variant of a greatsword (IIRC thats 1d12. I could be way off)
That all said, is there any specific part that's a concern for you that I should take a closer look at?

I was just stuck at the at-will powers

(supposing the enemy AC is 14+lvl and other defenses 12+lvl; a human with a +4 in the main stat, +2 in secondairy stat, a feat to boost the weapon die (in this case, the rogue gets an 1d8 weapon, mind blade 1d12).)
soul knife:
- aimed strike: (+9vs15) 75% to deal 1d12+4+2d6+2 = 14.6 DPR (piercing strike only has 14 DPR)
- distorting blade. if you consider that will as statistically 1 point lower then the other saves of a monster, and the extra effect it has over piercing strike, this power is much stronger then piercing strike
- deft counter 65% to deal 6.5+4+7+2, if hit, 65% chance to deal 6.5+4+7 (str bonus to damage was only once per turn) damage again = 20.07 DPR (against 19.6 from riposte)

having done the math, I see indeed that the powers balances somewhat (more then I expected) ... other then distorting blade that is ...
Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - Stone Gaint

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
who am I kidding? my ego would never fit in a box
oh, btw, nice work on the dromite. looks like a fun race.

Thanks! Every time I finish a race, it becomes my new favorite.

it would supprize me if Adventures Vault didn't have an exotic variant of a greatsword (IIRC thats 1d12. I could be way off)
I was just stuck at the at-will powers

AV does indeed have a Superior blade that is +3, d12, and High Crit to boot.

However, check the Mind Blade ability itself. The shapes for the blades are limited to "one-handed" weapons - a one-handed versatile blade is the "biggest" the soulknife can pull off.

having done the math, I see indeed that the powers balances somewhat (more then I expected) ... other then distorting blade that is ...

Huh. Well, rock-on then.
Feedback Disclaimer

anyway to view this now? i get 404 whenever i click it

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

The hosting site is no longer available.  However, I did find the Soul Knife on enworld.  http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?235467-Soulknife-(Psionic-striker)-Complete-with-Paragon-Paths-amp-Feats

Relic wrote:

The hosting site is no longer available.  However, I did find the Soul Knife on enworld.  http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?235467-Soulknife-(Psionic-striker)-Complete-with-Paragon-Paths-amp-Feats

thanks alot dude!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

Sign In to post comments