New Beast Mastery At-Will Power

1 post / 0 new
This is my attempt to make an At-will power for my wife who loves having a pet as a Ranger, but dislikes not being able to attack at the same time with it, consistently, if she's using a Ranged Weapon

Synchronized Strike - Ranger Attack 1
You and your pet attack as one, either hitting separate targets
at the same time, or the same target simultaneously.

At-Will * Martial, Beast, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged weapon (beast 1)
Primary Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC (melee) or Dexterity vs. AC (ranged)
Hit: 1[W] damage.
Secondary Target: The Primary target or another creature.
Secondary Attack: Beast's attack bonus vs. AC
Hit: 1[ B ] + your Wisdom modifier damage.
Increase damage values to 2[W] and 2[ B ] at 21st level.

With a Wisdom score of 14-16, this power does almost identical damage that Twin Strike does, erring on the side of Lower than Twin Strike, as it doesn't get a bonus to the beast's attack from a magic weapon, and is limited to the beast's damage dice no matter what, (So No Greatbow).

Opinions on this power? or other Suggestions? I was mainly attempting to go for a reflavoring of Twin Strike that let her and her pet attack instead of 2 arrow shots. The + to damage from the Wisdom modifier is because Beasts have no way to increase their damage output through magical weapons. However if I see companion items released that increase the damage output I can see removing that + entirely.

I was also thinking of an optional Feat, since Pet critical attacks won't get extra damage dice from a magical weapon.

Overpowering Attack
Prerequisite: Ranger, Beast Mastery Class Feature
Benefit: If your beast performs a critical hit on a target its attacking, that target is knocked prone.

I didn't think the feat was too overpowered as pets never get a plus to damage if they crit, they'll just do maximum damage, so I thought I'd throw in an extra effect so it might be cooler if a pet crits and pounces on the enemy. No extra damage, but they get knocked down.