ff6shadow's Vault of Custom Material

142 posts / 0 new
Last post
[Post Removed]

Due to consitent hosting on file share sites, my work will no longer be available.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
(Reserved, just in case)

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
The Summoner looks very cool! I thought I'd let you know, the pdf says the power source is Martial. Thanks for putting these up for us to grab - they're neat!
Yeah, I've been meaning to crrect that. Think I'll do it now before I forget again. All of them have been posted indivudally before, I just hate bumping 8-10 threeads. Seems like a lot of clutter.

Also, make sure you check out the Lancer. It's a martial controller, but it also holds a martial focuses Epic Destiny.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Eldritch Warder

or

Abjurer(my pick)
Spellshield?

Maybe that seems like an item or feature...

Still I like the name. Eldritch Tactician is good too.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
The work in progress really makes me think of a Shaman or witch Doctor.. Medicine man kind of thing.. If you want something with fewer mm.. "Attachments", maybe something generic like "Practitioner'? You can always add some kind of Adjective. "Dark Practitioner" etc.
My Work in progress has been updated to include powers to level 6.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Mechanics are interesting. I like versatile castor: has sorcerer written all over it. What sort of flavor do you want?

Names:

Jester - he helps his team and hinders his foes: just add flavor: This is what an arcane 'Jester' would do.

Mage(lord) - Not technically a wizard or a warlock. just add 'lord' if it needs to be arcanely correct.

RED MAGE (this one took me awhile...)

Eldritch guardian/warlord - meh.

Elementalist - just add primal :D or not. please don't...

Arcanist - if profound fails, go for profane.
Lots of intereting names provided,

Eldritch Warder (We have plenty of classes with war in the name, Why not?)
Spellshield
Magelord
Eldritch Warlord
Red Mage.

Hmm, lots of decent suggestions. On the upside, it has been updated again. Power finished through level 13.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Gamble PDF is updated with a few minor power corections.

Summoned PDF is updated with a new 29th level powers and the Summoner's Resilience feat now requires you to be a summoner.

The Sorcerous Sentinel has recieved a major overhaul. PDF is updated.

My Work in Progress has been delayed by a small case of writer's block. I hope to be back onto it soon.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
*sigh*

I wish my computer was working 'cuz I can't view the changes on the one I'm borrowing.

Still haven't decided a name?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Nope.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I just realized that nobody seems to make divine classes.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Good point. I may have to think about one. If I can every get past my creator's block. Class creation isn't going well right now.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I had the inspiration for a favored soul.

The problem was the role. I wanted a foil to leader in the same way my Fury Sorceror is a foil to controller.

I considered divine controller as the direct opposite to what a leader does, but I can't seem to reallty decide.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
divine striker?

leaders are support, strikers are selfish and thrive against/off of support. Controller would be an interesting thing too though... It gives me a few ideas, unfortunately I need to get back to my econ homework...

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I forgot to mention. The Work in Progress is now complete up to level 19. I could really use some suggestions and comments on this one. It's been slow going.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Seriously. Nobody has any comments on any of my work? IMAGE(http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/296/smokinghv9.gif)

IMAGE(http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5240/leavingsx3.gif)

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Damn your Gambler is like a clone of something I was working on a few months ago.

Kicked the idea aside and just put it up on one of those archive sites when I gave up on it.
Found random effects don't work in 4e as well as 3.5.

But ya, just odd.
Damn your Gambler is like a clone of something I was working on a few months ago.

Kicked the idea aside and just put it up on one of those archive sites when I gave up on it.
Found random effects don't work in 4e as well as 3.5.

But ya, just odd.

I heard about your's on enworld. Kept having people dropping into the thread saying I stole it. I've never seen yours. Think I could take a look?

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I heard about your's on enworld. Kept having people dropping into the thread saying I stole it. I've never seen yours. Think I could take a look?

Ya no problem.
I can do it when I get home from work.
I get out of here in like 20 mins so after I vote I will toss it in this topic.

Sorry to hear about people bugging you on Enworld.
on ???

flavor text for fright is the same as for guiding light...

In General, I like the use of zones as a method of keeping the ??? in the thick of things... I can't see anything wrong balance wise other than the amount of versatility his higher level attacks have. Being able to target a single enemy compared to a large group is a tactical asset I wouldn't pass up for anything. The damage isn't bad either, not as good as a striker of similar level. It's hard to find anything wrong with it. *shrugs* you're getting too good at this.
Thanks LordNat.

MatthewSwift
Proably just a copy/paste deal. I'll deal with in the next update. I figured the zones were ust a good idea of being able to buff the party without having rediculous bookkeeping if the party tries to break up after getting the benefit.

As for the versatile attacks, it leans into the leader aspect. Instead of pulling a cleric and having all his attacks discriminate allies from enemies, which doesn't fit as well in arcane, I simply let him reduce the radius of his attacks. As a side benefit, he usually gains a greater effect for single targetting. It does have huge tactical versatility, but not much more than the cleric being able to lay down huge areas without having to worry about targetting.

Personally, my favorite powers are Dual Incantation and Double Spell. Though Enchanted Weapon, Mass Snake's Swiftness, and Alacrity are pretty fun as well.

Any new suggestions for a name?

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Sorry it took me so long to get back on this.
Voting took mt 4 hours last night and I was dead tired after that so I hit sleep.

Just got home from work (got cut early) so here is my Gambler.

Gambler<br /> <br /> Role: ---<br /> Power Source: Chaos. Tapping into the controlled chaos of gambling you are able to produce powerful effects... some times...<br /> Key Abilities: Charisma, Dexterity, Wisdom<br /> <br /> Armor Proficiency: Cloth<br /> Weapon Proficiency: Dagger<br /> Implement: Dice, Cards, Coin, Slot<br /> Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Will<br /> <br /> Hit Points at 1st level: 10 + Constitution score<br /> Hit Points per level gained: 4<br /> Healing Surges per day: 6 + Constitution modifier<br /> <br /> Trained Skills: Bluff and Insight. From the class skills list below, choose four more trained skills at 1st level.<br /> Class Skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, Streetwise, Thievery, Acrobatics, Bluff, Insight.<br /> <br /> Build Options: ---<br /> Class Features: Gambler's Luck, Windfall, Game Mastery<br /> <br /> Gambler's Luck:<br /> Using Gambler's Luck a Gambler is able to control a little bit of the chaos that gives them their power.<br /> <br /> Windfall:<br /> You start the game with your charisma modifier times 10 in extra gold. <br /> <br /> Game Mastery:<br /> While skilled in all games of chance most Gamblers start out only mastering two.<br /> Choose two of the following four benefits:<br /> Dice Mastery: Once per-day when you re-roll a skill check you get a bonus to the new roll equal to one-half your charisma modifier. <br /> Card Mastery: Once per-encounter when an ally within 5 squares of you makes a ranged attack you can add your Wisdom modifier to it's range <br /> Coin Mastery: Once per-day when you spend an action point you can roll 1d4, if you roll high you keep the action point still gaining the effect, if you roll low you expend the action point gaining no effect.<br /> Slots Mastery: Once per-encounter you can add your charisma modifier to the damage of a power with the Slot keyword.<br /> The choice you make also provides bonuses to certain gambler powers. Individual powers detail the effects (is any) your Game Mastery selection has on them.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Gambler's Powers:<br /> Your powers are Chaos Chances, feats of luck and chances that favor those who take risks.<br /> <br /> Class Feature:<br /> The Gambler's Gambler's Luck class feature works like a power and is presented below.<br /> <br /> Gambler's Luck<br /> Using a little chaos you make things work in your favor.<br /> Daily ? Chaos<br /> Free Action Personal<br /> Trigger: You roll a die.<br /> Effect: You can add or subtract 1 to your roll, you can not make the die roll more or less then it can normally roll.<br /> <br /> Level 1 At-Will Chances:<br /> <br /> Lucky Dice:<br /> Flicking your dice in the air bolts of power fly from the numbers at your enemy. <br /> At-Will ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 10<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the dice implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: 2d4 damage, if you roll doubles you deal twice your rolled damage.<br /> Increase damage to 2d8 at 21st level.<br /> <br /> Coin Toss:<br /> Heads they die, tails you cry<br /> At-Will ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 10<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the coin implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: Roll 1d4, if you roll high you deal 10 damage, if you roll low you deal 1 damage.<br /> Increase damage to 20 on a high roll at 21st level.<br /> <br /> Two of Hearts:<br /> Your card pluses out a bit chaos that makes you harder to hit.<br /> At-Will ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Close Burst 2<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the card implement.<br /> Target: Each enemy in burst <br /> Attack: Wisdom vs. Ref<br /> Hit: 1d4 + Wisdom modifier damage, and the target takes -2 to their attack roll when attacking you till the end of your next turn. <br /> Increase the damage to 2d4 at 21st level.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Slots:<br /> You let them spin and hope you win.<br /> At-Will ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 20<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the slots implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: Roll 1d4 then use the effect you roll on the chart:<br /> 1: The target gains 1 temporary hit point.<br /> 2: The target takes your charisma modifier damage.<br /> 3: You shift the target 2 squares<br /> 4: The target is dazed till the end of your next turn.<br /> <br /> Level 1 Encounter Chances:<br /> Unlucky Dice:<br /> Your rolls control the fate of those who cross you.<br /> Encounter ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 5<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the dice implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: 4d4 damage, and the target takes a 1d4 penalty to Will defense till the end of your next turn.<br /> Dice Mastery: The penalty to Will defense is 1d8.<br /> <br /> Coin Rush:<br /> A flick of your wrist and a little coin sends your target flying away from you.<br /> Encounter ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Melee 1<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the coin implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Fort<br /> Hit: Roll 1d4, if you roll high push the target 4 squares, if you roll low push the target 1 square.<br /> Coin Mastery: You can use Coin Toss after you move the target.<br /> <br /> Three of Clubs:<br /> Your card flies out of your hand plowing into each target in front of you.<br /> Encounter ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Close blast 2<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the card implement.<br /> Target: Each enemy in blast.<br /> Attack: Wisdom vs. Ref<br /> Hit: 1d4 + Charisma Modifier damage, the target is knocked prone.<br /> Card Mastery: You deal your Wisdom modifier damage as well<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Snipers Slots:<br /> Leveling your arm at the target you slots lock into place and launch a ray.<br /> Encounter ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 25<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the slots implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: Roll 1d4 then use the effect you roll on the chart:<br /> 1: Wisdom modifier damage<br /> 2: Charisma modifier + Wisdom modifier damage<br /> 3: 4d4 damage, ongoing 5 damage (save ends)<br /> 4: 4d4 + Wisdom modifier damage, the target is dazed till the end of your next turn.<br /> Slots Mastery: becomes Ranged 30<br /> <br /> Level 1 Daily Chances:<br /> Doubling Dice:<br /> Your dice glow is a flowing light that explodes in power.<br /> Daily ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Ranged 5<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the Dice Implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Will<br /> Hit: 4d4 damage, for each pair of doubles you roll deals deal twice the damage for that double, if quadruples are rolled deal four time the rolled damage. <br /> Miss: 4d4 damage, no extra effect when you roll doubles or quadruples<br /> <br /> Heads or Tails:<br /> Summoning up all your will power you take a all or nothing chance.<br /> Daily ? Chaos, Implement, Reliable <br /> Standard Action Ranged 5<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the Coin Implement.<br /> Target: One creature<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Ref<br /> Hit: Roll 1d4, if you roll high deal 50 damage, if you roll low you lose a healing serge.<br /> <br /> Jack of Spades: <br /> With a flash of luck and an evil smile your card stuns those around you.<br /> Daily ? Chaos, Implement<br /> Standard Action Close Burst 4<br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the Card Implement.<br /> Target: Each enemy in burst<br /> Attack: Wisdom vs. Ref<br /> Hit: 10 ongoing damage and the target is is stunned (save ends both)<br /> Miss: 5 ongoing damage and the target is not stunned.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> Wild Slots:<br /> You unleash chaos into your slots and wait to see what comes out.<br /> Daily ? Chaos<br /> Standard Action Personal<br /> Requirement: Must be Wielding the Slots Implement.<br /> Effect: Roll a 1d6 then use the effect you roll on the chart:<br /> 1: You are stunned till the end of your next turn<br /> 2: 4d4 damage to you and all creatures in burst 1<br /> 3: Each creature within 4 squares may shift 2 squares.<br /> 4: You and each ally with in 4 squares gets to make a basic attack as a free action.<br /> 5: You gain resistance 5 till the end of the encounter.<br /> 6: Roll again twice and use both effects (ignore any more 6s rolled) <br /> <br /> Level 2 Utility Chances:<br /> <br /> Gambler's Charm<br /> Encounter ? Chaos<br /> Immediate Reaction Personal<br /> Trigger: You make a Diplomacy or Bluff check that you do not like.<br /> Effect: You may reroll your check, you must take the new roll even if it is lower.<br /> <br /> Gambler's Insight<br /> Encounter ? Chaos<br /> Immediate Reaction Personal<br /> Trigger: Some one makes an opposed Bluff check.<br /> Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to your Insight roll.<br /> <br /> Lucky Reversal <br /> Encounter ? Chaos<br /> Minor Action Personal<br /> Effect: Roll 1d4, if you roll high make a saving throw for each effect that ends with a save effecting you with a bonus equal to your charisma bonus, if you roll low you only get to make one save at the end of your turn.<br /> <br /> Level 3 Encounter Chances:<br /> <br /> Dancing Dice:<br /> You send a handful of dice spinning around the battle attacking anyone who passes them.<br /> Daily ? Chaos, Implement, Zone<br /> Standard Action Burst 2 within 10 squares. <br /> Requirement: Must be wielding the Dice Implement.<br /> Target: Each creature in burst<br /> Attack: Charisma vs. Ref<br /> Hit: 4d4 damage<br /> Effect: The burst creates a zone until the end of your next turn. Anyone who starts enters the zone or starts their turn there takes 2d4 damage and are slowed till they leave the zone. As a move action you can move the zone up to 4 squares <br /> Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

That is all I did before I gave up on trying to get random effects work in 4E.
That is pretty good, and I can see why some people thought I was using your as a base. You had some very good power names though.

At first, I thought the random effects would make the class horrible. So I compensated by having the results of the powers with backlash effects be better than you should be able to get at that level, and by providing a class feature and multiple utility powers that let you influence your luck, making it so that a high level gambler has a lot of control over his powers, despite their random nature.

Additionaly, there are enough options to avoid the having too many random effects.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
That is pretty good, and I can see why some people thought I was using your as a base. You had some very good power names though.

At first, I thought the random effects would make the class horrible. So I compensated by having the results of the powers with backlash effects be better than you should be able to get at that level, and by providing a class feature and multiple utility powers that let you influence your luck, making it so that a high level gambler has a lot of control over his powers, despite their random nature.

Additionaly, there are enough options to avoid the having too many random effects.

Having a little wiggle control on the rolls was what I was planing for the class but I just felt over all it was something that I'd need to see how more WotC stuff goes before I fully finish the class.
Kind of like how I am waiting for the Beast Ranger path before I start on my Pet Monster class.

But ya, I like your style a lot. keep up the good work.
Thanks, glad you like it.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Lancer has been updated, mostly just some spelling errors.

Added a new Epic Destiny that was previously within the Lancer PDF, the Weapon Master, now with it's own download.

Work In Progress is now complete through level 25.

Still looking for critiques and suggestions, if anybody cares to offer them. Particuarly names for the work in progress.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
About weapon master's "chosen weapon":

Chosen Weapon (21st level): Choose a single weapon you are proficient with. You may add this weapons associated
ability score to the damage dealt when you make a successful attack.

Do you actually mean ability SCORE? or ability MOD? Also, i take it you mean the associated ability from the list given with the fighter, such as heavy blades using dex.
Yeah, and it should be modifier. I've already changed it.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I just found out that I had the wrong file uploaded in the Gambler. If you've been trying to download the Gambler and were getting the Summoner, IO apologize. It is now fixed.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
I have to say, I think the way the summoner class was made in some ways was really good, but in others not good.
Really the only thing that was blah to me was that the player summons specific creatures, in reality I think they should summon creature types (luker, brute, skirmisher, etc; no elites or solos).
As for implements, I think their choice in implements should be a boon to them, but a boon to their summoned minions. I think making a generic summoned creature like they did for the animal companion for the ranger would be far better then handing them a list of monsters to try and exploit. Just my oppinion. Other then that, I have to say...thanks this gives me a good baseline to work with for one of my players.
No problem at all. Glad I was able to help.

I had considered generic summons, but I went in favor of the imagery. Using a power that summons a red dragon is cooler than a power that summons a soldier.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Lancer PDF has been updated. The following items were changed.

Show
The Flurry of Blows class feature has been renamed Tumultuous Onslaught.

The Precision Strike class feature has been renamed Accurate Assault

The Iron Wall power (Daily 29) has had a duration added to the slow.

Dazzling Assault and Blindng Assault (Encounter 3 and Encounter 13) have had the effect of their secondary attack clarified.

All blasts within the PDF have been changed to target enemies only.

Rishing Strike (At-Will), Aerial Assault (Paragon 11), Meteroic Assault (Paragon 20), Lancer's Assault (Encounter 27), and Leaping Attack (Encounter 13) have been altered. They are now considered charges.

Finally, formatting has been altered slightly, to more closely match the PHB.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Enemies only? Wow.

Really pushing the controller aspect aren't you?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Enemies only for blasts. The bursts are still indiscriminate. It was just pointed out to me that blasts are a bit more focuses than bursts, and so weapon blasts could be allowed be enemies only without hurting anything/

And of course I'm pushing the controller aspect. The class is trying to be a martial controller.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Summoner has been updated. I've altered the formatting mostly, though the summoning keyword did recieve some extra lines

The sustain text on every daily power has been removed. The effect has been written into the summoning keyword.

The summoning keyword has additional text now. First, all powers with the summoning keyword remain for the entire encounter, unless the power otherwise says so. This has no mechanical change, since encounter powers all say they last a round, and all dailies were free to sustain anyway.

Additionally, I've added an extra section to the summoning keyword, that allows you and your summons to both benefit from some actions. Specifically, if you use your second wind, your ceatures gains the benefit. If you take a total defense, so does your creature. And finally, when you use a move actgion, you can move your summon as well. These changes were inspired by the Beastmaster ranger.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Dreadnought has been updated slightly. The bonuses provided by the Tactics class feature have been typed.

Additionally, Utility 16 Slide Through the Gap has been changed from a Move Action to a Minor Action.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Work in Progress now has all base powers.

I'm taking one last open request for names before I decide on one.

Additionally, I'm taking any suggestions on Paragon Paths for this guy as well.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Sign In to post comments