Picto-Celtic stuff

1 post / 0 new
I'm toying with the idea of an alternate fighter for the pseudo picto-celtic campaign I am starting to work on.

I arbitrarily assigned higher hit points to make up for the lack of armor. I am not too worried about game balance but I would like to know what yall think, any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Pict Warrior

CLASS TRAITS
Racial Restrictions: Human only
Armor Proficiencies: Light shield
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, military melee, simple ranged
Bonus to Defense: +2 Fortitude
Hit Points at 1st Level: 20 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 8
Healing Surges per Day: 10 + Constitution modifier
Trained Skills: Choose three trained skills at 1st level from the list below.
Class Skills: Athletics (Str), Endurance (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Nature (Wis), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex)
Class Features: Cult of the Severed Head, Boar Hunter, Woad Warrior

Cult of the Severed Head
If you are the only one who has damaged an opponent from fully healed down to bloodied and you score a critical hit with a sword or axe you decapitate your enemy.
Boar Hunter
You gain +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC when using a Spear and Shield or a longspear
Woad Warrior
You gain a bonus to Armor Class equal to your Wisdom modifier if you go into battle covered in woad (without armor or shield).

I also was thinking about possibly adding some rituals as well. I'm not very familiar with customizing the rules so the levels assigned are random. Any thoughts on improving or refining these?

Rituals
Battle Blessing
You ask the Raven Queen for glory in battle.
Level: 5
Category: Warding
Time: 1 hour
Duration: 12 hours
Key Skill: Religion
You must drown a prisoner and throw a head taken in battle into a large body of water (lake, spring, sacred well, ocean, etc).
At the completion of this ritual make a Religion check and the result determines the bonus.
Religion Check
19 or lower: +1 to AC
20–39: +2 to AC
40 or higher: +3 to AC

Crows Feast
You honor the Raven Queen for victory in battle.
Level: 1
Duration: See below
You must throw your weapons used in battle into a large body of water (lake, spring, sacred well, ocean, etc).
At the completion of this ritual you receive a +3 bonus to all defenses, make a Religion check and the result determines the duration.
Religion Check
19 or lower: 1 hour
20–39: 1 day
40 or higher: 1 week

Heroes Chalice
You draw strength from your fallen enemy.
Level: 5
Duration: Permanent
You craft your enemy's skull into a drinking cup. must be from one taken in battle and you cannot have more than one.
If you drink from your cup during a feast you gain a bonus to your next attack roll or saving throw,
make a Religion check once per feast and the result determines the bonus.
Religion Check
19 or lower: +1
20–39: +2
40 or higher: +3