New and Tweaked Exploits to Help a Player's Character

1 post / 0 new
I put this information in character development last night. I received 15 looks but no comments. I thought I put it in the wrong forum so I decided to try to get some feedback here.

I am the DM in a game that has been running since 2 weeks after 4th Edition hit the shelves. We only play every two weeks and we have had to postpone or cancel a couple of sessions so the player's are only now getting to 2nd level (rl creeps in from time to time and it sucks).

One of my player's had an idea for a Whip fighting character. He sees his character as a Dexterity-based fighter. I found a Whip from one of the forums and he liked it. We have tried to create this character as a Fighter, Ranger and a Rogue. The Fighter and Ranger didn't seem to fit, at least with my understanding of the rules back in June. We settled on Rogue and I tweaked the requirements on the rogue powers to include the whip.

After several sessions the character quite simply sucks. The player isn't complaining but I can see it. He doesn't really use any of the Rogue abilities because he tries to stay at least 1 square away and I believe Flanking requires him to be adjacent to the target so he doesn't get his sneak attack damage.

Today I decided to create and/or modify some powers so I could come up with a Finnese/Whip Fighter Build. I would like some feedback on the Exploits before I show the player what Chak (his character's name) would look like as a Fighter. (If anyone can tell me how to format these powers better I am listening.)

Quick Strike Fighter Attack 1
With a quick series of thrusts and swings you are able to slip past your opponent's defenses to score a telling blow.

At-Will ۰ Martial,Weapon
Standard Action Melee
weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexteriy modifier damage
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Miss: Half Strength modifier damage. If you are wielding a flail, spear or light blade, you deal Dexterity modifier damage.

Kerblang! Fighter Attack 1
You are able to manuever your foe close to you so you can bash him with your shield.

At-Will ۰ Martial,Weapon
Standard Action Melee
weapon
Requirement: You must be using a shield and wielding a flail.
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and you pull the target 1 square if it is your size, smaller than you, or one size category larger.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: You deal Strength modifier damage and you push the target 1 square if it is your size, smaller than you, or one size category larger.

Quicker than the Eye Fighter Attack 1
Your enemy has made a fatal mistake by attacking you while being much slower than you. You make a sudden retaliatory attack leaving him flat on his back.
Encounter ۰ Martial,Weapon
Immediate Reaction Melee
weapon
Trigger: An enemy makes a melee attack against you.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: [1W] + Dexterity modifier, and you knock the target prone.

Time for a Breather Fighter Attack 1
After each mighty swing, you bring your shield to bear and use It to push your enemy back.
Daily ۰ Healing, Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Standard Action Melee
weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, the target is dazed and you can spend ahealing surge.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ray