Opportunist Rogues

1 post / 0 new
Ok, I really don't understand why rogues can't get sneak attack damage on opportunity attacks, so here are three options I'd like input on:

Option 1: The Opportunist Rogue class option. This would be an additional option for the rogue class that the player would choose at creation, (as with Rogue Tactics):

Rogue Habit (can't come up with a better name right now.)
Another way that rogues operate in a variety of ways is that some are naturally part of a team and others work better alone.

Choose one of the following options:

Party Rogue: This is the default build for Rogues. You work well as part of a team and gain the full benefit of flanking listed on p. 285 of the PHB, including Combat Advantage.

Loner Rogue: You are more used to working alone, not working as part of a team. Though others can benefit flanking an enemy with you, you do not. However, you do gain combat advantage against enemies who provoke opportunity attacks.

Option 2: The Opportunist Rogue feat. This is pretty much self-explanatory.

Opportunist
Prerequisite: Dex 15
Benefit: You gain combat advantage against enemies who provoke opportunity attacks.

Option 3: The Opportunist Rogue Paragon Path. This would be the third option and would take a lot more work. If this is the path that most see balanced, I'll do some work, but I'm leaning towards the easier class option or feat.