H1-H3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

987 posts / 0 new
Last post
@Myrhdraak

I'm running P1 now, and I can safely say it is by far the best of your conversions I've run so far (I didn't run your H1 conversion, but wish I had, because it looks like it tied the kind of scattered H1 together much in the way your conversion did for H2).
P2: Monster Update

More monsters updated. I have now added Encounter L12 to L14 [Page 79-82 in the Monster Update].

Show
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS IN HERE - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY PLAYING THE ADVENTURES

P2: Monster Update

More monsters updated. I have now added Encounter L15 to V1, finishing off all the drow encounters in the enclave. Now I will start looking at the encounters in Deadhold [Page 83-85 in the Monster Update].

Show
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS IN HERE - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY PLAYING THE ADVENTURES

P2: Monster Update Finished

I have now added Encounter V4 to V10, finishing off all the encounters in P2. Vacation is over but I still think I managed to squeeze out some good work from it. Might do some small additions to P2, like the agenda of Lareen as well as some player visions from the Raven Queen. 

Show

Questions about Nightbringer's role in the conversion...

I like how the conversion places Nightbringer in the party's hands early enough in the module (and places emphasis on its role in the conclusion) that the group will have to ally with the sword, at least in the short term.

My confusion lies with what happens to the sword at the end of the module. Obviously if the party places it in Orcus' hands it he takes off with the sword, but if they 'plunge it into the eye' does the sword disappear, or does Nightbringer's bearer just need to clean off some vitreous humor before getting back to work?

My game's warlord has gotten really attached to his longsword over the years (it's Aecris from Sir Keegan in H1, that's been upgraded a time or two), and I have this idea to have it shatter during the fight with Zirithian (to make not taking up Nightbringer an even tougher choice, and to give him a chance at an awesome 'reforging' story moment later on)... But in planning this out, I realized neither the printed module, nor the conversion, do a very good job of discussing the sword's ultimate disposition (even where it crops back up in the epic tier there seems to be an assumption that no one in the party already had it in their possession...)

Ideas? Opinions?

I like how the conversion places Nightbringer in the party's hands early enough in the module (and places emphasis on its role in the conclusion) that the group will have to ally with the sword, at least in the short term.

My confusion lies with what happens to the sword at the end of the module. Obviously if the party places it in Orcus' hands it he takes off with the sword, but if they 'plunge it into the eye' does the sword disappear, or does Nightbringer's bearer just need to clean off some vitreous humor before getting back to work?

My game's warlord has gotten really attached to his longsword over the years (it's Aecris from Sir Keegan in H1, that's been upgraded a time or two), and I have this idea to have it shatter during the fight with Zirithian (to make not taking up Nightbringer an even tougher choice, and to give him a chance at an awesome 'reforging' story moment later on)... But in planning this out, I realized neither the printed module, nor the conversion, do a very good job of discussing the sword's ultimate disposition (even where it crops back up in the epic tier there seems to be an assumption that no one in the party already had it in their possession...)

Ideas? Opinions?

You are right. I have started looking a little bit at P3 and realizes that it is no clear transfer between P2 to E1 in the story right now. I realized I need to make a clear tie in the final battle with Karavakos that put information about Death's Reach at their hands as well as a clear path to Nightwyrm Fortress. However, I have not worked it out in my head yet. And Nightbringer should as you say play an important role somewhere in the story. Needs some glasses of wine to solve it 

You are right. I have started looking a little bit at P3 and realizes that it is no clear transfer between P2 to E1 in the story right now. I realized I need to make a clear tie in the final battle with Karavakos that put information about Death's Reach at their hands as well as a clear path to Nightwyrm Fortress. However, I have not worked it out in my head yet. And Nightbringer should as you say play an important role somewhere in the story. Needs some glasses of wine to solve it 

Woo! Helping.

Going from P2 to P3 shouldn't be *too* hard, so long as you've established a connection and relationship with the powers that be interested in Etherean's missing soul. I plan on setting it up at the end of P1 with a "You go check with the mages, we'll look into our missing Prince" bit of RP with folk in Celduilon. Then a magical sending from folk in Celduilon/Therund at the end of P2 telling them about funeral/results of search sets up the regular start of P3 (as they put Etherean's head and effects in the ground and Moyshanna, or mysterious figure of choice shows up to provide Urishtar explanation).

Woo! Helping.

Going from P2 to P3 shouldn't be *too* hard, so long as you've established a connection and relationship with the powers that be interested in Etherean's missing soul. I plan on setting it up at the end of P1 with a "You go check with the mages, we'll look into our missing Prince" bit of RP with folk in Celduilon. Then a magical sending from folk in Celduilon/Therund at the end of P2 telling them about funeral/results of search sets up the regular start of P3 (as they put Etherean's head and effects in the ground and Moyshanna, or mysterious figure of choice shows up to provide Urishtar explanation).

Personally I would like to make Nightwyrm Fortress some part of Orcus elaborate plan, tying it together with the rest of the story. I would also like to introduce the Ashen Covenant in P3, so that the players can start to learn to hate them. I am also lacking city adventure in the series, I have therefore thought about replacing Vaester with Gloomwrought where the Nightwyrm Fortress is some part of the Ashen Covenants plan to bring Orcus to power. However, I have not worked out any details yet. Just some parts on my wish list.
I'm interested in the idea of working Gloomwrought into things... but given the way P1 has established the "Lost Soul We Care About" as an eladrin prince, how were you thinking of fiddling around Vaester and Gloomwrought?

I think the easiest way to insert some Ashen Covenant into this, would be to make it a bit of a trianglular conflict. The Covenant has been working to pry open Nerull's Gate and gain access to Death's Reach. Maybe Urishtar's efforts to divert souls are preventing the Covenant from homing in on the way into the Primordial's garbage heap? Maybe the Ashen Covenant could be lurking around the edges of the adventure, prodding the heroes into killing Urishtar (or Urishtar into killing the heroes) and then mopping up whoever is left. Maybe they could fake the party out early on in the module, make our heroes *think* Urishtar is part of an Orcus plot, when really they're in conflict.

Might be a good way to introduce some of the baddies who make an appearance at the beginning of E1?
I'm interested in the idea of working Gloomwrought into things... but given the way P1 has established the "Lost Soul We Care About" as an eladrin prince, how were you thinking of fiddling around Vaester and Gloomwrought?

I think the easiest way to insert some Ashen Covenant into this, would be to make it a bit of a trianglular conflict. The Covenant has been working to pry open Nerull's Gate and gain access to Death's Reach. Maybe Urishtar's efforts to divert souls are preventing the Covenant from homing in on the way into the Primordial's garbage heap? Maybe the Ashen Covenant could be lurking around the edges of the adventure, prodding the heroes into killing Urishtar (or Urishtar into killing the heroes) and then mopping up whoever is left. Maybe they could fake the party out early on in the module, make our heroes *think* Urishtar is part of an Orcus plot, when really they're in conflict.

Might be a good way to introduce some of the baddies who make an appearance at the beginning of E1?

Yes I like it. Maybe Urishtar is part of Vecnas plan of world domination. Not only getting the souls but also all their memories and knowledge (as Vecna shows up in the E-series). The Ashen Covenant have found out about it and is tricking the PCs to stop this "Orcus threat", when in reality they are helping them furthering Orcus plans. Once the players learn that they have been tricked into acting as puppets for Orcus they will definetly hate the Ashen Covenant in E1.
H1: Cleaned up and Finalized

Was planning to do a final nice print out of H1 when, as we now have finished playing it, so I have done a clean up of it. Upgraded the DCs in it to the new levels, as well as added the NPC Portraits I used while playing it. I have also added a list of content.

Show

Something that's been bugging me, as I've been prepping for P2, is that as awesome as the Zirithian/Karavakos&Orcus conflict could be, there's not a lot in the conversion beyond the (admittedly cool) bit of prose at the start, and a note about diplomacy with Zirithian in the fight with him.

I'm considering modifying some of the module's encounters to have some extra undead/demons, and have some of them fighting each other (with signs that some work for Karavakos, some for Zirithian) along with the PCs. Kind of like how the drow and the undead are fighting in some of the encounters.

I'm going to pepper interactions with drow NPCs with mentions of how the siege has loosened a bit, as it seems the undead are turning on each other. Maybe even establish that during the very first encounter, with the drider and company being ambushed by the ghouls. Might even have another group of undead roll in after the first wave to ambush those attacking the drow (and then turn on the drow).

What do folk think? Too complicated? We've already got a three way conflict (Drow/Undead/PCs) would making the whole thing properly four sided (splitting the undead into Team Zirithian and Team Karavakos) be too much of a headache?

And now I'm picturing teenybopper drow ghouls in "Team Zirithian" and "Team Karavakos" t-shirts slugging it out. Oy...
I am not sure I would go for that, it might make it too complicated as you say.
However, you have a point that the fact that Karavakos now rules Deadhold should have some effect. Maybe Zirithian is not recieving the endless supply of zomibies from Deadhold anymore - his supply lines being cut. The drow that was almost losing the battle is now able to withhold the hordes. Orcus presence might not be so strong anymore as the demon prince have moved on, now focusing on the information he has gained from Karavakos.

However, you have a point that the fact that Karavakos now rules Deadhold should have some effect. Maybe Zirithian is not recieving the endless supply of zomibies from Deadhold anymore - his supply lines being cut. The drow that was almost losing the battle is now able to withhold the hordes. Orcus presence might not be so strong anymore as the demon prince have moved on, now focusing on the information he has gained from Karavakos.

Ooo, I think that totally works. And all it would involve is some additional details like abandoned encampments and other signs of what had once been a larger occupying force, coupled with information from the drow/ambassador(s) during RP interaction about a sudden drop off in the levels of undead (and possibly conversations overheard by stealthy scouts...)

That would definitely work. And hey, one of the best places to put those tidbits of knowledge would be in those skill challenges where the party is moving around in undead occupied Phaervorul on their way to Zirithian.
Sadly to much work at home and at work right now to have much energy left at evenings. I updated the monster statistics for Kuo-toa and Sahuagin in P2 and H2 respectively.
Sadly to much work at home and at work right now to have much energy left at evenings. I updated the monster statistics for Kuo-toa and Sahuagin in P2 and H2 respectively.

No worries Myrh, I don't think anyone here sees this project as anything but a purely voluntary labor of love. We'll muddle along while you're busy, and look forward to your next update. ^_^
awesome work here. i just finished running KoTS during our last game and am now discovering this. I am going to work in the hooks and use your full conversion for H2 and H3.

this may have already been touched on but I noticed that in the background story it intially says Karavokos rose to power 500 years ago but in the player hand out (which I'd like to use), it tells a story about it happening 2 centuries ago. this should be an easy fix but my OCD is bugging me out cause I really want to use that handout but dont want to contradict my timeline in the history of Karavokos and Saruun Khel.
awesome work here. i just finished running KoTS during our last game and am now discovering this. I am going to work in the hooks and use your full conversion for H2 and H3. this may have already been touched on but I noticed that in the background story it intially says Karavokos rose to power 500 years ago but in the player hand out (which I'd like to use), it tells a story about it happening 2 centuries ago. this should be an easy fix but my OCD is bugging me out cause I really want to use that handout but dont want to contradict my timeline in the history of Karavokos and Saruun Khel.

Ok, it is updated. I have a vague memory that I orginally wanted the old historian to be wrong in the dating, but it could just as well be a mistake. I have updated it to match the background text. 

Table of Content and XP Analysis

I have added a table of content to all the conversion guides. I have also added the XP analysis to all the conversion in order for you DM's to keep track of the XP progression in the adventure compared to the original adventure.

Show

Ooo, I think that totally works. And all it would involve is some additional details like abandoned encampments and other signs of what had once been a larger occupying force, coupled with information from the drow/ambassador(s) during RP interaction about a sudden drop off in the levels of undead (and possibly conversations overheard by stealthy scouts...)

That would definitely work. And hey, one of the best places to put those tidbits of knowledge would be in those skill challenges where the party is moving around in undead occupied Phaervorul on their way to Zirithian.

I have added a information about the stalmate between the two armies in the "The Undead Horde" section [Page 38-40]. An Insight check will allow the adventurers to understand the battlefield and what is going on.

Ideas? Opinions?

I have updated the ending of P2 building on the role of the Keeper to deliver the Secret of Karavakos to the players. I think it will work well. Next step will be to try to come up with some nice tie to P3....

P3: Nightwyrm Fortress

I have been trying to read up on P3: Nightwyrm Fortress. The general feedback I am finding is that it is very linear, hack-n-slash, no NPC interaction, encounters stacking stun conditions on the players - making encounters last for ages. People have abandoned the H1-E3 arc when hitting P3. Which does not sound encouraging!?!!

Is there anybody who have run the adventure which can share experience and recommendations on how the adventure can be improved?
awesome work here. i just finished running KoTS during our last game and am now discovering this. I am going to work in the hooks and use your full conversion for H2 and H3. this may have already been touched on but I noticed that in the background story it intially says Karavokos rose to power 500 years ago but in the player hand out (which I'd like to use), it tells a story about it happening 2 centuries ago. this should be an easy fix but my OCD is bugging me out cause I really want to use that handout but dont want to contradict my timeline in the history of Karavokos and Saruun Khel.

Ok, it is updated. I have a vague memory that I orginally wanted the old historian to be wrong in the dating, but it could just as well be a mistake. I have updated it to match the background text. 

Awesome! Thanks again, totally stoked on this conversion.
P3: Nightwyrm Fortress

I have been trying to read up on P3: Nightwyrm Fortress. The general feedback I am finding is that it is very linear, hack-n-slash, no NPC interaction, encounters stacking stun conditions on the players - making encounters last for ages. People have abandoned the H1-E3 arc when hitting P3. Which does not sound encouraging!?!!

Is there anybody who have run the adventure which can share experience and recommendations on how the adventure can be improved?

I haven't run it yet myself, but your remarks about it being a stun-fest got me worried so I began digging around...

It does look like it's a stun/daze-heavy adventure, more dazes than stuns, but they both suck.

Once the party is through the caverns leading up to Sarine's Tomb it does seem pretty linear (more like the series of encounters you added to the beginning of P2 than the wide-open sandbox of Phaervorul) though it does have the option of scaling the teeth, which could lead to a terrible death by the party since they'd be jumping to some of the more challenging encounters right at the start.

There's piles of NPC interactions though. You've got the funeral, meeting Moyshanna, interactions with Sarine's Skull (if the party is lucky enough to pick it up), the encounter with the Dracolich has the potential to be very memorable, and I've already come up with accents to use when roleplaying the ghost brothers in encounter D3. Plently of places for a creative DM to make with the memorable RP.

I'm at a loss as to how to tone down the dazing (if at all). The monsters are all so thematically linked that short of rebuilding them with slightly different powers... I don't know.

I might single out a bunch of monsters/powers with 'save ends' effects and make them 'until the end of the next turn' effects instead.

My thinking so far is maybe not to have a too tight connection between P2 and P3. Actually leaving some room for the players to rest and recover.

However, soon they are summoned by representatives from the Temple of the Raven Queen. There they learn about the escalation of strange deaths which can neither be raised or communicated with. During their visit in the temple there is an assassination attempt on them. Some clues indicates the Ashen Covenant behind it and they learn more about this evil cult. The clues are also pointing towards Gloomwrought.

The priests open a portal to Gloomwrought and the PCs will have to solve the mystery of the strange deaths by visiting various places within Gloomwrought. More assassination attempts are made on their lives, and the PCs have their first encounters with Maulurien the Black Dragon. Their investigations finally leads them to the Tomb of Sartine, and from there to Magrathar's Teeth (or potentially some travelling through the Shadowfell to reach it).

What do you think?

My thinking so far is maybe not to have a too tight connection between P2 and P3. Actually leaving some room for the players to rest and recover.

However, soon they are summoned by representatives from the Temple of the Raven Queen. There they learn about the escalation of strange deaths which can neither be raised or communicated with. During their visit in the temple there is an assassination attempt on them. Some clues indicates the Ashen Covenant behind it and they learn more about this evil cult. The clues are also pointing towards Gloomwrought.

The priests open a portal to Gloomwrought and the PCs will have to solve the mystery of the strange deaths by visiting various places within Gloomwrought. More assassination attempts are made on their lives, and the PCs have their first encounters with Maulurien the Black Dragon. Their investigations finally leads them to the Tomb of Sartine, and from there to Magrathar's Teeth (or potentially some travelling through the Shadowfell to reach it).

What do you think?

I really like the Gloomwrought idea, especially how you're thinking of including Maulurien (bit of a prelude to more involvement come E1), and introducing some more metropolitan scheming to things.

One thing you might want to take into consideration is that unless you plan on putting a lot of (c) Wizards material in your conversion, you might end up only serving folks who purchase the (upwards of $40 American) Gloomwrought boxed set, by placing the action in a pre-published fleshed out setting.

That being said, I own that setting, and have a PC in my campaign (and a smattering of NPCs) from Gloomwrought, so I wouldn't object.

Going to end up having to scale back XP rewards again though, adding all the extra content.

How will Nightbringer feature in all that? I'm still curious on peoples' ideas on how to use it, beyond plunging the sword into an eye or hand in Death Home.
And by the way Myrh, good job grabbing post #666 on the thread. Kudos man.
P3: Prologue

Finally started with the Prologue to P3. This is the part I like the most, as it sets the scene of the adventure. I remember reading this in the old Dead Gods adventure in the Planescape setting, and I really loved it. It creates a mood and a feeling for the adventure that is hard to replace. Hope you like it too.

Show

Monster Update

Added the new statistics for foulspawn and grimlocks. They were even nastier than the version I had made.   >:-)

Show

Well, I've finally finished running H3: pyramid. Went quite well I think. The players seemed to enjoy it. I ended up making a few changes to it, but nothing too major.
Someone else is running P1 so I won't be posting for a while. But chances are I will run P2 in about 6 months.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. Your work has vastly improved the standard adventures. Without your input, they would be rather drab and unmemorable.
So I kicked off H2 over the weekend. (doing
a shortened Cairn of the Winter King as a prelude, but anyway) Before the PC's left Winterhaven for Thunderspire, the player with the Rod of Ruin made it a point to get ris of it and he ended up passing it off to Valthrun the Precient.

Any tips on how I can keep the flashbacks in the game? I've thought of saying that it carried a curse of reoccuring nightmares and visions. Ive also thought of making it reappear after an extended rest until it is 'very satisfied'. Help please!
....they also gave Valthrun the mirror in the beginning of H1 so I like the idea of making Valthrun converted to Orcus now. Maybe I'll throw that in somewhere in H3 but for now I gotta deal with this Rod of Ruin dilema.
....they also gave Valthrun the mirror in the beginning of H1 so I like the idea of making Valthrun converted to Orcus now. Maybe I'll throw that in somewhere in H3 but for now I gotta deal with this Rod of Ruin dilema.

Sounds like you already have a good idea to spin on. Maybe the mirror and the Rod of Ruin "inspired" Valthrun to become a follower of Orcus, maybe even helping him getting access to some rituals that turned some people in Winterhave into ghouls. Now he is after the Sea of Shadows were the Rod is leading him. Your adventurers can hear rumors of this old man with his ghoul henchmen that came asking a lot of questions in the Hall of Seven-Pillars. Maybe the players understand it being Vathrun based on the description or that somebody in the hall recognized him. After a HARD fight in the tunnels, or maybe at the shores of the Sea of Shadows (maybe he is summoning the wights there?) the players should be more careful about leaving evil artifacts around.
"Lord of the White Field" in Dungeon 184, might be cut down and adopted into Winterhave after Vathrun left it as a ghoul infested net. Levelwise it could fit in after H2.

/Myrhdraak
I am looking for inspiration and set ups/encounters that could be reused for an all city-based adventure within Gloomwrought.
However, I have had a hard time remembering any official published (4th Edition or way back edition) material were a majority of the story was played out within different locations in a city.

Any suggestions on good adventures or material I should look at?

/Myrhdraak

ah this is all good stuff i like it. also since the pc's are currently messing around in the cairn of the winterking it would have given valthrun time to arrive before them.

i decided i can work in some of the flashbacks as well since we have a new player that just came into the game. he is a minotaur shaman who's back story involved being a slave inthe underdark to a group of mind flayers. most of his memory was erased prior to his escape.

im gonna play out his ancestory being linked to saruun khel and visions/flashbacks will begin happening in certain parts of h2.

thanks for the advice and thanks again for your hard work.
I am looking for inspiration and set ups/encounters that could be reused for an all city-based adventure within Gloomwrought.
However, I have had a hard time remembering any official published (4th Edition or way back edition) material were a majority of the story was played out within different locations in a city.

Any suggestions on good adventures or material I should look at?

This map was made for a cartographer's guild challenge (you need to be signed up to view I think). It is a battle map of a tower top with bats - perfect for an epic gloomwrought urban battle methinks. Might provide inspiration for the finale of a 3-D battle.

www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.ph... 

Hi all, of course like everybody else I would like to thank Myrhdraak for the great conversion.

I'm an "old" gamer (started in 1980 with D&D) who decided about a year ago to start again. We immediately jumped to 4th edition and found it was really good fun (like WoW but in RPG form).

I wanted to have a line of modules starting at level 1 and going all the way to level 30. Since I had acquired the Orcus figurine I decided to try out KotS.

At the moment my players have had a great time and just finished H1. And there I have an "issue". They have to go to Thunderspire but by doing this they pass through Fallcrest (see map in DMG). At the start of H3 conversion you write that the players enter Fallcrest and they hear that there is a pyramid floating above the town, but it has been there for the last two weeks. Isn't it better that the pyramid appeared a couple of days after the PC's pass through Fallcrest? Or am I missing some important clue? It would be good if the player's are the reason that the pyramid appeared in the first place (by triggering something). And wouldn't it be nice to have some action in Fallcrest the first time they pass through it?

I will post my story of H1 if people are interested.
Hi all, of course like everybody else I would like to thank Myrhdraak for the great conversion.

I'm an "old" gamer (started in 1980 with D&D) who decided about a year ago to start again. We immediately jumped to 4th edition and found it was really good fun (like WoW but in RPG form).

I wanted to have a line of modules starting at level 1 and going all the way to level 30. Since I had acquired the Orcus figurine I decided to try out KotS.

At the moment my players have had a great time and just finished H1. And there I have an "issue". They have to go to Thunderspire but by doing this they pass through Fallcrest (see map in DMG). At the start of H3 conversion you write that the players enter Fallcrest and they hear that there is a pyramid floating above the town, but it has been there for the last two weeks. Isn't it better that the pyramid appeared a couple of days after the PC's pass through Fallcrest? Or am I missing some important clue? It would be good if the player's are the reason that the pyramid appeared in the first place (by triggering something). And wouldn't it be nice to have some action in Fallcrest the first time they pass through it?

I will post my story of H1 if people are interested.

Let your players get aquinted with Fallcreast as the arrive there on the way to H2, maybe make some friends, restock equipment, etc. It is first while the PCs are in Thunderspire Mountains that the pyramid appears, as a result of Pademar's activities. The first time the players see the pyramid is in the vision they have at the Sea of Shadows. Then when they come back to Fallcrest at the start of H3, they will notice the big change and effect it have had on the village.

/Myrhdraak
Yes, that was how I was thinking to solve it, you should adapt your story then (now it says “Strangers, turn around if you hold your life dear.
The gods have cursed Fallcrest!”
“A black pyramid appeared in the sky above
Fallcrest less than two weeks back.) when actually it will be one or two days back. I would also have Lord Padraig be a visitor at Fallcrest (he left town because he had to warn people and get some new guards, he could be talking with the Warden) and because they helped him in Winterhaven he can easily bring them in contact with each other, stating to the Warden that these adventurers will help solve this evil threat. When they first arrive in Winterhaven they should indeed get acquinted with some people (eg Sergeant Nerth in the tavern at night).

How can I add my story here without taking any space (I mean with an easy link). I would like to share our adventure and maybe this can help spice up someone's adventure. As I think our groups are close to each other Myrhdraak we could maybe help each other with good ideas .

Thank you for answering.
Yes, that was how I was thinking to solve it, you should adapt your story then (now it says “Strangers, turn around if you hold your life dear.
The gods have cursed Fallcrest!”
“A black pyramid appeared in the sky above
Fallcrest less than two weeks back.) when actually it will be one or two days back. I would also have Lord Padraig be a visitor at Fallcrest (he left town because he had to warn people and get some new guards, he could be talking with the Warden) and because they helped him in Winterhaven he can easily bring them in contact with each other, stating to the Warden that these adventurers will help solve this evil threat. When they first arrive in Winterhaven they should indeed get acquinted with some people (eg Sergeant Nerth in the tavern at night).

How can I add my story here without taking any space (I mean with an easy link). I would like to share our adventure and maybe this can help spice up someone's adventure. As I think our groups are close to each other Myrhdraak we could maybe help each other with good ideas .

Thank you for answering.

I think one or two days to run through the whole H2 is quite optimistic. Its 3 levels, each level with maybe 10 encounters on average, totalling 30 encounters (even though I believe it to be more). Maybe an average of 3-4 encounters per extended rest would be 7-10 extended rests. You can only make one extended rest per day (if I remember correctly), meaning 7-10 days. Then you have travelling time to and from Thunderspire, as well as exploration of the tunnels in Thunderspire, anything between 3-5 days maybe. Totalling 10-15 days. Having the pyramid appear "two weeks ago" may still be after the players have left Fallcrest.

Anyway, as to bringing in your story, I really appreciate the sharing of the experience of playing the Orcus series. If you like me have a broadband subscription with dedicated web page you can always publish it there and link to it. Or go to any blog site and write the progress there and link it in. If you in this forum can share your DM experiece to other DMs, it would ge great.

/Myrhdraak

Sign In to post comments