Victorian Steampunk D&D world

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi I would like help in creating a D&D world that is Victorian and Steampunkish with some Magic, which exist side by side.

So what source books would I need?, also I would like this to become a official world as well.

LW
Unless they hold another contest it won't be official.

Are you 3.5?

If so you're looking at Eberron, a little Forgotten Realms...

And a lot of house work. What do you want from "Victorian"?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
There's a D20 book from Legends and Lairs called Sorcery and Steam you could check out as well.
Have that source book and Steampunk as well, I know that 4th version doesn't have any source books out that can help me out but I want to create an 1870 D&D world like that PC game called Steamworks as part of the title.

A world were Magic and Science don't walk hand and hand together,

LW
Have you ever played Rise of Legends?

A world where science and magic coexist, but don't overlap. Science proucing clockwork creations.

Magic creating animated constructs..

Is that the kind of feeling you'd like?

there are no sourcebooks in this edition for that. However you could adapt older editions. Start with the basics and work your way up.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Also, I'd recommend that you take a look at the PC game Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura if you can, a really good game in a steampunk, high-fantasy-setting.
"Castle Falkenstein" has a lot of things you could use. It's an old R. Talsorian Games (they did Cyberpunk) RPG that had about six or seven supplements and used cards instead of dice to keep with Victorian sensitivities. The supplement "The Lost Notebook of Leonardo DaVinci" has a lot of magically powered Steampunk equipment. You can't escape some part of technology, but it's mostly magic-centered, especially since the invention of the spell-engine. If you've seen "The Golden Compass", there's a scene where a vehicle of some sort has a big, swirling mass of energy where a front wheel should be. It's a quick scene, but it's what I always thought a spell-engine would look like.

"Amazing Engine" had a Victoriana supplement, but I can't recall the name right now.
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura is like what I want to do, an 1870 world were Human Two Patheon of Gods fight over Humans which is why Magic and Science can't get along. The Old Gods are lead by the Godess of Magic and the new ones are lead by the Mechical Goddess the first metal female shape contruct she gain godhood and wants to bring order to the world the order of the clock, The Goddess of magic hates the mechical one and what she wants for the world magic.

Iron Kingdom's would also help, specially in creating Victorian style medican,

LW