Racial Rogue Alternatives

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
(I originally posted this on the Strikers page, but then thought it would be better here.)

In 3.5, they came up with some Racial alternatives for classes. I'm looking at coming up with some of these for 4e. Here are some suggestions for the Rogue class Weapon Talents and Sneak Attack options. Let me know what you think.

Racial Class Varations: Rogue
Due to racial weapon proficiency bonuses, some races have limited Rogue Weapon Talents, but expanded options with thier Sneak Attack ability.

Dwarf
Rogue Weapon Talent
Dwarves gain no bonus when using daggers or shurikens, but treat throwing hammers as light thrown weapons. (see Sneak Attack below.)

Sneak Attack
Dwarves add warhammers and throwing hammers to the list of weapons they may wield to gain Sneak Attack damage, but lose the ability with all light blades except shortswords and katars.

Eladrin
Rogue Weapon Talent
Eladrin gain no bonus when using daggers or shurikens. (see Sneak Attack below.)

Sneak Attack
Eladrin add longswords to the list of weapons they may wield to gain Sneak Attack damage, but lose the ability with all light blades except daggers.

Elf
Rogue Weapon Talent
Elves gain no bonus when using daggers or shurikens. (see Sneak Attack below.)

Sneak Attack
Elves add shortbows and longbows to the list of weapons they may wield to gain Sneak Attack damage, but lose the ability with all crossbows.

Because eladrin were not awesome enough? (There must be something broken there...)

Theres a racial substitution thread... Kinda sank but I figure I might as well revive it. I think there's at least one Rogue substitution in it.

Anyway. Like the flavor. Dubious on the balance.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.