Adventures in general

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have to admit I was really excited to see all the modules, adventures, and campaign arcs be released in the last year for 3.5. But now, as I've read and heard in the Podcasts, 3.5 doesn't translate into 4th edition.

Seriously as someone who doesn't have a lot of time, but DM's 80% of the time, whoever created the new format for modules (all the info being laid out on two open pages) deserves a Pulitzer or some kind of a reward. I've been playing since Nov 1979 (they needed a cleric), and this is the best design ever.

Is this going to exist in the new 4th edition adventures as well, or will it go away with the 3.5 adventures. And did I hear correctly that the Anauroch: The Empire of Shade will have a 4th edition printing or an errata for it?

Thanks
I have to admit I was really excited to see all the modules, adventures, and campaign arcs be released in the last year for 3.5. But now, as I've read and heard in the Podcasts, 3.5 doesn't translate into 4th edition.

Seriously as someone who doesn't have a lot of time, but DM's 80% of the time, whoever created the new format for modules (all the info being laid out on two open pages) deserves a Pulitzer or some kind of a reward. I've been playing since Nov 1979 (they needed a cleric), and this is the best design ever.

Is this going to exist in the new 4th edition adventures as well, or will it go away with the 3.5 adventures. And did I hear correctly that the Anauroch: The Empire of Shade will have a 4th edition printing or an errata for it?

Thanks

From everything I've read and heard in the podcasts, it sounds like they have been paying very close attention to the layout and formatting of the books, as you describe. I think they have learned through player feedback (like yours here) that the way they've been doing it with the 2 page spreads has been very successful, and I would be REALLY surprised if they broke from this. To hear some of what I'm talking about, listen to the April podcast, they talk about how they are formating the Forgotten Realms source book to use this type of formatting.
Sign In to post comments