Release Date for H1

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
According to Amazon.com, the release date for adventure H1 is May 20th and the core books are June 10th.

Are those the most solid dates, or does someone have juicer info? I'm trying to decide whether to run H1 as an intro game with pre-gen characters, or wait a couple of weeks for the big books and let my players make their own heroes.

Any help is appreciated.
World Wide D&D Game Day is June 7th (my birthday). I would imagine that 4ed would be out before then, so they'll probably be out June 6th (day before my birthday).

As for H1... no idea, but don't trust Amazon dates. They throw any old date on there in the hopes that people will assume they're right and preorder books.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=985783
Announced 4thED products
Originally Posted by ENWORLD
* Dungeons of Dread Booster (D&D Miniatures Product): April 8 2008
* D&D Miniatures Game Starter (D&D Miniatures Product): April 15, 2008
* Keep on the Shadowfell: Adventure H1: May 20 2008
* Player's Handbook: Jun 6, 2008
* Dungeon Master's Guide: Jun 6, 2008
* Monster Manual: Jun 6, 2008
* 4th Edition Core Rulebook Gift Set: Jun 6, 2008
* Against the Giants: A Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Huge pack: Jul 15, 2008
* Dungeons & Dragons Character Record Sheets: Jul 15, 2008
* Halls of the Giant Kings: Dungeon Tiles: Jul 15, 2008
* Dungeons & Dragons Premium Dice: Jul 15, 2008
* Dungeons & Dragons for Dummies: July 21, 2008
* Thunderspire Labyrinth: Adventure H2: Jul 15, 2008
* Dungeon Master's Screen: Aug 19, 2008
* Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide: Aug 19, 2008
* Pyramid of Shadows: Adventure H3: Aug 19, 2008
* Forgotten Realms Player's Guide: Sep 16, 2008
* Scepter Tower of Spellgard: Adventure FR1: Sep 16, 2008
* Tome of Treasures (Suplement): Sep 16, 2008
* Dungeon Master's Guide - Deluxe Edition: Oct 21, 2008
* Monster Manual - Deluxe Edition: Oct 21, 2008
* Player's Handbook - Deluxe Edition: Oct 21, 2008
* King of the Trollhaunt Warrens: Adventure P1: Oct 21, 2008
* Martial Power (Rules Expansion): Oct 21, 2008
* Urban Lairs: DU1 - Dungeon Tiles: Oct 21, 2008
* D&D Roleplaying Game Starter Set: Accessory D&D Core: 11/2008
* Demonweb Booster Pack: Accessory Miniatures: 11/2008
* Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons Accessory D&D Core: 11/2008
* Manual of the Planes: Accessory D&D Core: 12/2008
* P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave: Adventure Dungeons & Dragons: 12/2008
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
Thats weird I picked up a starter set and two dungeons of dread expansion from my local game store last friday. The clerk said they had gotten both on Thursday the 3rd.:D
Thats weird I picked up a starter set and two dungeons of dread expansion from my local game store last friday. The clerk said they had gotten both on Thursday the 3rd.:D

Retailers often receive product a few days before release so they have time to enter it into their systems and find a place on their shelves to put it.

Such advanced releases, however, usually come with a disclaimer "Not for sale until ".

Publishers frown on product being available for sale early, and can/will do what they can to stop stores from receiving product if they become repeat offenders.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I am well aware of prerelease products. I worked in retail for over 3 years.

However having a product close to 2 weeks before release is a little extreme in the case of the starter set. I might be able to agree with the expansions if it was only 3 and a half to 4 business days early that they received it.

At most I have only seen product come in a week in advanced. That was only in a large retail environment. If there was that large a difference in release dates I don't see them shipping both starter and booster at the same time for a prerelease. Don't know about what the true dates were because the product release on wizards site only gives months.

I was only pointing out that those dates might not be entirely accurate however they may be and the store might be in the wrong.
According to Amazon.com, the release date for adventure H1 is May 20th and the core books are June 10th.

Are those the most solid dates, or does someone have juicer info? I'm trying to decide whether to run H1 as an intro game with pre-gen characters, or wait a couple of weeks for the big books and let my players make their own heroes.

Any help is appreciated.

From what I've heard, the adventure is larger than one might expect from a standard 3.x adventure. According to the podcasts, the adventure has between 30 and 40 likely encounters (which I assume means there are more than that in the adventure).

My guess is they're releasing the adventure early so you can read and review it before you have all the rules to read thru.
From what I've heard, the adventure is larger than one might expect from a standard 3.x adventure. According to the podcasts, the adventure has between 30 and 40 likely encounters (which I assume means there are more than that in the adventure).

My guess is they're releasing the adventure early so you can read and review it before you have all the rules to read thru.

It is going to have quick-start rules section, with some pre-gen characters, so you can not only read it early, but if you want you can even start running it before the PHB hits the shelves. They had originally planned to have the PHB out in May and the DMG/MM in June, but the PHB got delayed to release at the same time as the other 2 books, so now the H1 will have a section to allow for immediate play if that is what your play group is interested in.
Sign In to post comments