See for yourself - Play by Play of 4E

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
As everyone knows there's a lot of talk of how the game actually plays. I've been very fortunate to be participating in a PbP of Raiders of Oakhurst run by ieattrollsforbreakfast. So far the action has been fast and furious, and its only the third round. Kudos to IEatTrolls for the excellent maps.

What all of us players are doing is posting the rules that we are utilizing to illustrate how 4E plays. I invite everyone who's interested to take a read through and see for yourselves how one game of 4E plays out, blow by blow.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1007196

So far, as the ranger, I've took out two minions in the first round using one encounter power and an at-will attack (1st round). I was able to teleport into the room with an encounter ability, freeing up the entrance for my fellow adventures to enter, and strike at a kobold. Having missed, I used an action point and followed it up with a second attack to kill the minion (2nd round).
With the help of the cleric, I was able to free myself from a glue pot before my action, enabling me to fire two arrows at the slinger and skirmisher, doing heavy damage to the skirmisher because of hunter's quarry (3rd round).

Hopefully you all enjoy the thread as much as I've enjoyed playing in it. Comments, questions, and concerns are appreciated.
Very interesting. I have to say I'm really looking forward to getting some 4E games under my belt. I will probably play online games exclusively, so this is a really good example why D&D seems well adapted to Play-By-Post and other text based game forms. Good flow, clear rules that takes some of the load off the GM. 4E is my first serious attempt at getting into D&D, and it looks like it will be quite the experience.
Very impressed with playing 4E.

The Raiders of Oakhurst reloaded mods a bit better though than what looks like the original one.
I will probably play online games exclusively, so this is a really good example why D&D seems well adapted to Play-By-Post and other text based game forms.

Good luck in your adventures. One issue with 4E PbP I have noticed are the numerous Immediate reactions and interrupts available. Although it seems easy enough to deal with if players are checking in regularly.
Sign In to post comments