Packaged Maps!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm excited to see that H1-3 are all coming with relevant poster maps, but I'm wondering if they'll be a slightly heavier print material in a slip cover or if they'll be a tear-out page printed on glossy stock, hyper-creased to the point that it will never lay flat and pretty much rips apart at the creases as you unfold it.

The two concerns here:

1) Stock quality. The quality of the SWSE map is decent enough, but the almost-vinyl of Zanzer Tem's Dungeon would be sweet. Any lower quality than the SWSE map would make me a sad panda.

2) Pull-out. Please don't make me mutilate my books. I know that it probably will be pull-out since it's a hardcover publication, but I wanted to let you all know that even my medication can't make me think it's "no big deal" to have to rip my book apart to play with it, and I'm pretty sure I'm far from the only D&D player with an obsessive/compulsive disorder.

Edit: all that said, thank you so much for including maps!

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

I can make due with the hyper-crease thing by just weighting it down, but I'm totally with you on the tearing part.

I mean, it still bugs me when I flip to the back of the book and find those little cerated tear marks still in there.
So can you recommend a better way to keep the map with the book while on the bookstore shelves? The only other way I can think of is to do like computer books do with cd's and that is only marginally better. You still have tear into it. Now if they did like they did with Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde and encapsulate the whole thing then people would complain that they cant view the contents of the book before purchasing it.

I personally think that the perforated pull out maps are not the best but it seems to be the best balance between cost and function. At least that is my feeling.
Greater of 2 evils: Cover the whole thing. Why not have the ripping? Because who looks at the entire thing before they purchase, if it's an adventure.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)