Necromancer Games to release 4E adventure path

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
From http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221921

Maybe you will be interested in our 4th Edition Iron Tower Adventure Path, to be published through Paizo. That's right. Adventure Path. 4E.

It will be a continuation of what you will get a glimpse of in our free 4E pdf intro adventure "Winter's Tomb."

It will have a setting larger than that from Shackled City. It wont be a full world. Buy you'll be able to run a campaign in it.

Frozen wastes.
Ancient frost giant ruins.
Demonic gnolls.
Feral elves.
An aquirable stronghold for the PCs.
An epic weapon with a legendary secret.
Descent into the underdark.
Travel to the elemental planes of fire and ice.
And to the very gates of Hell itself.

Sound good?

Oh, and if you dont think we can do old school first edition feel with 4e, think again. I guarantee it.

I am so geeked to support 4E, I can't even tell you... And just wait till you see who is going to be helping me with this.

Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
Now that looks like it might be worth a look. I'll be eagerly awaiting more informationo n this project.

love,

malkav
Frozen wastes? Ancient frost giant ruins? Demonic gnolls? Feral elves? Strongholds? An epic weapon with a legendary secret? A descent into the underdark? Travelling to the elemental planes of fire and ice? And the very gates of Hell itself?!

THIS...IS...SPARTAAAA!
And people said 4e isn't D&D.

Necromancer thinks it is, apparently, and this reads very much like a list of very fun D&D adventures.

Kudos!
Wow, its just like Rogue! :P

Sounds okay, but, like all adventure modules, will not get my dollar - I don't purchase them.
And people said 4e isn't D&D.

Necromancer thinks it is, apparently, and this reads very much like a list of very fun D&D adventures.

I wonder how much Clark/Orcus is going to have to change mechanically to get it to feel like D&D - good luck to him.
This thread, more than any other, has made me excited for 4E. Even if WotC makes a better game, one that is better mechanically, but fails to see "my vision of D&D" it's nice to have a reminder that others out there will be sharing their visions.

The fact that necromancer games will be among them brightens my day, and goads my desire to preorder the core books.

THANK YOU OP!!
I too am very excited about this.
Whoo? I have no idea who Necromancer Games is. Well might as well do what I did with Paizo a few minutes ago and figure it out.
That does look pretty snazzy. I might pick it up to steal ideas for my own budding campain!
Wow, its just like Rogue! :P

Forgive me, Rogue?

I know Paizo, and Necromancer, but this name escapes me... link?

∴ "Virtus junxit, mors non separabit." 

Forgive me, Rogue?

I know Paizo, and Necromancer, but this name escapes me... link?

There was an old computer game in the early 80's that was named Rogue. I don't know if this is what TD is referring to. The Necromancer adventure path doesn't remind me at all of that game.
Thanks guys. I'm geeked for 4E and I am firmly convinced that once the license issues get sorted out that we can absolutely bring and old school feel of play to the 4E rules. We did it with 3E. We can do it with 4E.

In fact, I happen to think that monster design and encounter design in 4E will restore some of the 1E feel that 3E lost.

First, monster design. Much easier and much more fun. Its no longer like a math problem with 4E. Scott Greene and I are loving it.

Second, the number of monsters you face. In 3E you had to majorly scale back on the number of monsters fought. Basically, 3E presumed about 12-15 level appropriate challenges (meaning, individual monsters or other challenges that earn XP) for each member of a party to increase a level. If what we are hearing from 4E is correct, it is about 10+ "encounters" in 4E to level, with each encounter meaning 5 or so level appropriate monsters. So 4E is back to 50 orcs to make 2nd level, unlike 3E which had it down to about 15.

Plus, fighting gnolls just never gets old

I have to also say that I am glad to see people support the idea that having other avenues of adventure and other views of how to play D&D actually makes them MORE excited and makes them consider adopting 4E. I think that is really important. Wizards is an awesome company. But they just cant speak to every possible purchaser. My hope is that Necromancer can connect with those old style gamers who want content that has an older school feel but uses the new rules. I know for a fact this is true. I cant tell you how many times people emailed me after the 3E launch and said "we werent going to even try 3E. it didnt look like the kind of D&D we wanted to play. but we downloaded your free adventure and that got us started." Or "we had no desire to get into 3E but I saw the Tomb of Abysthor or Tome of Horrors in the store and said 'hey, there is someone who knows what I like about D&D. my group picked up 3E and never looked back." Heck, I still get emails like that.

Hopefully we will be able to do the same for 4E because I like what I am seeing.

Will there be things abotu 4E that bug me? Of course. There were things about 3E that bugged me too. Some of those things I came to love. For instance, I HATED cyclical initiative when 3E came out. Now, I cant imagine playing any other way.

The bottom line is that D&D is about growth. Always has been. Gygax and Arneson put it out. Then they expanded it. Grew it. Changed it. They put ot Greyhawk supplement. Blackmoor. Eldritch Wizardry. Added attributes. Added percentiles. Added races. Added classes. Made classes into races (back in the day, elf was a class!). Added artifacts. Added levels. Added psionics. Then came AD&D and its changes. Then 2E. The history of D&D is change and growth. If it wasnt, we'd all still be playing PCs with only STR INT & WIS. So change is good.

Peace.

And roll initiative!

Clark
This thread, more than any other, has made me excited for 4E. Even if WotC makes a better game, one that is better mechanically, but fails to see "my vision of D&D" it's nice to have a reminder that others out there will be sharing their visions.

The fact that necromancer games will be among them brightens my day, and goads my desire to preorder the core books.

THANK YOU OP!!

And there are alot of people out there who are saying the same thing. People are looking to some of the trusted third party publishers to help them decide to adopt 4E. Its not a knock on Wizards. I am the biggest Wizards supporter there is. There are tons of posts saying the same thing--we like your vision of D&D, it speaks to how we want our game to be, and you getting involved makes me want to adopt 4E.

I got into this cause I love D&D. I hope I can do my part to keep as many people playing D&D as possible.

I guess we will see if I can get it done. I did for 3E, in a big way. And I'll admit I am proud of that.

Necromancer looks forward to helping bring you content and adventures that helps you play the game we all love with the particular feel that you enjoy and that calls to you to roll up that character and head back into the dungeon.
Necromancer looks forward to helping bring you content and adventures that helps you play the game we all love with the particular feel that you enjoy and that calls to you to roll up that character and head back into the dungeon.

Can't wait. Between Necromancer, Goodman, and WoTC, I'm starting to have visions of a huge 4E module collection... mmmm... just like old times...
Sign In to post comments