RPGA

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
So has there been any insight on what's going on with the RPGA Campaigns like the Living Greyhawk and what not? Are they going to continue to be mail order, or will they be taking advantage of the new Virtual Gaming Table at D&D insider?
Living Forgotten Realms will take Living Greyhawk's place, i think.
So has there been any insight on what's going on with the RPGA Campaigns like the Living Greyhawk and what not? Are they going to continue to be mail order, or will they be taking advantage of the new Virtual Gaming Table at D&D insider?

Living Forgotten Realms replaces Living Greyhawk. I don't know how it works since I don't play RPGA myself, but they where handing out bonuses at the D&D XP that gave you permission to use a Shadar-kai PC in LFR. There probably where other bonuses that I didn't see.

The RPGA guy I was talking to at the D&D XP said they where going to try the Virtual Gaming Table, but the regular way will be the primary one to start with.

Jay
They will make things a bit different for LFR, correcting problematic ruling and changing the way regions work.

The only Living game ran by RPGA after Origins will be Living FR. All others will be wrapped up at Origins.
The only Living game ran by RPGA after Origins will be Living FR. All others will be wrapped up at Origins.

That sucks, i really like Greyhawk. The good news is that they seem to be changing a lot of the I didn't like about FR. Sucks for the fans, but I'm intruiged to see what the finished product will look like.
From what I remember, when LG started, it was intended to run for 5 years, and then be replaced by sometihng else, so 8 years isn't a bad run.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Realms, but there are other Living style games run by other organisations for other games where I can get my organised play fix - Living Arcanis and Living Rokugan, for instance.
I spend a lot of time deployed or out of the country, so I'm excited to see how the virtual table top is going to work out. I've wanted to participate in RPGA for many years, but I'm never in any place long enough to do so.

LFR sounds cool, though I'm not a big Realms fan. Living Krynn, anyone?
At Origins 2008 we will see the finale for Living Greyhawk and Xen'Drik Expeditions. These modules will be available for home/retail play shortly after Origins ends.

Living Forgotten Realms will premier at GenCon 2008. LFR and 4E will be VERY heavily present at GenCon. The Dungeon Delve is also now 4E. Only the D&D Open remains (I *think*) 3.5.

There will be a new Eberron-based "Campaign-style (read: level bumps)" RPGA series premiering at DDXP 2009.

You can learn more in the RPGA forums (http://forums.gleemax.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=457).

Yes, I'm a big RPGA nerd. ^_^
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sign In to post comments