God Cards strategy

I was thinking everyone can't have the optimum number of a specific god in their collections and at some point they're going to try and mix and match like i have to.

So I've been trying to divy out the gods so theres 4 gods in each deck and in doing so we've realised there are a few gods that just don't seem to work well in combinations as well as others.

So what I was thinking was having a thread that specifically looks at all the gods and basically explains a gods effectivness,what kinda deck you need to support it or visaversa where they shine where they are weak and which work together best in combo decks ect ect.Would be very helpful for people trying to construct decks that maximize the gods effectivness.

Gods:

GREAT CTHULHU
strengths: attrition decks (both discard and sniping)
weakness: AMATSU; XIPE-TOTEC; HADES
requirements: none, but it's good to play this when your opponents have fewer minions out
works good with: Ancient Maiden, Dimensional Rift, Spear of Destiny, OSIRIS

HADES
strengths: Horde Decks; Altar of Atrocities; Voice of the Whisperer; Obsidian Skull
weakness: Low Bid Contract(Deck Removal); Great CTHULHU; SET
requirements: Minions in graveyard
works good with: BAALZEBUB; TIAMAT; OSIRUS; ARES

LOKI
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

MOLOCH
strengths: Martyr Decks;
weakness: Mana Destruction; Discard
requirements: Minions played as mana or made mana with fates or minions
works good with: Yog Sothoth; Yellow Sign

NYARLATHOTEP
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

SET
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

TEZCATLIPOCA
strengths: helps "When this reaps" minions get through
weakness: swarm decks; Nemesis
requirements: strong minions and minions with reaping effects
works good with: Breathstealer, Cruel Reaper, Skintaker

TIAMAT
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

AMATSU
strengths: Fate/Combat Fate decks; benefits from discard effects
weakness: Low-Bid Contract; LOKI
requirements: Fates in graveyard
works good with: Baby Blood Monkey, Being From Beyond, Callow Believer, Hiana, Torment (used on self)

ARES
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

BAALZEBUB
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

NAMTAR
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

OSIRIS
strengths: attrition decks (sniping)
weakness: rush decks; HADES; XIPE-TOTEC
requirements: minions with varying strengths
works good with: Avasculate, Dimensional Rift, GREAT CTHULHU

VAMSHUUL
strengths: Gives you more freedom when building abominations by giving you access to more triggered abilities
weakness: none
requirements: none
works good with: minions with triggered abilities

XIPE TOTEC
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:

YOG-SOTHOTH
strengths:
weakness:
requirements:
works good with:
HADES
strengths: Horde Decks; Altar of Atrocities; Voice of the Whisperer; Obsidian Skull

MOLOCH
strengths: Martyr Decks;
weakness: Mana Destruction; Discard
requirements: Minions played as mana or made mana with fates or minions
works good with: Yog Sothoth; Yellow Sign

That is enough for now. feel free to add more or edit...
updated list! thanks for adding info!
AMATSU
strengths: Fate/Combat Fate decks; benefits from discard effects
weakness: Low-Bid Contract; LOKI
requirements: Fates in graveyard
works good with: Baby Blood Monkey, Being From Beyond, Callow Believer, Hiana, Torment (used on self)

GREAT CTHULHU
requirements: none, but it's good to play this when your opponents have fewer minions out

OSIRIS

TEZCATLIPOCA
strengths: helps "When this reaps" minions get through
weakness: swarm decks; Nemesis
requirements: strong minions and minions with reaping effects
works good with: Breathstealer, Cruel Reaper, Skintaker

Note: I'm only putting the gods' names in caps to make it easy for the OP to cut & paste this into the original thread (they're gonna change it anyway, after all).
VAMSHUUL
strengths: Gives you more freedom when building abominations by giving you access to more triggered abilities
weakness: none
requirements: none
works good with: minions with triggered abilities

--mtalmuzicfan
Telling the Five-Sided Truth
4/17/12 - Started Magic the Gathering: Online <--mtalhead...for LIFE!!! \m/
can anybody clarify what kind of combos LOKI would be good for? I feel like I am missing something, because it sounds like he has a lot of potential but I am just not seeing it...
can anybody clarify what kind of combos LOKI would be good for? I feel like I am missing something, because it sounds like he has a lot of potential but I am just not seeing it...

well i think the best way is to play loki then wait until some one attacks you then play any minion you want to help defend you sence that are all concidered "combat" cards or it is the end of the player just before you then play your minions so that you mana untaps right after you play minons
It's really simple. With Loki, you play minions on someone else's turn, or immediately after declaring an attack with the abomination you want to play onto. This lets you get around the "first turn no attack" rule.
Not to mention that Loki's coming into play effect makes stall decks 73h br0xx0rz.
It's really simple. With Loki, you play minions on someone else's turn, or immediately after declaring an attack with the abomination you want to play onto. This lets you get around the "first turn no attack" rule.
Not to mention that Loki's coming into play attack makes stall decks 73h br0xx0rz.

Oh wow, I didnt realize the game worked like that, where you could attack with an abomination and then add to him after declaring the attack, given you have an effect like LOKI's....well that is pretty awesome.

So can Combat Minions work the same way then?
That is what Combat Minions are, they are minions which may be played during combat, just like combat fates. The way it works is that once an abomination is attacking, the only way to remove it from combat early is to reduce it to a single minion, so playing a minion (through Loki) onto it, or using a combat minion - regardless of whether they have haste or not, it is still attacking, but bigger now.

Does that help?

Also for Loki, I tend to use him as a FTW card. Because I've found that if he hits the board in a group game and I haven't won it, then I become a giant ass bulls eye...
Editor-in-Chief of DailyMTG.com @trickmtg Email Me
Ah see, I had thought that Combat Minions mostly just meant that you could play it during the other guy's turn for a surprise blocker or something...I didnt realize how far that extended lol =D

Thanks =]
Some people say they think Loki's concept art looks better than the art on the card. I like the way the card ties into the mythology a bit, by showing him covering his face, presumably to hide the acid burns from the snake's venom.
Also, Vamshuul has a low mana cost, meaning that it's not only good with any card with an off-color trigger ability (and the upcoming Purple Abilities!), but it's also great for bringing out followers... many of which are priced at an even X mana for X strength. If you have a God card out, though, they become much better and some of the more efficient minions in the game.

But yeah... I wonder how long it's going to take before they print a Pantheon relic that allows having more than one God at a time...
Nuclear Strike works well with YOG, HADES, AMASTSU, and anything else with a requirement: graveyard.

BINARUS
Strengths: Combat/Surprise oriented decks, fate decks, Followers (he's cheap)
Weakness: CTHULU, discard
Requirements: Combat-Speed cards in hand
Works Well With: Infusion, Halve, AMATSU
In regards to Bloody drakes post indicating the effectiveness in certain strategies of various cards, (example given below)

Gods:

GREAT CTHULHU

HADES

OSIRIS

(( ok, just out of curiosity, how can hades work good with osiris but hades is a weekeness to osiris?)) I mean no disrespect with this in any way, I am merely wondering because I think I may have missed something in the reading of this