It's MerricB week!

And a long one it is!

Merric: Oh, no worries at all. Glad to be here. I should point out, for the
folks at home, that you're not exactly mudbunny yourself.
Mudbunny: I'm not?

How existential!
I tend to ramble a bit once I get going.

The first problem is getting me talking. The second problem is stopping me! ;)

Cheers,
Merric
It was a great interview... but c'mon, I expect MerricB week to have way more blogging. Step up ;)
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
It was a great interview... but c'mon, I expect MerricB week to have way more blogging. Step up ;)

It was meant to... alas, work got in the way (and horrible horrible weather that meant I couldn't get online from home).

Coming soon...

...review of Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1
...A Farewell to 3E, part 4 (concluded!)

There's a bunch of my blogging on livejournal that isn't immediately game-related, so it doesn't appear here. (Why do I post to both? Visibility, and it allows me to piggyback the images!)

Cheers!
Yeah, I wish there were an easy way to mirror a blog from livejournal. Looks like you do have some good stuff on livejournal (used my massive deductive powers to guess the right url in one shot ;)
I am now completely and utterly sick of gleemax alpha and the lack of updates. I've written a nice long review of ASL SK#1 with pictures, and Gleemax just can't display it properly.

You can see the full version on my livejournal.
Very sorry to hear that. It is indeed very frustrating - I'll admit that I suspect they'd have been better off only bringing it out in Beta or live rather than the big public alpha test. Or doing a closed alpha with volunteers.

The biggest thing will be dropping this security script that takes what we enter and checks for bad stuff, then spits out stuff we didn't enter. Just poor.
The biggest thing will be dropping this security script that takes what we enter and checks for bad stuff, then spits out stuff we didn't enter. Just poor.

I understand why it's there, but we shouldn't also have the WYSIWYG editor at this point... Gleemax actually manages to have less functionality than your regular forum software, which is amazing.

I don't mind it being up in alpha, it's just the complete lack of updates to it that amazes me... especially when it was initially stated that it *would* be updated!

And aren't we waiting on another update which was announced a month or two ago?

Cheers!
We're waiting for the final alpha patch, yes.