Warlords of Khanar

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

This seems to have been missed during the Theros preview weeks but it seems "Huey" may likely be called Warlords of Khanar.

On September 9, 2013, WoTC filed for a trademark for "Warlords of Khanar" in the following categories:

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Interactive entertainment software, namely, video game programs; video game cartridges; multimedia computer game programs, computer game software, computer game cartridges, computer game discs, interactive video games of virtual reality comprised of computer hardware and software; downloadable software for use in playing computer games; computer game software for use with communication devices and mobile telephones; pre-recorded audio and video tapes featuring music; laser discs, video discs, phonograph records, compact discs, and pre-recorded cd-roms, all featuring games, films, and music; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of e-books in the field of fantasy adventures

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Card games, trading card games, playing cards and accessories for use therewith; computer and video game apparatus, namely, video game machines for use with televisions

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing online computer games and interactive multiplayer online computer games via a global network; organizing and conducting online computer game tournaments and exhibitions in the field of games; providing industry information online via a global network, namely, online publications in the nature of articles and magazines on games and gaming; production and distribution of motion pictures and an ongoing television game show; providing online publications in the nature of e-books in the field of fantasy adventures

Source: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=538783

If true, here's hoping the returning mechanic is either Horsemanship or Flanking.

Horsemanship is silly, I hope it never returns!

I bet it's a new tabletop.

Khanar sounds mongolian though =/ horsemanship! 

That sounds more like a creature card than a set name. Weird.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13

Hmmm... If it is Huey and if it is mongolian inspired as the name seems to suggest It might have some thing to do with mongseng. I'm not saying that it is but the Idea popped into my head and thought it was interesting enough to share.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

I still hope it's a Western block.

Fantasy Westerns are cool.

I would be really happy for a Large fall set name that isnt just "new plane we're at"

Khanar is a place in Nepal, so East Asian inspired is possible. If it's mountainous, maybe Snow-covered lands?

But if they do call it "Warlords of Khanar", I WILL be making "Mystic Warlords of Ka'a" jokes in 2014. "I play enchanted bunny."

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Although I am really liking Theros' Greco-Roman theme, I really hope MtG doesn't just become "fantasy card game which parodies non-western cultures". Give me some classic fantasy elements like Lorwyn any day but I don't need "Return to Kamigawa", thanks very much. Seems like the name of a tabletop game...

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

This just got confirmed today yea?

Warlords

that's stupid and backwards

oh well

hero clixs had displaced the the cards under the glass at a local shop

the direction of wargames is moving into competing space

NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

Smoke_Stack wrote:

Although I am really liking Theros' Greco-Roman theme, I really hope MtG doesn't just become "fantasy card game which parodies non-western cultures". Give me some classic fantasy elements like Lorwyn any day but I don't need "Return to Kamigawa", thanks very much. Seems like the name of a tabletop game...

how are we going to get a jitte reprint if we don't go back?

3DH4LIF3

Sign In to post comments