Welcome to the Flavor and Storylines Forum

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to the Flavor forums. You'll find we are friendly bunch here. Lovers of flavor are we. So don't hesitate to post here.

What belongs here...

This forum is for the discussion of anything and everything involving flavor: flavor texts, names, worlds, storylines, books, characters, web-comics, the color pie, authors, fanfiction, and anything else that's flavorful.

What doesn't belong here...

Anything dealing with art directly should be posted in our sister forum, Magic Art and Artists.

If your thread doesn't deal with magic's flavor directly, it may do better in Magic General.

What kind of behavior is expected of me in this forum?

These forums are designed to foster an open and honest discussion on flavor. That is, feel free to discuss the topics you want to. If you like something, you are free to talk about that. If you dislike something, you can talk about that as well.

We ask that you be courteous to your fellow posters. An open and honest debate isn't an excuse to attack people. We also ask that you refrain from making personal attacks against authors and artists while here. Such attacks hurt discussion instead of furthering it.

Show
I've been looking around these boards lately and I would like to make one point crystal clear.

It is under no circumstance acceptable to make fun of, or personally attack any author or artist.

Criticizing storylines, worlds, art, or any product is fine, but when you start slinging mud at the people behind them... well then we have a problem.

These forums are meant to bring people together. Attacking an author is counter to this. It doesn't prove anything, it doesn't make your point seem any more valid, it just discourages others from posting and polarizes the community.

Worse than that, attacking authors discourages them from posting here. And frankly one of the more interesting parts of the flavor forums is that fact that members of Wotc do post here often.

Now I’m not saying that you have to like the story, or that you can't complain about the books. I'm saying that any complaint about a book should be about the book, not the pen that wrote it. If you don't like a storyline, fine. Scream it from the rooftops, write threads about how shallow the characters were, how convoluted the plot was, how it was too far away from the core principles of magic. But don't think for one second think you can get away with personal attacks against its author.

Currently we are trying to increase the size and scope of our community. We are trying to get new people in, and also get some attention from creative. But this isn't a one way street. In order to get anything from anyone we must first show that we are worthy of their time. If this forum is filled with hate speech and irrational arguments then there is little hope that anyone new would want to post here, and worse still, little hope that anyone from creative would want to post here either.

In summation, any personal attack against any author or artist will be seen as a violation of the CoC. Attacking an artist does nothing to further discussion, it only seeks to incite reaction and cause disruption. Please keep your comments civil and on topic.

Thanks for reading.

This announcement is not against anyone in particular. It is preemptive. It seems that we are a stone’s throw away from the ugliness that was the Mending and I would like to remind people that it is never acceptable behavior to attack an author, artist, or your fellow posters.

What can I look forward to in this forum?

You'll find here great discussions on almost anything flavor based.

You will also have access to the Magic Expanded Multiverse. a reservoir of flavor and fan fiction. Expanding on Magic's already rich cannon.

Also we are fortunate to have Brady Dommermuth, Magic's Creative Director post here every so often. So keep an eye out for his posts.

I have a question, where can I find the answerer?

The Wiki on Salvation contains up to date details on most characters and locations.

If you want to know what order to read the books in, this thread will help you out.

If you can't find the answerer to your question, feel free to make a thread about it.

Where can I introduce myself?

You can introduce yourself in the Community general discussion thread.
… and then, the squirrels came.
I started this thread a month ago and Zammm said we shouldn't sticky it...

Should we reintroduce ourselves here? Again?

I'm the resident mope...
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I'm the resident "sarcastic newbie-hater".

But I'm nice. :D
The Pony Co. Because none of us are as loving as all of us.
Contact info
In case contacting me over the forums is not possible for some reason or another, my email is morten.c.k.olsen@gmail.com. Please state who you are, because I will most likely end up ignoring people that I don't know at least somewhat.
Alwaaaaays, I wanna be with you!
56287226 wrote:
58331438 wrote:
You clearly overestimate my cognitive skills by assuming that I could have accumulated that knowledge independently.
Okay, I'll be sure not to make that kind of assumption in the future. Now, if you'd like to go back to the main Magic General 'forum' page (that's the one that lists all the different 'discussion threads' that people have 'posted') from this page, just press the up-arrow key on your keyboard until you reach the top of the page, then click the link that says "Magic General"--it should be in fairly small font, just above the buttons labeled "Post Reply" and "Subscribe" and the box labeled "Jump Menu", but below the blue link labeled "Preferences". It'll be in a line with a number of other small-font links with different names. From the 'forum' page you will be able to select another 'thread' to view; 'threads' that people have 'posted' to since you last looked at them will have their names listed in bold font and have the number of unread replies listed just to the right of the name. If you click that unread replies number, it will take you right to the last reply you viewed in the 'thread' so that you can continue reading all the new replies from there. To get back to the main Magic General 'forum' page, just repeat the process from the previous paragraph--don't worry if you're on a different page, all 'thread' pages will have the same basic layout, so it should work exactly the same on any page in the Magic General 'forum'.\ And remember, if you accidentally click on the wrong link and find yourself on a page you're not familiar with, there's no need to panic; you can always press the 'back' button in your browser to go back to whatever you were looking at before. It should be on the left-hand side near the top of the screen, just below the menu bar, and will probably have a picture of some kind of arrow pointing to the left on it. Hope that helps!
56957928 wrote:
56914748 wrote:
The explanation given was that since land cards represent mystical bonds to far-off places rather than actual tangible things like creatures and other permanents, a person might have more than one memory of an area, or different mages could forge a bond to different parts of a place, etc. and that simply being a unique location doesn't necessarily mean that a land card has to be legendary.
"I remember my days as a schoolboy at the Tolarian Academy..." "Really? I went there too-" "Wait don't- Well ****, there goes my childhood."
56816728 wrote:
I was clearly wrong about Dragon_Whelp, he clearly is a jerk.
57471038 wrote:
Allow me to extrapolate—regular game play, as defined by WotC, is tournament play. As such, Casual, EDH, Planechase, and all that other stuff is irregular Magic; if Magic at all. So the next time someone says Competitive Constructed decks are not the only decks that count in Constructed (Casual Constructed), then I can gleefully point to the definition set forth by WotC and say that Competitive Constructed is in deed the only ones that count, and that they are playing some irregular form of Magic.
56792158 wrote:
Dragon, just don't argue with Hovercraft. He's his own Legacy metagame.
57471038 wrote:
One with Nothing is the third iteration in an attempt to make Black Lotus fair: Black Lotus: That's too good, we need to tone it down. Lion's Eye Diamond: Dammit, players are still using it in a very broken manner! One with Nothing: Alright! We got it now.
Twin2;15476002 wrote:
What happened to the really fun cards? Well you see a long long time ago the earth was ruled by dinosaurs. They were big so not a lot of people went around hassling them. Then a giant meteorite struck the earth, good bye dinosaurs. But what if the dinosaurs weren't all destroyed? What if the impact of that meteorite created a parallel dimension where the dinosaurs continue to thrive and evolve into intelligent vicious aggressive beings? What if they found a way back? ....wait that's not what happened to the fun cards that's the intro to the mario brothers movie. Get those two confused all the time, my bad.
56981618 wrote:
It's a folllow-up on the Priceless Treasures, Deadly Perils idea. See, what happened was, you got the packs that the Eldrazi had already gotten to--the had annihilated everything but the land itself. In fall, expect to open some packs and find cards covered in goopy, black oil. It's all about the marketing angle, people.
I started this thread a month ago and Zammm said we shouldn't sticky it...

Should we reintroduce ourselves here? Again?

I'm the resident mope...

Your thread actually gave me the idea for this one. I liked what you were doing, but I wanted something that introduced players to the area a bit better. Right now this is pretty sparse so if you have anything to add, go for it.

If you would like to introduce yourself go right ahead as well.
Hm, well, I think it should also be mentioned that the Tome of Flavor contains some rare finds as far as flavor is concerned, with old documents, restored pieces from websites, and official WotC internal database parts that can't be found anywhere else without some serious searching.

All compiled here for your enjoyment and entertainment! :D

I'm Sam, Keeper of Many Names, still kind of a newcomer here but a frequent contributor to the community. I'm fascinated by the obscure aspects of Magic flavor, and I love hunting down old texts like are in the Tome of Flavor. I also am crazy, so if you see me trying to apply postmodern literary theory to Magic novels, don't be too surprised.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I'm Mercer, the guy who tries to play nice with everybody. I'm mighty opinionated, and I love Magic so much that I tend to be pretty vocal when I think WotC screws up. I'm right with Keeper in attempting to apply literary theory to Magic novels (as frustrating a prospect as that can turn into). I'm obsessed with the art of cards communicating stories, personalities, locales, and settings, in other words, how all parts of Magic card flavor come together to form a cohesive whole.

I like long walks on the beach, sensitive women, and world domination.

I have a webcomic.

I have Master Transmuter set as my desktop background, and I absolutely have never tried to make out with it, clutching it to myself desperately wishing she a real girl who could return the affection I feel so desperately for her. Ever.

Another fun fact about this board: Brady Dommermuth stops by here on a regular basis. He handles the sometimes harsh comments better than I would.
I walked across a bridge and almost right past a suicide/ You could say I'm a hero depending on the light that you put me in/ What changed her mind was when I took the time to tell her 'bout you and me/ She heard my tale and climbed off the rail and then she tried to push me in/
I guess I'll introduce myself too, though I only pop in and out.

So yeah. I'm Dav Flamerock. I pop in and out when I have time... I write stories and stuff. If I'm not here, I'm probably either roleplaying or writing. Magic for me is all about the flavor & the untold backstories. I'm known for being a HUGE Jace Beleren fan and for making biographies and personalities for all of the decks that I play (each deck is a different planeswalker).
"There are probably seven persons, in all, who really like my work; and they are enough. I should write even if I were the only patient reader, for my aim is merely self-expression." ~H.P. Lovecraft

My Colors Are Green and Blue I value respect, honesty, acceptance, and trust. I love to tell stories and to experience new things. At my best, I am compassionate and creative. At my worst, I am detached and submissive. My enemies are Black and White.

I'm known for being a HUGE Jace Beleren fan and for making biographies and personalities for all of the decks that I play.

Sounds a lot like me, except I like Ajani Goldmane. I'm pretty new to magic, and I'm glad I'm not the only person who makes up stories about my deck.
Evil doesn't always triumph. - Ajani Goldmane
Skibo should do a list of names of the more-commonly-around people around here.

Of course, I shouldn't say this, given that I'm too lazy to do any work around here as well. (One Ravinca Game and I'm exhausted already.)
Hello, I'm Skibo. Forum guide for the Flavor areas (Storyline, Flavor, and Art)

I run several games here, and a monthly short story contest. And am a lover of flavor across the multiverse.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding these areas.
Do I have to introduce myself again? Ok, I'll do one that has more info on me. I started playing magic on the tail-end of Lorwyn/Shadowmoor because I'm a fan of Welsh and Celtic mythology. I stayed cause I liked the jungle elves and lion/leopard people of Naya, and the Camelot-in-Africa flavour of Bant. I especially like the Naya/Bant crossover flavour of cards like Qasali Pridemage and Messenger Falcons. My whole deck is based around this kind of flavour and has a story behind it which I will write if I get time. My favourite planeswalker is still Ajani Goldmane, despite recent events. I also like Sarkhan Vol and Nicol Bolas.
Oh. This is cool.

I'm Xailiar and I don't exist. :D

I love to argue with anybody about anything in a civil manner and I love to delve deep into obscure aspects of random Magic flavor that, most of the time, no one else is intersted in arguing with me over. =/ I don't post as often as I used to (Women do that to you.), but I still try to get my point across as much as I can. I really love arguing/opinionating about etherium of late.

Does that work? :P
I'm Conceited Cat (well, duh), and I am an extreme Vorthos. However, I also like to try to make cards, and until now I spent all my time around YMtC (I didn't bother to look for other places). I spend my time not on the forums or playing Magic or doing homework or sleeping or eating (actually, maybe I don't do it as often as I think I do) either reading or imagining other endings or sequels to the books I read, Magic or otherwise. (Can you understand that sentence?) I am a HUGE Jace Beleren fan, and I wish I could read minds. Also, I am likely to argue with Xailiar (in a friendly way.)
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Because I don't know what the :P smiley is for, I will use it to show sarcasm. Because it's so easy to see internet sarcasm. :P
Also, I am likely to argue with Xailiar (in a friendly way.)

Hello fellow Vorthosi, you can call me Trolljuju. I'm an up and coming Vorthos. At 16 I haven't read nearly as much as most of the other posters here, so if you have a question you're probably be better off asking the others.

I enjoy writting and hope to particapate in one of Skibo's short story contests, but I'm a horrible procrastinator so we'll have to wait and see if it ever happens.

Every once in a while I'll try to make a joke, so if anything I say seems completly stupid it's probably me just trying to be funny, and I know that most of the time I will fail horribly.

And I will never hesitate to use a smily. :D
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
I do not feel the need for a proper introduction, as I am very bad at describing people, even myself. But I'll try a little:

I stumbled upon this forum some time last month, and I have been stickied since. I love the old Magic storylines. I am a Vorthos/Spike (I know, right?). I have a tendency to be unsuitably sarcastic. I like people who can act independently. I am currently trying to change my complete disdain for the world around me.

Oh, and if you've read this, please be aware that I would be very glad if you try wiki.mtgsalvation.com before directing your questions to us.
The Pony Co. Because none of us are as loving as all of us.
Contact info
In case contacting me over the forums is not possible for some reason or another, my email is morten.c.k.olsen@gmail.com. Please state who you are, because I will most likely end up ignoring people that I don't know at least somewhat.
Alwaaaaays, I wanna be with you!
56287226 wrote:
58331438 wrote:
You clearly overestimate my cognitive skills by assuming that I could have accumulated that knowledge independently.
Okay, I'll be sure not to make that kind of assumption in the future. Now, if you'd like to go back to the main Magic General 'forum' page (that's the one that lists all the different 'discussion threads' that people have 'posted') from this page, just press the up-arrow key on your keyboard until you reach the top of the page, then click the link that says "Magic General"--it should be in fairly small font, just above the buttons labeled "Post Reply" and "Subscribe" and the box labeled "Jump Menu", but below the blue link labeled "Preferences". It'll be in a line with a number of other small-font links with different names. From the 'forum' page you will be able to select another 'thread' to view; 'threads' that people have 'posted' to since you last looked at them will have their names listed in bold font and have the number of unread replies listed just to the right of the name. If you click that unread replies number, it will take you right to the last reply you viewed in the 'thread' so that you can continue reading all the new replies from there. To get back to the main Magic General 'forum' page, just repeat the process from the previous paragraph--don't worry if you're on a different page, all 'thread' pages will have the same basic layout, so it should work exactly the same on any page in the Magic General 'forum'.\ And remember, if you accidentally click on the wrong link and find yourself on a page you're not familiar with, there's no need to panic; you can always press the 'back' button in your browser to go back to whatever you were looking at before. It should be on the left-hand side near the top of the screen, just below the menu bar, and will probably have a picture of some kind of arrow pointing to the left on it. Hope that helps!
56957928 wrote:
56914748 wrote:
The explanation given was that since land cards represent mystical bonds to far-off places rather than actual tangible things like creatures and other permanents, a person might have more than one memory of an area, or different mages could forge a bond to different parts of a place, etc. and that simply being a unique location doesn't necessarily mean that a land card has to be legendary.
"I remember my days as a schoolboy at the Tolarian Academy..." "Really? I went there too-" "Wait don't- Well ****, there goes my childhood."
56816728 wrote:
I was clearly wrong about Dragon_Whelp, he clearly is a jerk.
57471038 wrote:
Allow me to extrapolate—regular game play, as defined by WotC, is tournament play. As such, Casual, EDH, Planechase, and all that other stuff is irregular Magic; if Magic at all. So the next time someone says Competitive Constructed decks are not the only decks that count in Constructed (Casual Constructed), then I can gleefully point to the definition set forth by WotC and say that Competitive Constructed is in deed the only ones that count, and that they are playing some irregular form of Magic.
56792158 wrote:
Dragon, just don't argue with Hovercraft. He's his own Legacy metagame.
57471038 wrote:
One with Nothing is the third iteration in an attempt to make Black Lotus fair: Black Lotus: That's too good, we need to tone it down. Lion's Eye Diamond: Dammit, players are still using it in a very broken manner! One with Nothing: Alright! We got it now.
Twin2;15476002 wrote:
What happened to the really fun cards? Well you see a long long time ago the earth was ruled by dinosaurs. They were big so not a lot of people went around hassling them. Then a giant meteorite struck the earth, good bye dinosaurs. But what if the dinosaurs weren't all destroyed? What if the impact of that meteorite created a parallel dimension where the dinosaurs continue to thrive and evolve into intelligent vicious aggressive beings? What if they found a way back? ....wait that's not what happened to the fun cards that's the intro to the mario brothers movie. Get those two confused all the time, my bad.
56981618 wrote:
It's a folllow-up on the Priceless Treasures, Deadly Perils idea. See, what happened was, you got the packs that the Eldrazi had already gotten to--the had annihilated everything but the land itself. In fall, expect to open some packs and find cards covered in goopy, black oil. It's all about the marketing angle, people.
I am Reaper KING, lovin the flavor of Shadowmoor. I am someone who doesnt give an applause to magic stories. I make my own :P
I'm someone who posts LIKE THIS and abuses the smiley when about to die in one of skibo's great games.

In memory of the Fae, Tribal wars, may the Scion of Oona live.
Yay skibo posted me up there!
Odd, I could have sworn I posted in here...

Oh well, probably in Keeper's thread.

BEHOLD, I am Barinellos! Keeper of obscure knowledge and strong opinions. Okay... stop looking at me... seriously, stop it...
Why won't you stop!? I feel so violated.

But nah, all joking aside, I'm all for a good speculation or debate about specific book points. I have every book except Torment, so all of those are open topics for me! Drop me a PM if you like.
Question from a noob.

I just started posting here, barely, and I am curious as to where we post fanfiction, I see nothing but discussion threads except for the Tomb of Flavor and I feel kind of lost. That being said, I have read a little bit of everybody's and I have to say I enjoy it, just as much as I love the Magic storyline. So thanks in advance.
I'd start a thread all of your own. If you post it directly in the Tome of Flavor, the chances that it will be read and discussed are practically nil. However, if you start a topic for it you'll at least get a couple opinions.
"There are probably seven persons, in all, who really like my work; and they are enough. I should write even if I were the only patient reader, for my aim is merely self-expression." ~H.P. Lovecraft

My Colors Are Green and Blue I value respect, honesty, acceptance, and trust. I love to tell stories and to experience new things. At my best, I am compassionate and creative. At my worst, I am detached and submissive. My enemies are Black and White.

But which forum should I post any stories in? I see very few from looking at this forum.
Well there's always Skibo's contests, but those always have a theme, so if you already have a story it might not fit.

So, I would start my own thread here in this forum, even if it isn't done often.
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
But which forum should I post any stories in? I see very few from looking at this forum.

Post them here, in a unique thread. But don't expect to have too much disscussion about it. You can post it in the Tome of Flavor as well. But again, don't expect much.
This forum needs advertising.
This forum needs advertising.

We are getting moved up in the boards. Plus Zammm will move any Flavor thread down here, so i think people know we exist. Though if you have an idea(s) you can start a thread and i'll try to adress them as best i can.

Reorganizing the Boards
Hello again, all! Just felt I should mention that I'm back from a trip abroad. In case, you know, anyone missed me. But yeah, so... I'm back.

We do definitely get more recognition than we used to, at least compared to when I first started posting here. I put that down to a combination of Zammm and Skibo's efforts, and the lessening of tensions over the Meandering that made way for some better discussion. More quality novels helped as well...

But yeah, definitely everyone who likes this place should throw in a vote for its placement higher in the board hierarchy. The renaming was a good first step for that.
Thanks for all your help.
Hello everyone! My name is Prida.
I just started playing Magic in February and I picked up the planewalkers guide to alara, so I am really interested in the flavor I may have missed.
Hello everyone! My name is Prida.
I just started playing Magic in February and I picked up the planewalkers guide to alara, so I am really interested in the flavor I may have missed.

Welcome Prida,

You'll find we are an informed bunch of flavor lovers here. I would suggest you start looking into the Tome of Flavor for a general overview of the settings of the past. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to start a thread, or PM me. Also the Salvation Wiki (In the first post of the Tome of Flavor) can elaborate on some questions you might have.
Since this seems to be the place to introduce yourself I'll continue the trend. Hi, I'm Sound Wave. I've played magic for a while and am a huge fan of the flavor of the game. You might have seen me post in the cube forum a few times.

I'm much more of a reader then a poster so you probably wont here much of me. Also, I write in my spare time much like a lot of you.
Hey, I'm back. For those of you who care. As technology advances, my computer is able to load less and less websites, and I thought it had given up on these forums...but they seem to be working again. Yay.
Hi, I'm Andrew, I started playing Magic: The Gathering when around the Homelands/Ice Age era and stopped playing, really no reason at all other than nobody played it anymore, when the Mirage set came out. I use to play it everyday, I loved it, and I was good at it.

I then came upon a video game for PS1 called Battlemage. I didn't know wtf I was doing at first but I slowly learned how to play it, and it became one of my FAVORITE games to play. Ever.... I hope that new Tactics game is just like it, although I don't have a PS3Yell

I've just started reading the Magic novels, I'm on Whispering Woods. Arena is one of my favorite books ever, and I'm kinda liking the WW's saga so far (I'm on page 20!).

And the novels, and wanting to talk about them, is what brought me here to this forum.
Photobucket
Hello fellow basement-dwellers.  I am jbjbhMage, each of the letters being an initial of my immediate family.  I am a bit more serious than the other clowns on the forum but I am luckily very easy to please so don't worry about me crashing the mood.  I'm a little obsessive because I have Asperger's but in my experience that usually just leads to bigger and more intelligent critique.  I don't really like getting dirty, and women love my teddy-bear-like approachableness and voice of warm reason.  I love being funny but sometimes don't know how.  I started playing at about Shards of Alara and have grown considerably less stupid about the game in general as the years go on.

As for my posts, don't hold your breath on any huge novels that might suddenly spring forth under my name.  I mostly browse around for the purpose of reading other people's material and laughing at fake arguments that would sound deucy and unfunny in real life, but are gut-busting here.

You may pronounce my name "jub-jubbah" if you like.

Aarrgh, he just hit me in the nards with a TV DINNER! -actual phone conversation
122343719 wrote:
I can't really understand people that just go along with the school, job, marrige, kids type goals in life because that is what they think is right. If people want those things they should want them because it makes them happy. I had an ex like that, she wanted those things because her family and her peers all wanted those things. Thinking for yourself is one of the greatest things you are capable of.
500th post- 3/15/11 1000th post- 4/7/12
It occurred to me as I read the Innistrad thread that I hadn't posted here on the drmatis personae yet, so here goes. I go by gongshowninja on here, which implies that I'm either stealthy and professional at being a disaster, or... no, that's what it implies.

I started playing just after Morningtide came out, though I've been casually collecting since 5th Dawn. I consider myself to be a Vorthos, but largely in terms of broader concepts, like land and the mana bond, the planeswalker spark, and character motivation. My favourite settings thus far have been Alara (specifically Bant) and post-apocalyptic Dominaria, as seen in the Time Spiral block. I dislike block novels as a rule, as I feel that it simply doesn't do a given world justice to have it explored, summarized, and wrapped up in a trilogy (or one book). 

That's all I can think to say. Don't take it personally if I disagree with you. The game (and our perception of it and the setting(s) in which it takes place) is something different to everyone.

Heh, ironically we're getting ready to switch this out for a new thread. :P

Better late than never, though!
Hello everyone, just announcing my presence here.

I'm going to call myself Quinch on these forums, nice to meet you all, and I got started playing Magic way back when I was 7. True, I had no idea at all how the game worked but it was still fun. I stopped for a while then really got back into it just as Zendikar block was getting underway.

I like to think of myself as a flavor junkie, especially when compared to my more Melvin-esque friends, so I'll probably be hanging around here a lot. That's all you really need to know.

See you around.
Welcome to the forums Quinch!

If you're interested in fan created flavor as well you should take a peek at The Magic: Expanded Multiverse, community.wizards.com/expandedmultiverse here people work together to expand magic into truely infinite planes and stories
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Definitely a fan of that, I'll sign up. Thanks Trolljuju.
Hello, im Arkhaon.

(I can still use this one right?)

Got interested in Magic what i can now place as The Brother Wars. Loved the story from the start, but was forced to quit soon after. Sad to this day i missed stuff like Ravnica.
Got back into it with Alara, and hooked again ever since. I collect the cards, books and any things i can get my hands on to broaden my Vorthosian horizon, promising myself ill start properly playing it again once i have enough, wich by now is 3 full fledged albums. Should really get around to it.

As far as my views go, im far from the pessimistic i see sometimes here and on the mtg salvation forums. I try to keep a open mind, and see the broader perspective of things. But ill stick up for what i believe.
Greetings and salutations,

I typically go by Tenebrae...but that name was taken, and it might have even been claimed by me in the past seeing as how my original e-mail is already in use. I attempted to utilize every password I use, and even clicked the Forgotten Password link...but it errored and has repeatedly done so...telling me to call customer service? Thus, in my rash eagerness, I simply fabricated this name and went on with my endeavors. If, however, anyone can explain this problem to me...I'd much rather get Tenebrae, if I do indeed have that particular account. I don't believe I ever even posted on the account...which could, potentially, be what spurred the problem...inactivity resulting in being locked perhaps?

Anyway, I'm exceedingly eccentric, playfully sarcastic, and adore an intelligent debate...especially when it comes to more questionable material. Often I get overwhelmingly enthralled in such, posting vast rants that often go about in circles to emphasize a particular point. My unorthodox and deviant nature, coupled with passionate views, tends to aggravate others who hold a difference in opinion...but I believe that through intelligent debate, intelligence increases...even if both sides never come to terms with one another...

The Quiz within my signature painted me as Black and White...which I agree with in a sense. I view Darkness akin to how it was portrayed in the movie "Silent Hill", with a heart...as twisted as that heart may be. It's never been an aspect I viewed as evil...and so Black and White fit rather well, and is indeed my preference when it comes to the game...my third favorite being Green with Black always being at the foreground as number one in my preferences.

My interests in Magic the Gathering started when I was but a youth...however I sold my entire collection long ago, much to my dismay. The obsession has been revitalized with the New Phyrexian set...and now here I am once again drooling over such gorgeous artwork and concepts.

With that said, ello.
Photobucket Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com Concept by: Myself, a reflection of spiritual views, personality, and my general nature. "There's a fine line between reality and fantasy, but a far finer line exists between sanity and insanity..."
Hey. 

I discovered Magic the Gathering not too long ago (4 days ago) when I decided to purchase the game "Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012". I've sunk about 25 hours into it, and I really became interested in the story behind the cards. I looked here and found this as well as this forum. I'd really be interested in getting all of the novels, but I don't want to go through each one. I presumed this was a good place to ask so I signed up. Is there any where I can purchase every Magic the Gathering novel (say via a check list), quick and easily? I'm happy if it's ebook format. I'm sure Wizards of the Coast has an option somewhere to buy all the Magic the Gathering books (I mean it's not like they can lose money doing that), but I can't find it, and only could find a list of DnD novels.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't really want to become further immersed in Magic (buying the decks, reading fanfiction, etc) until I've read through all the novels. I don't know if I should make a topic for this, but it seemed fine to just put it in this thread.

Edit: Also, I have little to no clue on what flavour is. I hope it is just the word flavour, otherwise it would actually be flavor, but as it is I think it's only a difference of spelling. Disregarding that, I think it's metaphorical, as in taste of the cards, how they feel, etc. Shrug, shrug. 
I have signatures hidden.