Eberron Super Villains

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I want some cool NPC's, but more so I was wondering about super villains (like the joker) that people might have made for their Eberron campaign. Thanks a lot.
Erandis Vol is one I can name off the top of my head.

Author of Elementalism in Atlas Games' Occult Lore. DAZ 3D

The Lord of Blades is another. Also King Kaius. And Moridain the Flesh Weaver. There's a wealth of them already in place, pretty much.

My Art
"The signposts are in English, so that we may read them more easily, but the place... is the twilight zone."

Moridain the Flesh Weaver.

Is that the transmuter that lives in Droaam?
Is that the transmuter that lives in Droaam?

Yeah. You don't hear much about him, but he's statted as being 18th level, higher than Kaius, LoB and Vol. I think he'd make for some fine times. I'm going to be using him as a BBEG when my PCs are high-level, and give him Chuladoal the Fiendish Gravetouched Ghoul Swarm-Shifter Troll, from the Fight Club articles as a minion. :D
Don't forget the daughters of Sora Kell!
Councilor Nolan Toranak (described in the Sharn: City of Towers book) makes an excellent evil villain with an agenda to promote hatred towards the warforged. Give him a squeaky-clean record and the backing of House Kundarak and you get one of those villains who never gets their hands dirty which makes such a great foil for the heroes.
I'm building a BBEG that is a wrench in the works for not just players, but other villains: the only living descendant of House Tarkanan, son of General Tarkanan and the Lady of Plague. Still working out a lot of stuff but the potential of someone with that much power pumping through their veins could wreak on the organization of the Dragonmarked Houses, as well as evil factions and all of Eberron for that matter. Almost an underground army of Aberrant marks come again.
Do you want existing supervillians, or ones we've created? If it's the former, just read the books extensivly. If it's the latter, well.....that we can help with.

One idea for a supervillian would be any Quori, but specifically the Dreaming-Dark-conspiring kind of Quori.

Another one I just came up with not too long ago (about 20 mins, truth be told) could be my next BBEG in an Eberron campaign i run. It would be a gnome villian. Of House Sivis.

Whose Dragonmark ability allows him to read and understand the Prophecy, and whose goal is to use this knowledge of the Prophecy to manipulate things to make him rule ze warld.

As a member of House Sivis, he can bring immense political pressure to bear on the PCs, as well as using the wealth of the house to cause no end of problems for the PC. And, as I might have mentioned, it'd be a gnome villian. Eberron gnomes are scary.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Show
I created a super-villain for my PCs.

It's a changeling rogue/artificer vampire boosted with tons of magic gear to move in sunlight, he tracks every movement of my PCs and bites the new found allies... Moreover, the villain is of the mastermind category, he sweet-talk and charm/dominate a lot of people around the PCs.

Need I say that my PCs are always on their guard?

The funny thing about it, is that the changeling vampire is actually aiming for their patron, not them. Soon, they might figure out what their patron is doing and switch to the vampire's side.

Aiming to use Quori soon... and stalk them in their dreams.

Rekko

Edit: My player is interested in reading this thread, so please, if you want to talk about my super villain use spoiler blocks [sblock]

Thanks
Merrix d'Cannith. He is the Lex Luthor of Eberron. And there's no Superman to stop him.
Well, nearly any member of the Aurum could be turned into a Lex Luthor style villain...

The key point to that is they don't have to be high level. .. Can you imagine the looks on the PC's faces at the end of a serious campaign arc..having dealt with catspaws, minions, ruthlessly controlled criminal gangs, mercenaries, bribed and corrupted officials.. tracing back the hidden secrets, struggling to find documented evidence.. unveiling this web of influence and hidden power....

And the person sat in charge of it all is human expert 2/aristocrat 1... Just because he had the mind , the money, and the contacts to set it up in the first place... :D They'd be sooo geared up for this final conflict and then.. boom. And then he still managed to get away.. and has them charged with breaking into his house and attempting to kill his "law abiding self" :D

Although I kind of like the idea of the Dragon Below cult, mixed with maybe a Rakshasha pulling a kind of "Rha's Al Ghul" concept...
My own creation for our current campaign is Warlord Rochus Gerrick of Rekkenmark. He's a former Kharn General and a current professor at the Rekkenmark Academy using his wealth and connections to the Order of the Emerald Claw to secretly construct a warmachine to destroy Sharn and reignite the Last War. He's the prototypical "above the law" supervillain.

Think Dr No, Ras Algul from Batman Begins, and a Confederate general all rolled into one.

Did I mention his kung-fu warforged bodyguard, Io?
Well, nearly any member of the Aurum could be turned into a Lex Luthor style villain...

I like the Aurum as a SPECTRE style organization. They've infiltrated nearly every goverment, they have a very shadowy heirarchy, and they can finance pretty much any villain they want.
Well, the way my view on it goes.. the Aurum per se, can't be classed as an "evil organisation".
The majority of it's members are hard-core capitalists. To an extent most of them have large patches of greed thrown in... But a lot of it is in the vein of "we're the merchants who make sure food, ore, goods are provided, and we're getting fed up of Kings/Government/Buearacracy screwing things up when they're not qualified to know about business". So they've formed a loose network with each other.. thereby using each other's contacts and levels of influence to ensure favourable conditions for themselves and to make sure people have access to the goods they need...

Hence why you can have plenty of "good" people as members of the Aurum.
Certain levels of "corruption" don't have to be evil after all ;) You're just helping a "friend" get his new house for his family...the fact that he works for a government/another organisation that can provide help to you at a later date and that "friend" will have influence over it....

Of course, while the majority of the Aurum are just businessmen(or women to be pc :D ) in a semi-secret fraternal order seeking to pool those sorts of contacts and spread themselves out... theres the more "darker" heart of a group within the Aurum who would feel free to restart the Last War if they thought it was good for business... and it doesn't stop the odd member turning out to be a Lex Luthor style businessman... :D
Well, the way my view on it goes.. the Aurum per se, can't be classed as an "evil organisation".
The majority of it's members are hard-core capitalists. To an extent most of them have large patches of greed thrown in... But a lot of it is in the vein of "we're the merchants who make sure food, ore, goods are provided, and we're getting fed up of Kings/Government/Buearacracy screwing things up when they're not qualified to know about business". So they've formed a loose network with each other.. thereby using each other's contacts and levels of influence to ensure favourable conditions for themselves and to make sure people have access to the goods they need...

Hence why you can have plenty of "good" people as members of the Aurum.
Certain levels of "corruption" don't have to be evil after all ;) You're just helping a "friend" get his new house for his family...the fact that he works for a government/another organisation that can provide help to you at a later date and that "friend" will have influence over it....

Of course, while the majority of the Aurum are just businessmen(or women to be pc :D ) in a semi-secret fraternal order seeking to pool those sorts of contacts and spread themselves out... theres the more "darker" heart of a group within the Aurum who would feel free to restart the Last War if they thought it was good for business... and it doesn't stop the odd member turning out to be a Lex Luthor style businessman... :D

You make them sound creepier than the Daelkyr.
I have a Gnome pretending to be a cleric of the Silver Flame. He knows much on the subject of religion and is very persuasive against all who question him. In truth he is going to be a Warlock who has learned to turn his elder blast into a more mystical looking power. He is going to have a Changling follower who tends to be in the guise of a Trumpet Arcon.
The city that they are living in was once very devout to the Soverin Host, and the group will come right into the middle of the cities oppression by the Silver Flame and this Gnome. As well the church that the Gnome uses once belonged to the Soverin Host, and still has the holly symbols burnt and broken on the ground for all to see, but if anyone tries to remove them they will suffer the consciences.
You make them sound creepier than the Daelkyr.

Well... if you want to go creepy...

What if one of the Daelkyr is capable of influencing agents who are members of the Aurum? A Daelkyr that bypasses the usual run of the mill crazies that tend to organise into Cults of the Dragon Below.. and is much more... refined and manipulative behind the scenes....

Can you imagine a Daelkyr's guiding hand for a thousand years manipulating a slow web of economics to manipulate society.. thereby manipulating the living beings within that society? A shift of perception there, a few laws changed here.. artists and playwrights funded that might portray Daelkyr in a more.. brooding...tortured soul approach.. How the nasty orcs really didn't listen or understand what they really were offered...and were duped by the dragons into attacking the Daelkyr.. who had to defend themselves..

Over several generations guiding several merchant families into those sorts of servants... the hidden Half-Daelkyr's within the family... And when several of those manage to become members of the Aurum and start to build their own webs there...
:D

Which gives you several set ups...
Unveiling layers.... PC's chasing loose threads.. thinking they've got the henchmen..then finally working their way up to the Aurum Mastermind Super Villain... then whether they realise or discover that they were in fact a henchman to something else.. or if they wander off without realising it.. only having taken down one head of the "Hydra" ;)
I have Vol herself as the primary villain in my game. Of course, my players haven't had any direct conflict with her yet, or even tried to get one.

The villain of their very first Eberron campaign was a head of the Eye of Karrnath, the karrnathian anti-Vol secret service. Turned out that not only had he killed their sponsor, when the sponsor threatened to cut their funds. He did so without them noticing, and took up the slack, funded them the entire way and kept track on their progress via a very talented changeling (you know the bar wench you met? you know the airship captain you met? you know the guide who got you into the swamp?).

Then once they acquired the magical treasure at the end of an adventure through three countries and two continents, he appears and kindly asks them to hand it over. For a reasonable compensation, of course. And offered them a job. In the end they decided to join him. But my players have always been a bit mercenary.
At the peak of my sinister conspiracy filled plot is Novem Ago, a Rakshasa Sorcerer, who is both an enterprising member of the Lords of Dust and has placed himself onto the Platinum Concord of the Aurum. He's currently posing as a powerful if somewhat eccentric noble in Sharn. In true fashion of the Lords of Dust, he has his hand in influencing in some of the dragonmarked houses, the Emerald Claw, the Lord of Blades, as well as various government agencies. He is also personally in control of a cult of the Dragon Below.
Give your players awesome loot: Loot by Type
2 out of 3 of the members of the blood councel and the circle of plague from the city of stomreach
I’ve set up the Xulo Pattern from Grasp of the Emerald Claw to be my main villain. My PCs couldn’t handle him and ran away. I made him into the ‘Becoming God’ and in league with the Lord of Blades. Their goal is to recreate the Day of Mourning all over the continent, making it hard for any flesh-based beings to survive.

Also, I’ve gave one of my PCs the Mark of Death. The idea is to have them take over the Blood of Vol, then march an army of undead into the Mournland to fight an army of warforged. I guess they’ll be taking on Erandis ‘d Vol as well.
The campaign was prematurely terminated but the last game I ran had the Lord of Blades teaming up with the Dreaming Dark. The quori desired powerful, and almost as importantly immortal, forms to "merge" with and he was helping to create a form of warforged titan (half-fiend, phrenic) that they could possess. In exchange they gave him access to their psions, thus providing him with something comperable to magic, otherwise a fairly rare commodity in his army. Both sides planned betrayals of the other but the PCs never got a chance to find that wedge they needed to split them apart.
I had Brain in the Jar crimeboss set in Sharn that I have not used yet.

In my game the Lord of Blades is a Cannith human who "created" the current Forged. He manipulated Cyre to create a powerful weapon that could destroy or portect nations. He knew (divinations) that the dragons would interfere. They did and caused the Day of Mourning but it ended the War which the dragons wanted and created a homeland for the humans Forged. He lives in a secret citadal in the Mournlands secretyl controlling the shell everyone thinks is the real Lord of Blades. He just really wanted a place for his "children" to live and grow. Bwahahaha!

Currently the Cult of Tiamat are my main bads. A Rakshasha is after the group because they found a "Book of Khyber" that can bind or release planar creatures or beings bound in Khyber itself. The rakshasha has led the town of New Cyre to believe that the PCs murdered a local mining company owner.
The PCs publically criticized the man for trying to take a local kobold mine from the kobolds. The they went into the mountains for a quest. The rakshasha took the form of one of the PCs and murdered the man with two witnesses present. So that sucks for them. She really wants that book!;)
Viktor Saint Demaine.

:D
So who are your favorite Supervillain GROUPS for fighting and why?
I prefer the emerald claw. But then again I run very Indiana Jones ish adventures. So their general knack for being everywhere to dig up lost powerfull magic itims is really handy here.
I also agree the Emerald Claw is a fantastic villainous organization. I now cite the Eberron Motivational Poster board (it's not mine, but it's fantastic):

IMAGE(http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/Willowhugger/Shadowfast/motivator7226245.jpg)

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Oddly, that's mine.

:-)

And very true.
I threw Daask at the pcs for a while. That was fun. They have a whole varieties of monsters at their disposal and undead also! I plan in one of my games to show the group the different nature of the Silver Flame. I want them to meet evil and good members of the faith. I like it that a faith is not entirely good or evil.
Currently the Cult of Tiamat are my main bads. A Rakshasha is after the group because they found a "Book of Khyber" that can bind or release planar creatures or beings bound in Khyber itself. The rakshasha has led the town of New Cure to believe that the PCs murdered a local mining company owner.
The PCs publically criticized the man for trying to take a local kobold mine from the kobolds. The they went into the mountains for a quest. The rakshasha took the form of one of the PCs and murdered the man with two witnesses present. So that sucks for them. She really wants that book!

I'm going to steal this from you if you don't mind.
Hey guys im new can u guys direct me of a good villain for 10th level campaign with an ugly disposition im trying to make my brothers slitely more taxed as one is a very mean orc and one is a human diviner with very scary spell choice well any ideas?
I created a Villain to day. i do not have a name but she is a elf and a Karrnath Countess. She is also the one of the strongest members The Crimson Covenant. She is looking for a elf that is as cloesly relative to Vol has she is so they can have a child and become second in power only to Vol in the Blood of Vol. But has she try to get her main goal she is also looking for texts, codexs and spells of undead so she can create an army that she alone controls.

Some hooks is that she has found a elf and you need to keep him out of her hands
Another is that you need to go to find the the Books of the The Closed Circle
so she does not get her hands on merged of daelkyr techniques with necromancy that The Closed Circle created.
Hey guys im new can u guys direct me of a good villain for 10th level campaign with an ugly disposition im trying to make my brothers slitely more taxed as one is a very mean orc and one is a human diviner with very scary spell choice well any ideas?

Uhh, I can't understand most of what you're trying to say. Ever heard of spell-check?

But try the DM's board.
I'm about to use Melysse Miron, the Anti-Keeper of the Flame and I'm giving her a demonbreed version of Jaelas dragonhound. Devoted to the Darkness Within the Flame, gets way more powerful within the Flamekeep citadel. Forget a catfight between Jaela and Vol. Two nearly epic Clerics slinging spells within the citadel with thier pet dragonhounds fighting tooth and nail beside them, very cool.
I imagine a tea-party with Erandis and Jaela.

:-)

With Jaela's Angel possessed stuffed animals fighting Vol's undead Kitties!
i real like the idea of Erandis and Jaela fight each other or a tea-party. I like to theing that Erandis has a stuffed and Jaela has a stuffed Angel and there telk and haveing tea and as Vol's undead and dragon attack Jaela's knights
Making your own adaptable villains is cool. Inspired are not to be ignored in that situation. I like to create multiclass and unique villains. However, skills can be a nightmare at high multiclassing levels. The kalaraq quori are the bomb for creating super-epic villains. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :invasion: :headexplo :OMG!
I have a super-villain who's currently messing with my third level party inadvertently. He's a changeling named Gilles Martain and is leader of a group I called the Harlequins. They're a chaotic organisation (lolwat?) dedicated to causing chaos. In my Eb they're the ones that caused the last war.
In our last campaign , one of our PCs was mind-seeded by no less than a Kalaraq Inspired(With the player's blessing, since he would be away for months).

He left the team and went solo with tremendous success-Tellaron d'Orien (a psionically talented Blade of Orien)created a new knightly order and started earning victories after victories for the battered Q'barran army to the point of becoming Q'barra's national hero. His white and red full plate and huge falchion was a beacon of hope for the citizens of New Galifar...unless, of course, you happened to be one of the PCs. During the long war against the (surprisingly powerful, but that's another story) lizardmen he always attempted to discredit them and steal their achievements or, at least, the show( e.g. it was the PCs' plan that won the second battle of Adderport, but it was he who killed the chieftain ).

He became the favourite of the press, especially when he left the house and actually offered all of his forces to the crown. The king actually adopted him(surprise, surprise-he had dreams of it). The PCs quickly found out that they couldn't touch the nation's favourite son without disgracing themselves. Six months later, a revolution put him on the throne. That was when Q'barra's Quori monolith was completed and everyone regarded the PCs as enemies of the state. His (often Quori-possessed) Order knights were practically in every seat of power with the people's apparent blessing. "Accidents" and murders blamed on the lizardfolk silenced the opposition. A true Dark Reign.

It wasn't until the last session when the PCs managed to take him down in the arena of Ashtakala, in a battle for the Annulus artifact itself. His (returned )player's new character was actually the one who bested him, a year and a half after the mind-seeding(actual and game time).
Resident Prophet of the Reformed OTTers We offer free desserts and second helpings.
Hmm thread necro, but I guess it's a good thread to necro in the first place.

My party has just finished a year long arc where they were aligned against a Green Dragon operating out of Whitehorn Wood in northern Breland. Of course the Green was a student of the prophecy and has left in place failsafe plans and orders that will continue to be executed even though it is deceased, slowly directing the PC's in the direction it wants. It's a super-villain that the players can't kill since he's already dead, but this villain is still as manipulative as ever...