Campaign Playtest: The Next World

The way I learn new games, aside from playing in other people's games, is to over-prep an adventure or two so that I can tinker with various rules and mechanics in the given game system. I'm doing that now with D&D Next ahead of its release. I will be using the latest playtest packets. When the final game is released, I will endeavor to update anything I have to the official rules at launch. This will be a series of posts about what I'm doing and why and I welcome constructive feedback. 

Some design considerations:

• Adhere to rules as written as closely as possible to learn the system before altering it.
  • If it is in D&D Next, it's in The Next World, sometimes overtly.
  • As needed, the Fronts/Dangers system from Dungeon World will be used to keep track of campaign threats.
  • Grids (known as "The Tableau") will be used for set-piece encounters; other encounters will be Theater of the Mind.
  • This campaign doesn't take itself too seriously.
  • All classic D&D tropes are welcome.
  • Game will be run online via Roll20.net and Google+ Hangouts.
The Next World

The setting and backdrop to the first adventure, "Trope," is The Next World. There was a previous world and there will be a next Next World (according to learned trolls and raving madmen). In fact, all told there were eight previous iterations of the world, each with its own distinct features though some of those changes were more subtle than others. Some changes caused great schisms that echo through the world to the current timeline.

The campaign begins in Startertown, at the Pony Up Tavern. Startertown is run by a mad warlord by the name of Questgiver, an unwitting agent of the Four Evils. All adventurers must kick up a cut of their take to Questgiver or be "embargoed" from the trade. Startertown's economy is largely based on gold that adventurers spend there.

Many adventurers ply their trade in the wild environs such as The Bog Standard, a vast swamp and hunting ground to the black dragon, Redscale, or the Ruins of Old School, a blasted wasteland that was once a wizard's academy before a magical calamity destroyed it. The Tannery was once the town of Workaday which once rivaled Startertown as the central hub for adventurers, but it was destroyed by Redscale in a fit of rage after he was rejected by Tiamat. Now it is a sinking mire of steaming pools of acid and crumbling ruins. A map to the Dungeon of Gold & Glory was recently uncovered in the Ruins of Old School. It serves as the primary goal and location of the first adventure, "Trope." The dungeon was originally crafted by the Grognards, an ancient and benevolent all-male race of neck-bearded giants.

That is all the canon of The Next World. The rest will be created as we play by players and DM both. The map below was adapted from one of Dyson's creations. I wanted something hand-drawn to evoke nostalgia and since the latest Next packet says wilderness maps are to be in hexes, then hexes it is.

Campaign Front: The Great Dissociation

A remnant of the previous world, The Four Evils, still lingers. Its goal is to imprison the world in a magical grid and force all of its inhabitants to cease any meaningful interaction and battle each other to the death. They refer to their nefarious plan as the Great Dissociation. The Four Evils manipulate events behind the scenes using its agents in The Next World, some of whom do not even know they are doing the bidding of this malevolent force. In "Trope," the Four Evils have manipulated the halfling thief, G. Golly Willikers, Esq., into leading his adventuring group, The Pathfinders, to stealing the map to the Dungeon of Gold & Glory so that they can be the first to claim the MacGuffin Generica - an artifact of incredible power that has existed in all the heroic quests of the previous worlds and is pivotal to the Great Dissociation.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Find Your GM Style  |  Structure First, Story Last  |  Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything  |  No Myth Roleplaying  |  5e Monster Index & Encounter Calculator
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer  |  You Are Not Your Character  |  Would You Pay to See Your Character Fight?  |  Pre-Gen D&D 5e PCs

Stuff I Created: Encounters With Alternate Goals | Full-Contact Futbol  |  Re-Imagining Phandelver | Three Pillars of Immersion  |  Seahorse Run

The Corrosion of Gedren's Point  |  Four-and-Twenty Black Things Baked in a Pie  |  Barrow of the Evensong

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

Coming soon... Adventure Front: Trope.

Cool, but I thought you said it didn't take itself too seriously.

Are you planning to run games that people can listen in on?

If I have to ask the GM for it, then I don't want it.

Centauri wrote:
Cool, but I thought you said it didn't take itself too seriously.

Pretty rigorous setup on my end to learn the system, but the content is light-hearted and approaching (if not achieving) parody.

But then I may have just missed a subtle joke on your part - can't tell for sure.

Centauri wrote:
Are you planning to run games that people can listen in on?

Yeah, sure. I expect it'll be a multi-session affair as well and I'd be up for rotating players in and out depending on availability. I'm not sure of when it will be run just yet as I'm travelling a lot right now.

iserith wrote:
But then I may have just missed a subtle joke on your part - can't tell for sure.
Come on, now: I take myself very seriously.

What only 4 evils? I think you forgotting Basic Evil.

Big Model: Creative Agenda
Love 4e? Concerned about its future? join the Old Guard of 4th Edition
Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of random stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

sleypy wrote:
I think the Basic Evil and the Essential Evil are more like minor powers, or demiurges, who lure the unsuspecting.

Centauri wrote:

sleypy wrote:

I think the Basic Evil and the Essential Evil are more like minor powers, or demiurges, who lure the unsuspecting.

So they would be Lesser Evils.

My blog of random stuff 

Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

Yes, and their evil cannot be underestimated nor confused with the lesser of Two Evils, which shattered a previous iteration of the world by inverting its defenses until it ran into the negative which caused a paradox of epic proportions.

sleypy wrote:

Centauri wrote:

sleypy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XNL0KfD0nts#t=57

Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

Matyr wrote:

sleypy wrote:

Centauri wrote:

sleypy wrote:

LOL. Nice!

My blog of random stuff 

Matyr wrote:

sleypy wrote:

Centauri wrote:

sleypy wrote:

At work there was a john that was called Evil John. After I worked there for a Year they started calling me The Greater of two Evil John's.

My blog of random stuff 

Front/Danger design adapted from Dungeon World.

Campaign Front: The Great Dissociation

Danger: The Four Evils (Arcane Enemy: Ancient Curse)

Instinct/Impulse: to engridden Next World

Impending Doom: Rampant Chaos. With Next World trapped in the magical grid, the laws of society and order are dissolved and mortals are compelled to do each other harm until none remain.

Grim Portents: To be determined.

DM Actions:

• Learn forbidden knowledge
  • Cast a spell over time and space
  • Attack a foe with magic, directly or otherwise
  • Spy on someone with a scrying spell
  • Recruit a follower or toady
  • Tempt someone with promises
  • Demand a sacrifice

Description: A remnant of the previous world, The Four Evils, still lingers. Its goal is to imprison the world in a magical grid and force all of its inhabitants to cease any meaningful interaction and battle each other to the death. They refer to their nefarious plan as the Great Dissociation. The Four Evils manipulate events behind the scenes using its agents in The Next World, some of whom do not even know they are doing the bidding of this malevolent force.

Cast: G. Golly Willikers, Esq. (feature, thief) and his adventuring group The Pathfinders - Simple John, Sister Curelight, and Vanciana Le Fey (all features, fighter, cleric, wizard respectively).

Danger: Questgiver (Ambitious Organization: Corrupt Government)

Instinct/Impulse: to maintain the status quo

Impending Doom: Tyranny. Questgiver run Startertown! And also maybe the whole region.

Grim Portents: To be determined.

DM Actions:

• Attack someone by stealthy means (kidnapping, etc.)
  • Attack someone directly (with a gang or single assailant)
  • Absorb or buy out someone important (an ally, perhaps)
  • Influence a powerful institution (change a law, manipulate doctrine)
  • Establish a new rule (within the organization)
  • Claim territory or resources
  • Negotiate a deal
  • Observe a potential foe in great detail

Description: Questgiver is a gnome who rose from obscurity on the back of a half-orc bruiser whose name has been forgotten even by himself. From his seat in the bowels of Fort Castle, he rules Startertown with a tiny iron fist. Everybody under his protection pays, as do every adventurer that operates in the area and uses his town as their hub. He is the unwitting pawn of the Four Evils, sending out adventurers to perform seemingly unrelated tasks that are all contributing to the Great Dissociation.

Cast: Questgiver (feature), Constable Shady (feature), variety of corruptible town guards (extras), B-list adventurers that he hires to do his bidding (extras).

Interesting.

Lol. 

Also, please record sessions and post to internet. I'd love to see how they go, but doubt I could tune in as you did them. (podcast or stream capture). I know I was who you had in mind when posting in previous editions forums, and so you basically owe me for the privledge of my comments. 

But in all seriousness, you always seemed like you could run a decent game, and I'd love to see someone use the most up to date Next ruleset in a real game. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"

Krusk wrote:
Also, please record sessions and post to internet. I'd love to see how they go, but doubt I could tune in as you did them. (podcast or stream capture). I know I was who you had in mind when posting in previous editions forums, and so you basically owe me for the privledge of my comments.

How could I possibly argue with that? Let me see what we can do. I won't be able to manage that while I'm DMing on account I'm frequently drunk, but if I can get a savvy player to square it away, consider it done.

Krusk wrote:
But in all seriousness, you always seemed like you could run a decent game, and I'd love to see someone use the most up to date Next ruleset in a real game.

Thanks for the kind words.

iserith wrote:
I expect it'll be a multi-session affair as well and I'd be up for rotating players in and out depending on availability.
Looks like fun iserith! I really enjoyed last time i played with you (good DM we've here folks!) and I'd be up for it if you take rotating players, depending on the day/time this runs...

Let me know and i'll whip a PC once characters specs are defined. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

This sounds like fun!

"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Plaguescarred wrote:
Looks like fun iserith! I really enjoyed last time i played with you (good DM we've here folks!) and I'd be up for it if you take rotating players, depending on the day/time this runs...

Let me know and i'll whip a PC once characters specs are defined. 

Thanks for the kind words. Keep an eye on this thread. Once my schedule is a bit more stable, I'll start posting availability. I already have some of my regular players in mind, but would love to have some folks that are more experienced with D&D Next than we are so that we can tap them as needed for rules. This is meant to be, in part, a learning experience.

pukunui wrote:
This sounds like fun!

Thanks!

Coming Soon (today?): The opening sequence of Trope - Trouble at the Pony Up! Full color map, NPCs, and tactical stuff. This scene is representative of my philosophy that if you're going to have a tavern scene, it better be on fire. After this scene starts the wilderness trek. If anyone has any good resources for wandering encounter tables, I'd appreciate it if you could share them. I would hope that events on the table will hit the full spectrum of combat, exploration, and social scenes. I'll be setting these up in Roll20 as automated roll tables for the hexploration phase of the game.

I would be interested in joining the quest! You want folks experience in Next, well I have been a full time DM for Next since it started and our group I DM has made it to 14th level, and have only played as a PC once (thank you, Plaguescarred, I think I have my mic working now but still never tested it!)

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throw, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells, or vorpal sword-related decapitations.

Cold Open

It was a total set-up job. Fire breaks out in The Pony Up as punches, kicks, and broken chairs fly. Red Creek Rufus slumps over your table, a dagger in his back, and the map to the Dungeon of Gold & Glory snatched from his hands. Seconds later, Constable Shady and some of his lackeys turn up. Their speedy response time beggars belief and (whatdya know?) they settle on you as the source of this disturbance. The Pony Up's proprietor - a friend and former adventuring runepriest, Gliff Runesigil - shouts for help.

Yet another clever heist by The Pathfinder's celebrated rogue, G. Golly Willikers, Esq.. And now he's racing out of town with his comrades on horseback to claim what should be rightfully yours.

What do you do?

The Set-Up

Constable Shady is a Human War Chief; Dilip, Eben, and Pavli are all Human Warriors (see Bestiary). Their horses are hitched up outside. Constable Shady and his lackeys' goal is to arrest the PCs so as to delay them from going after The Pathfinders who have paid them off to keep the PCs busy. If the PCs are captured, they spend a few hours in the stockade before being released. They do not seek to kill the PCs, only delay them.

Commoners on the map are abstract - they represent a small number of hostile patrons engaged in the tavern brawl. While adjacent to a hostile commoner, a PC has disadvantage on attacks and saves. This effect can be neutralized by interacting with hostile commoners as described in the Interaction rules (see DM Guidelines) or by engaging in a successful contest to beat them up. (The commoners just roll a straight d20 for contests, no modifiers.)

At the start of the scene, the fire roughly occupies three 2 x 2 square areas. Any creature inside the fire at the start of their turn takes 1d6 fire damage due to flames and smoke. Since taverns are some of the most flammable buildings in all of The Next World, the areas covered by fire increase to all adjacent squares at the end of every round (i.e. 2 x 2 square becomes 4 x 4 squares). PCs can fight these fires to put them out, but the DC for relevant skill checks goes up every round. When a fire becomes an 8 x 8 square, that part of the building is considered to be consumed - the fire cannot be put out within the scope of the scene (except through magical means perhaps). All squares are difficult terrain and the damage increases to 1d10 fire damage for starting one's turn there.

Furniture and the like are difficult terrain.

The Stakes
  • The Pathfinders want to delay the PCs as long as possible so they could get a headstart to the Dungeon of Gold & Glory. If the PCs fail in this scene (e.g. getting arrested), the Pathfinders will be a ahead of the PCs on their journey (marked with a red line on the Next World map above) by the appropriate number of hexes. Having seen the map, the PCs know where the dungeon can be found; however, without the map, they run the risk of becoming lost (see Wilderness Exploration rules).
  • Killing Constable Shady likely carries consequences with Questgiver who will demand some form of recompense (a quest maybe?).
  • Saving The Pony Up from being burned to the ground means free hospitality forever, plus a tip to some lucrative adventure that Gliff Runesigil's been keeping to himself for years.
  • Additional/different stakes as negotiated with players.

What would you add or change about this scene? If you were playing in the scene, how would you handle it?

Next: Hexploration. I need help here. Please let me know if you have some good resources for random encounter tables, especially if they are specifically for Next.

I'm also looking for either a player or observer who would be willing to TwitchTV this thing. If you've got some experience with that and/or the system and wherewithal to do it, hit me up.

For character creation, What are we looking at in terms of ability score generation method and level? 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Plaguescarred wrote:
For character creation, What are we looking at in terms of ability score generation method and level? 

1st-level. For the sake of simplicity, I'm inclined to just say that we assign the standard array: 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. But I'm open to your ideas if you think something else would be more fun.

I think we'll do character generation in the campaign forums so that all the players can see what the others are doing. I can then print that exchange to a pdf and include it as an example of character generation.

Ok cool. I prefer to roll personally, so if you have the Roll20 table already created, just give me the link and i'll roll there and paste my rolls back here for everyone to see. I may even challenge myself and randomly determine race, class, background etc.. and try putting an interesting character togheter as best as i can with what comes out for fun! 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

PMed you the Join Link. When you Join Game, you'll land on the splash page and be subjected to cool music which have appropriate lyrics to adventuring.

See you there!

Here are my rolls; 11, 16, 11, 11, 11, 8 as well as other elements.

I will put a character togheter during the weekend.

Ability Scores & Other Random Rolls

ABILITY SCORES

rolling 4d6

(

+

+

+

)

rolling 4d6

(

+

+

+

)

rolling 4d6

(

+

+

+

)

rolling 4d6

(

+

+

+

)

rolling 4d6

(

+

+

+

)

(

+

+

+

)

RACE
rolling 1d12

(

)

1  [Dwarf]

CLASS
rolling 1d10

(

)

8  [Paladin]

BACKGROUND
rolling 1d14

(

)

3  [Charlatan]

rolling 1d100

(

)

79 [Selfish]
rolling 1d100

(

)

45  [Idealist]

rolling 1d100

(

)

97 [Vengeful]

(

)

2  [female]

ALIGNMENT

rolling 1d9

(

)

2  [Lawful Neutral]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Sounds good! I'm looking for Twitter-length backgrounds only, FYI. We don't want anyone set in stone until the entire group collaborates on it during the first 30 minutes of play.

Darmorel Goldbludgeon  
1st-level Hill Dwarf Paladin
Medium Female Humanoid

Armor Class 18 (chainmail + shield)
Hit Points 12 (1d10+2)
Speed 25 ft.
Sense Darvision 60'   
Str 17 (+3)  Dex 11 (+0)  Con 12 (+1)
Int 08 (-1)  Wis 11 (+0)  Cha 11 (+0)
Alignment Lawful Neutral 
Languages Common, Dwarf, Giant
Trait 
Darkvision 60 ft
Dwarven Resilience
Dwarven Weapon Training
Stonecunning
Dwarven Toughness 
Background Charlatan [False Identity]
Proficiency (+1)
   Tools: Disguise Kit, Gaming set, Mount (land)
   Saving Throws: Constitution, Charisma
Skill Athletic +4, Deception +1, Insight +1, Sleight 0f Hand +1
Divine Sense
Lay On Hands (1/day)
Actions
Melee Attack— Warhammer: +4 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). 
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage 
Ranged Attack—Javelin: +4 to hit (range 30/120 ft; one creature). 
Hit:  1d6+3 piercing damage
Ranged Attack—Net: +4 to hit (range 20/60 ft; each creature in a 5 ft radius) 
Hit:  DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or restrained 
Equipment: two sets of cloth (common & noble), disguise kit, ten stoppered filled with colored water, set of weighted dice, playing cards, signet ring of an imaginary duke, chainmail armor, shield, warhammer, 4 javelins, net, Clanggedin holy symbol, adventurer's kit: backpack, bedroll, mess kit, hempen rope 50 ft, tinderbox, 10 torch, ration 10 days, waterskin, climber's kit, healer's kit, 29 gp, 5 sp

Darmorel [DAR-MORE-EL] reared from the Goldbludgeon clan but no one remember this. She always wanted to be a paladin being highly lawful and idealistic but was refused admittance in Clanggedin's Paladinhood as they only accepted male. Selfish, always thinking for herself first, Dar didn't accept that being an ambitious vengeful person so she cut her hair short, let her beard grow and adopted a male disguise before joining again, which managed to fool everyone and let her become paladin. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Merci, monsieur. Ou c'est madame? Je ne sais pas exactement!

Bienvenue! Et c'est monsieur : )

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The Scene

Years ago, the thriving town of Workaday was reduced to ruins by the black dragon, Redscale. Now it is naught but crumbling husks of buildings and steaming craters filled with the dragon's bile - acid so potent that years later it still bubbles away. Workaday is now called The Tannery because of these "vats" of chemicals that dot the area and for the stench that permeates the still air.

Ahead, some activity: a group of hirelings known to work for the Pathfinders mill about four exhausted horses. Among them is Guy Lyrique, a bard and scoundrel of some renown who strums a lute while the rest do actual work. Between them and you are dirt pits of caustic goo that sizzle and spit.

What do you do?

The Set-Up

Guy Lyrique is probably a reskinned Human Witch Doctor; Lightboy, Porter, and Teamster are all Human Commoners. Sarge is a Human Warrior (see Bestiary). They have some horses that the Pathfinders rode hard from Startertown and switched with fresh horses staged here by the hirelings before heading southeast. I will likely modify the hirelings' stat blocks to give them some cool abilities that speak to their nature as hirelings - things like using tools to modify the terrain or the ability to use the horses as attacks. I think they'll start as Indifferent (see Interaction rules) in this scene - they don't really want to fight adventurers, but will give as good as they get before surrendering at 25% hit points.

At some point in the scene, be it a parley or a fight, a carrion crawler will show up and go after some tasty horse meat. It's content to feast on horses as long as the PCs don't mess with it. (Yeah, right.) Otherwise, it defends its meals. At half hit points, a pulsating tumor on its body will pop open and disgorge half a dozen or so reskinned giant centipedes (its young).

I'll have to tinker with the acid pits, but I'm thinking that anyone that touches the acid will take some kind of ongoing acid damage until they take an action to save.

Crumbling walls are 10'-high.

The Stakes
  • Success in this scene could impart valuable intelligence to the PCs, granting them some kind of advantage over the Pathfinders in future scenes, or allowing them to gain ground on them. They might also get the hirelings to work for them now, depending on how it goes. Horses are also valuable, so that's a nice pick-up for the PCs.
  • The carrion crawler will have some kind of treasure in its belly that it accidentally devoured while feasting on carion.
  • Additional/different stakes as negotiated with players.

This set piece encounter is contingent upon the PCs going to The Tannery, of course, which might be the case if they're following the trail of the Pathfinders. If they decide to beeline it to the Dungeon of Gold & Glory, this scene will not occur. A secondary purpose of this scene is to "announce the future badness" of Redscale.

What would you add or change about this scene? If you were playing in the scene, how would you handle it?

Je ne parle pas francias...

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throw, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells, or vorpal sword-related decapitations.

GUY LYRIQUE

Medium Humanoid (Half-elf)

Armor Class 14 (studly leather armor, chainmail beret)

Hit Points 22 (4d8+4)
Speed 30 ft.
Str 10 (+0)     Dex 12 (+1)     Con 12 (+1)
Int 11 (+0)     Wis 12 (+1)     Cha 16 (+3)
Alignment haughty neutral
Languages Common with a thick (French) accent

TRAITS
Faites Ce Que Je Dis +2: Friendly creatures that can see or hear Guy Lyrique and are within 30 feet of him gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls.

ACTIONS
Melee Attack—Lute Alors: +4 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 5 (1d8+1) bludgeoning damage.

L'Electrique Boogaloo: Guy Lyrique chooses one creature in his reach. The target must succeed on a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw. Otherwise, the target takes 4 (1d8) lightning damage and cannot take reactions until its next turn.

Enfeebling Earworm (2/day): Guy Lyrique chooses a creature within 50 feet. The target must make a DC 14 Will save. Failed Save: 14 (4d6) psychic damage, and if the target's hit point maximum is 25 or less, the target's melee attacks deal only half damage, and the target has disadvantage on Strength and Dexterity checks and saving throws. This effect lasts for 1 minute.

C'est Damage! (1/day): Guy Lyrique touches a willing creature other than himself and chooses a damage type: acid, bludgeoning, cold, fire, lightning, piercing, necrotic, slashing, or thunder. The touched creature gains resistance against that damage type for 1 hour.

ENCOUNTER BUILDING
Level 3      XP 130

Awesome PC! Guy Lyrique is my new best friend! 

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Change L'Electrique Boogaloo to 'breakdancing damage' and you have a dance contest special attack! Like the old Moonwalker video game from the '80s!

strider13x wrote:
Change L'Electrique Boogaloo to 'breakdancing damage' and you have a dance contest special attack! Like the old Moonwalker video game from the '80s!

So what will you play strider13x?

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Just some page-setting: I'm probably taking on 3 of my regular players for this campaign, which leaves 2 pick-up spots, one of which Plaguescarred has. I expect some rotation of players based on availability since it's going to be multisession (three tops maybe?), so will take more people into the campaign than just the five who will be running it come playtime.

Plaguescarred wrote:

So what will you play strider13x?

I guess that would depend on the party make up. I may get on Roll20 tonight and see how the random roller works for fun! I may ask you to help me test my mic just to make sure it works proper this time, plauge...

Is there anything you would like to see play tested, Iserith?

PMed you a link to join the game, strider13x.

I have no particular preference with regard to what you play, only that those who do play don't overlap if possible.

Do you have dates/times set yet? Do you have room for another player?