New Article Please?

attempting edit of first post in thread.

Have we stopped writing gentlemen? I see we are on a approx. 10 day cycle for articles. Have your contracts expired? Ben hasn't written since September. Has the website been left for dead. Is anybody out there?

It's been almost 3 weeks since we had the last article. There must be something to write about. Need some suggestions?
If you have nothing to contribute to a thread, then please do not post in it.

Thank you.
If you have nothing to contribute to a thread, then please do not post in it.

Thank you.

This surely must be a mis-posting. Wolverine6 (who hasn't been on the boards in a LONG time):

1) Only asked for some new content; and

2) Posted this almost 4 months ago.
Yesterday there was a nasty-gram posted to this thread. The Wiz-O must have removed it.
Ah, well, never mind then. Sorry. Move along.
*stands and stares with mouth agape*

*takes picture with camera-phone*
Ah, well, never mind then. Sorry. Move along.

I'm happy I didn't reply. I was tempted to do so, but thankfully a Wizo fixed this.
I hope Wizo's comment was targeting something else other than my posting.

Just trying to get the ball rolling on some new stuff. I really enjoyed reading the articles. Considering they were players just like everyone else on these boards. We could relate to what they were writing about.

Anyway, its nice to see people still posting on the site. Dreamblade is only dead if we stop playing. I for one have not stopped at all.
Anyway, its nice to see people still posting on the site. Dreamblade is only dead if we stop playing. I for one have not stopped at all.

isn't that my sig line hehe:D :D

we could start wrting our own team articles and things ....
Take that as a "get out of my neighborhood" type action - looks like WotC wants to beat their players out of the boards so they can shut it down...

I wouldn't be surprised to see this board dead within 2-3 months - and what about the so-called GENCON tournaments that were going to be offered? What a friggin' laugh...

Again, another reason why my money goes to non-WotC games...
Take that as a "get out of my neighborhood" type action - looks like WotC wants to beat their players out of the boards so they can shut it down...

I wouldn't be surprised to see this board dead within 2-3 months - and what about the so-called GENCON tournaments that were going to be offered? What a friggin' laugh...

Again, another reason why my money goes to non-WotC games...

Actually, it turns out it was a mis-posted message.

The Hecatomb forums are still alive and (barely) kicking, so I think we've got some time here on this board. Also, WotC_JoT (Jonathan Tweet) posted a rule variant not long ago, so some people there are still interested in the game (personally, not professionally).

I am honestly sick to death of WotC-bashing. They put out great games. They support them to the best of their ability. They are a business, run by an even larger business (HASBRO) and that limits them in how long they can support a game that isn't catching on. And that is what happened with Dreamblade – it didn't catch on, plain and simple. Gamers are a fickle, capricious lot. I know a TON of SWM gamers who actively discouraged people from playing/buying Dreamblade because they felt their game deserved the money tournaments. Some people just won't try new things. Other gamers love to watch upstart games die.

It's great that you support other, smaller game companies (unless, of course, you're money goes to UDE, which is just as "bad" as WotC). But to shut out all WotC games is just hurting yourself, since, you know, they tend to put out really great stuff.

Just my $0.02...
I think an article about designing Dreamblade, like Mr. Rosewater's article, would be good.
Just checked the GenCon Events Catalogue. No DBM.

Sadly, I almost got hosed out of True Dungeon tixs. They went on sale today at 9 AM (PST). I live on the East Coast so that meant noon for me. Not wanting to take any chances, I kept clicking on the True Dungeon Event I wanted 5 minutes before the hour, on the hour, since 8 AM my time.

As soon as noon my time hit the Server became so backlogged that it took me an hour to get 8 tickets for TD. AN HOUR! This meant I got stuck with 8 tickets for a Friday, 1:30 PM time. For those that love TD, this means myself and my buds will miss out on some prime time gaming during the 2+ hours we are doing TD.

GenCon really has to do something with their Server's capacity. Seriously.