Potion of Speed

Hello!

Anyone understand how Potion of Speed works? I found the text in the Playtest PDFs confusing. Does it mean the person drinking it gets two actions per round? Does it mean he/she gets two initiative rules, but only 1 action? Or something else?

Thanks.

MagicSN

The user gets two turns per round. She rolls initiative twice and acts on both in the initiative order. She still gets one action per turn.

Your reaction also refresh on each of those turn.

Hmmm, then I wonder if this one is outdated. In Haste the sort of actions you can do hasted was limited. Shouldn't the same for the potion be the case?

There is no Potion of Haste in Next. The spell is on page 30 of the 091913 Spells PDF. 

This is exactly my point. There is the Haste spell and the Speed Potion. The Haste spell only allows you to do ONE attack (and in case of a spell only a cantrip), while the Speed potion allows you - if I understood this right - a complete ACTION. So the potion is much more powerful than the equivalent spell.

Don't you think the potion-effect should be cut down to the spell's effect (without the +ac and +movespeed?)

MagicSN wrote:
Don't you think the potion-effect should be cut down to the spell's effect (without the +ac and +movespeed?)

Why? It's kind of cool that it's more powerful than the spell. If they were to add a potion of Haste, that'd be fine, but I don't see the need to change the Potion of Speed.

That said, when we get item creation rules, it better be exceedingly difficult to create Potions of Speed because that effect is crazy good.

Why would potion of speed should follow haste spell? why potion of speed cannot be from the Time stop spell?, like said previously, just make sure the price/creeation is based on a spell level 9 and not a spell level 3

Sorxores wrote:

Why would potion of speed should follow haste spell? why potion of speed cannot be from the Time stop spell?, like said previously, just make sure the price/creeation is based on a spell level 9 and not a spell level 3

Okay, I probably assumed that the potion was created out of a Haste-spell. But as reactions on my post tell - this assumption seems to be not the nonbrainer I thought it to be :-)

Still, this thing is P O W E R F U L

Sign In to post comments