5th Edition Warriors, Are You Ready?

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
A new age have begun, An age of roleplaying. 

The last playtest is right around the corner and what we do will effect D&D history forever.
I don't know about you, but I am excited that what we do will soon be on the shelves.  

This playtest is like a sword. We molded and hammer it into the shape it is right now.
Now this is going to be the last time we can shape what we want it to be made.

At the beginning, there were many of us but now there only a few of us left.
I know this playtest was going to be a long journey but I am proud that we made it this far.

So let's try to make this the best D&D ever and change D&D history forever. Are you ready?
NEEeeerd!!Yell

These new forums are terrible.

I misspell words on purpose too draw out grammer nazis.

Yes. But what should we fight against?

I can´t see anything. I liked 4e, I liked 3.x, I liked 2nd edition. I don´t want to fight at all. I am glad that the playtest is coming to a rest. I hope we may still get some surprise additions (preview material) to play with, but I am glad the playtest comes to a halt.

Why? Because I honestly believe, the D&D community represented by this forum just wasn´t ready. I myself always hoped, the packets would resemble the final game more and more and was a little bit dissatisfied when the packet didn´t show all the great things, mike mearls was telling us about.

So I hope next year we have the best D&D possible. An edition that is easy to learn and master and rich play.
(I know, I get shouted down for saying that soon, and I know by which persons... i hope they have me on their ignore lists).

Mearly said on twitter, that the goal of DnD next is not fighting Paizo or monte cook, but go with recent gaming trends. And games tend to have much shorter manuals than they had 10 years before. Rich gameplay today comes from easy rules, that allow for much strategy. And what can allow for much strategy than a roleplaying game that is only limited by imagination?

We fight for the future of D&D of course! 

Mearly said on twitter, that the goal of DnD next is not fighting Paizo or monte cook, but go with recent gaming trends. And games tend to have much shorter manuals than they had 10 years before. Rich gameplay today comes from easy rules, that allow for much strategy. And what can allow for much strategy than a roleplaying game that is only limited by imagination?

That was beautiful. With easy rules and imagination, you only limit to what you think of. 

I can't wait for the 5e Homebrew. 

I am ready for a simpler, leaner (and modularly scaling) game to add to my D&D collection among the more complex ones. I am also ready to help support it and its fans like always, despite how stormy the boards will be at release.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Bring it on!  We have been enjoying the system. As long as we keep having fun we will keep playing.  
A new age have begun, An age of roleplaying. 

The last playtest is right around the corner and what we do will effect D&D history forever.
I don't know about you, but I am excited that what we do will soon be on the shelves.  

This playtest is like a sword. We molded and hammer it into the shape it is right now.
Now this is going to be the last time we can shape what we want it to be made.

At the beginning, there were many of us but now there only a few of us left.
I know this playtest was going to be a long journey but I am proud that we made it this far.

So let's try to make this the best D&D ever and change D&D history forever. Are you ready?

+1
Are 5th edition warriors ready? They've been here warring for months.  How did you miss the war? Surprised
I am ready for a simpler, leaner (and modularly scaling) game to add to my D&D collection among the more complex ones. I am also ready to help support it and its fans like always, despite how stormy the boards will be at release.

Took the words out of my mouth. 

Am I ready? I can only respoond with a resounding PERHAPS!Laughing
[charge]Take that evil windmill!![/charge]

check out the Homebrew Campaign Setting i'm working on, my customised character sheet for the final package, and a numbered index for all the bestiaries.

Nice! 
No offense to the OP, but the whole concept of this thread is silly.   
WotC: Please no edition warring...

Thread Title: Let's Edition War!    

An edition war supporting an edition that is not even in its final stage.
Constructiveness at its finest

Well maybe he wants to start early for the 5th VS 6th edition wars ?

Well maybe he wants to start early for the 5th VS 6th edition wars ?

Nice! 
No offense to the OP, but the whole concept of this thread is silly.   
WotC: Please no edition warring...

Thread Title: Let's Edition War!    

The OP isn't about edition wars.  It is about showing enthusiasm for D&D Next and supporting a community.   

Every single person on this forum can "try to make D&D Next best edition" without tearing down other editions.

I'm ready to play whatever comes next, and I'll support it as best I can.  

A Brave Knight of WTF

I like to swing a sword around and pretend like I'm a Warrior, in 5th Edition. Does that make me a 5th Edition Warrior? j/k

Seriously, who else but me is excited that fighters get their second attack at 5th, at the same BAB? It's gonna be Sweet-as to be hacking away at orcs and goblins with my GreatAxe. 
My magic elf game is better than your magic elf game.
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.

The OP isn't about edition wars.  It is about showing enthusiasm for D&D Next and supporting a community.   

Every single person on this forum can "try to make D&D Next best edition" without tearing down other editions.

Pretty much this. 

@Gareson I fail to see how being excited for 5e equal Edition Warring? 

My magic elf game is better than your magic elf game.

+1

Pretty much this. 

@Gareson I fail to see how being excited for 5e equal Edition Warring? 

You entitled the thread "edition warrior"...that has all sorts of negative connotations to it...don't play dumb with me.  I surely suspect, given that you have 1,900 posts, and having been here longer than I have, that you are fully aware of what the expression means.  You are either trying to stoke the fires of edition warring or you chose poor language.  I guess you are saying it is the latter.

It's pretty clear you are excited about Next and that is your perogative, but a thread entitled "5th Edition Warriors" is spiking the football at the end of a public playtest and basically invites more debate.  You want to edition war some more? Fine.  But let's remember who started the thread and who called for the war.  I am sure the mods will thank you later.

Furthermore, I will reiterate, do you even realize that "5th Edition Warriors" have been here warring for months already?  Why a call to arms now?  The timing is ridiculous.     

You entitled the thread "edition warrior"...that has all sorts of negative connotations to it...don't play dumb with me.  I surely suspect, given that you have 1,900 posts, and having been here longer than I have, that you are fully aware of what the expression means.  You are either trying to stoke the fires of edition warring or you chose poor language.  I guess you are saying it is the latter.

It's pretty clear you are excited about Next and that is your perogative, but a thread entitled "5th Edition Warriors" is spiking the football at the end of a public playtest and basically invites more debate.  Yuo want to edition war some more? Fine.  But let's remember who started the thread and who called for the war.  I am sure the mods will thank you later. 

All I know is that you are attacking my thread and I am going to ask you to stop. 

Unless you talking about the next and last playtest packet, please do not discuss anything else
as I consider this off topic. Thank you. 

Speaking of last playtest packet. You think they change the human race or have it continue 
having +1 to all stats?

It's pretty clear you are excited about Next and that is your perogative, but a thread entitled "5th Edition Warriors" is spiking the football at the end of a public playtest and basically invites more debate.  Yuo want to edition war some more? Fine.  But let's remember who started the thread and who called for the war.  I am sure the mods will thank you later. 

All I know is that you are attacking my thread and I am going to ask you to stop. 

Unless you talking about the next and last playtest packet, please do not discuss anything else
as I consider this off topic. Thank you. 

Speaking of last playtest packet. You think they change the human race or have it continue 
having +1 to all stats?

"Attacking your thread"? It's called forum discussion.  I am trying to cut you slack and assume you just chose the wrong title.  Did you mean to say "Next fans" or "5e Fans" instead of "5th Edition Warriors"?  Perhaps you could retitle your thread?

Your thread's title doesn't invite discussion of the Next playtest packet...it invites edition warring.  You asked for it.  Quite frankly, I am right on topic and your discussion of an upcoming packet is off topic.  You are merely trying to reinvent your thread because someone called you on your desire for rally 5th edition warriors...and for some reason, now you don't want to war.  Odd.

This poster in your thread basically summed it up...
I can´t see anything. I liked 4e, I liked 3.x, I liked 2nd edition. I don´t want to fight at all. I am glad that the playtest is coming to a rest. I hope we may still get some surprise additions (preview material) to play with, but I am glad the playtest comes to a halt.
Why? Because I honestly believe, the D&D community represented by this forum just wasn´t ready. I myself always hoped, the packets would resemble the final game more and more and was a little bit dissatisfied when the packet didn´t show all the great things, mike mearls was telling us about.
So I hope next year we have the best D&D possible. An edition that is easy to learn and master and rich play. (I know, I get shouted down for saying that soon, and I know by which persons... i hope they have me on their ignore lists).

But this guy basically dismantled the premise in an even simpler way...
An edition war supporting an edition that is not even in its final stage. Constructiveness at its finest

"Attacking your thread"? It's called forum discussion.

You attack my thread by derailing with off topic discussion like edition warring which is against 
the rules of this forum. 

Since the report button is not working for me for some reason, I am going to ask the mods to close this thread. 

This thread is beyond saving at this point and I do not wish go futher off topic like edition warring. 

"Attacking your thread"? It's called forum discussion.

You attack my thread by derailing with off topic discussion like edition warring which is against 
the rules of this forum. 

Since the report button is not working for me for some reason, I am going to ask the mods to close this thread. 

This thread is beyond saving at this point and I do not wish go futher off topic like edition warring. 

I am edition warring?  You called forth edition warriors.  I am beyond confused.  I am not sure what you want to report me for.  Again, it just seems that you gave your thread a title other than what you really wanted it to be(or...did you?). 

That being said, if you don't really want edition warring after all...perhaps the thread should be closed, indeed.  

It's awfully funny to me when someone starts a thread that blatantly invites edition warring and then complains when the thread turns into an edition war.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. 
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.
I think this thread is more about be a warrior in a positive constructive way. These forums could use less negativity. The threads with good ideas get ignored and disappear because people don't take the time to show support, while the front page is dominated by people chastising eachother over the most minor things.
[crash into windmill] Only now in this late hour do i understand the folly of war![/crash into windmill]

check out the Homebrew Campaign Setting i'm working on, my customised character sheet for the final package, and a numbered index for all the bestiaries.

[crash into windmill] Only now in this late hour do i understand the folly of war![/crash into windmill]

Don Quixoite, edition warrior!
Howdy folks,

Per the OP's request, I'll be closing this thread. 

As always, edition wars are disruptive and a violation of the Code of Conduct

Thanks.

All around helpful simian