What would you like to see in the last Playtest Packet?

Now that we know there will only be one last Playtest Packet for D&D Next, what would you like to see in it? Also, if you prefer, what do you expect to see in it?

I would like to see the classes and subclasses for Bards, Warlords, Warlocks, and Sorcerers. I would also like to see spellcasting, multiclassing and tactical modules.

I expect to see the Bard class and the multiclassing module.

We only get one more chance to get our opinions heard on new content. I think now is the time to show the developers the things we want to give our opinions on. We need to help WotC help us help WotC. What is important enough to you to request in this last Playtest Packet, so you can provide desired feedback on it?
Something that surprises. Something absolutely spellbinding and brilliant. Something that turns me into a 5ed fanboi.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

I would like to see the mage's arcane traditions of witchcraft, sorcery, and artifice!

Danny

Something that surprises. Something absolutely spellbinding and brilliant. Something that turns me into a 5ed fanboi.

+1

Good one!

Danny

1. Something besides the advantage mechanic that will set 5e apart form previous editions.

2. Spell casters with more limited spell access, because I"m increasingly tired of the vast array of spells each and every single magic user gets access to.

3. Non-casters able to do things better than a caster even when said caster is usign a spell.

4. Classes to be better defined and their purposes in and out of combat to be more codfied.

5. Backgrounds, race, and possibly somethign else, to have a bigger impact on character creation and progression so classes aren't carrying the whole load. 
Solid math. 
Skills.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Animal Companions and more Ranger spells - like Summon Nature's Ally
Realistic weapon and armour weights.

A return of traditional armour types like Breastplate, Brigandine, and (Chain)Mail Shirt in place of Dragon Leather/Displacer Beast Hide, etc. 

If you have to resort to making offensive comments instead of making logical arguments, you deserve to be ignored.

Animal Companions and more Ranger spells - like Summon Nature's Ally

Or really, any ranger that doesn't suck... but that goes under solid math for me. Tongue Out
A way to do deal damage to "minions" type creatures and put them out of a fight in a fast and less book-keeping manner, so one can do larger more epic combats.  I know that some other systems do it, but it would be nice if D&D finally had a decent way of accomplishing it.
The obliteration of the multi-attack, especially as a cross-class benefit. Give each class something unique rather than bland and math-based.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

A module or two would be nice. Anything. Just let us see how this is going to work.

Stop the H4TE

An entirely different game.
DISCLAIMER - Everything said by anyone is absolute subjective opinion. There are no objective claims being made by me, or anyone else, unless they overtly state 'The following is an objective claim'. At this point if you choose to be offended by anything I (or anyone else) say the problem is ENTIRELY your own. WotC won't let us give them money because they won't produce a game we want to play.

A return of traditional armour types like Breastplate, Brigandine, and (Chain)Mail Shirt in place of Dragon Leather/Displacer Beast Hide, etc. 

I have renamed all of those, I cannot stand standard armour types having the words "dragon" or "mithral" in them, as you say, use brigandine, chain shirt, breast plate, lamellar, leather scale, etc, etc.

As for the OP: I would like to see a summoning option (no animal/monsters summoning spells yet).
1. I want to see Skills back. I hate the idea of being dependent on stat bonuses with few exceptions. My preference would be for PC's to be able to select any two Lores, as they have it now, and any four Skills of choice with no limitations, as before. I enjoyed the idea that any class could select any skill, and I want to see that make it into the final game.

2. I want to see an option for gaining Feats which isn't entirely dependent on substituting Ability Score Improvements. I hate, HATE, HATE that the only way to gain Feats is to trade in stat increases. Particularly since some classes only get four increases. If I'm playing a class which is dependent on two good stats, and I only start with 16's in both, then I have to sacrifice 20's in those stats entirely in order to take any Feats, which is crap. They should be encouraging more variety in characters, not stifling it by forcing players to choose between feats and stat increases.

3. I have a powerful dislike for the current Human. +1 to all six stats is incredibly boring. I've suggested a number of fixes on the forums, but the most simple fixes I can think of are either A) +1 to two stats of choice, Bonus Feat (which can be traded in to increase two stats by 1 if feats aren't being used), and adding a d4 Expertise die to checks made with a stat of the player's choice, or B) +1 to all six stats, but the player can trade in two stat bonuses for a bonus feat (I.E. +1 to all six stats/+1 to four stats; 1 Bonus Feat/+1 to two stats; 2 Bonus Feats/3 Bonus Feats). Either one is very simple while at the same time allowing Human players a lot of variability and options.

Those're my big three pet peaves right now. 

I have renamed all of those, I cannot stand standard armour types having the words "dragon" or "mithral" in them, as you say, use brigandine, chain shirt, breast plate, lamellar, leather scale, etc, etc.

As for the OP: I would like to see a summoning option (no animal/monsters summoning spells yet).

As a random thing that has nothing to do with the topic, which armor did you rename to Breastplate? Just curious.

In regards to the topic...monster creation rules, specifically for creatures that thematically, in D&D's history, grow in power as they age, such as vampires and dragons.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, "Are you really sure?"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/13.jpg)

Yes, this!

Dragon armours, mithril armours, etc. should all be magical items of some sort. 

id like to see module examples - critical and fumble tables, persistent injuries, and so on. just 1 or 2 examples. throw us a bone. also a mage subclass with no attack cantrips but autoscaling spell dmg...
- Sorcerer
- Warlock
- Skill module
- Tactical module
- Tieflings
- Drow would be nice, too, especially since dark elves are major players in my campaign setting.
Skills

A greater number of relevant choices between incomparables (or as close as they can get)

A non-vadaican option for spellcasting, multiclassing rules that allow be to be as good (but not better) as a monoclass character

Role Playing mechanics

A single module

Logical armor (weights and lore implications)

Rules for animal companions/followers/summoned monsters

Rules for lvl 1 feats (because a lot of tables will be house ruling it anyway)

Expanded item creation rules (any amorsmith can churn out an equally effective dragonscale/mithril plate suit given enough time?)

Ways to get item proficencies

A spell description index sorted by class --> level --> letter

A "Rutuals only" spell list

A character sheet that is usable

The human race turned intonot a gelationous grey ooze of "lol@pointbuy"

...and a dozen more things

What do I want to see in the last playtest packet? an announcement that it wont be the last playtest packet so they can test out these things. On us.
1 billion euros.
Warlock, swordmage, bard classes
Sorcerer, warlord subclasses
Non-Vancian casting modules
More complex martial subclasses
Skills
Tactical module

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

- Races that are actually fun, instead of the "boring packs of pidgeon-holing" we have today. Seriously, 13th Age can make a races feel awesome with a single feature each, so why cant Next do it with a whole lot of them?

- A better Ranger. While we're at it, better classes in general. A want a truly complex fighter, with maneuvers and stances and combos, not just some dude who can trip the oponent twice per encounter. I want a spell-less Ranger who can toatlly dominate any wilderness exploration. I want a Non-Vancian Mage, and I hope that different casting styles aren't linked to different fluffs of magic.

-  More meaningful choices all-around. Feats at level 1. Subclasses at level 1, and more of them. Ideally, a class system that lets you choose, in general terms, what you gain each level (like SWSE does it).

- Actual balanced feats. Swapping a +2 in my main stat for a daily use of a 2nd-level spell? Seriously?

... These are my big 4. 
I want to see the bard, and maneuvers that go back to the original packets ala skill tricks. I would also like to see the fighter class focus on weapon or armor specialization, versus the bland approach of the gladiator which should be the weapons master, or the knight which should be the defender. Basically take everything that is new and throw in features the were popular in the first packets. That is one thing I don't like about determining value of from all the packets, because they just move forward, versus re-visiting what was popular in the past. Call it a top 10 list of features that did not make it.
A worthwhile Warlord.
Modularity
The Warlord
Math that works
The Warlord
Classes having meaningful choices at (nearly) every level of their build.
The Warlord
Ahh, so THIS is where I can add a sig. Remember: Killing an ancient God inside of a pyramid IS a Special Occasion, and thus, ladies should be dipping into their Special Occasions underwear drawer.
Coupon for free pizza.  

But i think the following need at least one test pass.

• A Monster Race/Class (pixie).  A weak, balanced basic race, with optional class levels to fill out more powerful and iconic abilities.

• Pet class (ranger or necromancer).  Just because pet's always had issues.  Though the paladin has one.  It's not a main thing.

• A second casting type.  Just to see how they mesh.

Also, while not necessary for the next packet.  I'll be sticking with 4e unless there's Tactical/Teamwork abilities (warlord) and module (2xHP) to make it worth while.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Tactical module

Does a tactical module boil down to forced movement for some?
A worthwhile Warlord.
Modularity
The Warlord
Math that works
The Warlord
The Warlord

The Warlord seems to be one of the main lynchpins of the edition war.

Including it could could please, but also cause a lot of damage.

Seems too controversial.
Pet class (ranger or necromancer).  Just because pet's always had issues.  Though the paladin has one.  It's not a main thing.

I read awhile back the pet thing will be an independent module.
Tactical module

Does a tactical module boil down to forced movement for some?

That's probably 1/3 of it.  Assuming there are ways to take advantage of it (like a fireball, or good OA's).

Another 1/3 would be enough hit points to make it worth doing.  No need to push a guy when you can simply kill him.

And the final 1/3 is other synergies.  Warlord giving up his attack so the fighter can take extra one. The fighter knocking someone prone so the rogue get's advantage (though that's not in this packet).  The barbarian cracking the armor of a knight so the fighter has advantage.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Pet class (ranger or necromancer).  Just because pet's always had issues.  Though the paladin has one.  It's not a main thing.

@Tyger_Bryte Next packet: Necromancers. Please say yes.
@mikemearls Yes

not sure if that necromancer would be a pet class though
A worthwhile Warlord.
Modularity
The Warlord
Math that works
The Warlord
The Warlord

Seems too controversial.

Nah.

Martial healing is what's actually controversial.   And they said there would be a module.

The warlord can exists without it.  Shouting warning's as reactions, creating oppertunities for others to attack, and the like.

guides
Power
my builds

@mikemearls Yes

Should be.

Raising an army of miniions is their iconic feature.

If they get that right, summoner, and pet ranger should be fine.

guides
Power
my builds

A worthwhile Warlord.
Modularity
The Warlord
Math that works
The Warlord
The Warlord

Seems too controversial.

Nah.

Martial healing is what's actually controversial.   And they said there would be a module.

The warlord can exists without it.  Shouting warning's as reactions, creating oppertunities for others to attack, and the like.

I totally agree that martial healing really irks some, but I think the granting reactions/opportunities/moves/extra attacks, etc, to allies could fall into Bard and Fighter subclasses at this point.

@mikemearls Yes

Should be.

Raising an army of miniions is their iconic feature.

Funny this should come up, my buddy and I have been on fire back and forth in email correspondence the last few days over the Necromancer, now, I would just like it as an Arcane Tradition (like Abjurer, Conjurer, Diviner, etc), he would like it as a Feat that other casters (especially the cleric) can get too, but we both agree, undead are not intrinsic to the Necromancer (Merlin has been referred to as a necromancer, and he never summoned zombies, control undead, that I recall), and necromancy is also about life-force (sapping), and healing.
I totally agree that martial healing really irks some, but I think the granting reactions/opportunities/moves/extra attacks, etc, to allies could fall into Bard and Fighter subclasses at this point.

Hopefully both, and some other classes as well.

I don't want every tactical game to consist of 2 bards and 2 warlords.

guides
Power
my builds

You mean 2 Bards and 2 Fighters?
Funny this should come up, my buddy and I have been on fire back and forth in email correspondence the last few days over the Necromancer, now, I would just like it as an Arcane Tradition (like Abjurer, Conjurer, Diviner, etc), he would like it as a Feat that other casters (especially the cleric) can get too, but we both agree, undead are not intrinsic to the Necromancer (Merlin has been referred to as a necromancer, and he never summoned zombies, control undead, that I recall), and necromancy is also about life-force (sapping), and healing.

That may have been the origional meaning.  And there will still likey be some of that (finger of death).

But the iconic is pretty much "undead summoner" now.

guides
Power
my builds

I totally agree (the "shouting wounds closed" really irks some), but I think the granting reactions/opportunities/moves/extra attacks, etc, to allies could fall into Bard and Fighter subclasses at this point.

All combats are tactical.